Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 439876 times)

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: HMMMMMMMMMMMMM?!
« Reply #240 on: February 06, 2019, 12:50:53 pm »

((Okay okay see my real REAL turn later.))
« Last Edit: February 07, 2019, 07:53:01 am by Gentlefish »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: February 06, 2019, 03:09:15 pm »

With money in hand he returns to the barracks, and goes to sleep.
Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: February 06, 2019, 03:11:19 pm »

money received. Keep jamming to tunes and relaxing

Spoiler: Eddrick, Sanitation (click to show/hide)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: February 06, 2019, 03:18:46 pm »

I was also there! Sort of.

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: February 06, 2019, 04:02:07 pm »

Head back to Barracks.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: February 06, 2019, 05:53:59 pm »

"Team players sometimes end up on the bench."
"Why do I find that ominous?"

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: February 06, 2019, 06:54:01 pm »

"Hah! Come now. Surely you don't expect a man of my massive intellect to fall for that. A bet on minimum deaths and one that includes people outside our team no less? I'm not going to take that, not until I see the next incident. If things are already going horribly wrong, like a demonic invasion or something, then I'm almost certain to lose. Either we bet on a range of deaths or we bet on deaths of security team 9154 only."

((If this universe has -9 incidents, then it's probably smarter not to be the one betting on there being less than 8 deaths.))
Jon smirks a bit.

"Well, you were the one who tried to get me to bet on fewer than four ST 9154 deaths for next mission. I only thought it fair to unbalance the bet the other way. What kind of range of deaths are you thinking? Maybe we can bet on collateral damage - how many unnecessary deaths caused by the team, or how much real estate we damage in the process."

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: All I want for Christmas...
« Reply #247 on: February 06, 2019, 10:20:09 pm »

Spoiler: HAZMAT Harry, HMRC (click to show/hide)

Aaaaaah school is trying to kill me

Collect money
Noticeable actions...umm...tried to pull switch, tried to get information? How about "failed miserably at simple actions, so miserably that it must be worth a consolation prize"?
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #248 on: February 07, 2019, 02:12:57 am »

Spuds would like to get paid.

Spoiler: Spuds (click to show/hide)

There's also syvarris's character, Rezel.

Spoiler: Rezel Revel's Sheet (click to show/hide)

Message from OMNITECH accounting:

550 Omni has been added to your account.
Note:Woof Woof 

((Sorry, late post))

Give the doggo a goodbye scritch behind the ears, remind them not to forget what a good boy/girl he or she is, then stand up, dust myself off and re-equip my resting bitch face before heading back to the barracks to do some before-bed yoga.
Make a detour to grab a nourishing, low-cal smoothie on the way if possible.

[8]
Mildred wanders into the kitchen, fills a glass with whatever she can find, mashes it up, and then starts drinking it. She walks back to the barracks, spitting out bits of napkin like watermelon seeds on the way.

600 Omni has been added to your account.
Note: Girls who handle dogs really well are kind of suspicious

"Hey! One of you lawyer types wanna help me with a task? Janitorial is looking for a few good men, and that Monkey was a few good men. I need some requisition forms filled out.

Jon's gonna go put in a requisition for transfer of personnel. Requesting the transfer of one Anime Ape to Sanitation Department, to be assigned alongside Jon and Edd in our locale.

Jon puts in a request for personnel transfer. Under the "Why" section he writes "Because it would be wicked sweet."

Wake up in the infirmary at some point down the line. Then probably start swearing.

Roald wakes up in the infirmary. His arms have been replaced, from the shoulder down with "Generic" brand prosthetic. They're functional metal limbs but look like something from the early age of scifi, all straight rods and spherical joints that don't try to replicate the look of a human arm anymore than a stick figure does.  Beyond that he's got several pale yellowish OMNITECH Fauxskin grafts that make it look like he's been patched up with chunks of anemic American cheese. He is happy that he's alive. Right up until the accountants send him a message.

500 Omni has been added to your account. 400 Omni has been withdrawn for medical expenses. 
Note: Death and Taxes sometimes intertwine.

Paperwork filled out and pay received, Qualt feels satisfied enough to leave their desk and visit the company store.

Reply to accounting: れるれるれるれるれる
Perform a quick check on the contents of my desk.

Then go see what's for sale for a medic. I might want to stock up before something real dangerous.

Spoiler: Qualt (click to show/hide)
Qualt doesn't have a desk. Oh dear.

Spoiler: HAZMAT Harry, HMRC (click to show/hide)

Aaaaaah school is trying to kill me

Collect money
Noticeable actions...umm...tried to pull switch, tried to get information? How about "failed miserably at simple actions, so miserably that it must be worth a consolation prize"?

500 Omni has been added to your account.
Note: The law of averages is sometimes the law of mediocres

I was also there! Sort of.

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)

500 Omni has been added to your account.
Note: A name change form has been sent to your inbox.

EVERYONE LEVEL UP.  THAT'S INCREASING ONE STAT AND ONE SKILL (NOT LIFE OR ATTACK THOUGH YOU DINGUSES)

The members of the Security team eventually make it back to the barracks one way or another and catch some sleep. When they finally awaken sometime in the early evening their accounts have been filled with Omni and things seem to be quieting down outside, the last normal day workers heading back to their own living pods.  Without much to do, they explore the area and quickly discover a few useful places.  The first is the cafeteria, where robotic arms -each topped in a curly wig that is in turn covered with a hairnet- dispense a variety of food and drink for a reasonable price.  The second is the breakroom, this one apparently designated for security as it has the normal break room stuff - table, chairs, wall mounted tv, fridge, pingpong table, etc- as well as one of the security alert stations where they can check on any broadcasted alerts. Thirdly, there's a OMNITECH General Goods vending machine down the hall that seems to sell a lot of basic goods like communicators, bandages, health insurance, space suits, grappling guns, and the like.  Lastly is the Infirmary which has two desks: the first is the medical aid desk where injured people get dragged to. The second is the Implant desk, which is set up something like a fast food restaurant with a big colorful menu of implants with pictures and short descriptions.

It seems like it will probably be a good few hours till they get called again (Barring emergencies) so there's a bit of time to search around.

OMNITECH General Goods Vending machine Inventory

Infirmary Implant List

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: February 07, 2019, 03:37:39 am »

Level up guns to d10!
Endurance to d6!
Buy an insurance policy.

« Last Edit: February 07, 2019, 03:38:49 pm by The Lupanian »
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #250 on: February 07, 2019, 06:18:00 am »

Jon smirks a bit.

"Well, you were the one who tried to get me to bet on fewer than four ST 9154 deaths for next mission. I only thought it fair to unbalance the bet the other way. What kind of range of deaths are you thinking? Maybe we can bet on collateral damage - how many unnecessary deaths caused by the team, or how much real estate we damage in the process."
"I certainly did not! The precise thing I was betting on was having exactly 4 Malian deaths (including repeated deaths via reincarnation, time paradox or other such nonsense). Though if you can get another participant to join us, we could set up some sort of betting pool where we can all make minimum death bets and split the pool appropriately when we win."

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK
« Reply #251 on: February 07, 2019, 06:31:50 am »

Spoiler: medic n°2 (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: February 08, 2019, 12:29:04 pm by ziizo »
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: February 07, 2019, 06:37:58 am »

Increase Endurance to d6 and Guns to d8.
Buy a Universal communicator, 3 generic rifle magazines, and a Omni-eye.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • the earth spins very fast
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: February 07, 2019, 06:41:10 am »

Note that paying 800 for effectively half a level in a very specific niche skill is an incredibly useless item. Especially because anyone who really wants speech could have maxed it out by now.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: February 07, 2019, 07:57:15 am »

Paperwork filled out and pay received, Qualt feels satisfied enough to leave their desk and visit the company store.

Reply to accounting: れるれるれるれるれる
Perform a quick check on the contents of my desk.

levelup: Speed and Mechanics.

Purchase: phoenix down external defib

Spoiler: Qualt (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 07, 2019, 08:06:05 am by Gentlefish »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 334