Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 452310 times)

Hotfire90

Re: MOOK: Bad Dog.
« Reply #420 on: March 03, 2019, 09:56:47 am »

Charge into Lab 1, open fire on anything that doesn't look human.
Spoiler: Heather Reid (click to show/hide)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: March 03, 2019, 09:59:41 am »

Give one of my Fov marker balls to Pathos, and also make sure I've got either one of the balls or the program he send me running.
Then make my way over to the break room. Check for immediate dangers. If there are, courageously run away. If there aren't, loot the place and start cleaning up.

Spoiler: Eddrick, Sanitation (click to show/hide)

Tongo

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: March 03, 2019, 12:09:40 pm »

Go up to Eddrick and give him a bearhug, then assist in cleaning up.
"I mop! You mop! We friends!
Spoiler: Bob (click to show/hide)

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Days without an accident: 0
« Reply #423 on: March 03, 2019, 12:13:45 pm »

Spoiler: Redshirt (click to show/hide)
Well, nothing was bursting through... Boring.
Ooh, was that a blast door over there?
Walk over to Blast Door to Lab 3. Attempt to use Omni-Eyes to determine what's on the other side.
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: March 03, 2019, 12:24:20 pm »

Poke my head into the break room before following the others to Lab 1.  Be ready to open fire.

Spoiler: spuds (click to show/hide)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: March 03, 2019, 01:18:13 pm »

Keep my rifle at the ready as I follow everyone that's going into Lab 1.
Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: March 04, 2019, 06:20:47 am »

...Just grab one of the FoF identifiers, then trail along behind the crazy people heading all the way to Lab 1.  Haha, no, never mind.  Stick with the lab 3 people; I was confused about which areas were which.  Thanks, Ozarck!

Spoiler: Scared Security (click to show/hide)

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: March 04, 2019, 05:42:14 pm »

Head off after the others with Rezel. Not much to do here.

I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: March 04, 2019, 08:33:35 pm »

Ed isn't really sure what to do. So he goes to find his buddy Edd and see what'a up.

"Hello Edd! Smile for the camera!"
Keep filming everything that happens nearby. Still in grainy VHS mode of course.

« Last Edit: March 04, 2019, 08:48:51 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #429 on: March 06, 2019, 02:06:13 pm »

((I actually never got a FoF marker, so I assume I must have snatched one from someone else due to my overshoot.

EDIT: Me and Pancaek resolved it on discord, he gave me one of his.))

Great work me! Make sure there's no other warnings in the decontamination machine to make sure Clem has no other signs of contamination the machine can detect.

Then go join the team at the vats and inspect them. Anything valuable in or around them that could "go missing"? I bet that fella with the prosthetics would pay good money for something more high grade.

Pathos checks the readout from the decontamination machine and finds that it is clear.  He gestures that Clem's bleeding semi-corpse can leave in peace.

That done he wanders through the airlock and into the room with the vats. He examines the body in the occupied one, mostly looking at the prosthetic. [4] They're high grade military prosthetics for sure, though what special features they have he can't tell.  As per if they can "Go missing" its highly doubtful that no one would notice people smashing open a vat and stealing equipment. However, maybe there are other versions of these limbs sitting around loose in the lab somewhere. Those could easily go missing.

Spoiler: medic n°2 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: SPOILED FOR GIRTH (click to show/hide)

try to heal Clem or at least prevent him from dying.

Same action again really: use my sticky goop on Clem to keep him from bleeding out.

(Note: if applying the goop rolls Med instead of Gun or nothing, then either give goop gun to medic for use or just don't bother, don't wanna stick it into his lungs and pump 'em full or something).

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)
[medical: Advantage, done this before recently 10, 10]
Steve, apparently becoming very cross that his hard work has been undone by an unfeeling robot, proceeds to "Fix" Clem by just cutting the unfortunate sexless weirdo in half and stuffing a plug of foam into the top half.  He then proceeds to pick the body up by one arm and toss it over his shoulder like a hobo rucksack before walking towards the door out of the labs. When he tries to open it he finds that someone on the security team has locked it down and it requires that person's credentials to open.

"I sincerely hope that person isn't this idiot." Steve says to Yagyu, shaking Clem's body around for illustrative purposes.

Kill me more, PW daddy.
Well, you heard him PW.

anyways. Go see about being useless useful, like shout out encouraging statements and managorial advice in business jargon to help coordinate medical efforts.

Murphy follows the group into the lab 1 and 2 antechamber and begins giving a lecture on the importance of synergy.  He mostly just quotes motivational posters he's seen.

"Those guys got spunk. I like them. Too bad they are shooting though. I bet it would be friendly if we just kept feeding it bits. Well, not friendly, exactly, heh heh heh. But containable, maybe."

Use corpse blood to write "Hi Edd !!" on the tube that has the cyborg in it. Then, arrange most of the corpse bits on the floor to spell "Jon Wuz Heer" (alternatively, "Francis"). Then, check the supply room for lootables. No incinerating for now, as those corpse bits might still be useful as dogmonster treats.

Spoiler: Gambling Hall (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)
Jon carefully does some gore graffiti before walking over to the supply room and checking what it has to offer.
[8]
There's a lot of garbage in the supply room. Boxes of pens? Bah. Reams of printer paper? Sickening. Industrial sized printer cartridge?  More valuable than human blood sure, but also boring.  Ah but in the back, this looks interesting. Jon finds a Hypodermic Spear sitting in the back of the supply room along with a half dozen small vials of a greenish liquid that are apparently designed to work with it.

Give one of my Fov marker balls to Pathos, and also make sure I've got either one of the balls or the program he send me running.
Then make my way over to the break room. Check for immediate dangers. If there are, courageously run away. If there aren't, loot the place and start cleaning up.

Spoiler: Eddrick, Sanitation (click to show/hide)
Go up to Eddrick and give him a bearhug, then assist in cleaning up.
"I mop! You mop! We friends!
Spoiler: Bob (click to show/hide)

Ed isn't really sure what to do. So he goes to find his buddy Edd and see what'a up.

"Hello Edd! Smile for the camera!"
Keep filming everything that happens nearby. Still in grainy VHS mode of course.

Edd and Bob walk right past lab 1 and into the break room. The break room is actually quite clean. Its an odd room, pretty large and cross shaped, with a central island for food prep and refrigeration and sections of tables off in each of the nooks around it.  There's a cup or two of coffee that people have dropped and even a half eaten scone laying forlorn off to the side but no corpses or other signs of violence. No signs of danger either, at least from a quick glance.

Ed wanders in a few moments later and dramatically takes shots of the spilled coffee while making spooky ghost noises with his mouth.

All we need now is someone named "Eddy" and the trio will be complete.

Spoiler:  Kerberos (click to show/hide)

"Come back here FUCKER! There's no where for you to hide, Shitcat! I'll chase you to the ends of this station!"

Pay no attention to the grisly display before me and rush into Lab 1, shooting and screaming wildly as I do so.
Spoiler: Jengo! (click to show/hide)

"What he said!"

Follow Kerberos, for I admire his courage. Stay a distance apart so the bugman can't simultaneously bite us up and pincer other comrades easily. Find that bug and shoot at it! Blam blam blam! If I have time (on the way in) look for heavier weapons that can have an easier time breaching its hide.
”Hey, I like your style! It’s not too late to die young!”
Run straight through to Lab 1, advancing just behind Kerberos.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"Ah, what the hell. Might as well do my job."

Follow Kerberos into Lab 1, though taking a more professional approach by keeping my rifle raised and ready to fire if I encounter something hostile.

Spoiler:  Jack Hansan (click to show/hide)
Charge into Lab 1, open fire on anything that doesn't look human.
Poke my head into the break room before following the others to Lab 1.  Be ready to open fire.

Spoiler: spuds (click to show/hide)

Kerb, Jengo, Lance, Jack, Heather, and Spuds all run for lab 1...with varying degrees of professionalism and insanity.

Lab 1 is a fairly ordinary looking bio-engineering lab. Lots of nice counter space with microscopes, burners, centrifuges, and a lot of other complex things which no one is really sure what are. Maybe mass spectrometer? Maybe expensive coffee maker. The walls are all covered in shelving or cabinets which hold all manner of glassware, electronic parts, vials, jars, and so forth. There are fume hoods here and there, and what look like smaller versions of the tanks outside, these containing only parts of bodies with prosthetics grafted to them. There's even an organo-printer in the back with its visible tanks of amino acids and raw elemental components.  Amidst all the order and precision there is a swath of bloody destruction that runs random from the door all the way to the second section of the lab. The dog thing is back there, busily chowing down on what looks like half a chest attached to a prosthetic arm.  When it sees the group coming in, gung ho as they are, it immediately tosses the snack aside and charges.

Kerb[4, 1v6] [2] use die -1 level
Jengo[1,1v5] [6]
Lance [4, 6v2] [1] use die -1 level
Jack [3, 2v2] [3]
Heather[5 2v4] [2] use die -1 level
Spuds [3 1v6] [2] use die -1 level

Every single member of the advancing security team opens fire at once, unleashing a wall of high speed metal.  Jengo unfortunately fumbles his rifle in the excitement of it all and gun misfires as it hits the ground, putting a high caliber military round straight through his breast plate.  He gurgles and flops forward, blood quickly pooling under his twitching body.  Its hard to tell whose bullets do what in the outrageous onslaught of sound and light, but the creature's carapace is lit by sparks from deflecting rounds. However at least one bullet finds its mark and shatters a large chunk of the creature's odd beartrap head.  The beast keeps running for several paces before falling onto its side, limbs flailing wildly in all directions, smashing the lab around it to splinters before it finally goes limp.

...Just grab one of the FoF identifiers, then trail along behind the crazy people heading all the way to Lab 1.  Haha, no, never mind.  Stick with the lab 3 people; I was confused about which areas were which.  Thanks, Ozarck!

Spoiler: Scared Security (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Redshirt (click to show/hide)
Well, nothing was bursting through... Boring.
Ooh, was that a blast door over there?
Walk over to Blast Door to Lab 3. Attempt to use Omni-Eyes to determine what's on the other side.
Head off after the others with Rezel. Not much to do here.

Rezel and Roald attempt to enter lab 3 but quickly find that, without a red keycard, the huge blast door refuses to open.  Now...who hat those keycards again? It was Benny, wasn't it?

Redshirt attempts to see through the door with his elf techno-eyes but all he can tell from a scan of it is that apparently the door and the rooms beyond are shielded against such things. Oddly secure.

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: March 06, 2019, 02:15:52 pm »

Spoiler:  Kerberos (click to show/hide)

Calmly reload my rifle, walk up to the slain beast, and empty the new magazine into it.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2019, 02:28:23 pm by Yottawhat »
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: MOOK: Old Yeller and New Screamer.
« Reply #431 on: March 06, 2019, 02:16:06 pm »

Find somewhere I can plug my adapter (make sure it's not a power plug first) and see what data I can pull, either on this project in general or where they keep the good loot.

EDIT: Oh! But first, call my scientist friend to see if he survived his rescue team's arrival. If he did, he might be able to just tell me the answers and if he didn't he might have some loot. So win-win either way

« Last Edit: March 06, 2019, 02:22:11 pm by Parisbre56 »

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: March 06, 2019, 02:21:43 pm »

Make a fresh pot of coffee. About the best thing I've used my modest technical expertise for yet.

Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK
« Reply #433 on: March 06, 2019, 02:30:42 pm »

Spoiler: medic n°2 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: SPOILED FOR GIRTH (click to show/hide)

Loot everything from Clem then see if there is way to go to the guys chasing the dog.
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Hotfire90

« Reply #434 on: March 06, 2019, 02:36:28 pm »

"How? Just how did you even manage to shoot yourself?"

Save Jengo from bleeding out.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 334