Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 441839 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: MOOK: Animal Cruelty
« Reply #630 on: April 19, 2019, 01:50:29 pm »

"Hey Jon, would you be a dear and throw me some alcohol?"

If I can get away with asking a quick question: Is this thing just a badly printed cat or is there something unnatural going on with it?

Is there anything flammable nearby? Like a bottle of alcohol or petrol and some way to make fire like a Bunsen burner or a lighter? If yes, throw said things with the intent of creating a barrier or burning the cat enough to scare it away from me.

If I don't find a lighter, then throw the flammable substance at the cat. It had to open wounds, so it will probably hurt it enough. And even if I miss maybe it will dislike the smell or the taste.

Otherwise: Run towards it, screaming and shooting. If it's just an animal, it will probably be intimidated. And if it's not... Maybe I can change direction and run away at the last second.

((Not the best plan but better than nothing. Dice don't fail me now!))

« Last Edit: April 19, 2019, 01:53:22 pm by Parisbre56 »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: April 19, 2019, 11:50:04 pm »

"Eh? Now that's a fine request. Lemme see if I can find you some. Be right back."

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: April 20, 2019, 10:25:27 am »

Spoiler: HAZMAT Harry, HMRC (click to show/hide)

Well, crap. Nothing for it. Advance behind the other lunatics who are heading towards that suspicious noise and keep eyes on the ceiling and walls.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: April 20, 2019, 01:21:59 pm »

Spoiler:  Kerberos (click to show/hide)
Keep being Kerberos, Unconscious man with no feet. Maybe try seeing if I can move any muscles or something.
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #634 on: April 21, 2019, 01:26:05 pm »

"I ain't opening that door."

Step back through the open door and aim rifle towards the closes one.

Spoiler:  Jack Hansan (click to show/hide)
"Sounds like someone's taking a shit in that room."
Open the door while keeping my rifle ready to shoot any hostiles inside.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Get up with the other security and make ready for action
Spoiler: HAZMAT Harry, HMRC (click to show/hide)

Well, crap. Nothing for it. Advance behind the other lunatics who are heading towards that suspicious noise and keep eyes on the ceiling and walls.

Spoiler: medic n°2 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: SPOILED FOR GIRTH (click to show/hide)

Try to identify the sounds behind the door

[3]
Steve puts his ear to the door. He's pretty sure the sounds are coming from a woman and that she's either in pain, angry, or both. She's groaning and he can hear her moving about on the ground, rolling and kicking and squirming.  He backs away and Benny carefully steps forward and opens the door. The room beyond is not that special. Its smaller than lab two, with four of those pod things in it, though these are different then the others. They're in a sort of golden tinged goo and the bodies and prosthetic within are all done up in a very artistic way. The one closest to the door is posed and dressed (if a piece of fabric covering her lower body can be called "Dressed") to look like the Venus de Milo but with prosthetic limbs replacing the traditionally missing arms. Display models, it seems.

There are two big support pillars in the main section of the room and a few work areas with executive sized chairs and executive sized desks and executive style "Simple yet elegant" show offy pens and desk toys. All the way in the back, in a small alcove, is a vending machine of prodigious size. 10 feet tall and maybe 15 or more feet wide, it appears to contain prosthetics.  In the middle of the room, surrounded by the debris of thrown chairs and turned over desks, is a woman. She's curled in the fetal position and is apparently screaming through clenched teeth.  The room's lights are flickering oddly. There is a smell of burnt hair and ozone.

"Ugh. Why does this keep happening? I think my gun hates me."

"That wasn't an excuse to loiter! Please leave!"

Thank Omni-God for my armor and shoot at the cat thing lying prone. Grumble grumble.
[5][3v6][5]
Jengo rolls onto his stomach and fires again at the cat thing. Rounds smack into it with bursts of odd fluid and...lint? Fluff? Fabric fragments? The creature jerks and twitches a bit as the shot strike home but it doesn't seem to really notice them.

"I'm not loitering, I'm on break! Now then, Pathos, just so you know, if you are one of the ones that die, I am not paying out the bet to you. Too much paperwork that way. Oh hey! I got this weird dart gun from the su- from the sanitation supplies. Want me to shoot him with it?"

Load a cartridge into the hypo spear and wave it around menacingly casually. Consider accidentally firing it at one of my colleagues, or even myself.
Edit - rummage around for some alcohol to toss to Pathos.

Spoiler: Gambling Hall (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)
Jon sort of idly waves the hypospear at the cat-thing in a way that could be best described as sarcastically aggressive. Or aggressively sarcastic. As he does this, usually not even looking at the creature, he rummages around looking for alcohol.

[9]
He finds a bottle of rubbing alcohol in a cabinet and underhand tosses it right over the cat-thing and into Pathos' lap.

"Yeah good luck with that, I guess."

"Hey Jon, would you be a dear and throw me some alcohol?"

If I can get away with asking a quick question: Is this thing just a badly printed cat or is there something unnatural going on with it?

Is there anything flammable nearby? Like a bottle of alcohol or petrol and some way to make fire like a Bunsen burner or a lighter? If yes, throw said things with the intent of creating a barrier or burning the cat enough to scare it away from me.

If I don't find a lighter, then throw the flammable substance at the cat. It had to open wounds, so it will probably hurt it enough. And even if I miss maybe it will dislike the smell or the taste.

Otherwise: Run towards it, screaming and shooting. If it's just an animal, it will probably be intimidated. And if it's not... Maybe I can change direction and run away at the last second.

((Not the best plan but better than nothing. Dice don't fail me now!))

Hard to tell. Bad printing could cause all sorts of issues, including giant screaming angry thing issues. If this were lab 1 you'd be more inclined to believe there's some sort of HELL tomfoolery going on but as is...probably just a bad print.

A bottle of Alcohol lands in Pathos' lap so he immediately looks about for something to light it with
[3]
No burners, no lighters, no open electrical wires...but the lights overhead are incandecents. It might be possible, just possible, that if he threw the bottle into the lights that both would shatter and a spark might ignite the fluid. A long shot at best but...nothing else really stands out.
[2]
He hurls the bottle and much to his surprise it bounces off the plastic enclosure around the light and then onto the ground, harmlessly.

"ah...right...the bottle was plastic too. Hmm"

[4]
The cat thing lunges and Pathos moves, sliding so that the massive, irratically arranged claws  sink into the linoleum behind him. The thing's blunk comes down on top of him though and he finds himself directly under the creature, pinned but also in a position that, thanks to its lack of back limbs, it can't reach. The two are basically tangled together in a great mass of bloody fabric.

"Thank you for the help, Lance, appreciated. Though he probably won't last very long like this, but we did all we can do.

HEY YOU, medic! Yes, the second one! Come over here and help me stabilize the ape.

Oh, and you guys in the hallway, be aware, I'm getting HELL particle readings from there. Whatever is making those, it ain't good."

If medic comes over to properly treat the ape, help with that if I can.

If not, tag along with the group into the hallway, but let one of the security guards go first. Goop any hostiles that present themselves. Try to use the scanner to analyze the sounds coming from behind that door to determine if it sounds human.

By the way, could we perhaps use that bioprinter to, I dunno, get some replacement blood for the ape? Or is the machine unsuited/too busted for that?

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)
"It was totally dangerous!  And aggressive!  And dangerous!  The last ape caught bullets and spoke Japanese, if I hadn't shot this one we might all have died!  That wouldn't be good!"

Whine that my senseless murder was justified by more than blind fear, and since the other nearby areas are currently either filled with hell particles or near a giant man-eating cat monster, guard Spuds as he drags the ape away.  By keeping the gun trained on the ape.  From at least ten feet away.

Spoiler: Scared Security (click to show/hide)
Evacuate ye Ape.  If there are any shenanigans between me and the exit, apply gun and/or baton as necessary.

Spoiler: Spuds (click to show/hide)
Yagyu and Spuds carry the ape  out of the room and out of the lab entirely,  straight to the infirmary. Rezel tags along, complaining constantly to no one in particular that his blind murderous actions were completely justified and rational and honeslty if they don't understand that then they're just a freaking security risk and honestly who wouldn't be afraid of a giant talking monkey it was a very scary thing and it had nothing to do with a particular traumatic visit to a circus in which a baboon ate someone's face nothing at all to do with that or any hypothetical instance like that.

The people in the infirmary seem uncharactersitically worried about the ape. Immediately asking "Who shot Reginald!?"

"WHY WOULD YOU EVEN THROW A DOORKNOB AT SOMEONE?! IT'S VERY RUDE TO ASSAULT A MEDIC WITH A DOORKNOB YOU KNOW! YOU'RE COMING WITH ME, MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL BY HELPING ME CARRY HIM!"

Check pain levels and administer painkillers if necessary. Get up and drag both the medical mystery and mystery man to the infirmary.
Spoiler: Heather Reid (click to show/hide)
Help drag the man with no door knobs to the infirmary before immediately dropping them up on entry 
Spoiler: Gurhle struggle sprek (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  Kerberos (click to show/hide)
Keep being Kerberos, Unconscious man with no feet. Maybe try seeing if I can move any muscles or something.
Heather (+2 asprin) and ????? carry Kerberos to the infirmary where, after a short description of the spider thing, he is given a dose of antivenom and immediately regains his ability to move. His missing feet however, rather inhibit this ability to move.  They offer a pair of robo feet for 200 Omni.

Edd sends a message to the team.

Code: [Select]
Hey guys,

I managed to get a usb that's some kind of key for unlocking the prostethic vending machine. So if anyone actually finds the thing, give me a holler.
Regards,

Eddrick
Sanitation Team

Loot some desks. If no loot is to be found, go in search of a mess to clean up.

Spoiler: Eddrick, Sanitation (click to show/hide)
[8]
Edd reaches into a  large desk drawer and gropes blindly for goodies.

Something grabs his wrist.

Hotfire90

« Reply #635 on: April 21, 2019, 05:27:54 pm »

File a complaint against the mystery man for assaulting a medic in the middle of a medical operation, then head towards Lab 2.
Spoiler: Heather Reid (click to show/hide)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: April 21, 2019, 05:34:23 pm »

"That guy."  Point at twitchy.  "Reggie going to live, doc?"

Offload the ape and then proceed back to the mission area.  Pick up as many wayward players as possible on the way back.

Spoiler: Spuds (click to show/hide)

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK
« Reply #637 on: April 21, 2019, 06:57:50 pm »

Spoiler: medic n°2 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: SPOILED FOR GIRTH (click to show/hide)

She is obviously possessed let an occult guy  deal with this while keeping away.
Wait we don't have Occult guys? Let security shoot her then.

GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: April 22, 2019, 05:46:18 am »

"She's probably filled with alien or demon babies, best put her down."
Shoot the woman in the head everything.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: April 22, 2019, 09:11:48 am »

“I really do wish there was something I could do, but this is above my pay grade.”
Circle around and make sure nothing nasty is hiding somewhere else in the room. If anything seems hostile, liberate its insides from its outside via machine gun.
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

SamSpeeds

• Bay Watcher
  • ah ah ah oooh yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: April 22, 2019, 12:02:18 pm »

Spoiler: JENGO (click to show/hide)

Uh... Bullets no working... Uh... Scramble over there and grab it by the tail-thing that links it to the printer! If it has a greater reaction to that, start ripping it up and shooting it and stuff. If it doesn't seem to care, use it to try to pull the thing off Pathos so he can get away.

"Geddouttadere!!!" 

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: April 22, 2019, 12:12:13 pm »

Return to the lab we were investigating.

If I come across the misprinted cat situation, try to glue it to the floor with sticky goop. If it's still on top of a teammate, try to carefully goop just the cat then (sticking its limbs together).

If not, then sticky any hostiles in that room, or just scan the corpses of what remains (don't getg close though if not 100% sure it is down and out).

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK
« Reply #642 on: April 22, 2019, 11:15:14 pm »

Hold Benny's gun to keep him from firing, because I'm totally with that group.
Also observe the room with my metal eyes and occult expertise.

Clem points angrily back towards the main room, which contains a perfectly functional decontamination machine that they may as well use to kill the crazy woman, rather than shoot her and probably let something dreadful out in the process.
"M̨͈̬͈̺̭̘̝m̘͉̩͎̳͕̝̀p͡h̟͔̪̼!̷͓͉͇̯͕̠̪"

Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: April 23, 2019, 07:22:13 am »

Rezel quietly giggles when Spuds points at him, his eyes flicking from side to side frantically in search of an escape.  When he finds none, he immediately sets to making excuses "At least I didn't kill him!  If he didn't want to get shot he shouldn't have been a giant screaming ape ripping open big metal doors in a lab that's full of corpses and monsters and literally Hell!  When security comes, you stand back and put your hands up, you don't come charging at us while yelling!  Especially not if you're a giant monkey!"

Make a bunch of excuses, then hastily follow Spuds back out before anyone can poke any holes in said excuses.  Firmly ignore Spuds if he's the one to poke the holes.

Spoiler: Scared Security (click to show/hide)

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: April 23, 2019, 08:16:46 am »

Too busy to make a proper post right now, If I don't update this in time, just follow the medic and make a nice walk cycle
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 334