Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 441934 times)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Das Boot is made for running, and thats just what it'll do.
« Reply #1095 on: July 17, 2019, 02:35:49 pm »

Shoot, if I can.
Doot, if I cannot.

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: MOOK: Das Boot is made for running, and thats just what it'll do.
« Reply #1096 on: July 18, 2019, 09:43:01 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
“What if we went upwards? Out of the canyon?”
Get foam gun out to shoot st something if it breaks through the windoe
Tara gets out her foam gun and gets ready to use it in a way probably more congruent with its original intent than its common usage.

"Oh god, there's so many of them."
Crawl under my seat and hide.
Harold assumes the standard OMNI security adversity response position.

Rummage through the rest of the underseats and try and snag the additional ink bombs.
Spoiler:  Charon (click to show/hide)
[4]
Charon manages to safely scavenge several ink bombs from the undersides of other chairs.

do these eels count as occult? If so, remember everything I know about them. Also, turn of any lights near me, to set the mood.
Toby considers the fishy things.
[9]
He decides that they are not occult, just alien. Probably.

Shoot, if I can.
Doot, if I cannot.

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)
Porque no los dos?

"I HAVE A PLAN!!!"
Give one of the bystanders a flare to eject backwards from the ship if possible. Yell for Pathos to kill the lights once the flare is outside of the ship. Hope the fish follow the flare and not us. Be ready to shoot fish with turret if this fails. "The creatures are after our lights! This ought to confuse them."

((This requires three things: At least one bystander to eject the flare (read: Harold, Charon, or Pike), Pathos's cooperation, and a method of ejecting the flare in a direction away from us without ejecting us or flooding the ship with the gas.))

((Also, Pathos... are you sure we were in a canyon?))
Quote from: two turns back
The ship is moving through a canyon of sorts it seems like, ragged stone walls like stalagmite teeth rising up around them.
((I might be freaking out a little bit, but I'm getting a very definite star wars "This is no cave" feeling.))

Spoiler: Fred Williams (click to show/hide)
Turn off the lamps and fly a bit higher to throw them off our trail. Also stop firing the thrusters if they emit a lot of light and just coast forward if that's a thing that would make sense. Otherwise just keep flying towards our destination and Dodge anything bright coming our way.

((Too bad nobody has night vision.))

[11]
[4]
Pathos kills all the lights in the craft, inside and out, and reduces the engines to the point that they shouldn't be visible. Meanwhile Fred attempts to get literally anyone to listen to his plan with the flare, however the rest of the team either didn't listen or didn't feel like doing it or just got caught up in bystander syndrome and assumed someone else would handle it. So no one comes forth. This leaves Fred with exactly one recourse: He has to do it himself.  He runs to the rear of the ship and attempts to open the back just a bit. This of course goes poorly and the entire back hatch ends up slamming open, exposing  interior of the ship to the exterior gaseous world. The thick, opaque gasses start flowing in like fluid, the pressure of the outside world overcoming even the tremendous speed of the craft. Fred hurls the flare off into the darkness and to his satisfaction watches as indefinite shapes and shimmering lights flow in towards it.
[4]
He punches the hatch controls and the door closes and locks right about as the hatch controls crunch under his fist and are rendered inoperable.  The opaque gas settles in the bottom of the ship at roughly hip height, keeping the breathable atmosphere compressed up on the top of the ship. The alien gases are  cold but not lethally so.

Maybe 30 seconds later there is a curious sound, like metal tearing, and an intense feeling of vertigo and freefall. Then the darkness of the gaseous alien phasespace vanishes in an instant, replaced with the equally vast, but far more familiar, darkness of space. The shuttle has popped back into real space  slightly off target due to the lowered engine output in the last seconds of their flight, but it is still close enough to easily make out their target.  The asteroid looks like a potato, a big lumpy oblong thing spattered with small impact craters. It is quite large, several miles in with and two or three times that in length, but outwardly completely uninteresting, save for two things. The first is what everyone expected: The glowing metallic nub of a docking station squatting at the apex of the asteroid, evidence of human habitation and no doubt larger structures within.  The second thing, which no one expected, is a metal spike that has skewered through the entire asteroid on a diagonal, its sharp tip pointing out one end and its flat tip pointing out the other. What kind of metal it is, its origin, its nature, they cannot tell from here. But it feels to all of them like an ominous portent; a harbinger of doom.   

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: MOOK: Echoes
« Reply #1097 on: July 18, 2019, 09:58:58 am »

Keep moving towards where we're supposed to dock and dock there. Don't transmit anything like identification or docking requests until I absolutely have to. If they haven't noticed us, I don't want to give them time to prepare for us.

Unless the team wants to inspect it from the outside or dock somewhere else, in which case do that.

Oh, by the way, how do people who go to missions like this get back to the MOOK base? Are we going to have to find a similar machine and activate it? Or does the shuttle activate some sort of beacon to call for a pickup?

« Last Edit: July 19, 2019, 09:48:15 am by Parisbre56 »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: July 18, 2019, 11:41:02 am »

Continue watching for hostile entities. Use hazard detector if I’m able to hold my gun while doing so
« Last Edit: July 18, 2019, 03:16:34 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

f13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: July 18, 2019, 02:55:46 pm »

"See! I said Omni Maps would work."
Determine the following:
Do we need to use the broken hatch to exit the ship, or not?
Did the gas from the alternate phase space make the jump with us, or not?

EDIT: IF we need to use the broken hatch to exit the ship, wait until we are docked, then try to repair it / get it operational. In theory, this will avoid venting the team into space if I mess up.

((@Parisbre56 I don't know that there is anywhere else to dock. I'd like to get a spacesuit ASAP before I do any exploring.))

« Last Edit: July 19, 2019, 11:59:02 am by f13 »

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #1100 on: July 18, 2019, 04:20:02 pm »

Of anything hostile approaches the ship, shoot it. Get off the shuttle once it’s docked.
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: July 19, 2019, 06:47:07 am »

"We should have been given spacesuits."
Get my gun ready and hope we don't implode.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Hotfire90

« Reply #1102 on: July 19, 2019, 07:19:36 am »

Get out once the shuttle is docked.
Spoiler: Elen (click to show/hide)

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: July 19, 2019, 08:26:06 am »

Toby waits for the ship to dock, then follows everyone out, dragging anyone who lags behind with.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: July 19, 2019, 11:07:04 am »

Keep the turret trained on the docking station.  Don't disembark immediately upon docking, we might want to use the big guns on the ship to celebrate with a welcoming party.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1105 on: July 21, 2019, 05:54:32 pm »

"See! I said Omni Maps would work."
Determine the following:
Do we need to use the broken hatch to exit the ship, or not?
Did the gas from the alternate phase space make the jump with us, or not?

EDIT: IF we need to use the broken hatch to exit the ship, wait until we are docked, then try to repair it / get it operational. In theory, this will avoid venting the team into space if I mess up.

((@Parisbre56 I don't know that there is anywhere else to dock. I'd like to get a spacesuit ASAP before I do any exploring.))

Fred determines the following:

1. Yes, the hatch is the only way in or out not counting things like kicking out the cockpit window.
2. The gas did indeed come with them and is still sloshing about thickly.

Continue watching for hostile entities. Use hazard detector if I’m able to hold my gun while doing so
The hazard detector is reading elevated levels of methane and some other unknown gases but thats probably because of the pool of alien gas currently occupying the lower half of the ship.

Keep moving towards where we're supposed to dock and dock there. Don't transmit anything like identification or docking requests until I absolutely have to. If they haven't noticed us, I don't want to give them time to prepare for us.

Unless the team wants to inspect it from the outside or dock somewhere else, in which case do that.

Oh, by the way, how do people who go to missions like this get back to the MOOK base? Are we going to have to find a similar machine and activate it? Or does the shuttle activate some sort of beacon to call for a pickup?

Pathos considers the method of return...As he sees it the only way back is through another phase interface. There SHOULD be one in the base; its the standard method of transport across large distances. But if its destroyed or non-existent, things are going to get awkward.
[11]
Pathos guides the ship in on a long pass, searching the surface for any other sort of landing zone or sign of danger. There is nothing but expanses of gray stone.  In the end he simply flies over to the little docking station and moves in to dock there.  The big blast doors of the docking station are sitting completely open, exposing the entire bay within to vacuum. Its not not a normal situation; those doors should be kept closed and locked at all times except during docking.  There's no sign of damage or attack, the dock is simply open and empty.

He brings the ship in cautiously and lands it away from the other shuttles and any of the cargo sitting around; just to prevent anything from having the chance to leap out and tear the ship in half. Again, nothing happens.  All is utterly quiet.

Everyone else: Nothing is happening so you guys don't have much to do. Right now the issue is the fact that there's a hard vacuum outside and no way out of the ship but through that back hatch.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1106 on: July 21, 2019, 06:00:50 pm »

Try to remotely get the doors to close and the section to pressurize. If I can't do it from in here, then seeing as I'm the only one who can survive in vacuum, I should search for a way to exit the ship with as little loss of air as possible (wait for repairs if it would help) so I can go outside and find some panel that closes the doors and pressurizes the room.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: July 21, 2019, 06:21:08 pm »

Shoot the broken panel with my foam gun to suppress sparks, then shoot all’s around the dummy
« Last Edit: July 23, 2019, 12:49:45 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: July 22, 2019, 01:52:08 am »

((NatureGirl, the gas is currently in the Cabin with the rest of the entire crew. If you cut holes you’ll be exposing US to the vacuum of space.))

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: July 22, 2019, 01:59:32 am »

“I don’t know if this needs to be said or not, but this cabin currently contains an unknown cocktail of chemicals and a not insignificant amount of oxygen. Let’s try to restrict fire and other explosive variables, ya.”
If Tara doesn’t stop trying to cut holes in the ship, prevent her from doing so. If anybody tries to open the doors, thus exposing us to the vacuum of space, prevent them from doing such as well. If anybody tries to light a match, shoot a gun, use a plasma cutter, or anything similar, you know the drill.

Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 334