Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 451104 times)

Hotfire90

Re: MOOK: Echoes
« Reply #1170 on: August 08, 2019, 08:45:56 pm »

Rejoin the group in the hallway.
Spoiler: Elen (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1171 on: August 09, 2019, 09:37:15 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Try to open the man’s right hand and take what he is holding
“I’m gonna see what the man in a medical gown is holding”
[1]
Tara attempts to pry the corpse's hand open but does nothing more than get her own gloved fingers stuck in the body's strangely powerful grip.

Check for any transmissions. Try to raise someone through shuttle comms.

If nobody answers, just start playing music

[3]
Pathos checks for transmissions and tries to hail anyone. He does manage to find a few signals and even gets two stations to reply back. One is an automated navigation beacon that only responds with information regarding their distance from each other and other useful information for slightly lost astronauts. The second is apparently another OMNITECH asteroid base and a rather terse comms officer who tells him that he cannot speak to anyone without proper authorization.

Grab as many omnicards as I can, then point my rifle at the weird corpse’s head and wait for someone to interact with him.
[2]
Pike scrambles and gets a lot of OMNI cards but they are sadly only worth 20 Omni, a fact he will only find out later.

Apparently content with his large wad of nearly worthless plastic cards, he points his rifle at the ragged corpse and waits for the jump scare.

I grab one of the pipe wrenches, the old gunpowder powered handgun, and 50 OMNI, then examine the handgun.
Harold grabs some (40) Omni, a wrench (d4 damage), and the old revolver (d4 ranged). The revolver is clearly an antique, likely an heirloom, and though it has clearly seen action in the past the highly polished wooden grip and blueish steel  body- still coated in a thin sheen of oil to prevent rust- betray it as a collector's piece rather than a practical side arm. It is none the less loaded, though 2 of the 6 cartridges have been fired.

Close the container with the shard (remembering the code, so I can open it later), take the repair kit stuff in hopes of finding more later, and attempt to determine what the bottle of black pills found on one of the dockyard workers is.

For those interested in speculating on what is happening... Here's what I've picked up:
Spoiler: speculation (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Fred Williams (click to show/hide)

Fred closes the container and packs it away in his bag, along with the random junk that he hopes might be useful later. He then grabs the small bottle of black pills and examines them. [5] He recognizes them as OMNITECH "Permanent Anti-Anxiety capsules"; pills that advertise themselves as solving all your problems and worries in a highly permanent fashion. The appear to be the fast acting kind, explaining the general distribution of the bodies.

grab the rest of the cash, and examine the thing in the man's hand. Finally, go look at that shard Fred and pathos are staring at.

Toby gets 80 Omni worth of cards and then goes over to free Tara and examine what the corpse is holding. [4]
He plants one foot on the corpse's forearm and then uses both hands to yank the fingers open. The fingers snap off like dry twigs and the contents of the hand go flying. [2v4] With a shimmer the object seems to bounce against the wall and, against the laws of physics, go zipping with higher speed straight into Toby's thigh, piercing the black suit. The blue-black shard of stone sinks into the flesh and Toby suddenly sees something.
[3]
There are people standing over the corpses, their feet sunk deep into the flesh, their bodies half rotten or badly damaged. They look at him with skeletal smiles devoid of lips or cheek flesh, skulls caved in or rip cages burst out or limbs reduced to stumps.  They stare at him and he stares back, his eyes meeting their occluded or entirely absent gaze.  And they realize he can see them. The begin to scream and run towards him as something, something attracted by the screams, seems to lurch straight out of the solid wall behind them. He gets only a glance at that ichthyoid thing, with its too large eye and expanding maw, before he rips the shard from his thigh and drops it to the ground.

The scene is normal again, except for the screaming. Everyone is looking at him and He suddenly realizes the screaming is coming from him.

Take either the gun or a fair share of the omni we found.

Either way, unseal the other two doors (the mechanical work).

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)
Yagyu gets 60 OMNI from the pile.

He then walks back out and cuts open the remaining two doors; the cargo path into the base and what is likely the phase interface path for returning shuttles.

Rejoin the group in the hallway.
Spoiler: Elen (click to show/hide)
Elen wanders into the hall to see what all the screaming is about.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: August 09, 2019, 10:06:14 am »

To Toby:
“Thank you for helping me, why were you screaming? Can I see the shard?”
try and grab the shard without it getting stuck in me like it did Toby
« Last Edit: August 09, 2019, 05:35:18 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1173 on: August 09, 2019, 01:32:17 pm »

The OMNITECH station might not be authorized to speak to us, but is it authorized to listen to us? Could it relay a message to command for us?

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: August 09, 2019, 05:29:01 pm »

"AHHHHH!  AHHH!  AH!  I saw shit!  They were alive, and they were handling zombies!  There's liver-eating zombies!"

Every corpse that has an intact brain gets a bullet in it.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1175 on: August 10, 2019, 04:11:08 am »

"So we're going to be fighting zombies that only eat livers, what the hell were these people doing in here?"
Search the bodies near where the revolver was and see if any of them have anymore ammo for it.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

f13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: August 10, 2019, 08:58:27 am »

"I'm sure this must be a trying time for you Will. Here, this might help. It's fast acting!"

Jokingly offer Will one of the anti-anxiety tablets. Put all unused ones in my inventory. Never know when someone in a stressful situation will need help. Store the shard in the container with my other shard. See where the elevator goes. (preferably by reading the floor labels)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: August 11, 2019, 11:06:12 am »

When you say cut open, you mean they are fully open and accessible or just that the obstructions were removed but they're still locked electronically?

If former, check out the cargo path. If latter, check out one of the cargo boxes.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: August 11, 2019, 01:04:09 pm »

Go with anyone who’s feeling adventurous. Shoot anything nasty.
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: August 11, 2019, 11:58:39 pm »

"AHHHHHHHH-ahem. Just warning you about possible alien, occult things. Yep. Not scared."
To Toby:
"wait, don't touch that! It's definitely going to give you hallucinations. Apparently, it's also alien flubber."
Take a containment pod, stick the shard in it. Don't let anyone, including me, touch it. Then, figure out what it is. After that, let Tara examine it. Maybe specificity out what I saw in that hallucination.
Spoiler: Toby (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1180 on: August 13, 2019, 10:12:12 am »

"I'm sure this must be a trying time for you Will. Here, this might help. It's fast acting!"

Jokingly offer Will one of the anti-anxiety tablets. Put all unused ones in my inventory. Never know when someone in a stressful situation will need help. Store the shard in the container with my other shard. See where the elevator goes. (preferably by reading the floor labels)

To Toby:

The script here says to do a contest between These two to see who gets that shard, but...it doesn't really give me much info so We'll just say Fred gets it and sticks it in his container.  That container though, is clearly designed with that one encapsulated shard in mind so while it does close, it won't hold much more. Maybe 1 more shard at most.

The OMNITECH station might not be authorized to speak to us, but is it authorized to listen to us? Could it relay a message to command for us?

Pathos asks if the other station can relay a message to his superiors on earth. The operator is silent for a few moments. Then he can hear a large book clunk down onto a desk followed by the rapid shuffling of pages and muttering. [4] Eventually the operator returns and states that he can do so but according to regulations the message must be 250 words or less and -he checks the rules once again- be arranged in a rhyming or poetic scheme of some kind.

Pathos protests that this is silly and the operator replies that "That doesn't rhyme".

"AHHHHH!  AHHH!  AH!  I saw shit!  They were alive, and they were handling zombies!  There's liver-eating zombies!"

Every corpse that has an intact brain gets a bullet in it.

[buncha rolls later]
Wilfred methodically works his way around the dock and adjoining hall, using up one whole magazine and greatly reducing the next (d4 now) in order to put a bullet in every head he can find that isn't currently on his team.

Nothing really happens during this except that things get far more messy around here and he makes his boots very dirty.

"So we're going to be fighting zombies that only eat livers, what the hell were these people doing in here?"
Search the bodies near where the revolver was and see if any of them have anymore ammo for it.
Despite a search of the bodies Harold can find no more ammo for his antiquated pistol.

(again)
Fred walks over to the elevator and checks out the labels on the control panel. First, the control panel's many lighted buttons are all flashing red, which probably indicates an issue. Second, the buttons are labeled thusly, in a nice vertical list:
HANGER
TEMP STORAGE
LIVING QUARTERS
STORAGE

And then there are several blank spaces with buttons next to them. Apparently unfinished or unassigned floors.  It strikes Fred that there are no floors for mining or processing of ore or anything like that. He considers that perhaps those floors have to be reached via some other elevator deeper in.

When you say cut open, you mean they are fully open and accessible or just that the obstructions were removed but they're still locked electronically?

If former, check out the cargo path. If latter, check out one of the cargo boxes.

The physical blocks were removed, but they are still electronically locked.

Yagyu goes to check out a cargo box but is unsure of if he wants an outgoing box or an incoming box.

Go with anyone who’s feeling adventurous. Shoot anything nasty.
Pike follows Fred, who seems to be leading the way in terms of adventure.

"AHHHHHHHH-ahem. Just warning you about possible alien, occult things. Yep. Not scared."
To Toby:
"wait, don't touch that! It's definitely going to give you hallucinations. Apparently, it's also alien flubber."
Take a containment pod, stick the shard in it. Don't let anyone, including me, touch it. Then, figure out what it is. After that, let Tara examine it. Maybe specificity out what I saw in that hallucination.
Spoiler: Toby (click to show/hide)
[4]

Toby considers for a moment what the fragment could be while letting everyone know what he saw.

He doesn't think it was a hallucination. Felt more real than that. He decides that it is probably frozen demon piss.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: August 13, 2019, 12:02:53 pm »

Reload.  Move ahead with Fred, and be ready to shoot any zombies found.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: August 13, 2019, 12:25:24 pm »

Follow Fred. Try to find and grab another shard before Fred finds it
« Last Edit: August 13, 2019, 01:51:47 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: August 13, 2019, 01:48:54 pm »

Keep following Fred.
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: August 14, 2019, 06:35:51 am »

I also get on the follow Fred train.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 334