Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 441860 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: MOOK: Echoes
« Reply #1185 on: August 14, 2019, 06:53:39 am »

Unlock the locked doors. Don't open them though. Especially the ones leading to space those need to stay closed.

Then I'm staying in the shuttle. Shuttle is nice and safe.

Hotfire90

« Reply #1186 on: August 14, 2019, 10:21:58 am »

Follow Fred like all the others.
Spoiler: Elen (click to show/hide)

f13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: August 15, 2019, 06:36:42 am »

Attempt to fix whatever is wrong with the elevator, or at least find out what is wrong with it. Then, if I have time and the elevator is working, take the crowd following me to the temp storage area. Might as well see what we can find before visiting the probably hostile living quarters.

Also... Pathos. If I remember correctly your cognition copier would let you enter the base's computer network without using it up? It would be kind of cool to have someone in the network to unlock doors, do surveillance, watch us all die, etc.

Spoiler: Fred Williams (click to show/hide)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1188 on: August 15, 2019, 06:43:33 am »

((no longer have that cognition copier, unfortunately. It exploded along with my previous body.))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: August 15, 2019, 12:49:52 pm »

Yagyu goes to check out a cargo box but is unsure of if he wants an outgoing box or an incoming box.
Check one of both.

If Pathos can unlock the doors: check what is behind them, but only if they don't lead into space or could be exposed to vacuum or I heard scratching in the walls or whatever. Do not open if unsure.

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: August 16, 2019, 08:57:51 am »

follow fred, but with style!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1191 on: August 18, 2019, 02:36:40 pm »

Unlock the locked doors. Don't open them though. Especially the ones leading to space those need to stay closed.

Then I'm staying in the shuttle. Shuttle is nice and safe.

[8]
Pathos moves between the remaining doors, manually overriding the lockdown commands.

That done, he meanders back the shuttle in a way he hopes looks nonchalant and closes the entry hatch behind him.

Yagyu goes to check out a cargo box but is unsure of if he wants an outgoing box or an incoming box.
Check one of both.

If Pathos can unlock the doors: check what is behind them, but only if they don't lead into space or could be exposed to vacuum or I heard scratching in the walls or whatever. Do not open if unsure.

Yagyu looks into the crates. He finds that the inbound ones are filled with things you'd expect for a mining station. Parts for tunneling machines, supplies like food and water, medical supplies, sample containers, etc.  The out bound crates are much the same: most are filled with processed ore, some "plugs" of metal, and other rocks and resources. The one he checks doesn't have a shard sample in it; those are apparently not in every crate.

He then goes to check on the other doors. There are three. One is human sized so he checks in there first.  This one leads to a control room, where the main controls for the entire docking bay are, along with the radio system for hailing ships and other monitoring systems. These control systems have been smashed and hacked into, apparently with an ax. Yagyu can tell this because the ax is still embedded in the remains of one monitor.

There is one more body in here, but this one isn't a freeze dried vacuum mummy. Its a soft, squishy, corpse thats starting to smell bad. Its sitting against the back wall with no sign of how it died- likely the black pills again. Judging by level of decomposition they only died maybe a day or two ago at most.

The other two doors are shuttle sized, roughly, though only one seems clearly designed to be used by a shuttle. The first is a relatively long hall, still littered with boxes and anti-grav transport carts, that ends in a large freight elevator...or at least the vacant platform for one. The second door leads down a short sloping hall to another door.

Reload.  Move ahead with Fred, and be ready to shoot any zombies found.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
follow fred, but with style!
Follow Fred like all the others.
Spoiler: Elen (click to show/hide)
I also get on the follow Fred train.
Keep following Fred.
Follow Fred. Try to find and grab another shard before Fred finds it
Attempt to fix whatever is wrong with the elevator, or at least find out what is wrong with it. Then, if I have time and the elevator is working, take the crowd following me to the temp storage area. Might as well see what we can find before visiting the probably hostile living quarters.

Also... Pathos. If I remember correctly your cognition copier would let you enter the base's computer network without using it up? It would be kind of cool to have someone in the network to unlock doors, do surveillance, watch us all die, etc.

Spoiler: Fred Williams (click to show/hide)

[3]

Fred, dragging along a half dozen less decisive teammates, starts looking over the elevator to find the problem. The problem is actually rather easy to find but fixing it is another matter. The elevator here is what is classified as a self propelled platform: Essentially a big metal plate with motors on four corners driving gears that fit into a track running up the four corners of the walls. The platform would climb or lower itself using these gears working in unison.

The issue is that one of these madmen apparently thought they could win a fight with an industrial electromotor and gear system. In a way, that unfortunate madman was entirely correct because their corpse has entirely gummed up the gear system of the back right gear, causing the system to automatically shut down. Removing a corpse that has been jammed into the thing both on top and under it is not exactly easy to do by hand. Maybe if he fire or something similar? Organic matter dissolving acid?

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1192 on: August 18, 2019, 03:43:44 pm »

((That sounds like a job for sanitation! ... Too bad we don't have any.))

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: August 18, 2019, 03:57:30 pm »

Try to find a corpse, remove the stomach, and throw the stomach at the corpse in the gears. If the stomach breaks on contact, the acid should dissolve it.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1194 on: August 18, 2019, 04:35:27 pm »

((I like your style Naturegirl1999.))

Check out the path meant to be used by shuttles. Any sign showing where it leads?
Is there some sort of crane that moves the shuttle along the path or do I have to drive through it?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: August 18, 2019, 07:56:16 pm »

(Thanks, improvisation is a treasure)

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: August 18, 2019, 08:22:53 pm »

(somebody may have already done this and I’m just blind, in which case please ignore.)
Do a thorough search of the incoming and outgoing crates. Specifically, see if there’s enough medical supplies to be useful to us, enough stuff to fill a repair kit, and any ores that might be valuable. Take anything that looks like I could sell it for a lot.

If I’ve got time, search the body in the control room.

If I’ve still got enough time after that, check out the door at the bottom of the slope.

I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: August 19, 2019, 01:56:57 am »

Wait for Tara to throw the stomach, then if it fails try to burn the corpse away with my Cutting/welding torch in a way that doesn't damage the gear system.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: August 19, 2019, 04:00:48 pm »

Check what the corpse has on it and take it, then check out that axe (though if anyone with actual melee skill wants it they get preference).

Check if the cargo elevator works, don't get on it.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: August 20, 2019, 05:02:12 am »

Grab that axe from Yagyu.  Otherwise, wait for the elevator to be fixed.  As tempted as I am to try and solve the problem via gun or axe, neither seems like a good fix.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 334