Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 442088 times)

Hotfire90

Re: MOOK: Echoes
« Reply #1200 on: August 21, 2019, 02:07:46 pm »

Search for a lighter and a combustible fluid.
Spoiler: Elen (click to show/hide)

f13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: August 21, 2019, 08:54:45 pm »

Watch the unique attempts to fix the problem. Then, if the elevator is working, take everyone waiting to the temporary storage area.

Spoiler: Fred Williams (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1202 on: August 22, 2019, 11:22:18 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Try to find a corpse, remove the stomach, and throw the stomach at the corpse in the gears. If the stomach breaks on contact, the acid should dissolve it.
[5][3]
Tara searches about for a corpse that she believes to be a likely candidate for having an easily accessed stomach. Once she finds one she gets to work on accessing that stomach. She has no knife or even a sharp object so she has to go about it through sheer brute force, tearing flesh and ripping chunks out until she discovers the goal of her search: A human stomach.  She twists it around several times and the rips it free with a sound that causes everyone around her to feel at least a little nauseous. She carries the sack of human digestive acid over to the stuck gear and squeezes the contents out onto it like a particularly horrid tube of toothpaste. This causes everyone around her to feel EXTREMELY Nauseous.

But, and this is the very odd part, it seems to work.  Not right away, it takes a few minutes, but eventually the corpse bits seem to grow soft and start sluicing and crumbling away.  The bones remain intact however, but the sticky flesh and viscera are gone.

((I like your style Naturegirl1999.))

Check out the path meant to be used by shuttles. Any sign showing where it leads?
Is there some sort of crane that moves the shuttle along the path or do I have to drive through it?

Pathos checks out the shuttle path. [11] He discovers the following via various actions of poking about:
1. There seems to be an automatic system for shuttle guidance in the tunnel.  Just let it take over and it should direct the shuttle down the tunnel with no issue.
2. This tunnel seems to lead to the gateway back home.
3. The door at the other end is electronically locked but not physically locked.

(somebody may have already done this and I’m just blind, in which case please ignore.)
Do a thorough search of the incoming and outgoing crates. Specifically, see if there’s enough medical supplies to be useful to us, enough stuff to fill a repair kit, and any ores that might be valuable. Take anything that looks like I could sell it for a lot.

If I’ve got time, search the body in the control room.

If I’ve still got enough time after that, check out the door at the bottom of the slope.

[8]
Pike thinks that there are enough medical supplies scattered around in the various crates to be combined into an effective med kit.

He also apparently got a copy of the script because he's attempting to search a body no one has told him about and that was just discovered by a single person last turn.

Listen Pike, I understand that the overwhelming desire to grave rob is a thing that apparently this entire security crew suffers from, but lets at least try to keep it restrained by the bounds of cause and effect, shall we?

Wait for Tara to throw the stomach, then if it fails try to burn the corpse away with my Cutting/welding torch in a way that doesn't damage the gear system.
Harold attempts to burn the remaining bones away with his torch. [2] Unfortunately the attempt results only in filling the room with the smell of burning bones. Which is...well its a very odd smell. Sort of chalky?

Check what the corpse has on it and take it, then check out that axe (though if anyone with actual melee skill wants it they get preference).

Check if the cargo elevator works, don't get on it.

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)
Grab that axe from Yagyu.  Otherwise, wait for the elevator to be fixed.  As tempted as I am to try and solve the problem via gun or axe, neither seems like a good fix.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)

The corpse has a computing cube on it, along with red and green electronic keys.  Yagyu pockets all three, making a mental note to check the contents of the cube. He then checks the ax. He tears it free of the monitor in a spray of sparks, glass, and ruined electronics. Its a fire ax (d8).

He then meanders back out and checks out the cargo elevator, ax resting on his shoulder.  The cargo elevator is locked down but a swipe of the green key unlocks whatever was holding it back. It seems undamaged and ready to go. Yagyu stands back and admires his work when he notices a noise. A repeated noise. A repeated noise that is growing closer. It seems to be a voice...saying something.

"MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE!!!"

Wilfred does a flying leap and snatches the ax from Yagyu's hands. He combat rolls as he hits the ground, jumps up, holds the ax out in front of him, and then runs back the way he came, making high pitched noises.

Yagyu is nonplussed.

Search for a lighter and a combustible fluid.
[3]
Though a lighter eludes her, Elen does find a 5 gallon metal container of fuel in one of the cargo containers.  It even has a nice warning label that denotes it as not just flammable, but extremely flammable!

Watch the unique attempts to fix the problem. Then, if the elevator is working, take everyone waiting to the temporary storage area.

Spoiler: Fred Williams (click to show/hide)
Though this elevator remains blocked, Wilfred is nice enough to let Fred know that the other cargo elevator next door is currently working.

He tells Fred this in between stroking his newly acquired ax and giving the remaining bones in the gear system meaningful, borderline lusty, looks.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: August 22, 2019, 12:15:44 pm »

Get in the cargo elevator that works and, if anybody follows me, take it down to the next level.
If anybody would rather go to a different level, let them decide.

I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: August 22, 2019, 01:07:20 pm »

Figure out if I can reach the bones in the gears, if I can, try to take them out without damaging the gears, if I can’t reach the bones, Follow Pike
« Last Edit: August 22, 2019, 03:19:12 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1205 on: August 22, 2019, 02:40:33 pm »

Unlock the door to the way back home, unless someone else has found a relevant keycard and does that for me. If the machine is not working because it needs us to get a key or start a generator or something, then I'd rather learn about it now instead of when the base is about to self-destruct.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: August 22, 2019, 04:29:28 pm »

Sure, check contents of cube, why not. Then let's head down 1 level through the cargo elevator.

"Pilot-man, would having access to a computing cube make you more capable of supporting us while we're in the field? If yes, you can have it for now. Don't say yes just to get a new cube though, if you can do everything you need from here then having it with us down there is more useful."

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: August 22, 2019, 07:31:32 pm »

help pull the bones out of the gears. Don’t die?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: August 23, 2019, 05:48:10 am »

Follow Pike and ride the elevator to wherever it goes, and get my rifle ready for any kind of supernatural shit that might happen.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1209 on: August 24, 2019, 05:39:33 am »

"Pilot-man, would having access to a computing cube make you more capable of supporting us while we're in the field? If yes, you can have it for now. Don't say yes just to get a new cube though, if you can do everything you need from here then having it with us down there is more useful."
The crash test dummy just stares blankly for a few seconds. It then lifts its arms with its palms up in an exaggerated 'I dunno' gesture, exaggerated enough to show even through this body's limited capacity for expression.

Hotfire90

« Reply #1210 on: August 24, 2019, 11:00:02 am »

Take the container with me and follow Pike down the elevator.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1211 on: August 24, 2019, 12:18:28 pm »

Figure out if I can reach the bones in the gears, if I can, try to take them out without damaging the gears, if I can’t reach the bones, Follow Pike
[2]
Tara reaches down and yanks on the exposed bone but can't manage to get it out.

Unlock the door to the way back home, unless someone else has found a relevant keycard and does that for me. If the machine is not working because it needs us to get a key or start a generator or something, then I'd rather learn about it now instead of when the base is about to self-destruct.

[3]
Pathos jabs at the door but finds himself flummoxed. He borrows the Green Key from Yagyu and tries it on the door, which actually works. He checks out whats written on the key and it says "Maintenance". Hmmm.  He returns the key to Yagyu and then opens the door. Beyond it is a phase interface much like the one they used to get here, albeit slightly bigger and of what looks like an older design. Functional but slower to start. He checks the control panel and finds that it is functional as well.  He wonders if he should turn the thing on....

help pull the bones out of the gears. Don’t die?
[3]
Toby grabs the bones and, unlike Tara, manages to rip them free and finally clear the obstruction!

He also doesn't die.

Get in the cargo elevator that works and, if anybody follows me, take it down to the next level.
If anybody would rather go to a different level, let them decide.

Follow Pike and ride the elevator to wherever it goes, and get my rifle ready for any kind of supernatural shit that might happen.
Sure, check contents of cube, why not. Then let's head down 1 level through the cargo elevator.

Take the container with me and follow Pike down the elevator.
As the elevator descends (rather slowly for gravity this low) Yagyu looks over the contents of the computing cube. The cube is basically wiped clean save for a single text file. The text file is hundreds of pages long, far too long for anyone to read the whole thing in a timely manner, so he starts skimming. Its a journal, clearly, all set up in nice numbered entries, though with no dates, just days. Day 1 talks about arriving on the station, Day 56 about machinery problems and a flu outbreak, Day 456 about the completion of a frame for greater harvesting of the "Shard".  The skim reveals that apparently the deeper they dug and the more shard they harvested, the greater the instances of "Involuntary Ethereal state consciousness" among the crew. The writer, apparently a science officer, makes various guesses about what this "IESC" is: namely he thinks its some sort of imposed state of extreme placebo effect, where hallucinatory entities force actual change on perceptive individuals. He writes off the idea that these "Things" really exist as being "superstitious".

Near the end of the journal it begins talking mostly about how the IESC seems to be spreading exponentially after mining reached the "Central Axis" of the shard.  There is some talk of walling off lower sections of the base while increased security is requested, but the journal ends shortly after that. There's no real hint as to why, no "I'm gonna go down in the basement, hope there are no flesh eating spiders!" stinger to hint at the cause. The last sentence is actually a complaint about a lack of running water due to damage in the lower levels.

The elevator reaches the temporary storage with a clang and the doors here have been wedged open. There's a symbol, much like those found up above, written on the door, though its been smudged. Its completely dark beyond the door, not even the emergency lights seem to be functional.  Only a thin line of illumination from the elevator shaft stretches out into the room. From what can be told by this limited view, this room seems to be a single large room with crates and other cargo, probably where the cargo itself was loaded into larger containers or unloaded and sorted before being distributed.

[2,3,4,4,6]

Everyone on the elevator feels something. Yagyu and Tara feel a sensation like spiders crawling across their skin, which is very odd for Yagyu who doesn't have skin. Harold hears someone speaking to him, whispering in his ear, before a pair of phantom hands grasp the back of his throat, as though to strangle him with their fingertips. Elen's scalp itches.  But Pike doesn't just feel something, he sees it. Out in the darkness of the storage room, just barely illuminated, is an enormous human head. Its peeking out at him, staring with wide eyes. 

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: August 24, 2019, 03:23:51 pm »

Look around, is there actually something crawling on my skin? Look around for any small animals that might be around

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: August 24, 2019, 08:14:16 pm »

Try to point out the head to my companions. Then slowly move into the room and secure the perimeter.
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: August 25, 2019, 05:36:35 am »

"My gun's not protecting me from the supernatural shit, oh god!"
Shake off these phantom hands, then move away from the elevator.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 334