Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 442065 times)

Hotfire90

Re: MOOK: Echoes
« Reply #1215 on: August 25, 2019, 01:23:41 pm »

"A little bit of itching hardly qualifies as something supernatural."

Enter the room and check out the cargo.
Spoiler: Elen (click to show/hide)

f13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: August 25, 2019, 03:20:09 pm »

(Assuming I took the elevator down with the rest of the crew.) Light a flare so I have something to see by. Look into the room, see what I can see. If time allows, and the area appears safe, try to fix the lights.

Just to let you know piecewise, I just started my junior year at college, so I suddenly have much less time then I did during the summer. As a result, I may miss a turn now and again because college / having time to sleep during college comes first. I'm not bored or tired of the game, quite the opposite, I like it, but I'm just short on time. I'd let you know if I were done with the game.

Spoiler: Fred Williams (click to show/hide)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: August 26, 2019, 01:13:19 am »

"I'm being choked by phantom hands, I'm pretty sure that counts as supernatural."
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: August 26, 2019, 07:29:53 am »

don't worry, I’m a professional.
Toby raises his arms in victory, and goes down the elevator. Investigate what’s happening to my friends.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1219 on: August 27, 2019, 03:30:13 am »

See if I can find anything interesting in the gate's logs, like when it was last used or how often it was used.

Make sure there are no booby traps, at least of the electronic kind. Don't actually activate the phase gate though, I don't want to leave everyone here to die. Not yet anyway.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: August 27, 2019, 06:50:36 am »

Take an elevator down to the lower levels, or retroactively be with the group that went down there, whatever works.  Once down, start clearing rooms for hostiles, be they liver-eating zombies, or crazed scientists.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1221 on: August 27, 2019, 11:09:43 am »

Look around, is there actually something crawling on my skin? Look around for any small animals that might be around
[6]
Tara looks down at herself. Nope, no spiders here. Just weak human flesh covered in a thin layer of technology.

Try to point out the head to my companions. Then slowly move into the room and secure the perimeter.
[3]
Pike turns towards his teammates and sputters a bit,  pointing towards the head. However, when he turns back the head is gone.

"My gun's not protecting me from the supernatural shit, oh god!"
Shake off these phantom hands, then move away from the elevator.
[2]
Harold attempts to shake off the feeling of the hands on him. This does not work. In fact, he only feels more hands start to grasp on to him. None of them are strangling or otherwise interfering with him yet but...the sensation of dozens of phantom hands clinging to your body like big fleshy spiders is not a pleasant one.

Unless you're into that sort of thing, I guess.

"A little bit of itching hardly qualifies as something supernatural."

Enter the room and check out the cargo.
Elen, the only person not currently freaking out, leads the rest of the group into the room, using Harold's omni-light to search the darkness.  This room is smaller than the one up above, maybe 20 feet in length and width, stacked with cargo in various states of being loaded or unloaded. There are heaped stacks of freeze dried food in one corner, their brightly reflective foil packaging fills the room with bizarre wriggling reflections as the light sweeps over them. Elen sweeps the light away from the packaging and it stops on a small crevice between two large cargo containers. In that crevice there is a man, crouched  down with his back to Elen and the rest.

He is the dirtiest man they've ever seen: he looks like he swam through the combined waste of a slaughter house and sewage treatment plant and then let it dry on him. His hair stands straight up in a rat nest of filth and he is completely naked. He is standing in an unnatural pose, legs and arms twisted, back bent into a U so that his head hangs near the small of his back. His muscles vibrate with clear strain and exhaustion. But the thing they notice above all else is his eyes. Eyes beyond sane, beyond ego death. Eyes black marbles staring out of the encrusting filth.

(Assuming I took the elevator down with the rest of the crew.) Light a flare so I have something to see by. Look into the room, see what I can see. If time allows, and the area appears safe, try to fix the lights.

Just to let you know piecewise, I just started my junior year at college, so I suddenly have much less time then I did during the summer. As a result, I may miss a turn now and again because college / having time to sleep during college comes first. I'm not bored or tired of the game, quite the opposite, I like it, but I'm just short on time. I'd let you know if I were done with the game.

don't worry, I’m a professional.
Toby raises his arms in victory, and goes down the elevator. Investigate what’s happening to my friends.
Take an elevator down to the lower levels, or retroactively be with the group that went down there, whatever works.  Once down, start clearing rooms for hostiles, be they liver-eating zombies, or crazed scientists.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Because the cargo elevator is already away, Fred, Toby, and Wilfred decide to instead take the newly cleared personal elevator. They're pretty sure that they heard the rest of the team talking about going down one level so they do the same, taking the elevator down to the "Temp Storage" level.  The doors open somewhere along the right side of the room with reference to the cargo elevator and the rest of the team is immediately visible slowly walking around, shining their omni-light in sweeping patterns.
[4,4,1]
Toby and Fred, seeing the rest of their..."Friends" start heading for them but they are suddenly jerked back into the elevator by Wilfred. He places his face near their ears and hoarsely whispers an excited word salad about how those aren't actually the rest of the team. Those are just puppeted corpses. He can see the strings and the ghostly fingers that control them. They have to kill those things...or they'll be among them soon. Dancing corpses, living out some horrible parody of life to an unknown and unknowable intelligence!

See if I can find anything interesting in the gate's logs, like when it was last used or how often it was used.

Make sure there are no booby traps, at least of the electronic kind. Don't actually activate the phase gate though, I don't want to leave everyone here to die. Not yet anyway.

Meanwhile, back on the ranch.

Pathos pokes through the gate's internal logs. [4] The gate seems to have been used pretty commonly and on a set schedule. About twice a week something would come through or leave.  Only recently did this schedule suddenly get interrupted and become erratic before cutting off all together.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1222 on: August 27, 2019, 12:07:39 pm »

Hmm. That's weird. The erratic schedule points towards either a great many findings that needed to be moved to a laboratory or an evacuation. But either event would had been reported to OMNI... So they were either working for someone else on the side or the gate isn't working.

Is there any indication in the logs of where the gate was targeted? Or do gates not work like that?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: August 27, 2019, 12:19:28 pm »

Try to straighten the man’s back
« Last Edit: August 27, 2019, 03:48:23 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: August 27, 2019, 12:25:46 pm »

If the man, or anything else for that matter, tries to engage in the wholesome hobby of savaging my teammates, respond with force.

If nothing noteworthy happens on the violence front. Take stock of the room and its contents, so as to operate with a more thorough understanding of the factors at play. Embrace my inner Munchkin and get the loot!

Edit- Restrain the guy for Elen if nobody else takes up the call.

« Last Edit: August 28, 2019, 02:13:42 am by The Lupanian »
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1225 on: August 27, 2019, 01:28:37 pm »

try to go down the elevator to where the team is
You're already there. With Elen.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: August 27, 2019, 02:02:12 pm »

Deleted, answer is obvious
« Last Edit: August 27, 2019, 07:34:28 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

Hotfire90

« Reply #1227 on: August 27, 2019, 02:07:11 pm »

"Seems like he's suffering from shock, someone restrain him so that I can safely check him for injuries."

Wait for the man to be restrained before checking him for any injuries and other abnormalities.

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: August 27, 2019, 07:06:12 pm »

”Wil, that makes no sense. Obviously, they just didn’t get enough food!”
check, are those really our team? If so, go talk to them, investigate supernatural stuff. If not, scream.

f13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: August 27, 2019, 08:24:20 pm »

Restrain Wilfred until he appears sane. No team killing without proof of necessity. If Wilfred no longer needs restrained, attempt to get the emergency lights on so we can see better. Watch out for loose shards.

Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 334