Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 442128 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Echoes
« Reply #1275 on: September 18, 2019, 07:57:57 am »

Then take the lemmings along to the next level.

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)
Is ‘next level’ Upper Miningz. There are many rooms that could be interpreted as ‘next level’ the room just above, the room just below, the next destinstion

Wherever you want to go, my dear.
Upper Mining

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: MOOK: Echoes
« Reply #1276 on: September 18, 2019, 11:54:04 am »

Are there any conveniently located signs or maps or whatever pointing towards a nice centralized control station or computer room for this station or this section of the station? I mean, besides the one that was smashed by an axe. If yes, go there.

If not, then try to see if I can connect one of the other shuttles with ours, so I can control it remotely. After all, a shuttle is essentially a really big missile and at some point we might want to shoot a missile at something that's really big.

Pathos finds a definitive lack of nice easy signs pointing towards computer stations that he can squat in for the rest of the mission. However, he is willing to bet that if such a thing exists it is probably deeper in. A security station is the most likely spot.

[11]

Connecting to another shuttle proves fairly easy; routing its controls and displays back to the other shuttle is easy as well. There is no twist here, no hard part. It was all just pretty easy.

"What the hell are you doing!"
Make sure Elen's gun is far away from her, then try to snap her out of whatever crazyness she's stuck in.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Don't struggle, instead lie still and listen. My teammates should be rescuing me any moment now.
Spoiler: Elen (click to show/hide)
[3]
Elen remains still, not struggling as Harold gets her weapon away from her and kicks it a good distance away. She waits for the scenery to change, for everything to make sense again, telling herself that this is all just some weird delusion.  Corpse hands clutch at her face and ragged nails cut into her cheeks. She closes her eyes and holds in the screaming.  Any minute now....

Tie/chain up that guy somewhere in view of the pilot in the shuttle, make sure he is secured to the wall or floor so he can't run off.

Then take the lemmings along to the next level.

Yagyu takes the personnel elevator back up to the dock and places the chained up man somewhere in easy view of Pathos, making sure he's securely affixed to a shipping container and unable to wander off. That done, Yagyu heads back down and regroups with everyone else.

"That was a nice nap"
Wake up from the nap I was apparently taking. If Wilfred appears sane, give him back his weapons and allow him to go free. Join anyone going to a lower level. This would appear to be Tarra. Attempt to point out that the cargo elevator is the only one that goes to upper mining, and convince Tara that she needs to take it. Then convince Yagu to release the elevator so that we can use it. ((I somewhat hesitate to say this, but I'm okay with people towing me along with the group if I don't post. I didn't bold this because I would assume it to be less of a piecewise thing and more of a rest of you thing. I would prefer if I didn't become the, "gets shoved through the door first," guy though.))

Spoiler: Fred Williams (click to show/hide)
Wil quietly whimpers, sitting down and hugging his knees while looking longingly at his weapons, currently in Fred's arms.

"We need to get out of here.  This place is dead, scouting mission complete, nuke it into dust..."

Sit and whimper, follow Fred if he moves.  If he goes catatonic, gently push him in the direction of the nearest functioning elevator.  Maybe take the weapons back too, if that's possible without violence.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Fred returns Wilfred's weapons and both of the follow Tara and Yagyu down to the lower levels. Fred keeps a careful eye on Wilfred, who is still acting a bit twitchy.

(Oh, I forgot there were two elevators)
“I’m heading to the Upper mines to figure out what this man is heading towards”
Head to the Cargo elevator, and go to the upper mining
Keep up with Tara
Follow Tara

Tara, along with most of there rest of the group, boards the cargo elevator. They select the "Upper Mining" section as their destination and wait as the doors close and the elevator begins to descend. The doors are chainlink, not solid, and everything that passes can be easily seen. As the elevator descends past the living quarters the smell of smoke and ozone wafts in, though the actual room where the elevator lets out is apparently sealed from the outside, nothing but a small anteroom leading to a pair of doors with a flashing emergency light above them.  The elevator continues down, until it finally stops on the upper mining level. 

The gravity here is far weaker, almost nonexistent, like walking around in a pool. Its easy to lose traction, to float upwards and hang there for several seconds; it makes walking and moving in general difficult. The cargo elevator lets off on a platform, a big metal surface that has been affixed to bare stone.  The entire area here is bare stone with scattered metal walkways, hallways, and platforms. Is not a natural cave, but an excavated one, this infrastructure of ore transport clearly assembled as they went along. The platform here connects to a smaller cargo elevator, which rises up from further below. Several platforms and elevators are daisy chained like this until they reach what appears to be the actual mining surface far below. Between here and there  appears to be the machinery that is used to process the stone; automated smelters and furnaces, great crucibles on metal tracks.  The low gravity means less need for supports so long tracks and catwalks stretch out across the empty space without supports, giving the entire area a sort of metal spiderweb appearance. 

And at the center of the mining area, way down below, is that shard. You saw it from the outside, the blackened ends, but here it is a brilliant thing, pulsing with light flowing like slow motion waves, entwined in the silver bands of mining structures. 
[3][2][4][2][1][2]

Jon the Janitor taps Yagyu on the shoulder. Yagyu turns to look  and Jon smiles,  his body an incandescent mass of barely contained plasma, coronal loops slowly crawling across its surface.

It hits them like a shotgun blast, zero to infinity with no warning. The world is consumed in a vortex of prismatic flame and they are falling through it, through it towards the shard in the center, through screaming synesthesia, their bodies crumbling like sugar statues beneath the blast of a fire hose. Something rises from the shard, pressing out against stone like soft membrane, something that cannot be comprehended, a living shape beyond understanding.  It reaches out towards them and the barely glimpsed horrors all come true. They see the dead, the unknown things, the monsters beyond time, the eaters of ghosts, the unimaginable scale and time of war in the heavens. Everything- EVERY THING- that has died here or anywhere in this entire solar system reaches towards them. The see the weapons of the time before, the battle that tore planets asunder, the fragment of a weapon which sought to turn causality into a poison. The universe burns. Still the thing in the crystal, the thing beyond, reaches towards them.  Their flesh shatters, their minds are tissue paper in rocket exhaust.

Yagyu, maybe due to his inorganic existence, somehow manages to prevent ego death and instead collapses  to the ground, his vision a melted muddle of the mundane world and the infinite causality hell that he was submerged in for a fraction of a second. Wilfred does not see any of this, though he feels the influence of the shard like fingernails dragged across his scalp.  Fred, Tara, and Toby simply stand there, shivering slightly, their breath coming in erratic gasps. They see now what the dirty man saw for weeks, are filled with it as he is. They too look far beyond.

Pike's body ignites and goes up like a match.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: A Mistake
« Reply #1277 on: September 18, 2019, 12:08:16 pm »

Tara tries to pull herself back together
« Last Edit: September 19, 2019, 10:48:29 am by Naturegirl1999 »

Hotfire90

« Reply #1278 on: September 18, 2019, 12:55:03 pm »

Elen quickly felt a lot of anger once she realized that her teammates have abandoned her, it didn't help that some invisible force had restrained her and also threw her gun away.

"Fine, if none of you want to rescue me from being eaten by this dumb alien spider, then I will! Abandoning your medic in need is possibly the dumbest thing you can do! And to whatever force is holding me down, I will kick your ass after I've escaped this stomach and killed this damn alien spider!"

Shake the force that's holding me down off of me, retrieve my gun if possible and then tear my way out of this stomach.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: September 18, 2019, 04:54:45 pm »

Am I dead with a capitol D? If not, extinguish myself with some sort of safety device, while begging my teammates to do the same.

Alright, Imma go and drop the new sheet in here
Spoiler: Woldo (click to show/hide)
Finaly manage to get my seatbelt unstuck and join the rest of the team.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2019, 11:44:17 am by The Lupanian »
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

f13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: September 18, 2019, 06:49:55 pm »

((Well... I don't think there's much to do with that... About all I can figure is to have Yaggu and Wilfred loot the mining explosives off whichever one of us has them (pathos and harold) and go lob them at that thing. I don't think there is much else to do.... There's no real countermeasures to a weapon like that.))
I too would like to know whether I am actually alive. I don't have a cognition copier, hence I would assume that while physically alive, I am unable to regain the ability to act, and thus functionally dead. If I do have the ability to regain functional consciousness, attempt to do so.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: September 19, 2019, 06:18:30 am »

"Snap out of it damn it!"
Pour some water on Elen's head to try to get her to snap out her space madness, and make sure she can't get a hold of her gun.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: September 19, 2019, 06:59:11 am »

Toby sits down, and monologues.
”I have seen it; the immensity of the universe. A shard of a single race of a minuscule part could tell me things no man may ever understand, I cannot find reason to continue. For all that I may have done, it is naught, and the monsters beyond my comprehension have destroyed me, even as they lie dead. But seeing the mortality of the universe, I realize that I must continue; not because it matters, but because I want it. For that is the only thing that I have, that cannot be taken from me. My will.
pull myself back together, or at least try to.
Spoiler: toby (click to show/hide)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: September 20, 2019, 11:51:55 am »

Yeah.  Shoot the shard.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: September 20, 2019, 03:59:08 pm »

Drag incapacitated fools back into elevator and head back up.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: September 20, 2019, 05:02:04 pm »

Jon, Shimmering in the flames and smoke from Pike's remains, spreads his arms and grins.

"Lookit me, I'm a feenix!"

He spins in place and caws.

"Oh, this place is absolutely littered with corpses and junk. I'll get all the overtime today. Oh. Hi, Yagyu. Is that really you? I thought you'd died already."

Spoiler: Jon??? (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 20, 2019, 05:14:20 pm by Ozarck »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1286 on: September 21, 2019, 05:49:36 am »

Position the nice chained man on a shuttle seat. It would be wasteful to leave him here to die. Oh, but if he's filthy then take him to the bathroom and wash him first. I don't want him getting my shuttle dirty.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1287 on: September 22, 2019, 01:32:30 pm »

Position the nice chained man on a shuttle seat. It would be wasteful to leave him here to die. Oh, but if he's filthy then take him to the bathroom and wash him first. I don't want him getting my shuttle dirty.

To say the dirty man is dirty is like saying black holes are "A bit heavy", so Pathos spends a not insignificant amount of time trying to scrub the man clean as best he can with nothing but a sink, paper towels, and foaming hand soap.
[6]

It takes a lot of work but he finally gets it done. He even styles the man's overgrown hair and beard and somehow finds clothing for him to wear. Thus attired, he is strapped to a chair in the shuttle.

Elen quickly felt a lot of anger once she realized that her teammates have abandoned her, it didn't help that some invisible force had restrained her and also threw her gun away.

"Fine, if none of you want to rescue me from being eaten by this dumb alien spider, then I will! Abandoning your medic in need is possibly the dumbest thing you can do! And to whatever force is holding me down, I will kick your ass after I've escaped this stomach and killed this damn alien spider!"

Shake the force that's holding me down off of me, retrieve my gun if possible and then tear my way out of this stomach.
[2][2]
The corpses begin to gnaw on Elen's head. She feels their shattered teeth grinding on her skull.
"Snap out of it damn it!"
Pour some water on Elen's head to try to get her to snap out her space madness, and make sure she can't get a hold of her gun.
[2+1]
Harold pours water on Elen, shouts her name, shakes her, and finally slaps her straight across the face.  Elen, bleeding from her scalp and from what look like scratches on her face,  screams and then...her eyes lock onto Harold. She looks around frantically for a few moments and then breathes out a long and ragged sigh.

"Can we leave now?" She says, weakly.

Drag incapacitated fools back into elevator and head back up.

Tara tries to pull herself back together
((Well... I don't think there's much to do with that... About all I can figure is to have Yaggu and Wilfred loot the mining explosives off whichever one of us has them (pathos and harold) and go lob them at that thing. I don't think there is much else to do.... There's no real countermeasures to a weapon like that.))
I too would like to know whether I am actually alive. I don't have a cognition copier, hence I would assume that while physically alive, I am unable to regain the ability to act, and thus functionally dead. If I do have the ability to regain functional consciousness, attempt to do so.

Toby sits down, and monologues.
”I have seen it; the immensity of the universe. A shard of a single race of a minuscule part could tell me things no man may ever understand, I cannot find reason to continue. For all that I may have done, it is naught, and the monsters beyond my comprehension have destroyed me, even as they lie dead. But seeing the mortality of the universe, I realize that I must continue; not because it matters, but because I want it. For that is the only thing that I have, that cannot be taken from me. My will.
pull myself back together, or at least try to.
Spoiler: toby (click to show/hide)
Yagyu does his level best to ignore absolutely everything, from the talking fire ghost to the remembrance of what he just saw.  He wraps his arms around all three of his effected teammates and attempts to drag them back into the elevator.
[6][4][3]

Toby, apparently somewhat regaining himself, stumbles half blindly into the elevator. Tara and Fred however, tear themselves free of Yagyu's  grip and sprint off, running deeper into the mine. They're screaming something but Yagyu cannot make out what. It doesn't sound like language. More like excited hooting. H considers going after them and then something that looks like a barracuda's face drifts semi-visibly  into the corner of his vision and he immediately slaps the button for the first floor. Yagyu and Toby begin to slowly ascend, leaving two madman and one sane person, all three apparently on a mission, to their own devices.

Yeah.  Shoot the shard.

[10][3]
Wilfred stands on the platform and fires. And screams. He fires and fires and screams and screams. Not fearful screams, angry, defiant screams. Whether or not the shots actually hit or do any actual damage to the shard, he cannot tell. Its so huge and at such a distance that he might as well be throwing peas at a skyscraper. But It doesn't really matter.

Wilfred hates that thing.

Hotfire90

« Reply #1288 on: September 22, 2019, 04:57:37 pm »

"Uh, thank you for saving me? I don't want to complain, but you made it easier for the corpses to eat me when you were holding me down, and threw my gun away. Still, while this place is terrible, I much prefer it to being eaten by an alien spider and then being eaten by corpses.

So, can we please burn this place to the ground and call it a day?"

Treat my wounds, then collect some more water, it seems to be help with waking people up from their hallucinations.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: September 22, 2019, 05:06:14 pm »

where am I headed? Deeper into the mine
What's my objective? Think about why I'm heading to where I'm heading
« Last Edit: September 25, 2019, 03:34:17 pm by Naturegirl1999 »
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 334