Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 441894 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: A Mistake
« Reply #1290 on: September 22, 2019, 05:37:43 pm »

Drift over to Wilfred and Stage Whisper:

"Shoot it again, fella. And shout a little louder. I don't think it heard you the first time."

Spoiler: Jon??? (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1291 on: September 22, 2019, 06:20:31 pm »

Oh and the new guy walks out of the shuttle, past Pathos and his semi-shaved ape.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: September 23, 2019, 02:57:51 am »

"What corpses, you were never being eaten by corpses".
Go get Elen's gun and give it back.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Hotfire90

« Reply #1293 on: September 23, 2019, 06:41:18 am »

"Yes I was. While they weren't real, they were real enough, and their attempt to eat me is what caused my wounds. Ok just to be sure, you didn't try to eat me, did you?"

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1294 on: September 23, 2019, 12:03:11 pm »

Hmm... Start calling the man random names. See if he responds to any of them. If he shows no response, choose a name for him at random.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #1295 on: September 23, 2019, 10:00:30 pm »

Head down and locate more teammates. Take the elevator one floor at a time until I find people.
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: September 24, 2019, 08:02:05 am »

"Yes I was. While they weren't real, they were real enough, and their attempt to eat me is what caused my wounds. Ok just to be sure, you didn't try to eat me, did you?"
"I didn't try to eat you, nobody tried to eat you, I think its about time we got the hell out of this place before we start killing each other."
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: September 24, 2019, 08:14:55 am »

Babble a little at Yagyu, do I know why the others went on their mission?

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: September 25, 2019, 03:29:52 pm »

I'm a bit unclear on the layout of the mining level. Would it theoretically be possible to lob a cart of explosives in the direction of the shard, given the low gravity there, without undue exposure to the shard?

Speaking off, did the mindfuck only set in once we looked at the shard, or already when we were in the same room?

Finally, start going through all the cargo boxes, looking for explosives or stuff to make explosives.

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: September 25, 2019, 03:34:52 pm »

where am I headed? Deeper into the mine
What's my objective? Think about why I'm heading to where I'm heading

Added to my action

f13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1300 on: September 25, 2019, 08:23:21 pm »

Consider the nature of causality, and whether solving this situation like an LTICs (Linear Time Invariant Causal system) is possible. Maybe a Laplace transform will do it. Realize that all causality means is that the weapon doesn't travel through time or violate the constraints of space time... Check. Like it needed to do that to be an issue. Realize that I am back in possession of my senses, and observe what the shard looks like from my current location.

((FYI, I am actually an undergraduate engineer IRL, hence the discussion of linear systems, which is a real class, using real differential equations (math), to solve real problems, in a way about as tangible as the monster attacking Elen.))

Spoiler: Fred Williams (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1301 on: September 26, 2019, 11:51:16 am »

"Uh, thank you for saving me? I don't want to complain, but you made it easier for the corpses to eat me when you were holding me down, and threw my gun away. Still, while this place is terrible, I much prefer it to being eaten by an alien spider and then being eaten by corpses.

So, can we please burn this place to the ground and call it a day?"

Treat my wounds, then collect some more water, it seems to be help with waking people up from their hallucinations.
Spoiler: Elen (click to show/hide)
[5]
Elen bandages up her wounds as best she can: the cuts on her face are easy but the bites on her scalp basically require her to wrap her entire head in bandages, giving her a pretty comical appearance. Once she's done she goes and searches through the supply crates until she finds a container of water. 4 Gallons should probably be enough.

Drift over to Wilfred and Stage Whisper:

"Shoot it again, fella. And shout a little louder. I don't think it heard you the first time."

Spoiler: Jon??? (click to show/hide)

Wilfred seems to ignore the ghost...or maybe he's so lost in his rage he doesn't notice the flaming spirit?

"What corpses, you were never being eaten by corpses".
Go get Elen's gun and give it back.
Harold returns Elen's weapon to her as she digs through the crates.

Hmm... Start calling the man random names. See if he responds to any of them. If he shows no response, choose a name for him at random.

Pathos calls the dirty man various names, from the the normal like "Bob" and "Fred" to the rather outlandish, "Bichael" and "Henjamin". He doesn't respond to any of these. He doesn't respond to anything actually.

Pathos considers for a moment and decides to name him Hamilton.

Head down and locate more teammates. Take the elevator one floor at a time until I find people.

Woldo takes the elevator down to the temporary storage section.
[2]
He walks out, waves to the people, and then promptly starts screaming as entrails spill out of the ceiling and begin to fill the room.

Babble a little at Yagyu, do I know why the others went on their mission?
[4]
Toby considers the actions of his mentally compromised teammates and then yanks on Yagyu's arm.

"I think they're gonna try  and destroy that shard! Or...or at least blow it up! But if they blow it up...they might scatter it like shrapnel through the entire asteroid belt...Uh oh."

I'm a bit unclear on the layout of the mining level. Would it theoretically be possible to lob a cart of explosives in the direction of the shard, given the low gravity there, without undue exposure to the shard?

Speaking off, did the mindfuck only set in once we looked at the shard, or already when we were in the same room?

Finally, start going through all the cargo boxes, looking for explosives or stuff to make explosives.

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)

Lemme shit up a map real fast.

Hope that helps.

It would be possible to lob explosives at it...but anywhere on that level is gonna cause exposure. Hell, you guys are getting exposed even in the docking bay.

Hard to say. Everyone looked at the shard, since its a giant glowing thing in the center of the room. Maybe you could go down with your eyes closed and see if it still hurts.

Yagyu searches through the boxes up on the temp storage level and finds a few mining explosives (3) but probably not enough to seriously damage that shard. Maybe there are more elsewhere?

where am I headed? Deeper into the mine
What's my objective? Think about why I'm heading to where I'm heading

Consider the nature of causality, and whether solving this situation like an LTICs (Linear Time Invariant Causal system) is possible. Maybe a Laplace transform will do it. Realize that all causality means is that the weapon doesn't travel through time or violate the constraints of space time... Check. Like it needed to do that to be an issue. Realize that I am back in possession of my senses, and observe what the shard looks like from my current location.

((FYI, I am actually an undergraduate engineer IRL, hence the discussion of linear systems, which is a real class, using real differential equations (math), to solve real problems, in a way about as tangible as the monster attacking Elen.))

Spoiler: Fred Williams (click to show/hide)
According to the script here you guys are kind of beyond your own help.  However, not beyond the help of others. If someone were to come and get you out then you could probably recover. But as per right now you're far too consumed with the desire to shatter the shard to break yourself free.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: September 26, 2019, 12:22:37 pm »

continue to head towards the shard

Hotfire90

« Reply #1303 on: September 26, 2019, 12:23:46 pm »

"Oh dear. Whatever you're seeing isn't real, but it's also real in a sense. Try to avoid getting hurt, or dying, I can fix injuries, but I can't fix death."

Save Woldo by throwing water at his face.
Spoiler: Elen (click to show/hide)

f13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: September 26, 2019, 12:41:26 pm »

Roger that. I'll post more turns when I'm back in control of my character.

Until then, this is Fred Williams signing off.
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 334