Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 441925 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: MOOK: A Mistake
« Reply #1305 on: September 26, 2019, 01:18:29 pm »

((Heh. That was a nice video.))

Lament to my good friend Hamilton about the lack of snacks with which to feed him. I'd send someone to get him some, but the rest of the team has been gone for a while. They're probably dead by now. Perhaps it's time to leave this place and go in search of snacks. See if Hamilton agrees.

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: September 26, 2019, 04:33:57 pm »

”we gotta go save the asteroid belt! And the people in it, too!”
grab Tara and Fred, restrain them. Don’t look at the shard?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: September 26, 2019, 07:23:01 pm »

Spectrally shrug, then casually start eating ghosts. Fish, monsters, entrails. as long as it's not a threat or a cat or sapient, go ahead and eat. Snacks area snacks after all. MEanwhile, wander over and poke at the loonies. See if I can guide them int oa storage closet or something nearby. Not out of harms way, but not like off the platform's edge either.

"Hey you guys. What's the good word? Is is 'abblgegabababgabababa'?"

Spoiler: Jon??? (click to show/hide)

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: September 26, 2019, 08:44:22 pm »

Try to get ahold of myself. Try not to go insane. Get my baton out, since I don’t want collateral damage, but I also don’t know how to deal with any situation I can’t shoot/stab/wack my way out of.
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: September 27, 2019, 07:16:10 pm »

You know what?  My usual problem-solving method isn't working here, and the backup method of running away is boring, so screw that.  Go climb down to the shard, and then... I don't know, hack at it with the axe?  Urinate on it?  Punch it in the face to establish superiority?

What I'm trying to say here, is "stick my dick in it."

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1310 on: September 27, 2019, 07:18:21 pm »

Face? What face? Shards don’t have faces, unless you’re talking about the faces of the dead

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: September 28, 2019, 01:14:54 am »

"Great someone else has the space madness."
Run and tackle Woldo to make the poring water on his head easier.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: September 28, 2019, 09:11:09 am »

Consider what our employers would prefer to happen to this shard: would they like to see it blown up or otherwise made non-dangerous, or would they prefer it be kept as-is and for us to just return and report what we've seen so they can send in actually competent people to deal with it?

Look through that journal, try to get a more accurate image of how the mindfuckery of the shard works: just distance based? Any known shielding materials or chemicals that interfere with the effect?

Search for some rope.

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1313 on: September 30, 2019, 02:27:22 pm »

Consider what our employers would prefer to happen to this shard: would they like to see it blown up or otherwise made non-dangerous, or would they prefer it be kept as-is and for us to just return and report what we've seen so they can send in actually competent people to deal with it?

Look through that journal, try to get a more accurate image of how the mindfuckery of the shard works: just distance based? Any known shielding materials or chemicals that interfere with the effect?

Search for some rope.

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)
Yagyu attempts to guess what the ineffable will of OMNI is in this situation. [5] He believes that they would probably want the site kept as pristine as possible instead of "Neutralizing" the situation. After all, the shard is no danger as long as people don't get near it, so its probably best to simply quarantine the area, rescue any survivors, and give a full report of the situation.

The journal does not specifically state the exact nature or powers of the crystal, but judging by the fact that the madness seems to have spread from the mines upwards, chances are that it is proximity based. As per "Shielding" or chemical interference, the only thing he can find specific mention to is anti-psychotics and powerful tranquilizers, but there is also reference to these chemically restrained patients exhibiting "Anomalous injuries"

Yagyu searches a crate and finds a large spool of synthetic cable, which is a lot like rope.

((Heh. That was a nice video.))

Lament to my good friend Hamilton about the lack of snacks with which to feed him. I'd send someone to get him some, but the rest of the team has been gone for a while. They're probably dead by now. Perhaps it's time to leave this place and go in search of snacks. See if Hamilton agrees.

Hamilton begins idly chewing on the armrest of his chair.  He does seem hungry doesn't he!

"Oh dear. Whatever you're seeing isn't real, but it's also real in a sense. Try to avoid getting hurt, or dying, I can fix injuries, but I can't fix death."

Save Woldo by throwing water at his face.
Spoiler: Elen (click to show/hide)
"Great someone else has the space madness."
Run and tackle Woldo to make the poring water on his head easier.
Try to get ahold of myself. Try not to go insane. Get my baton out, since I don’t want collateral damage, but I also don’t know how to deal with any situation I can’t shoot/stab/wack my way out of.
Woldo is quickly calmed using the age old remedy of tackling and pouring water up his nose. Really the water is just going all over his face but it also goes up his nose which causes him to forget about the entrails as he squirms and coughs like a fish on land.  It does snap him out of it though.

”we gotta go save the asteroid belt! And the people in it, too!”
grab Tara and Fred, restrain them. Don’t look at the shard?
Toby, seeing as Yagyu is distracted and there is no one else to stop him, slinks away and gets back in the elevator. He presses the button for the upper mining area and takes it down, repeating mantras to keep himself sane.  He reaches the bottom a few moments later.
[1]

You know what?  My usual problem-solving method isn't working here, and the backup method of running away is boring, so screw that.  Go climb down to the shard, and then... I don't know, hack at it with the axe?  Urinate on it?  Punch it in the face to establish superiority?

What I'm trying to say here, is "stick my dick in it."

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Wilfred turns to start heading down when Toby, fresh off the elevator and with eyes literally burning with madness, takes a wild swing at him with a null rod.
[6v2][5]
Wilfred parries the blow easily with his ax and clobbers Toby over the head with the flat of the weapon, knocking him out. Wilfred looks at the still smoldering eyes of the man for a moment then shrugs and starts heading down. He makes it down one ladder before slapping himself on the forehead.

"What am I doing? We're in ultralow gravity!"

He backs up on the platform and, gripping his axe in both hands, proceeds to do a running jump straight out into empty space, hurling himself towards the crystal.
[3]
Again he feels the mind rending effect hit him, this time stronger than before. His nose and eyes bleed, but he only bares bloody teeth in response as he drifts towards the thing in a long arc.

"Fuck you, cosmic horror!"

[6v2]

His flight ends with a double handed chop, driving the ax straight into the stone all the way to the haft. The blow numbs both his arms with the vibration, but he keeps hold and scrambles up, using the axe as a platform. The blow has cracked the crystal and poisonous light is pouring out from the opening. [2][3] Wilfred vomits blood for several seconds but straightens up again, eyes now pure red and hemoraging. "You're huge...that means you've got huge guts..." He draws back his fist in an exaggerated wind up,  "Rip and tear!"  And then jams his hand straight into the crack.

And at this point, I must start talkint to Sy via pms because things here are going to get a bit strange.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1314 on: September 30, 2019, 02:48:29 pm »

continue to head towards the shard
Oh, I forgot the spoiler

I assume I’m still under the shard’s Control, so I’m still trying to reach the shard to destroy it, so I would repeat this action anyways

Hotfire90

« Reply #1315 on: September 30, 2019, 03:22:46 pm »

"You should be fine now, and this does prove that water is the solution to these hallucinations. We should all grab as much water as we can, and speaking of everyone. Where did everyone go? We were all together in one big group before I suffered from my incident, and now it's just us three."

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1316 on: September 30, 2019, 04:20:39 pm »

Very well then! Me and Hamilton shall begin the snackquest! Go forth in search of snacks!

Unless things start getting freaky, in which case I'll prep the shuttle and the bay doors for immediate take-off and send the following message to command (the rules said it should rhyme and be less than 250 words, so I think this should be enough):

There once was an anime ape,
and a team that their shuttle did break,
two got resurrected,
and the new team selected
was sent in to the asteroid base

The Crystal they'd scraped
Had most people's mind raped,
So I'm telling you straight,
It's not up for debate,
The survivors want outta that place.

To let them know we want outta there and bring Hamilton with us.

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: September 30, 2019, 05:33:11 pm »

Stay knocked out till rescue comes.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1318 on: September 30, 2019, 06:27:32 pm »

Just a heads up, depending on what happens with Sy, posts might get ignored next turn. Keep that in mind, since whats gonna happen is gonna happen quick and might preempt things.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1319 on: September 30, 2019, 06:37:05 pm »

Ok
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 334