Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 441954 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: I ain't afraid of no ghost.
« Reply #1455 on: November 06, 2019, 06:33:43 am »

"You guys do whatever, I'll be sitting over here waiting for when something inevitably goes wrong."
Sit against a wall and wait for when I'm needed.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #1456 on: November 06, 2019, 09:42:56 am »

Be part of the ambassador’s entourage stay tight.
”I’ll go with you, ghosty guy!”
« Last Edit: November 10, 2019, 10:11:11 am by Leodanny »

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: November 06, 2019, 10:18:28 am »

"I vote for Yagyu, I don't think a teenage girl is a suitable diplomat.  Yagyu, I'll hold your stuff for you, and I can patch in to your video feed too, since I guess our tech expert just left to go exploring vents."

Grab Toby and keep him from running off with the "ambassador".

"No, Toby.  If you run in there they'll shoot you and Yagyu both.  They said ambassador, singular.  We might be able to talk them into letting two people go, but even then it should be--can't believe I'm saying this--it should be the little girl.  Not a creepy occultist with a tentacle."

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1458 on: November 06, 2019, 01:26:14 pm »

((Does any of you even have a radio or a computing cube? Also, computing cubes can't transmit by default.))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: November 06, 2019, 07:28:05 pm »

Be part of the ambassador’s entourage

"That's the spirit! It's the OMNITECH Way!"

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #1460 on: November 10, 2019, 10:10:18 am »

"I vote for Yagyu, I don't think a teenage girl is a suitable diplomat.  Yagyu, I'll hold your stuff for you, and I can patch in to your video feed too, since I guess our tech expert just left to go exploring vents."

"No, Toby.  If you run in there they'll shoot you and Yagyu both.  They said ambassador, singular.  We might be able to talk them into letting two people go, but even then it should be--can't believe I'm saying this--it should be the little girl.  Not a creepy occultist with a tentacle."

”but...uh...

Alright, fine. I’ll stay.”

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1461 on: November 10, 2019, 12:52:14 pm »

"Unfortunately, you don't have your brain uploaded, so sending you in is more risky if things go awry. Then again, I do sometimes put my foot in my mouth...

If I go in, would any of you be willing to take care of my stuff for a bit, and to give it to my clone should I bite the dust in there?"

If any and all talking takes speech rolls these days, let Tara go do the talking. If we can still do (some of) our own talking, go in myself. If the latter, leave my stuff with Wil or Tara, except for the computing cube, which should stay on at all times so my teammates can listen in.

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)

So according to the big bone, I only need to roll the dice when you're trying to convince someone of something they really don't believe  and that you're trying to get them to believe relatively quickly, or for first impressions.  So think of it kind of like a charisma that can be used to smooth things over or force them, but normal speech works too.

Continue with good old fashioned OMNI-brand pessimism.
Spoiler: Ji (click to show/hide)
If Yagyu lets me, go in
"We should come to an agreement as to what our ambassador is going to say before we send them in. I think going with the medical inspection would be the best option for rescuing all the hostages with mininal risk, though if we're going with that then I have to be our ambassador, I think I'm the only one qualified to answer any medical questions."

Go in and talk if I'm elected as ambassador, otherwise just stand around and look helpful.
Spoiler: Elen (click to show/hide)
I Volunteer to be ambassador! Float to the front and start haunting the roboknight. Be sure to be extra anachronistic, and also be sure to talk about things utterly unrelated to whatever they are doing or whatever the team is trying to do - hockey, or the categorization of mildews and molds, or the various flaws in the Dewey Decimal System, or other equally exciting topics.
Be part of the ambassador’s entourage stay tight.

There is a bit of a fracas, a bit of a tangle, bit of an argument and one ghost attempts to...help but luckily the KNIGHT seems not to notice him.  Eventually Yagyu steps forward as the representative.  The KNIGHT opens the makeshift door to the tunnel in and motions for Yagyu to come in.

"Your footmen can wait here for the moment. Lord has to ok their trespass into his lands."

*excited robospider noises*

Start exploring the vents. Try to be quiet about it and be careful not to accidentally walk into a fan or something. If it's the sort of place one can get lost in, use glowspray to mark the way at intersections.

I'm interested, in order of priority:
*Security stations/control stations
*Research documents/computers
*Hostages
*Life support systems
*Traps and weapon stockpiles

While exploring, keep an eye out for enemy positions and do my best to stay away from them. I don't know how good their senses are and I don't want to risk it.

Pathos sends the following back to the rest of the team.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1462 on: November 10, 2019, 01:18:25 pm »

Wait at the door with the others

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: November 11, 2019, 05:45:26 am »

Go in.

"Thank you, sir knight, for allowing me into your fortress.

Now then, is it the wish of your lord that I should speak to him, or shall you be my liaison?"

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1464 on: November 11, 2019, 06:17:29 am »

Keep sitting waiting for something to happen.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: November 11, 2019, 08:59:54 am »

While I’m bored, see what features the tentacle has. Try not to test it on my teammates.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1466 on: November 11, 2019, 02:29:59 pm »

Take note of the scenery around me. If diplomacy fails, we’re going to need break in. It would be good to find some weak points in the wall. Some keystone pieces of trash, a few flammable bits, maybe an explosive barrel they forgot to put away?
Spoiler: Nik (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 11, 2019, 02:33:54 pm by heydude6 »
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Hotfire90

« Reply #1467 on: November 11, 2019, 06:10:35 pm »

"I count twelve knights, I don't think we could win in a fair fight against them, and with how spacious the whole area is, I don't think burning them out would work either." Elen shifts her gaze from the map towards Pathos.

"Hey, uh, is it possible to privately communicate with our ambassador? It would be important for him to know the location of the hostages and of course the knights and how many there are, and that a peaceful solution is our best chance. Maybe you could also tell him that the medical inspection would be the best way to rescue the hostages, and that perhaps he should look for their off switch should a compromise be impossible."

Continue to wait around, hoping that diplomacy will work out.
Spoiler: Elen (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1468 on: November 11, 2019, 06:30:23 pm »

I've asked Radio to do the negotiating with me via pm so hopefully we'll have it done by next turn.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: November 11, 2019, 06:41:08 pm »

Continue waiting with the other security.

Spoiler: Wyatt Baker (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 334