Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 442107 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: MOOK: I ain't afraid of no ghost.
« Reply #1470 on: November 12, 2019, 06:59:16 am »

[load mission statement] minimize staff losses and property damage
[agreement] fight -> +++staff losses & +++property damage & +++risk
[disagreement] peaceful solution ---likely
[disagreement] peaceful solution = continuation of KNIGHT insubordination -> staff losses & property damage
[calculating best case scenario] KNIGHT compliance or deactivation
[hypothesis] Throne room -> Monarch +++likely
[suggestion] replace Monarch with one aligned with our goals -> assassinate/usurp/challenge/discredit/duel
engaging information gathering...

If I can drop by the door with the question mark on it without being detected by the KNIGHTs in the other room, do so. If there's a sign or similar next to it, read it. If it doesn't lead to anywhere dangerous, open it (or hack it open).

If I can't make it there undetected, then just follow Radio's character from the vents.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1471 on: November 13, 2019, 01:54:15 am »

Wilfred will see if he can't patch into Yagyu's audio and visual feeds.  From his computing cube, I guess.  Dunno, Yagyu suggested it, and Wilfred has decent tech, so try to get a connection set up and share with the team.

Also, keep watch over Yagyu's junk that he left behind.  Any would-be thieves get acidified then looted and their junk added to the pile.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1472 on: November 13, 2019, 02:14:59 pm »

While I’m bored, see what features the tentacle has. Try not to test it on my teammates.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The tentacle has the features of being able to rip people's faces off, terrify school girls, and send weebs into erotic paroxysms.  Basically its a big rubbery nightmare limb that does as you desire. Every man's dream.

Take note of the scenery around me. If diplomacy fails, we’re going to need break in. It would be good to find some weak points in the wall. Some keystone pieces of trash, a few flammable bits, maybe an explosive barrel they forgot to put away?
Spoiler: Nik (click to show/hide)
[2]
Nik performs a careful and in depth overview of the trash wall, nodding his head and grunting to himself while prodding here and there with his foot or finger. Finally he straightens up and nods.

"Completely impervious. The mad bastards."

[load mission statement] minimize staff losses and property damage
[agreement] fight -> +++staff losses & +++property damage & +++risk
[disagreement] peaceful solution ---likely
[disagreement] peaceful solution = continuation of KNIGHT insubordination -> staff losses & property damage
[calculating best case scenario] KNIGHT compliance or deactivation
[hypothesis] Throne room -> Monarch +++likely
[suggestion] replace Monarch with one aligned with our goals -> assassinate/usurp/challenge/discredit/duel
engaging information gathering...

If I can drop by the door with the question mark on it without being detected by the KNIGHTs in the other room, do so. If there's a sign or similar next to it, read it. If it doesn't lead to anywhere dangerous, open it (or hack it open).

If I can't make it there undetected, then just follow Radio's character from the vents.

Pathos quietly scuttles out of the vents and down next to the door in question. There is a sign on it that reads "AUDITOR ACCESS ONLY".

[4]
Pathos decides...not to touch that door.

Wilfred will see if he can't patch into Yagyu's audio and visual feeds.  From his computing cube, I guess.  Dunno, Yagyu suggested it, and Wilfred has decent tech, so try to get a connection set up and share with the team.

Also, keep watch over Yagyu's junk that he left behind.  Any would-be thieves get acidified then looted and their junk added to the pile.

[3]
Hmmm No dice. Somewhere in the distance you hear a clang. Hmm. Thats..probably fine.

Negotiations still continuing. Probably done soon. Faster than by post here at least.

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #1473 on: November 13, 2019, 06:23:58 pm »

”I wonder if I could hold a sword with this thing?”
Sounds good. Hide behind that security guard, for safety.

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Free Stuff
« Reply #1474 on: November 13, 2019, 10:35:36 pm »

Charon focuses his attention on the most important conglomeration of value in the room. The gigantic wall of trash. Using his finely crafted OMNI-gifted fingers, Charon applies his finely honed sense of touch to the garbage barricade. Feeling it, rubbing it, tasting it with his sensitive digits. With the debris palisade thoroughly inspected, Charon pulls out a random bit of trash from the trash pile.

Spoiler:  Charon (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 18, 2019, 02:25:41 am by Yottawhat »
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1475 on: November 14, 2019, 04:34:35 am »

"If people want rid of the wall I've got this demo charge I stole from the last mission."
Go examine the trash wall, and find out if there was any good stuff used in its construction.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1476 on: November 14, 2019, 07:06:38 am »

As a reminder, Wilfred is nowhere near the trash wall.  In fact he's not even in that room.  Or near the entrance to that room.

Since he has little better to do, he'll wonder about how, precisely, a tentacle could rip a person's face off.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #1477 on: November 14, 2019, 10:14:44 am »

Be waiting in the room before the Trash Wall. Respond to any hostility in kind.
Spoiler: Ji (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1478 on: November 15, 2019, 10:40:28 am »

I don't want the shadowmen to get me. Go back in the vents and go watch Radio's meeting. See if there are any juicy assassination targets.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1479 on: November 15, 2019, 10:51:11 am »

Continue waiting, try to figure out if I can hear anything through the wall

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #1480 on: November 16, 2019, 12:52:51 am »

Can I still join?

If so,

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1481 on: November 17, 2019, 12:32:44 pm »

((Ok, so to make this quick, I'll just copy paste here the things I learned form the initial questioning. There was more stuff I could ask, but I'm a little slow with pm's these days and didn't want to make you guys wait much longer without at least some sort of update. Assume Yagyu explains all this as he comes back out of the lab.))

Quote from: ya boi
Go in.

"Thank you, sir knight, for allowing me into your fortress.

Now then, is it the wish of your lord that I should speak to him, or shall you be my liaison?"

Quote from: boneman
Ok so basically he wants to know who you are, why you're here, and what you want.  According to him these are the rightful lands of Grongor the first (You recognize the name as being that of a fictional character in a series of campy barbarian novels), the slayer of the outerbeasts and all-father.

Quote from: this guy
Tell him I'm an ambassador from OMNITECH here to talk with them. See if they still know what terms like OMNITECH mean. Ask them about the history of their land, maybe that'll reveal something about how the situation developed.

If possible, ask for a tour of his lands to try and find out the condition of the hostages. Be courteous at all times and throw in 'milords' and such where appropriate.

Quote from: that guy
He seems to recognize "OMNITECH" but as some kind of neighboring 'Kingdom' not as a company. He says something about it being "Fatherland of the Lord" but nothing more. You ask about the situation and get a story about how Grongor the AllFather created the KNIGHTS as protectors of his realm, to aid him in the battle against the beasts of the outerlands and rebellious subjects.  You ask him what the beasts they're fighting are and he responds that the outerbeasts come from a land to the south, past the borders of this domain. He describes them as something that sounds like insects, though much larger.  He says they try to enter this land on occasion, and he and his brothers push them back.  You ask where they came from and he says that Grongor discovered them during the expansion of his lands.

You ask for a tour and to speak with the subjects of this land. The KNIGHT seems highly uncertain about this and says that he would have to ask his lord if such a thing is possible: it is not his place to choose.

Quote from: some shmuck
((maybe dealing with those insects gives us an in here, or could at least explain their aberrant behavior))

Sure, he can go ask for permission. Or he could request an audience for me with the roboking so I can ask myself, should it please his ceramicness of course. (but word it all polite and diplomat-like, I can type it out all formal like if you want me to)

Quote from: calcium extreme
Nah thats fine. He clanks off and returns a few minutes later.

"My lord says he will speak with your kingdom, but not with you. He wishes you to send your most agreeable maiden to meet with him instead."

Quote from: vitamin RC
Suuuure, I'll get right on that. One more thing, have they identified a source of those insects?

Oh, and ask him what kind of maidens his lordship prefers I suppose.

Quote from: rattle rattle
He says they're coming from someplace outside the kingdom, an open cavern to the southeast. None know their exact source, as Grongor has forbade the KNIGHTS from delving into the caverns and instead has them guard the border.

He rather sheepishly responds that Grongor prefers more "Comely lasses of delicate age" than "Withered crones or bloated harpies". He seems to be quoting.

Quote from: robobloke
(Out of curiosity, when you say 'sheepishly' here, could you describe it a bit more? Mostly cause that seems to imply a sort of social understanding/mores that I wouldn't have expected given 'organic automata' status.)

Either way, if we can't get a tour of the place yet, could he perhaps describe to me what the king's subjects that are not knights are doing and how they are treated/their general wellbeing? He mentioned 'rebellious subjects', does this occur often?

Quote from: Steve
Sheepishly in that he doesn't seem to understand what he's saying. He's reciting it without understanding so he's kinda awkward about it. Imagine a young kid telling an adult something his parent told him to tell them. Sheepish isn't quite right...more like "Awkward" or "Uncertain".

He says that they are made up entirely of Grongor's "Many wives and concubines". When you ask about any men, he says there are none. He says the women are doing well, that they are well fed and taken care of. He's very clinical about it, like a field medic.  When you ask about the "Rebellions" he responds that the women attempted to attack Grongor at one point but that they were "easily dealt with", again very clinical.

Quote from: bobby radio
Ok then, think we're almost done. Try to carefully ask if he thinks these is a chance that, should the maiden we sent be particularly to the King's liking, he will decide to add her to his harem?

(by the way, when we are done here, and assuming my head isn't traumatically separated from my neck in the meantime, should I just copy paste the pm logs into the thread, or would you prefer me to retell it IC'ly?)

Quote from: piecewise
The KNIGHT thinks on that for a while. You can almost see the smoke rising from his ears. Finally he says " The harem has always been the same." You wait a moment for him to continue but he doesn't. Alright.

(Sure, I was mostly doing this for speed and the chance of unexpectedly opening fire on the idlers after you say a bad thing. I'm fire with you relaying the conversation once you return)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1482 on: November 17, 2019, 12:38:45 pm »

”I wonder if I could hold a sword with this thing?”
Sounds good. Hide behind that security guard, for safety.
According to the specs here, Toby can totally triple wield via his tentacle.  He can also use it to cling to the back of stronger teammates, for protection. And emotional support.

Charon focuses his attention on the most important conglomeration of value in the room. The gigantic wall of trash. Using his finely crafted OMNI-gifted fingers, Charon applies his finely honed sense of touch to the garbage barricade. Feeling it, rubbing it, tasting it with his sensitive digits. With the debris palisade thoroughly inspected, Charon pulls out a random bit of trash from the trash pile.

Spoiler:  Charon (click to show/hide)
Charon yanks a random piece of debris from the trash wall. It appears to be...a tin sign reminding people to dispose of bio-hazardous trash in the correct receptacle. It appears to have blood on it. Or maybe jam?

"If people want rid of the wall I've got this demo charge I stole from the last mission."
Go examine the trash wall, and find out if there was any good stuff used in its construction.
[3]
Harold pokes at the wall, looking it over carefully for hidden treasure. He thinks there are some good things in there. In fact...is that a flamesprayer?

I don't want the shadowmen to get me. Go back in the vents and go watch Radio's meeting. See if there are any juicy assassination targets.

Yagyu's talks seem to be over, so instead pathos wanders over to the throne room. There is a man on that throne, a skinny ectomorph with a prominent adam's apple and a face like a nervous toucan. He's wearing clearly fantasy inspired armor, with a circlet crown and a big cape, looking very silly. He seems to be waiting for something.

Continue waiting, try to figure out if I can hear anything through the wall
Superseded by Yagyu just coming back and telling everyone.

Can I still join?

If so,
You can indeed, Toots.  Assume you're in the room, outside the trashwall, where Yagyu has just returned to. Basically, with everyone else.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Grongor the Petulant
« Reply #1483 on: November 17, 2019, 12:52:40 pm »

Find a ghost anemone, name it Maurice, then feed a big ghost fish to it so that it's tentacles grow absurdly long. Then find some ghost clownfish, feed several ghost pirhanas to them and set them loose inside my anemone.

After that, go feed a ghost Narwal to a ghost horse to make an ectosea unicorn.

Then ... I want a milkshake, so let's go find some ghost cows and feed them a lot of ghost grass.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Grongor the Petulant
« Reply #1484 on: November 17, 2019, 02:20:52 pm »

follow the “medic”. If they ask, I am the assistant
« Last Edit: November 17, 2019, 08:09:39 pm by Naturegirl1999 »
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 334