Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 441946 times)

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Judged, and found wanting.
« Reply #1710 on: January 13, 2020, 06:27:54 pm »

I bet Toots no.2 is going to die horribly.  Am ready
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1711 on: January 14, 2020, 01:05:50 pm »

1. Can robopeople switch of certain senses themselves? What about altering things like the refresh rate on our cameras?

2. Could you flood the mission site with knockout gas?

3. How much for some small cheapo motion tracking sensors that can transmit remotely?

4. Can he influence people while he is asleep/knocked out?

5. Any chance of getting those suits they used to contain him for us?

6. Can we get bulk discounts if we buy an item in large amounts? (eg. flashbangs) Or could we get some stuff as mission equipment so all the costs aren't on one/a few people?

7. If AI aren't affected by friendo, why not send in a team of robots who just tag and restrain every person in there?

8. If you'll allow us to still do lvl-ups and purchases for the next few turns then for me you can start. Please just tell us when the last turn for that is so nobody is blindsided, ok?

« Last Edit: January 14, 2020, 01:11:51 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1712 on: January 14, 2020, 02:14:31 pm »

I'm just gonna make a quick list here of the people who are putting on blindfolds and earplugs before the mission even starts. You know...for betting reasons.

Apply blindfold and earplugs
"Ready"
"I have a bad feeling about this whole mission, and I'm as ready as I'm gonna get."
Equip the blindfold, earplugs, and my trashcan helmet.
This is going to end horribly! Ready! Putin earbuds, stick cologne in my face, and let’s go.

Heck with it.

Imma ghost. Imma go take a peek at this guy. Feel free to PM me the results of my exploration and discovery. If seeing the guy isn't enough to enthrall Jon, try to lick him.
Jon drifts into the floor and then returns a few minutes later.

"So this place is really big...where is this guy?"

"I can neither confirm nor deny your existence."

"Laugh it up, monkey boy. "

"So, shoot everyone dead, stop perception, and shove a taser down his throat? Sounds easy enough."

"Killing him or causing harm that ruins his value as a test subject will unfortunately fail the mission. Also keep in mind the people he's controlling are still alive and not in control of themselves. That part doesn't matter for the rules but...well...it seems a bit inhumane to just kill them."

"I don't see the problem here. They're hostile, and they're preventing us from completing the mission."
The empathy deadening training is becoming more effective I see. As you say.

Does the OMNITECH “Limited Omniscience” Sensor (the one that tracks the location of tagged people) require implant skill? Or can I just tag as many people as I want without having to worry about my head exploding or something?

Is the OMNITECH Motion sensor similar to the one in Aliens? Could I use it to find nearby movement if I'm stationary? Or is it more like the thing people use to turn on lights automatically?

Do we have a way to send text messages to each other? And are there sound-cancelling earphones on sale? I'm thinking everyone can plug their ears with the earphones to block outside noise and then I can rig some sort of text-to-speech device to allow them to hear the messages their mechanical overlords send to them. That way they won't have to open their eyes to read messages and they won't be in danger of Mr. Friend taking over the radio and taking out the entire team.

Try to create two software switches, one for turning off my auditory receptors and another for reducing my vision's FPS to 0.2 (i.e. one image every 5 seconds). Also try to write/download/purchase a speech-to-text system.

You can go ahead and start, I'll probably join once I'm finished with my purchases.

It would use Implant skill to be very precise on targeting, but if you just want general stuff, then it works without rolls.

Yeah its basically the same thing as aliens.

Computer cube could do texting. As per earphones like that, they're not currently on sale but you could rig such a thing up with earplugs and small speakers, using your cube as a hub for it all. Hold on I'll just roll for it.
[4]
So yeah, but it will cost you 100 OMNI to rig it all up.

We'll just assume you can do that first part, and the second part is covered by the roll above.

Since everyone seems basically ready to go, they are herded over to an elevator (in the case of the blind folded individuals this is actual herding, with copious shoving). The elevator is one of the OMNI patented "Omnivators" that can handle both horizontal and vertical movement, so they are given an exact set of coordinates in the base and then sent on their way.  As the elevator descends, travels, scoots and occasionally drops for 50 feet of utter terror before jerking to a stop, the Apes speak over the intercom.

"We're sending you to a section directly outside of the locked down section of the base. Once you reach it the door to the locked down section will open for 30 seconds before closing and locking down again. Due to the nature of this threat and its capacity to infect others beyond the lockdown, and its capacity to access knowledge via infecting individuals, we cannot simply open the door again when you are done. We cannot have a password, because he could make you use it. We cannot simply have a 30 second specific window again because he could find it out. Text in and out is fine but...beyond that nothing is getting out.   What we are doing is this: Place the subject back in his cage. Make sure he is fully visible in the cage so he can't be one of you in disguise. Come back here and wait.  After 24 hours, we will open the door again and begin reclamation."

The elevator door dings and opens onto a pitch dark hallway. Then a second ding as a door across from the elevator opens, the light of the empty hall beyond spilling into the darkness and creating a sort of bridge of illumination between the elevator and the door.

The last known location of the subject is 12 floors down, hallway BB-15, inside door number BB-15-3. All communication from now on will be text to speech and will be considered potentially compromised. You have 30 seconds until the door closes. Good luck.

1. Can robopeople switch of certain senses themselves? What about altering things like the refresh rate on our cameras?

2. Could you flood the mission site with knockout gas?

3. How much for some small cheapo motion tracking sensors that can transmit remotely?

4. Can he influence people while he is asleep/knocked out?

5. Any chance of getting those suits they used to contain him for us?

6. Can we get bulk discounts if we buy an item in large amounts? (eg. flashbangs) Or could we get some stuff as mission equipment so all the costs aren't on one/a few people?

7. If AI aren't affected by friendo, why not send in a team of robots who just tag and restrain every person in there?

8. If you'll allow us to still do lvl-ups and purchases for the next few turns then for me you can start. Please just tell us when the last turn for that is so nobody is blindsided, ok?

Sneaky Rcs coming in at the last moment.

1. Yes.
2. Possible. There would be controls to do that in individual lab sections. We believe, from camera footage, that he is using a suit of some kind. We think he has anticipated these tactics and taken precautions.
3. 5 Omni each.
4. Yes. Though they tend to just stand there because he seems to be able to enthrall but not command.
5. There are a few suits in the locked down lab section. Transmitting coordinates. Records show 5 available. Be aware, hard lockdown anti-memetic and sensory suits generally require months of training to use due to alterations in perception.
6. Sure to both, depends on the stuff, case by case basis so far.
7. Unknown. Higher ups specified human team for this. No rational given.
8. Sure, we'll assume they're retroactive.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Curious
« Reply #1713 on: January 14, 2020, 03:13:00 pm »

Manifest to Pathos in the OMNIvator.

"Hey, do me a favor and look up all chocolate and candy related organizations that are part of OMNI. The higher up the ladder and the more forbidden the knowledge, the better."

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1714 on: January 14, 2020, 03:21:28 pm »

Walk towards where I think the door is, hopefully I’m correct. Take careful steps to avoid the abyss
« Last Edit: January 14, 2020, 04:11:26 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1715 on: January 14, 2020, 03:31:31 pm »

Attention team: Navigation hazard ahead. Proceed with caution. Will check other side. Will provide periodic updates on environmental conditions, possible threats and memetic safety. Text to speech mode active. Advanced tracking active. Vision protection active. Auditory receptors assigned for speech-to-text only function.

Sure, 100 OMNI to provide my teammates with text-to-speech earplugs sounds nice.
Also install that motion tracker and the limited omniscience and register all teammates. Knowing their general direction if they get turned is still better than nothing (if only because I'll know the direction to run away towards).

Switch my ears to speech-to-text-to-speech mode. Be ready to switch my vision to 0.2 FPS at the first sign of trouble. Watch all motion sensors carefully.

Run towards the door. Activate 0.2 FPS mode the moment I reach the other side or at the first sign of trouble. If the other side is clear, let my comrades know so that they can take off their blindfolds and get across without accidentally falling to their deaths or getting lost.

"Hey, do me a favor and look up all chocolate and candy related organizations that are part of OMNI. The higher up the ladder and the more forbidden the knowledge, the better."
Request: +++fun, +++profit -> approved
If it wouldn't take too much time, hack the interwebs to provide JonIGhost with a starting point for his pilgrimage to the Wonkasecret.

« Last Edit: January 15, 2020, 07:07:11 am by Parisbre56 »

Hotfire90

« Reply #1716 on: January 14, 2020, 03:45:02 pm »

Push the blindfolded people through the door and start exploring.
Spoiler: Elen (click to show/hide)

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #1717 on: January 14, 2020, 03:48:54 pm »

Have my stun baton at the ready. Be ready to switch to 0.2fps, same as pathos, also be ready to turn off all other senses, except the feet thing, if I think I could detect vibrations. If I see anyone that’s not from the team, immediately attempt to stun and subdue them.
Spoiler: Ji (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #1718 on: January 14, 2020, 08:17:23 pm »

Remove blindfold. Keep it on my forehead just in case. Grab a blindfolded person to use as a meatshield.

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1719 on: January 15, 2020, 12:37:51 am »

Walk with group, be ready with baton subdue anyone who isn't part of the team

m1895

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1720 on: January 15, 2020, 04:17:39 am »

pull down my blindfold and wait for Pathos to give the all clear, once he has pull up the blindfold and walk in, stop any idiots from falling to their deaths if I can do so safely, resist attempts to force me through
(I'm presuming Pathos upgraded all our earbuds)
Spoiler: character sheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 15, 2020, 04:21:01 am by m1895 »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1721 on: January 15, 2020, 04:37:43 am »

Take of my blindfold the go through the door, then immediately put it back on.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1722 on: January 17, 2020, 02:23:01 pm »

Take of my blindfold the go through the door, then immediately put it back on.
pull down my blindfold and wait for Pathos to give the all clear, once he has pull up the blindfold and walk in, stop any idiots from falling to their deaths if I can do so safely, resist attempts to force me through
(I'm presuming Pathos upgraded all our earbuds)
Spoiler: character sheet (click to show/hide)
Walk with group, be ready with baton subdue anyone who isn't part of the team
Remove blindfold. Keep it on my forehead just in case. Grab a blindfolded person to use as a meatshield.
Have my stun baton at the ready. Be ready to switch to 0.2fps, same as pathos, also be ready to turn off all other senses, except the feet thing, if I think I could detect vibrations. If I see anyone that’s not from the team, immediately attempt to stun and subdue them.
Spoiler: Ji (click to show/hide)
Push the blindfolded people through the door and start exploring.
Spoiler: Elen (click to show/hide)
Walk towards where I think the door is, hopefully I’m correct. Take careful steps to avoid the abyss

Attention team: Navigation hazard ahead. Proceed with caution. Will check other side. Will provide periodic updates on environmental conditions, possible threats and memetic safety. Text to speech mode active. Advanced tracking active. Vision protection active. Auditory receptors assigned for speech-to-text only function.

Sure, 100 OMNI to provide my teammates with text-to-speech earplugs sounds nice.
Also install that motion tracker and the limited omniscience and register all teammates. Knowing their general direction if they get turned is still better than nothing (if only because I'll know the direction to run away towards).

Switch my ears to speech-to-text-to-speech mode. Be ready to switch my vision to 0.2 FPS at the first sign of trouble. Watch all motion sensors carefully.

Run towards the door. Activate 0.2 FPS mode the moment I reach the other side or at the first sign of trouble. If the other side is clear, let my comrades know so that they can take off their blindfolds and get across without accidentally falling to their deaths or getting lost.

Request: +++fun, +++profit -> approved
If it wouldn't take too much time, hack the interwebs to provide JonIGhost with a starting point for his pilgrimage to the Wonkasecret.

Pathos installs his various bits and bobs and gets the TtS system rigged up for everyone on the team.

That done, and with basically the entire team clinging to him, he strides confidently in .2fps into the restricted area. This is quite funny to see since Pathos is a tiny spiderbot and thus is leading a cluster of bent over, blinded, yet heavily armed rascals.  The door closes behind him and the group a few moments later and locks with a definitive heavy clunk.  Pathos scans around as best he can in .2fps and then, after coming to the conclusion that there are no mind-jacking enemies about, gives the all clear.
[12]
Pathos activates something wirelessly and suddenly a holographic representation of a chipper looking man in a suit with a giant eyeball for a head materializes in front of the group

WELL HOWDY  SECURITY TEAM
657870656e-6461626c-65, AND WELCOME TO THE ERROR: LOCATION NOT SET. I'M MR.OMNI AND I'M HERE TO HELP YOU! I SEE YOU'RE LOOKING FOR CHOCOLATE AND CANDY . WELL I CAN HELP WITH THAT! I'M BROADCASTING ON EVERY OPEN CHANNEL AND INTERCOM IN THE ENTIRE ERROR: LOCATION NOT SET I'M SURE AN ASSOCIATE WILL BE ALONG TO HELP SHORTLY! AND IF NOT, I'LL GUIDE YOU THERE MYSELF! DON'T WORRY, I'LL MAKE SURE TO KEEP TALKING SO YOU DON'T GET SEPARATED FROM ME!

Mr. Omni spends this entire speech bouncing gesturing and generally being as manic as a clown on cocaine. His voice is an incredibly grating semi-nasal clown voice as well. It echos painfully through the entire complex.

Was this just one big round about way for you to become a ghost so we can hang out again? You scamp, you. Jon asks, apparently pleased. He tries to give pathos a playful punch in the robotic spider leg, but he is still incorporeal.

Pathos sits perfectly still for a few moments before offhandedly letting everyone know they can remove their blindfolds.  What the team sees in here is an incredibly unhelpful line of doors set into a utterly boring corridor bathed in painfully bright halogen light. There are no corpses, no scrawls of blood, no feces art pieces, and no interesting signs that a sociopath superman is scampering about.  With the element of surprise violently defenestrated the team decides to move forward in a clump of guns and paranoia until they reach something more interesting.  The hall continues in a generally boring sort of way for a while until they come to a T junction. At this T junction there are two interesting things: The first is a door marked "SERVER" and the second is a single human tooth, a molar, sitting on the floor amidst a small amount of blood. The rest of the visible hall is clean.

And it is at this point that I will ask everyone to add the following to their sheets

Code: [Select]
Sight:
Smell:
Hearing:
Taste:
Touch:

And to mark any sort of blockage or shielding they have applied to any of these senses at any particular time. So if you are blindfolded, do one of these "Sight: Blindfolded".  It will allow me to do terrible things to you with relative ease.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1723 on: January 17, 2020, 03:04:00 pm »

Reapply blindfold and head towards the right, feeling one of the sides for doors, enter a door at random
(Would I still have a bloody nose from 2 missions ago or should I delete that fr0m status?)
« Last Edit: January 19, 2020, 09:46:24 am by Naturegirl1999 »

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1724 on: January 17, 2020, 03:19:06 pm »

Look at the molar, also close my eyes. If it is possible to give away shock implant activator,  then give it to Ji
« Last Edit: January 19, 2020, 01:45:10 pm by The Canadian kitten »
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 334