Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 442119 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: MOOK: Curious
« Reply #1725 on: January 17, 2020, 04:04:19 pm »

"Look at the bright side. They might know we're here, but they must have known we'd be coming sooner or later. And with all that noise nobody will be able to hear us coming and he won't be able to exert control through speech. Isn't that right Mr. Omni?"

Wait for the team to be ready to move on. While I wait, check the motion sensor, see if I can make out any movement beyond this room.

EDIT: If any of my teammates decide to move out, help by checking out the rooms they're going to.

« Last Edit: January 19, 2020, 06:55:34 am by Parisbre56 »

m1895

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1726 on: January 18, 2020, 07:44:26 am »

so uh, Toots was it? Seeing as you don't have any protection against mind control, would you mind giving Pathos or Ji your spare electrical implant activator?
check a couple of the miscellaneous side rooms for anything of value, like a map, or money, or an okay weapon.
Spoiler: character sheet (click to show/hide)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1727 on: January 18, 2020, 08:16:39 am »

"I like this Mister Hombre. We've gotta get this guy into a coffee pot, Pathos. Or maybe a lamp."

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1728 on: January 18, 2020, 08:59:21 am »

Uuuugggh.  Okay, I procrastinated way too long about what to buy.  Uh, if I can still do the before-mission stuff, Wil will leave his ACA in his room, then go to the loan shark and take out another loan.  This time for 303 credits, which he will use to buy a Cognition Copier, eleven (!) spare mags for the security rifle, and nose plugs.  Oh, and if Security doesn't actually possess controls for their shock implants, increase the loan by however much one of those costs.  200 in the armory buys one implant and two controls, so I'd presume it isn't too expensive just to buy a button on a transmitter alone?

Give the shock implant controller to Pathos.

Standing orders throughout the entire misson: If Wil spots humans who are not part of the security team, he will shoot them.  Since he's not using low FPS vision, he will be controlled if he sees Derp, and will therefore not shoot Derp.  Additionally, if Wil spots video screens that haven't been destroyed, or speakers that haven't been destroyed, or any similar things that could project perception of Derp, he will shoot them on sight.

Finally, Wil will try and keep up a running mantra of just how much he hates Derp, and wants the bastard to die, painfully and violently.  Have this be constantly transmitted on the team channel, or at least to Pathos, going double for when other people are all blindfolded.  Keep it fresh and interesting by constantly thinking up new details for the tortures Derp should be subjected to.  Pathos has permission to shock Wil if he stops talking about how much he hates Derp.  Yes, even if it's obvious Wil isn't controlled; being painfully electrocuted whenever he stops should give great motivation to keep the mantra going forever.

FINALLY, the actual action, take point and enter the server room.  Don't shoot controls for the servers, but other screens that look like they're more for general display are still fine for shooting.  Redouble the hatred mantra as the server room is entered, really get into it.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Code: [Select]
Sight: Functioning (blindfold readied)
Smell: Nose plugs?
Hearing: Pathos' text-to-speed earbuds.
Taste: Cutting out one's tongue seems like too much.  How are we gonna taste him without touching him, anyway?
Touch: Riot armor

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1729 on: January 18, 2020, 10:13:25 am »

"Oh man I can feel this going poorly all ready."
Take two bullets out of one of my spare mags and shove them in my nose, then try my best to follow the rest of the group.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #1730 on: January 19, 2020, 02:11:13 am »

A tooth, huh? examine tooth for signs of being... AN ENEMY! I know what you're up to(no I don't)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1731 on: January 19, 2020, 04:47:58 am »

Just gonna do this now before the moment is gone: lvl tech, buy enviro scanner (50), try to sell green liquid (assume this was done before leaving for the mission if possible).

For actual action: scan room before people go in, if no obvious signs of trouble let them go in and go in myself. Also scan tooth if I find a moment. 

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Hotfire90

« Reply #1732 on: January 19, 2020, 04:02:11 pm »

Explore the hallway with the missing tooth, search for a map or anything that would help with capturing Mr Friend and co.
Spoiler: Elen (click to show/hide)

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #1733 on: January 19, 2020, 05:14:33 pm »

Dont go near the tooth, and be ready to tackle/stun my teammates when they inevitably get controlled by it. If nothing eventful happens, proceed in the most logical direction.
Spoiler: Ji (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Vivalas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1734 on: January 20, 2020, 02:50:21 am »

Well this looks cool, throwing in a character sheet if I'm able to join this festival of horrors:

"On two occasions I have been asked,—"Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
- Charles Babbage

The Imperial Question | Stranded Among Stars

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1735 on: January 20, 2020, 04:49:54 am »

Well this looks cool, throwing in a character sheet if I'm able to join this festival of horrors:

Good luck without sensory protection. Welcome to the team

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1736 on: January 22, 2020, 03:12:24 pm »

Welcome. I assume you know where you are and such? Or have you not read the last few posts?

Uuuugggh.  Okay, I procrastinated way too long about what to buy.  Uh, if I can still do the before-mission stuff, Wil will leave his ACA in his room, then go to the loan shark and take out another loan.  This time for 303 credits, which he will use to buy a Cognition Copier, eleven (!) spare mags for the security rifle, and nose plugs.  Oh, and if Security doesn't actually possess controls for their shock implants, increase the loan by however much one of those costs.  200 in the armory buys one implant and two controls, so I'd presume it isn't too expensive just to buy a button on a transmitter alone?

Give the shock implant controller to Pathos.

Standing orders throughout the entire misson: If Wil spots humans who are not part of the security team, he will shoot them.  Since he's not using low FPS vision, he will be controlled if he sees Derp, and will therefore not shoot Derp.  Additionally, if Wil spots video screens that haven't been destroyed, or speakers that haven't been destroyed, or any similar things that could project perception of Derp, he will shoot them on sight.

Finally, Wil will try and keep up a running mantra of just how much he hates Derp, and wants the bastard to die, painfully and violently.  Have this be constantly transmitted on the team channel, or at least to Pathos, going double for when other people are all blindfolded.  Keep it fresh and interesting by constantly thinking up new details for the tortures Derp should be subjected to.  Pathos has permission to shock Wil if he stops talking about how much he hates Derp.  Yes, even if it's obvious Wil isn't controlled; being painfully electrocuted whenever he stops should give great motivation to keep the mantra going forever.

FINALLY, the actual action, take point and enter the server room.  Don't shoot controls for the servers, but other screens that look like they're more for general display are still fine for shooting.  Redouble the hatred mantra as the server room is entered, really get into it.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Code: [Select]
Sight: Functioning (blindfold readied)
Smell: Nose plugs?
Hearing: Pathos' text-to-speed earbuds.
Taste: Cutting out one's tongue seems like too much.  How are we gonna taste him without touching him, anyway?
Touch: Riot armor
First paragraph, fine. Implant remote code to pathos, stuff bought, loan taken out (I assume the earlier one was paid off).

Alright.

Also ok. A bit psychotic but fine.

Wilfred barrels into the room, shouting something about "Drill bit Urethral exploration", and proceeds to [3][8] spray several rounds into a monitor and the area around the monitor. I'm assuming he's using his rifle not his acid launcher despite what his sheet says.  Oh he also screamingly smashes a desktop speaker with the butt of his rifle.

"Look at the bright side. They might know we're here, but they must have known we'd be coming sooner or later. And with all that noise nobody will be able to hear us coming and he won't be able to exert control through speech. Isn't that right Mr. Omni?"

Wait for the team to be ready to move on. While I wait, check the motion sensor, see if I can make out any movement beyond this room.

EDIT: If any of my teammates decide to move out, help by checking out the rooms they're going to.

ERROR: RESPONSE NOT FOUND Says Mr. Omni with a smile. The fact that the eyeball is smiling is very unnerving.

Pathos checks the motion tracker and, after seeing that there's no motion other than the apparent Brownian motion of meandering teammates, follows Wilfred into the server room. Despite Wilfred's enthusiastic murder of consoles, Pathos thinks he could probably still connect to this server.

Just gonna do this now before the moment is gone: lvl tech, buy enviro scanner (50), try to sell green liquid (assume this was done before leaving for the mission if possible).

For actual action: scan room before people go in, if no obvious signs of trouble let them go in and go in myself. Also scan tooth if I find a moment. 

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)

Ok, Ooze sells for 150.

Yagyu scans things. He scans doors and rooms and teeth and everything comes up as mundane and non-dangerous.

Dont go near the tooth, and be ready to tackle/stun my teammates when they inevitably get controlled by it. If nothing eventful happens, proceed in the most logical direction.
Spoiler: Ji (click to show/hide)
Reapply blindfold and head towards the right, feeling one of the sides for doors, enter a door at random
(Would I still have a bloody nose from 2 missions ago or should I delete that fr0m status?)
so uh, Toots was it? Seeing as you don't have any protection against mind control, would you mind giving Pathos or Ji your spare electrical implant activator?
check a couple of the miscellaneous side rooms for anything of value, like a map, or money, or an okay weapon.
Spoiler: character sheet (click to show/hide)
"Oh man I can feel this going poorly all ready."
Take two bullets out of one of my spare mags and shove them in my nose, then try my best to follow the rest of the group.
A tooth, huh? examine tooth for signs of being... AN ENEMY! I know what you're up to(no I don't)
Explore the hallway with the missing tooth, search for a map or anything that would help with capturing Mr Friend and co.
Spoiler: Elen (click to show/hide)
The rest of the group, some with bullets up their nose, others with blindfolds on, still others with tooth based paranoia, spread out. They wander hither and thither, shaking the handles to doors, blindly patting the walls, crashing though offices and supply closets and even an empty room here and there. Toby, on all fours, scuttles around the tooth like some sort of fidgety man-cat, occasionally working up the courage to poke it with one finger before skittering back.  The end result of all this hoopla is the following things.

1. The tooth is not dangerous, but is pretty gross.
2. Sadly there are no armories the first 200 or so feet of either of these hallways. Not even so much as a slingshot, but Ji does manage to accidently discover a thumb drive tapped to the underside of a desk in one of the abandoned rooms while searching for hidden weapons.
3. Burt discovers that the passage to the right actually forks again, this time with paths forwards, and to the left and right, from his perspective. The forward and left are rather more of the same, but down the right hand passsage he can see some smears of blood on the white walls  and some spray patterns on the ceiling. There's even a lump of something maybe 60 feet away!
4. Tara- whose nose is no longer bloody, no- stumbles blindly through a door and trips over something. She can't see what it is, but she ends up sprawled on it. And though she cannot see, she can feel a cold squishiness and smell something increadibly bad.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1737 on: January 22, 2020, 03:19:27 pm »

what does the thing I fell on feel like?

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1738 on: January 22, 2020, 03:32:41 pm »

Commence machine-to-machine Interface, yes... Pathos states while excitedly wiggling his manipulator arms.

Connect to the server. First order of business is to find a map or at least a rough layout of the area. If I'm successful, use my limited Omniscience to direct people around the complex, if anybody asks for directions. This is going to be like a strategy game, except all my units are blind and drunk.

Ask Mr. Omni to regale me with tales of the chocolate land and sing of its people while I work. Count myself lucky for not actually being able to hear his unfiltered voice.

« Last Edit: January 22, 2020, 03:35:43 pm by Parisbre56 »

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #1739 on: January 22, 2020, 10:28:50 pm »

(Piecewise, what happened to toots?)
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 334