Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 441935 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Curious
« Reply #1830 on: February 25, 2020, 03:43:38 am »

"I hope whatever was in that syringe wasn't poisonous."
Get back in my chair and roll around looting the bodies.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

m1895

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1831 on: February 25, 2020, 11:08:55 am »

loot a couple corpses while Burt is trying to sit without a kneecap, then run after the rest of the crazies
Spoiler: character sheet (click to show/hide)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1832 on: February 25, 2020, 11:16:35 am »

The syringe appears to contain a mix of things, including a neutral biological suspension, saline, glucose, and some sort of Virus. The virus itself does exist in the OMNI data banks but its specifics are locked off to someone of your level. The basics of it seem to be that it is a Baltimore Class 6, Biohazard level 3 artificial research pathogen. It doesn't seem to have been designed as biological weapon, rather as some sort of research tool. No listed symptoms or uses, least none you can see.

Try to analyze the 'neutral biological suspension' in some more detail.

If I get some help in determining more details on the retrovirus, consider why they tried to inject it into Burt. Could I determine if the viral vector was actually loaded with any payload? If yes, can I determine anything about the payload itself? What are they trying to integrate into pool ol' Burt here?

"Pathos, dear, I need some intel on this retrovirus they injected into Burt here. Can you hack into their system for a sec to see what's what? I'd like to know what kinds of tricks they are trying to play here.

Burt, I will need you to hand over any lethal firearms you might have on your person for the time being. We don't know yet what they are trying to pull here, so I'd rather not take chances on that front. This is both for our, as well as your, safety. If you start getting controlled by mr. friendly while you have deadly weapons on your person, we'll have no choice but to shoot you. Secondly, please try to improvise yourself a mouth mask in case whatever they got into you is contagious, and try not to, uh, touch or lick any of your fleshy comrades, if you could. Finally, please don't run off on your own to anywhere, but stay near a teammate, preferably a robotic one."

((This is the point where I try to bullshit the Biochemist~))
((Feel free to just say 'because space magic' at any time if I get to inquisitive to your liking! ))

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 25, 2020, 11:20:50 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #1833 on: February 26, 2020, 12:57:30 am »

Loot the bodies for a sign post

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1834 on: February 26, 2020, 06:51:43 am »

"Burt, I will need you to hand over any lethal firearms you might have on your person for the time being. We don't know yet what they are trying to pull here, so I'd rather not take chances on that front. This is both for our, as well as your, safety. If you start getting controlled by mr. friendly while you have deadly weapons on your person, we'll have no choice but to shoot you. Secondly, please try to improvise yourself a mouth mask in case whatever they got into you is contagious, and try not to, uh, touch or lick any of your fleshy comrades, if you could. Finally, please don't run off on your own to anywhere, but stay near a teammate, preferably a robotic one."
"But I want to keep the gun I just got it, and I have this helmet is it enough to count as a mask?"
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1835 on: February 26, 2020, 07:38:17 am »

Run a search query on the local net or some nearby computer to see if I can find anything on that virus Yagyu is interested in and then give the results to him. But before I do so, add a section describing how the virus has a weird fashion sense and likes disco.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: MOOK: Step 1. Shoot the hostage.
« Reply #1836 on: February 27, 2020, 12:39:23 pm »

Feel the corpses to find one where the hands are about the size of mine, then try gutting the hands to use as gloves for touch protection, then head through the door the thrails came out of and head down the hallway
[10]
Tara, never one to waste an opportunity, finds a suitable corpse and proceeds to deglove and skin both arms up to the elbow. This done, she then crudely sews the still bloody flesh gloves into a usable state and puts them on. 

Because sure, why not.

Oh good, no one died. Onward to section A or wherever derp is!
Here's the map.

https://i.imgur.com/MTPF4mA.png

The only way out of this section is the airlock they just smashed open. It leads to sector R. R leads to Q which leads to three other sectors.  Are you going to attempt to just make beeline for sector A or try to investigate and look in other sectors? Because a lot of these places are relatively empty and uninteresting so I'm basically gonna autopilot you to the next meaningful encounter.

"I hope whatever was in that syringe wasn't poisonous."
Get back in my chair and roll around looting the bodies.

loot a couple corpses while Burt is trying to sit without a kneecap, then run after the rest of the crazies
Loot the bodies for a sign post
The bodies sadly do not have wonderful treasure on them. In fact, they have very little on them at all.  There are
1. 4 more of those syringes, these ones still full and unused.
2. Each body has what looks like an earpiece surgically attached to one ear. Not crudely either, its quite well done.
3. There are 3 more memory cards, 1 of which is half melted but the other two are fine.

To save the trouble, the contents of the memory card are again simple files that, when safely converted to text, say the following

Quote from: File 2
THEY TRIED COUNTLESS TIMES TO COPY WHAT MADE ME SPECIAL.
THEY FAILED ON EVERY ATTEMPT.
IT WAS AMUSING FOR A TIME, BUT NOW I FEAR THEY WILL EVENTUALLY KILL THE GOLDEN GOOSE IN THEIR FRUSTRATION.
I GIVE YOU THE POISONED FRUITS OF THEIR LABORS.
ENJOY THEIR FOLLY TO THE UTMOST.

Run a search query on the local net or some nearby computer to see if I can find anything on that virus Yagyu is interested in and then give the results to him. But before I do so, add a section describing how the virus has a weird fashion sense and likes disco.

[4]
The virus, from what Pathos can tell (and sends to Yagyu), was part of some kind of genetics program.  There was apparently some sort of program to sequence and discover exactly what in the genetics of Mr. Friend resulted in his odd powers.  This virus was just a tool in that program, to cut and insert genetic sequences into cells. Apparently they had tried germline engineering on clones to produce copies of Mr. Friend, but even direct clones of him did not seem to inherently possess his abilities.  There were hundreds of versions of this virus, from the germline editing ones to somatic cell edits. What exactly they'd do in a normal individual isn't really known.

The syringe appears to contain a mix of things, including a neutral biological suspension, saline, glucose, and some sort of Virus. The virus itself does exist in the OMNI data banks but its specifics are locked off to someone of your level. The basics of it seem to be that it is a Baltimore Class 6, Biohazard level 3 artificial research pathogen. It doesn't seem to have been designed as biological weapon, rather as some sort of research tool. No listed symptoms or uses, least none you can see.

Try to analyze the 'neutral biological suspension' in some more detail.

If I get some help in determining more details on the retrovirus, consider why they tried to inject it into Burt. Could I determine if the viral vector was actually loaded with any payload? If yes, can I determine anything about the payload itself? What are they trying to integrate into pool ol' Burt here?

"Pathos, dear, I need some intel on this retrovirus they injected into Burt here. Can you hack into their system for a sec to see what's what? I'd like to know what kinds of tricks they are trying to play here.

Burt, I will need you to hand over any lethal firearms you might have on your person for the time being. We don't know yet what they are trying to pull here, so I'd rather not take chances on that front. This is both for our, as well as your, safety. If you start getting controlled by mr. friendly while you have deadly weapons on your person, we'll have no choice but to shoot you. Secondly, please try to improvise yourself a mouth mask in case whatever they got into you is contagious, and try not to, uh, touch or lick any of your fleshy comrades, if you could. Finally, please don't run off on your own to anywhere, but stay near a teammate, preferably a robotic one."

((This is the point where I try to bullshit the Biochemist~))
((Feel free to just say 'because space magic' at any time if I get to inquisitive to your liking! ))

The Neutral biological suspension appears, according to the scanner, to be a sort of slurry of organic molecules, proteins, animal cells that have been engineered to be defenseless, etc. Seems to be what amounts to a viral agar, just something to prolong the viability of the injection.

[4]

Considering the messages and the info from Pathos, Yagyu comes to the conclusion that this might be nothing but a dramatic flourish of sorts.  Derp, as he is unaffectionally known, seems to have a definite grudge against OMNI and wants to convey that grudge to anyone who would try to take him back.  Injections of random research viruses could be him playing mind games, it could be him just hoping to cause some random damage with something related to the research on him. If its a germline edit he might be trying to spread some part of himself out to the world by hijacking the genetics of the team.  Or maybe this will just have some sort of random deleterious effects as the body fights the virus like it would fight any other virus. The danger of the thing seems to be that without some equipment, its impossible to know what exactly its doing to a host's cells. Burt might be fine for a year and then get cancer or he might have his immune system eroded away, or he might be unintentionally creating burt's children if he should ever breed or...maybe nothing.

Yagyu is of the opinion that the simple choice is likely the most correct: Mr. Friend, with little knowledge of biochemistry or anything of the sort, put a bunch of fluid marked "DANGEROUS" into syringes and told his thralls to shank the team.  What will come of it, that is the question.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1837 on: February 27, 2020, 03:22:35 pm »

Head to section R while using my scanner
« Last Edit: February 27, 2020, 04:50:35 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1838 on: February 27, 2020, 04:24:33 pm »

"Excellent work as always, Hackerman, thank you.

Well then gentlemen, I think this sector is secured and thoroughly ransacked. Shall we move on to the next?"

"But I want to keep the gun I just got it, and I have this helmet is it enough to count as a mask?"

"Well Burt, based on what we just learned I think letting you hang on to your gun for now is reasonably safe. However, please, if you start feeling strange or sick in any way, tell us, ok? Again, both for your safety and that of our meat-based teammates!

As for the mask, maybe try to fashion yourself a mouth mask to use under your helmet from some of the clothes of these poor saps? I don't suspect that what they injected you with is contagious, but better safe than sorry."

Get those syringes from the dead, since they can't accidentally poke me and inject me with this crap, being a brobot and all.

Then try to collect one of the earpieces and observe it. DO NOT LISTEN TO IT. I guess it comes with built-in batteries and such? Does it look like it is receive-only, or could one perhaps send through it? Secondly, using the tools we have available, could we figure out on which frequency/frequency band these earplugs receive? The idea being that if we can just generate a ton of noise on those frequencies we could drown out mr. Friendly's voice, thereby making it more difficult for him to stay in control of thralls through these earpieces.

Either way: head for section R, keep scanner up to try and detect incoming shenanigans before they occur.

« Last Edit: February 27, 2020, 04:54:38 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

m1895

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1839 on: February 27, 2020, 04:52:30 pm »

disassemble one of the earpieces cause why not, then follow the others to R.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1840 on: February 28, 2020, 09:22:20 am »

Shoot all the earpieces that aren't being messed with, following the standing order to destroy any electronics that can transmit perception of Derp.  Then, take cover and hold the gun on the people messing with the earpieces.  Mutter about cloning Derp and making the clones kill and eat each other, and debate whether this counts as violence against Derp.  If either of the people messing with earpieces starts acting fucky, shoot the earpieces.  Then maybe kneecap them afterward, better safe than sorry.  And Wilfred will not be sorry for shooting teammates.

Follow the team if we start heading to the next area.  Try to catch up to whoever's in the lead, and cover them with the rifle.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Code: [Select]
Sight: Functioning (blindfold readied)
Smell: Nose plugs.
Hearing: Pathos' text-to-speech earplugs
Taste: Cutting out one's tongue seems like too much.  How are we gonna taste him without touching him, anyway?
Touch: Riot armor

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1841 on: February 28, 2020, 09:39:29 am »

"Well I'm glad that shit wasn't poisonous."
Look for the cleanest bit of clothing on the recently dead, rip it off and cover my mouth with it, then use my chair to follow the rest of the group as they explore.

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #1842 on: February 29, 2020, 03:29:32 am »

Take the scenic route through the sectors! Find any hidden goodies with my impeccable skills!
”Hey Tara, is that... sanitary in any way shape or form?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1843 on: February 29, 2020, 07:53:58 am »

”it is one sense less that Mr Friend can use. Now I just need something for covering my nose and the on;y vessel left would be taste, which would be the most difficult, as I will not eat anything here. Do you have anything for touch? If not, you can search the corpses for suitable arms too.”

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1844 on: February 29, 2020, 11:59:32 pm »

"Actually, no, it's really not.  You can perceive Derp by pressure, which a second layer of skin isn't gonna stop.  All it'll do is prevent perceiving the jackass through texture.  Also, watching you cut off that skin was fucking horrifying and I'm mildly tempted to shoot you, because fuuuck, what?  Save that sadism for Derp himself, little miss Psycho!  The bastard deserves a good skinning."
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 334