Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 441900 times)

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Not good for the Insurance
« Reply #1950 on: March 24, 2020, 04:20:19 pm »

Allow myself to be repaired. Would I be able to have biological components grafted on to my android body, or would they be incompatible?
Spoiler: Ji (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #1951 on: March 24, 2020, 05:08:48 pm »

Start looting
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

m1895

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1952 on: March 24, 2020, 07:51:08 pm »

"eh Yagyu, if you want I could probably fix you up"
if Yagyu wants me to fix him up, burn a toolkit charge to do so, then follow Tara to section N (from a safe distance)
EDIT: also help fix up Ji
Spoiler: character sheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 25, 2020, 06:13:02 am by m1895 »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1953 on: March 24, 2020, 09:05:52 pm »

if Yagyu wants me to fix him up, burn a toolkit charge to do so, then follow Tara to section N (from a safe distance)[/i]
(Tara's not gonna hurt you unless you're a thrail.  ;) (I know you mean safe distance from entrance in case of thrails))

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: CrAzY tAxI~~~
« Reply #1954 on: March 25, 2020, 01:51:36 am »

"Fuck the darkness.  Fuck Derp.  Cut him apart in the dark, snuff out the light in his eyes, leave him alone and forgotten..."

Head directly towards the control room of the sector, and work on isolating this sector from the others.  No reason Derp can't hack it and pull shit, even if it seems to be entirely dead.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Code: [Select]
Sight: Functioning (blindfold readied)
Smell: Nose plugs.
Hearing: Pathos' text-to-speech earplugs
Taste: Cutting out one's tongue seems like too much.  How are we gonna taste him without touching him, anyway?
Touch: Riot armor

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1955 on: March 25, 2020, 04:13:04 am »

if Yagyu wants me to fix him up, burn a toolkit charge to do so, then follow Tara to section N (from a safe distance)

"Why yes, that would be very helpful. Do you think you can manage though without additional spare parts?"

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1956 on: March 25, 2020, 05:25:53 am »

"I'm game to go straight to N."
Light one of my flares and start looting some of the rooms on the way to section N.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

m1895

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1957 on: March 25, 2020, 06:12:04 am »

I'll live without em.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1958 on: March 25, 2020, 11:24:12 am »

Stik with the more experienced members like Yagyu and co., while looking around the place. Never go off by myself and be cautious about any mindfuckery while looting, back off the moment I get an inkling of something being wrong.

Spoiler: Richter (click to show/hide)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1959 on: March 26, 2020, 05:58:37 pm »

"I am a man of simple desires, free of the earthly needs that confound so many. My only plan is to wake up each day and do as I please, unbound by petty concerns. What could be better than that?"
"Hah. You're a cool dude. I like the cut of your jib. It's a shame we were ordered to bring you in. I'd have liked hanging out with you. But the world (and this company) has a way of forcing unpleasant things on us. Like how it forced you to stay in this lab."

Keep talking. Keep following the team. Help with opening doors or anything else that requires messing with computers.

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #1960 on: March 26, 2020, 10:38:27 pm »

go looting! I'm casting my vote for section N.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1961 on: March 27, 2020, 02:09:04 pm »

go looting! I'm casting my vote for section N.
"I'm game to go straight to N."
Light one of my flares and start looting some of the rooms on the way to section N.
Start looting
[12][3][1]
Toby, Burt, and Gabe go off in search of mad loot. In their search, the break into a large room and Gabe, flailing around in the dark, accidentally flips a switch. He does not notice that he has done this, and the group wanders off, unable to find anything more interesting than plastic tarps and microscopes.

I say we go with section N as well
Go to section N, because the door is locked, attempt to find something small enough to pick the lock with
Tara attempts to pick the digital lock of a blast door with a hairpin.

It goes about as well as you'd expect. A lot of poking solid metal with a pin.

Allow myself to be repaired. Would I be able to have biological components grafted on to my android body, or would they be incompatible?
EDIT: also help fix up Ji
[11]
Ji gets repaired as much as possible. Which is...well she's completely conscious and can use her remaining arm.   As per who she's getting strapped to for locomotion...kinda up to her.

"Fuck the darkness.  Fuck Derp.  Cut him apart in the dark, snuff out the light in his eyes, leave him alone and forgotten..."

Head directly towards the control room of the sector, and work on isolating this sector from the others.  No reason Derp can't hack it and pull shit, even if it seems to be entirely dead.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Code: [Select]
Sight: Functioning (blindfold readied)
Smell: Nose plugs.
Hearing: Pathos' text-to-speech earplugs
Taste: Cutting out one's tongue seems like too much.  How are we gonna taste him without touching him, anyway?
Touch: Riot armor
Wilfred finds the control room without much effort and gets in with even less. The place is entirely quiet and shutdown, plastic spread across the control panels and the monitors covered in an opaque protective film.

"I am a man of simple desires, free of the earthly needs that confound so many. My only plan is to wake up each day and do as I please, unbound by petty concerns. What could be better than that?"
"Hah. You're a cool dude. I like the cut of your jib. It's a shame we were ordered to bring you in. I'd have liked hanging out with you. But the world (and this company) has a way of forcing unpleasant things on us. Like how it forced you to stay in this lab."

Keep talking. Keep following the team. Help with opening doors or anything else that requires messing with computers.

Stik with the more experienced members like Yagyu and co., while looking around the place. Never go off by myself and be cautious about any mindfuckery while looting, back off the moment I get an inkling of something being wrong.

Spoiler: Richter (click to show/hide)

((Since we will have to make a decision right now on which section to go to next, here is the map again for convenience: https://imgur.com/MTPF4mA Note that we are currently in section Q, not V as the map indicates.))

"Well lads, it seems we have a few options right now. Either we make some detours to see what the other sections have and clear them out, which would ensure we can't get flanked later and which might give us some useful knowledge and tools to fight this guy with, but which would slow us down and perhaps expose us to unnecessary risks.

Alternatively, we make a beeline for the section where he told us he would be waiting, section A, in which case we need to move to section N. If we do this I'll be sealing the doors of any flanking sections best I can, but as that rocket battering ram showed, that's no guarantee. And if depends on him not just lying to us, of course.

I think option 2 would be best, for the record."

He has an earpiece sewn in place, like the others. He has another memory stick in his pocket, but is otherwise unremarkable.

Pocket earpiece, then look at what is on the memory stick, same safety precautions as before.

[3] Yagyu discovers a few mechanical parts that might be used to patch up himself or Ji, though not enough for both and not enough to get Ji walking. But maybe enough to get her activated and using her one remaining arm while strapped to someone else for movement.

If Ji would like to be repaired (aka if Lup is still intent on posting) then donate the parts to him, and help with the repairs if necessary. If not use them on myself.
((Lup, just put it into your action if you'd like the parts to be used on Ji.))

Yagyu examines the clones. There are two "levels" of clones around here, full and partial. Partial are just body parts and organs in storage while full are full bodies. The full bodies are in cloning tubes and they've unfortunately been neglected and left to rot. The partial pieces are still intact though, so it might be possible to cobble together a Frankenstein body out of them, if all the pieces can be found.

Suppose we found enough pieces to cobble that body together, how would it work mechanically? Like a Full Body Bio-prosthetic?

Either way: if collecting those parts now would make them go bad by the end of the mission, then I'd like to put a standing order to have Yagyu collect them at the end of the mission (barring things like explosive escape sequences or spontaneous disintegration between now and then, mind). If not then just collect them right now.

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)
Yagyu takes the earpiece and checks the memory stick.  The stick contains the following text
BEND SPACE THOUGH THEY MIGHT, THEY COULD NOT BEND MY WILL.

Yagyu considers the fully biological body. It would work a lot like a bio-prosthetic he thinks, though a bit different. His "Brain" is being emulated on a computer core right now, so there will need to be some mechanical pieces in there to keep it functioning. Unless he were to 3d print a brain set, biochemically, to his current state.  Of course...thats not a transfer so much as it is a copy...

Never the less, he makes a mental note to come back here and collect everything he needs at the end.

Pathos continues speaking to Mr. Friend.

"Sadly, that could never be. I am a singular being, sovereign mind which shall abide no others. You would be come me, as all others do, either immediately or in time."

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1962 on: March 27, 2020, 03:10:41 pm »

((Whoops, forgot they are digital locks))
Does the lock have buttons or is it a card slot? If a card slot, go to various rooms and search for magnet cards, if buttons, go to various rooms and search for pieces of paper with numbers on them, hopefully passwords
« Last Edit: March 27, 2020, 04:34:09 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1963 on: March 27, 2020, 04:30:06 pm »

Ji gets repaired as much as possible. Which is...well she's completely conscious and can use her remaining arm.   As per who she's getting strapped to for locomotion...kinda up to her.

Maybe we could find something skateboard-like to put him on so he can drag himself around?

Spoiler: Something like this? (click to show/hide)

If yes, look for one of these so he is more independent. If not I can give him a ride for the time being.

Either way, seal of the doors to sectors U and P. Tightly.

Finally, look for the final parts needed to make that signal jammer.

Yagyu considers the fully biological body. It would work a lot like a bio-prosthetic he thinks, though a bit different. His "Brain" is being emulated on a computer core right now, so there will need to be some mechanical pieces in there to keep it functioning. Unless he were to 3d print a brain set, biochemically, to his current state.  Of course...thats not a transfer so much as it is a copy...

Could the necessary parts to make that connection be bought/made in-between missions, or do I need to find all those required mechanical pieces myself?

EDIT: Give Elen's sidearm to Ji, borrow his rifle and ammo unless anyone else needs it.

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 27, 2020, 05:55:38 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #1964 on: March 27, 2020, 05:53:08 pm »

Bat my eyelashes and see if anybody wouldn’t mind carrying around little ol’ me

Also, if Yagyu would let me borrow Ellen’s sidearm, that would be swell. I’ll replace any ammo expended afterwards, and somebody could borrow my rifle for now.

I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 334