Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 441816 times)

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Not good for the Insurance
« Reply #1965 on: March 28, 2020, 02:03:37 am »

OH I should probably hand over my laser. give that to the psycho dude who wants to, like, torture-kill derp over and over.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1966 on: March 28, 2020, 12:06:46 pm »

Maybe we could find something skateboard-like to put him on so he can drag himself around?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1967 on: March 28, 2020, 12:52:57 pm »

"This section sucks there's no loot!"
Go to the door for section N, and drag some desks out of one of the rooms so we have some cover to get behind incase anything tries to get us when the door opens.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

m1895

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1968 on: March 28, 2020, 06:18:15 pm »

follow whoever wherever
Spoiler: character sheet (click to show/hide)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: CrAzY tAxI~~~
« Reply #1969 on: March 29, 2020, 12:00:17 am »

Collect Ji.  Have her hang off Wilfred's back and look over his shoulder.  Yay cameradrone.

Also collect the laser from Toby, and question its stats and ammo and whatnot.  Nevermind, it's just a standard military grade laser.  Collect it all the same.

Actual action: Isolate this sector from the other sectors, as before.  I don't care that everything is mothballed, get it working just to isolate it if necessary.  And then look through internal logs for any tampering of any kind, see if there's any hints as to why this place is so clean and packaged.  It's very suspicious, considering Derp's general proclivity for leaving bodies laying around.

...Also, drop all weapons in a corner and tell Ji to apply electrical behavior correction if Wilfred stops muttering about murdering Derp.  And, continue the endless rant about murdering Derp.  Considering the theme of this segment, debate the possibility of selectively mummifying specific body parts, while keeping the rest alive, and whether or not this would be a more effective torture than traditional beatings.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Code: [Select]
Sight: Functioning (blindfold readied)
Smell: Nose plugs.
Hearing: Pathos' text-to-speech earplugs
Taste: Cutting out one's tongue seems like too much.  How are we gonna taste him without touching him, anyway?
Touch: Riot armor

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1970 on: March 29, 2020, 01:41:52 pm »

Follow along with Yagyu, stay out of his way and help out where I can with menial tasks or something. Also keep an eye out for shinies I can stuff inside my pockets.

Spoiler: Richter (click to show/hide)

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #1971 on: March 30, 2020, 03:36:55 pm »

I hope that switch doesn't to our deaths. Follow people going to new rooms.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1972 on: March 30, 2020, 05:13:40 pm »

"Sadly, that could never be. I am a singular being, sovereign mind which shall abide no others. You would be come me, as all others do, either immediately or in time."

That makes sense. Lack of genuine human interaction will turn anyone into an uncaring self-absorbed cynic. Except me. I'm awesome like that.

"Aww. That sounds kinda lonely. You know what you should do? You should get a pet. I once trapped a murderous artificial intelligence in a coffee pot. It was good company. Too bad it died (along with my previous body and that janitor). At least that asshole janitor's ghost still haunts me from time to time. He's cool."

Keep talking and helping with computer stuff like opening doors.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1973 on: March 31, 2020, 11:35:58 am »

"Sadly, that could never be. I am a singular being, sovereign mind which shall abide no others. You would be come me, as all others do, either immediately or in time."

That makes sense. Lack of genuine human interaction will turn anyone into an uncaring self-absorbed cynic. Except me. I'm awesome like that.

"Aww. That sounds kinda lonely. You know what you should do? You should get a pet. I once trapped a murderous artificial intelligence in a coffee pot. It was good company. Too bad it died (along with my previous body and that janitor). At least that asshole janitor's ghost still haunts me from time to time. He's cool."

Keep talking and helping with computer stuff like opening doors.

"Loneliness the extrovert's mask for boredom, and I believe it is something learned not innate. While I enjoy my interactions with people like you, these hypothetical real people whom I may never see, I don't require them."

Bat my eyelashes and see if anybody wouldn’t mind carrying around little ol’ me

Also, if Yagyu would let me borrow Ellen’s sidearm, that would be swell. I’ll replace any ammo expended afterwards, and somebody could borrow my rifle for now.

Spoiler: Ji (click to show/hide)
Collect Ji.  Have her hang off Wilfred's back and look over his shoulder.  Yay cameradrone.

Also collect the laser from Toby, and question its stats and ammo and whatnot.  Nevermind, it's just a standard military grade laser.  Collect it all the same.

Actual action: Isolate this sector from the other sectors, as before.  I don't care that everything is mothballed, get it working just to isolate it if necessary.  And then look through internal logs for any tampering of any kind, see if there's any hints as to why this place is so clean and packaged.  It's very suspicious, considering Derp's general proclivity for leaving bodies laying around.

...Also, drop all weapons in a corner and tell Ji to apply electrical behavior correction if Wilfred stops muttering about murdering Derp.  And, continue the endless rant about murdering Derp.  Considering the theme of this segment, debate the possibility of selectively mummifying specific body parts, while keeping the rest alive, and whether or not this would be a more effective torture than traditional beatings.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Code: [Select]
Sight: Functioning (blindfold readied)
Smell: Nose plugs.
Hearing: Pathos' text-to-speech earplugs
Taste: Cutting out one's tongue seems like too much.  How are we gonna taste him without touching him, anyway?
Touch: Riot armor
Ji and Wilfred, now in a sort of Master Blaster configuration, work to isolate the sector.
[4]
He gets the sector's power back on and immediately seals all the doors to the sector, putting them into admin level lockdown.   As soon as thats done, he opens the internal logs for the sector, accessing not only the command center logs but general admin and project logs.

The first log he checks is the one labeled "PROJECT TERMINATION". There is a list of reasons, which he skims through. He stops when he reaches number 6.

6. Excessive power draw from neighboring sectors
7. Faulty conduit system preventing power redirection and disconnection
8. Improper safety measures for a Phase Interface
9. Lack of adequate security team members following Incident 39A.

"I just turned the power back on didn't I?" Wilfred asks Ji, an a low tone.

Ji nods

"They wouldn't have left a HELL portal in the on position, right? I mean, that would be stupid."

Ji shrugs with one shoulder.

There is about 20 or so seconds of silence before the emergency lights flip on and a siren starts wailing. Wilfred holds his head in his hands and makes a long groaning noise.

Ji gets repaired as much as possible. Which is...well she's completely conscious and can use her remaining arm.   As per who she's getting strapped to for locomotion...kinda up to her.

Maybe we could find something skateboard-like to put him on so he can drag himself around?

Spoiler: Something like this? (click to show/hide)

If yes, look for one of these so he is more independent. If not I can give him a ride for the time being.

Either way, seal of the doors to sectors U and P. Tightly.

Finally, look for the final parts needed to make that signal jammer.

Yagyu considers the fully biological body. It would work a lot like a bio-prosthetic he thinks, though a bit different. His "Brain" is being emulated on a computer core right now, so there will need to be some mechanical pieces in there to keep it functioning. Unless he were to 3d print a brain set, biochemically, to his current state.  Of course...thats not a transfer so much as it is a copy...

Could the necessary parts to make that connection be bought/made in-between missions, or do I need to find all those required mechanical pieces myself?

EDIT: Give Elen's sidearm to Ji, borrow his rifle and ammo unless anyone else needs it.

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)
((They could be bought or found.))
[5]

Yagyu finds the pieces for his signal jammer! Unfortunately...

I hope that switch doesn't to our deaths. Follow people going to new rooms.
Follow along with Yagyu, stay out of his way and help out where I can with menial tasks or something. Also keep an eye out for shinies I can stuff inside my pockets.

Spoiler: Richter (click to show/hide)
follow whoever wherever
Spoiler: character sheet (click to show/hide)
OH I should probably hand over my laser. give that to the psycho dude who wants to, like, torture-kill derp over and over.
((Whoops, forgot they are digital locks))
Does the lock have buttons or is it a card slot? If a card slot, go to various rooms and search for magnet cards, if buttons, go to various rooms and search for pieces of paper with numbers on them, hopefully passwords

The lights turn on for a few seconds...and then almost immediately they switch into flashing red emergency mode.  Inhuman screams and other noises begin to echo down the hall and the sector vibrates like a struck bell.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Nostalgic.
« Reply #1974 on: March 31, 2020, 01:20:49 pm »

Well, this sounds bad. Do we get ready for combat or hide from whatever the emergency lights are warning about?

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #1975 on: March 31, 2020, 03:45:48 pm »

Shoot anything non-human that comes after Wilfred
Spoiler: Ji (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1976 on: March 31, 2020, 04:05:29 pm »

Look for somewhere dark to hide. While searching, try to avoid getting attacked, if an enemy is found, foam them and continue trying to find somewhere dark to hide. If I find a sufficiently dark area, such as a storage area or other small room, put on my blindfold and wait for silence. If an enemy also is hiding where I am, stab them with my knife
Run to N and goop/knife hostile entities
« Last Edit: April 02, 2020, 07:06:41 am by Naturegirl1999 »

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1977 on: March 31, 2020, 04:16:45 pm »

PTW

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]