Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 452010 times)

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Nostalgic.
« Reply #1980 on: March 31, 2020, 10:28:23 pm »

((Know what I think I'll join this heckfeast, here's a tool for the MAN.))

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 01, 2020, 02:57:40 pm by ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES »

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #1981 on: March 31, 2020, 11:25:34 pm »

Find some cover

m1895

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1982 on: April 01, 2020, 12:18:40 am »

(So uh, since the H.E.L.L. Portal might still be on sitting tight may just get us swarmed with an infinite hoard of demons. Unless of course Wilfred turns off the power again, but we still need to turn on the power eventually so we should move out to scrap the H.E.L.L. Portal.)

"Хуи, this is not the time to be wandering off, we need to be able to focus our fire on whatever made that noise"
Light up a flare in case the emergency lights go out, then be prepared to shoot anything that comes our way.
EDIT: my gun does fuckall damage so new priorities. Light up a flare and Keep any idiots from wandering off, if no idiots wander off then shoot demons.
Spoiler: character sheet (click to show/hide)
-Snip-
(Dude what's up with your stats? Dice upgrades go d4->d6->d8 etc.)
« Last Edit: April 01, 2020, 11:14:51 am by m1895 »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1983 on: April 01, 2020, 09:51:04 am »

"Oh what the fuck is going on now?"
Get into one of the side rooms and hunker down, and keep my gun at the ready to shoot anything that comes through the door.
CHANGED
« Last Edit: April 02, 2020, 04:06:57 am by King Zultan »
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1984 on: April 01, 2020, 10:27:38 am »

Regroup with the others if not there already. Goop any gribblies that need gooping. If there is some time before the baddies arrive, use my cable to set up a tripwire at the door/entrance to the room we're in to hopefully trip up baddies.

Consider wether we could selectively cut the power to the area with the hell portal, or if that wouldn't work and we need to go manually shut it off/destroy the portal.

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 01, 2020, 10:29:21 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

m1895

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1985 on: April 01, 2020, 11:10:54 am »

"Burt, now is not the time to be wandering off, we need to be able to focus fire on whatever made those noises"

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1986 on: April 01, 2020, 11:36:13 am »

(So uh, since the H.E.L.L. Portal might still be on sitting tight may just get us swarmed with an infinite hoard of demons. Unless of course Wilfred turns off the power again, but we still need to turn on the power eventually so we should move out to scrap the H.E.L.L. Portal.)

"Хуи, this is not the time to be wandering off, we need to be able to focus our fire on whatever made that noise"
Light up a flare in case the emergency lights go out, then be prepared to shoot anything that comes our way.
EDIT: my gun does fuckall damage so new priorities. Light up a flare and Keep any idiots from wandering off, if no idiots wander off then shoot demons.
-Snip-
(Sorry, fixed it)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: CrAzY tAxI~~~
« Reply #1987 on: April 01, 2020, 11:52:42 am »

"What?!  Why is there a hell portal here?  Fuck Derp, he deserves demons, but this is still dumb!  This is literally a core crossroads of the facility, what the--why would they leave it on?  Why are there no warnings?!  Oh, this is his fucking fault!  Fuck you, Derp!'

"...Okay, uh, team people, this is Wilfred.  Fuck Derp, he uh--he set a trap in the server room, yeah, and that kinda activated a hell portal.  It's not my fault, anyone would have tripped it.  I'm trying to shut it down, and I'm gonna try to open the doors.  I don't know if I can turn off the demons, I think running might be the best idea right now.  Quick vote guys, P, or N?  N is the only way to get to Derp normally, but then we'll be between a Derp and a hell place.  P, P we can close the doors behind us, leave the demons a path to Derp, then maybe, like, cut through the walls to get around them?  Yeah, uh, I'm assuming we're going with N unless someone takes charge.  Fuck Derp, he deserves a good facial degloving!"

Uh.  Uh.  I don't suppose "reopen the door to sector N, then turn the power off again" is an actual option here?  If it is, absolutely take that option.  If it isn't... put a cursory attempt towards disabling the hell portal remotely, but if it can't be done: open N, pick the guns back up, then start heading for the team and/or the hell portal, whichever is closer.  Start charging the laser, shoot demons if any are sighted.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Code: [Select]
Sight: Functioning (blindfold readied)
Smell: Nose plugs.
Hearing: Pathos' text-to-speech earplugs
Taste: Cutting out one's tongue seems like too much.  How are we gonna taste him without touching him, anyway?
Touch: Riot armor

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1988 on: April 01, 2020, 12:57:14 pm »

N, remember Mr Controller controls people who perceive him. Demons probably perceive. We do not want Mr Controller to have demons on his side

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1989 on: April 01, 2020, 01:18:43 pm »

"On the one hand, it would explain the portal to hell if they were testing that exact possibility.  If so, the fact that Derp chose to leave the portal off, when he should have had full knowledge of it and how to use it, implies that he can't control demons.  And I really want some demons to eat his face."

"...On the other hand, the possibility that he can is too terrifying to ignore.  Okay.  Everyone, either run to N, or run to the hell portal.  Unless I can turn it off, hunkering down will accomplish nothing--we'll either need to turn it off manually, or run the fuck away in a blind panic."

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1990 on: April 01, 2020, 01:54:05 pm »

agreed
((Action changed))

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1991 on: April 02, 2020, 04:08:30 am »

"Okay fine, I'll go die with everyone else."
Go to where everyone else is and keep my gun ready to kill anything that's hostile.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1992 on: April 03, 2020, 09:48:33 am »

"Oh no, they're here. They'll eat all of you. And then they'll eat me. Oh my goooooood."

Stick with Yagyu or another veteran. Stick with the main group at all times though, strength in number and all that. Keep an eye out for demons or other nasties. If hostile beings present themselves, attempt to shoot them with my pistol.

Spoiler: Richter (click to show/hide)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1993 on: April 03, 2020, 10:23:20 am »

See if there are any demon killing defences I could activate. Or some door I could close to trap them. Or maybe just lower the AC temperature so that it gets really cold and then the demons are uncomfortable so they give up and leave.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1994 on: April 03, 2020, 12:25:52 pm »

"What?!  Why is there a hell portal here?  Fuck Derp, he deserves demons, but this is still dumb!  This is literally a core crossroads of the facility, what the--why would they leave it on?  Why are there no warnings?!  Oh, this is his fucking fault!  Fuck you, Derp!'

"...Okay, uh, team people, this is Wilfred.  Fuck Derp, he uh--he set a trap in the server room, yeah, and that kinda activated a hell portal.  It's not my fault, anyone would have tripped it.  I'm trying to shut it down, and I'm gonna try to open the doors.  I don't know if I can turn off the demons, I think running might be the best idea right now.  Quick vote guys, P, or N?  N is the only way to get to Derp normally, but then we'll be between a Derp and a hell place.  P, P we can close the doors behind us, leave the demons a path to Derp, then maybe, like, cut through the walls to get around them?  Yeah, uh, I'm assuming we're going with N unless someone takes charge.  Fuck Derp, he deserves a good facial degloving!"

Uh.  Uh.  I don't suppose "reopen the door to sector N, then turn the power off again" is an actual option here?  If it is, absolutely take that option.  If it isn't... put a cursory attempt towards disabling the hell portal remotely, but if it can't be done: open N, pick the guns back up, then start heading for the team and/or the hell portal, whichever is closer.  Start charging the laser, shoot demons if any are sighted.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Code: [Select]
Sight: Functioning (blindfold readied)
Smell: Nose plugs.
Hearing: Pathos' text-to-speech earplugs
Taste: Cutting out one's tongue seems like too much.  How are we gonna taste him without touching him, anyway?
Touch: Riot armor
[8]
Wilfred quickly reopens the door to Sector N. However, when he attempts to completely shutdown power the control system gives him an error. Apparently the conduit system is stuck in the open position and can't be remotely closed. Attempts to turn off the hell portal are equally ineffectual. Oh well.

Wilfred picks up his guns and runs to join the rest of the team.

See if there are any demon killing defences I could activate. Or some door I could close to trap them. Or maybe just lower the AC temperature so that it gets really cold and then the demons are uncomfortable so they give up and leave.

[10]

Pathos plugs himself into the nearest wall jack and attempts to activate every security measure possible to slow or halt the demonic invasion. Somewhere deep in the sector the rapid staccato of gunfire echos against the metal walls.

"I've activated auto turrets, Bakelite infusion, nitrogen suffocation, emergency fire partitions, and set every helper android to full combat mode. According to the computer simulations I've bought....about a minute and a half."

Regroup with the others if not there already. Goop any gribblies that need gooping. If there is some time before the baddies arrive, use my cable to set up a tripwire at the door/entrance to the room we're in to hopefully trip up baddies.

Consider wether we could selectively cut the power to the area with the hell portal, or if that wouldn't work and we need to go manually shut it off/destroy the portal.

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)
Yagyu, because hope springs eternal, sets up a metal trip wire at the entrance to the hall leading to sector N.

And according to Wilfred, who has just made it back to the group, says the portal has to have its power cut manually. Well, the area might be able to be cut but the big issue is that the power to the portal is gonna keep flowing until someone physically forces the switch or cuts the cord.

Shoot anything non-human that comes after Wilfred
Spoiler: Ji (click to show/hide)
Find some cover

-Snip-
"Okay fine, I'll go die with everyone else."
Go to where everyone else is and keep my gun ready to kill anything that's hostile.
"Oh no, they're here. They'll eat all of you. And then they'll eat me. Oh my goooooood."

Stick with Yagyu or another veteran. Stick with the main group at all times though, strength in number and all that. Keep an eye out for demons or other nasties. If hostile beings present themselves, attempt to shoot them with my pistol.

Spoiler: Richter (click to show/hide)
The rest of the team forms a firing line, pointing every gun they've got down the hall and nervously waiting for the moment they might have to use it.  The screaming of the demons is somewhat drowned out by gunfire but it remains ever present and is only growing louder over time.

Look for somewhere dark to hide. While searching, try to avoid getting attacked, if an enemy is found, foam them and continue trying to find somewhere dark to hide. If I find a sufficiently dark area, such as a storage area or other small room, put on my blindfold and wait for silence. If an enemy also is hiding where I am, stab them with my knife
Run to N and goop/knife hostile entities

Tara, the door to N now no longer sealed, hits the open button.  The door grinds open and hundreds of gallons of water begins to pour out, as though she just opened a window in a submarine.

The entire team gets swept up in the massive wave of water and starts flowing down the hall like a giant water slide, tumbling end over end.

1 minute until defenses are breached.
Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 334