Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 149 150 [151] 152 153 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 441852 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: MOOK: Poot.
« Reply #2250 on: May 28, 2020, 05:33:32 am »

If I can try rolling tech again, do so.
Else or if the above fails, roll mechanics to try to manually bypass the lock to reach the controls.
Else or if the above fails, fall back to the traditional keypad opening method of trying numbers in order until something works.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: In a while, Crocodile.
« Reply #2251 on: May 28, 2020, 06:08:27 am »

At Pathos: "How about you patch the audio to me only at first, as a test, and if I stop talking about murdering the rat bastard we can do the whole team?  Dunno if you can do that without him catching on though, I'm just an idea guy.  Oh, another idea, this could backfire if he finds out we have audio protection, since in that case he doesn't already know."

Join the cardgame with the other security team members.  Mumble about murdering Derp slowly by use of card shuriken.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Code: [Select]
Sight: Functioning (blindfold readied)
Smell: Nose plugs.
Hearing: Pathos' text-to-speech earplugs
Taste: Cutting out one's tongue seems like too much.  How are we gonna taste him without touching him, anyway?
Touch: Riot armor

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2252 on: May 28, 2020, 07:30:24 am »

Private message to Yagyu, Wilfred and Ji
"Negotiations/banter/conversation present backup solution/strategic opportunity/alternate ending. Target requests I pipe/pass/transfer his unfiltered audio through our communication system in order to subvert our team and allow his escape. In exchange target will come meet us in phase gate room, were he believes I will attempt to transport him out of the facility. Target is unaware that our communication system has been designed to make such cascade failure impossible.
Suggestion: Pass filtered audio to team. Attempt to false flag/trick/bamboozle target into thinking he has control. Have him come to us to reduce losses/damage/wasted time.
Counterpoint: We are unaware of the full extent of his abilities. He may be able to figure out the ruse and become more aggressive.
Counter-counterpoint: By his own admission and by data we have retrieved, target is self-absorbed/narcissistic/solipsistic and lacks empathy/emotional intelligence/people skills. It is unlikely he will be able to anticipate our trickery or even imagine a world that does not evolve in the manner he desires.
Accept(Y/N)?"

"I'll be honest, while this plan sounds like it might help flush him out faster, it seems rather too high-risk to me, since if something goes wrong he could still gain control of some of us and wreak havoc. And wouldn't it be very easy for him to test out if he has control over us or not? For example, he could demand you to let one of the 'controlled' people speak over the radio for a moment during which he could send them the mental command to say a simple sequence out loud. Failure to produce this sequence would immediately give the game away.

I suppose, as long as we ensure we don't actually allow any unfiltered audio, it wouldn't hurt to let him think he's in control... But even then he could try to outplay us."

If mechanics is needed to open that box up, give a toolkit charge to mr. spider.

Either way, stay by the rope in overwatch (the other end is tied to something sturdy, right?).

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2253 on: May 31, 2020, 09:46:53 am »

Stay in overwatch for possible hostiles while the smart cookies figure out our way forward

Spoiler: Richter (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2254 on: May 31, 2020, 10:30:02 am »

Kenneth shoots a thumbs up and proceeds to hum Cotton Eye Joe to distract himself from the agonizing pain in the flayed mess that once was his moneymaker as he waits for something to happen.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

*PFFFFT PFFPT PPFFT PFFFFFT*

Kenneth makes a sound that's probably supposed to be whistling. Probably.

Follow Kenneth to make sure he doesn’t hit anything while walking around
Code: (Sense Dampeners/Blockers) [Select]
Sight:blindfold
Smell: Isolation Suit
Hearing:Earplugs
Taste:Isolation Suit
Touch:Human Flesh Gloves, Isolation Suit
"Could you please stop trying to whistle? You're just gonna reopen those wounds. You don't even have lips!"

Search the area for loot while other people do important things.
[4] Despite the dead fish obscuring his vision, BB manages to discover a med kit!

At Pathos: "How about you patch the audio to me only at first, as a test, and if I stop talking about murdering the rat bastard we can do the whole team?  Dunno if you can do that without him catching on though, I'm just an idea guy.  Oh, another idea, this could backfire if he finds out we have audio protection, since in that case he doesn't already know."

Join the cardgame with the other security team members.  Mumble about murdering Derp slowly by use of card shuriken.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Code: [Select]
Sight: Functioning (blindfold readied)
Smell: Nose plugs.
Hearing: Pathos' text-to-speech earplugs
Taste: Cutting out one's tongue seems like too much.  How are we gonna taste him without touching him, anyway?
Touch: Riot armor

"Ya got any knives?"

"Do you even know how this game is played?"

"Of course....got any....Phase plasma rifles in the 40 watt range?"

'...Go fish."

Stay in overwatch for possible hostiles while the smart cookies figure out our way forward

Spoiler: Richter (click to show/hide)
Richter hunkers down and...watches. Watches really hard.

If I can try rolling tech again, do so.
Else or if the above fails, roll mechanics to try to manually bypass the lock to reach the controls.
Else or if the above fails, fall back to the traditional keypad opening method of trying numbers in order until something works.

[3][2][5]
It takes a while (and a tool box charge) but Pathos manages to get the box open. He presses a few buttons and up above the entire section groans and begins to descend. At the rate its going, it looks like they'll have maybe...10 or so minutes before it shows up.

Private message to Yagyu, Wilfred and Ji
"Negotiations/banter/conversation present backup solution/strategic opportunity/alternate ending. Target requests I pipe/pass/transfer his unfiltered audio through our communication system in order to subvert our team and allow his escape. In exchange target will come meet us in phase gate room, were he believes I will attempt to transport him out of the facility. Target is unaware that our communication system has been designed to make such cascade failure impossible.
Suggestion: Pass filtered audio to team. Attempt to false flag/trick/bamboozle target into thinking he has control. Have him come to us to reduce losses/damage/wasted time.
Counterpoint: We are unaware of the full extent of his abilities. He may be able to figure out the ruse and become more aggressive.
Counter-counterpoint: By his own admission and by data we have retrieved, target is self-absorbed/narcissistic/solipsistic and lacks empathy/emotional intelligence/people skills. It is unlikely he will be able to anticipate our trickery or even imagine a world that does not evolve in the manner he desires.
Accept(Y/N)?"

"I'll be honest, while this plan sounds like it might help flush him out faster, it seems rather too high-risk to me, since if something goes wrong he could still gain control of some of us and wreak havoc. And wouldn't it be very easy for him to test out if he has control over us or not? For example, he could demand you to let one of the 'controlled' people speak over the radio for a moment during which he could send them the mental command to say a simple sequence out loud. Failure to produce this sequence would immediately give the game away.

I suppose, as long as we ensure we don't actually allow any unfiltered audio, it wouldn't hurt to let him think he's in control... But even then he could try to outplay us."

If mechanics is needed to open that box up, give a toolkit charge to mr. spider.

Either way, stay by the rope in overwatch (the other end is tied to something sturdy, right?).

You reel in the helpful spider and pat its...head like thing.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: MOOK: Elevator Music
« Reply #2255 on: May 31, 2020, 10:36:44 am »

*horrifying adorable spider noises*

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2256 on: May 31, 2020, 11:43:13 am »

You reel in the helpful spider and pat its...head like thing.
*horrifying adorable spider noises*

"Who's a good spider? You're a good spider! You are! Good boy!"

Lightly weld shut the door to the sector that is descending, so that at least if there's something nasty on the other side it won't immediately jump us.

Then use whatever remaining time on either creating/finding some decent cover with view on that door.

Once the sector is down, if nothing starts bashing the doors in, then see if the scanner picks up anything (eg. any faint audio coming through). If nothing. open up the door again and check just beyond.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: THY FLESH CONSUMED
« Reply #2257 on: May 31, 2020, 12:00:04 pm »

Start chuffing at the crew members for snacks. Open mouth, look hungry.
Spoiler: Can We Fix It? (click to show/hide)

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: THY FLESH CONSUMED
« Reply #2258 on: May 31, 2020, 12:03:17 pm »

Start chuffing at the crew members for snacks. Open mouth, look hungry.
Spoiler: Can We Fix It? (click to show/hide)
Kenneth throws the remains of the mollusk and his face towards Bob, poor guy must have one of these weird pallets Kenneth heard about.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2020, 01:22:21 am by ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2259 on: May 31, 2020, 01:39:45 pm »

Give the gator the barbecue ribs and one of the dead fish
Code: (Sense Dampeners/Blockers) [Select]
Sight:blindfold
Smell: Isolation Suit
Hearing:Earplugs
Taste:Isolation Suit
Touch:Human Flesh Gloves, Isolation Suit

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #2260 on: May 31, 2020, 01:57:10 pm »

Get ready to shoot anything nasty that comes through the door.
Spoiler: Ji (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #2261 on: May 31, 2020, 01:59:42 pm »

Keep playing goldfish until the section is fully lowered.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2262 on: May 31, 2020, 07:27:07 pm »

"I am sorry. I tried discussing the matter with people I thought I could trust, but they thought I had been compromised and disabled me. They are probably going to find the transmitter I'm using soon. I suppose we shall continue following your original game plan for the time being. Until we meet again."

Conclude negotiations. Activate jammer.

Climb on Kenneth's face and whistle for him.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2263 on: June 01, 2020, 06:39:23 am »

Go kick some trashcans over while I wait the next section to come down.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

MemesItIs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2264 on: June 02, 2020, 01:01:45 am »

Spoiler: Helene Hestia (click to show/hide)

"ok we are building harness for a spider? a spider they can climb up wall and shite why are we building a harness- i will help I'm a mechanic i do good job...wierd spider need harness bad weak metal  spider spiders normaly good keep pest away normily i like spider had pet spider called him Wander shame he dead."

Heleen is swaying her arms as she speaks and sounds exasperated  and beams with pride of her profesion  .

Helene helps construct the harness remaining vigilant .
Pages: 1 ... 149 150 [151] 152 153 ... 334