Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 173 174 [175] 176 177 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 453010 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Fire Walk With Me
« Reply #2610 on: September 21, 2020, 04:32:03 pm »

"Hi, big amphibibian! How many vertebrae do you have?"
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2611 on: September 21, 2020, 05:02:30 pm »

Larry approaches the newcomer cautiously, all of his nine eyes looking deep into his soul, his face not betraying an ounce of emotion. The awkward staredown is broken when Larry takes a taste of EEED, licking him with the appendage on his mouth that looks like a tongue but somehow even more evil looking. It feels like sandpaper rubbing against his skin but with some brimstone mixed in.

"Presentation is fine, but the banter leaves much to be desired. Too aromatic...  the taste is oakey... With an undertone of a mother's sorrow and a hint of peanuts. I'd give it a 8/10. I can't understand why they'd discontinued you guys, your meatsuit potential seemed decent enough. Oh well, that's 3D life forms-I mean executives for you."

Now that he has acquired a taste of the situation. Larry pokes the plants with his stick using his ghost hand. If it doesn't try to eat his ghost hand or stick then he'll feed it to Bob like noodles.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2612 on: September 21, 2020, 05:26:21 pm »

EEED's soul, while mostly ordinary, is utterly void of most forms of more complex desire. He has the capacity to ponder, to worry and want, but just ... doesn't. Even thought doesn't seem to enter his eyes before he does anything - he's the philosophical and mental equivalent of a plastic bag drifting through the wind.

He ponders the aberration that is Larry. "Are you aware that your flesh is rippling? This indicates built-up tension from unhealthy living habits! I will address this for you."

Larry has been added to the patient list.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2613 on: September 21, 2020, 06:04:48 pm »

"I suspect magic beans. All in favor of burning it all?"

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2614 on: September 21, 2020, 11:05:53 pm »

We’re flammable, plus, who knows, maybe some of the plants here can be used to make medicines or something

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2615 on: September 22, 2020, 03:25:13 am »

"Who cares about medicine, BURN all this green shit down!"
Grab the box of protein bars, then look around the new sector and see if there is any loot.
Spoiler: Dead man walking (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2616 on: September 22, 2020, 05:46:48 pm »

Be on the lookout for giant mosquitoes.
"Hm. I should get a grappling hook and a net. Or some sort of thread extruder. That way I'll be able to catch giant mosquitoes and eat them."

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2617 on: September 22, 2020, 06:26:42 pm »

"I'm not really a fan of nature."

Make sure my disposable space suit is sealed to prevent the possibility of allergens or gross nature smells from getting near my facial orifices.

Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2618 on: September 23, 2020, 08:24:16 am »

"I have no particular objections to burning things, but we might accidentally damage something important or which we'll need, so maybe just hold off until we find a good reason to? But yes, if this place turns out to be filled with giant mutant space wasps, we can burn it all down."

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2619 on: September 23, 2020, 10:23:20 am »

Stick with Yagyu for now. Look around this jungle environment to see if I spot anything interesting I can snack on that would please symbiote-chan.

Spoiler: Richter (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2620 on: September 24, 2020, 11:14:39 am »

Gurgle at EEED from the pool. If he does not provide snacks, thrash ominously.
Spoiler: Oh Buoy (click to show/hide)
Somewhere in the previous sector Bob grumbles and thrashes. Sadly no one can hear or see him as he is quite far away from them and underwater and behind at least 2 closed doors.  Unfortunate.

Code: (senses and blocking of them) [Select]
Sight: Blindfold
Smell: Isolation Suit, Sensory Deprivation Suit
Hearing:Text to Speech Earplugs, Sensory Deprivation Suit
Taste:Isolation Suit, Sensory Deprivation Suit
Touch:Human Flesh Gloves, Isolation Suit, Sensory Deprivation Suit
Explore the plant filled sector, search for interesting specimens, hopefully don’t get killed in the process
Poke the grass and trees a bit with whatever poking stick I have on hand (scrounge one from the previous sector if needed). If the grass doesn't retaliate then explore the sector, looking for the door to the next sector and any interesting/valuable doodads along the way. Use my scanner to hopefully detect gribblies hidden in the grass or airborne toxins or other shenanigans before they can harm or impede us.

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)
Forge ahead and look for the door. Keep a suspicious eye on the plants with my rifle ready.
Spoiler: JiBot (click to show/hide)
EEED walks out from among the group of survivors in the last room, though it's unclear if he was there the whole time or if he just caught up to the group somehow. "Hello, soon-to-be valued friends! I am EEED, and I am here to assist all your spinal health needs! I also offer musculature rehabilitation services, acupuncture therapy, and a sympathetic ear to relieve mental stress! Please note that any violation of my terms of service will result in denial of treatment."

Having spoken up until now in a smooth baritone that's clearly rehearsed or imprinted in some way, he continues in a voice that sounds like he's not quite sure how to move his mouth into the shape of words. "Any of yous back hurty? I fix, okay? Okay."

Find people suffering from poor health! Fix with spinal adjustment. This includes Larry, who clearly needs treatment of some sort. If no other patients found, defer to whoever seems in charge here.

Spoiler: EEED (click to show/hide)
Larry approaches the newcomer cautiously, all of his nine eyes looking deep into his soul, his face not betraying an ounce of emotion. The awkward staredown is broken when Larry takes a taste of EEED, licking him with the appendage on his mouth that looks like a tongue but somehow even more evil looking. It feels like sandpaper rubbing against his skin but with some brimstone mixed in.

"Presentation is fine, but the banter leaves much to be desired. Too aromatic...  the taste is oakey... With an undertone of a mother's sorrow and a hint of peanuts. I'd give it a 8/10. I can't understand why they'd discontinued you guys, your meatsuit potential seemed decent enough. Oh well, that's 3D life forms-I mean executives for you."

Now that he has acquired a taste of the situation. Larry pokes the plants with his stick using his ghost hand. If it doesn't try to eat his ghost hand or stick then he'll feed it to Bob like noodles.
"Who cares about medicine, BURN all this green shit down!"
Grab the box of protein bars, then look around the new sector and see if there is any loot.
Spoiler: Dead man walking (click to show/hide)
Be on the lookout for giant mosquitoes.
"Hm. I should get a grappling hook and a net. Or some sort of thread extruder. That way I'll be able to catch giant mosquitoes and eat them."

"I'm not really a fan of nature."

Make sure my disposable space suit is sealed to prevent the possibility of allergens or gross nature smells from getting near my facial orifices.

Stick with Yagyu for now. Look around this jungle environment to see if I spot anything interesting I can snack on that would please symbiote-chan.

Spoiler: Richter (click to show/hide)

The team, some in space suits, others with with poking sticks, and still others with complete disregard for their own safety, spread out.  Larry gets immediately put in a "therapeutic headlock" by the newly arrived EEED.

"DO NOT BE ALARMED YOU ARE SUFFERING FROM EITHER DEMONIC POSESSION OR A SLIPPED DISC." EEED screams directly into Larry's face as he wrestles him to the ground and begins folding Larry like a pretzel.

Meanwhile, after a few good stick pokes and cautious tip toeing the group decides that these plants are not an immediate deadly risk and proceed to explore the sector.  The discover that the reason this place feels like a greenhouse is because the majority of the sector's area is made up of large open rooms that seem to function as hot houses for speeding plant growth. The hot houses are open now and they seem to be working overtime to force the entire sector to reflect their programmed climates.  The non-hot house areas are laboratories focused around botany and storage of samples. Well that and a rather large pile of bags of nitrogen based  fertilizer.   Examination of the plants shows something rather odd. Initially it looked like this sector was simply abandoned and had begun to decay and return to nature, as it were. But closer examination shows that the decay and "rust" are actually the result of the plants themselves. They appear to be leeching off of or feeding upon the metal: their roots are literally piercing through it and rusting it away. Curious. Perhaps the electronic records of the experiments done here will explain it.

The more...mercantile minded of the murder ball search for valuables.  They don't find anything that looks...particularly valuable. Sure there's some laboratory equipment here that might cost literally millions of OMNI but its quite large, would probably need a very specific buyer, and the management might get very annoyed about security forces dragging a gene splicer out of the quarantine zone and trying to sell it to some guy by the vending machines.

The door out of the area is found fairly easily, though the area around it is dense with fungi and moss by the look of it and the door's electronic locks and...well all the electronics in the area appear to be completely non-functional.

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2621 on: September 24, 2020, 02:01:23 pm »

"Demonic possession? Man, for a souless product made by some Omnitech ripoff you sure are a funny guy. Me? Possesed? Is it because of the eyes because that's like, really really racist of you good sir." Larry says before literally slipping through EEED's fingers like pizza dough escaping from their natural predator, the Italian. He also noticed there' another door. Neat.

Punch door with mind ghost magic man again. Maybe Larry should a taken a course in door breaking instead of plane eating in normal human college since he's so good at it.

« Last Edit: September 24, 2020, 05:49:10 pm by ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Hello~
« Reply #2622 on: September 24, 2020, 04:16:13 pm »

Pool. Bob.
Spoiler: Oh Buoy (click to show/hide)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2623 on: September 24, 2020, 04:42:37 pm »

Check the computers to find out where they stored all their super weed! Also look at what else they were experimenting with here, I guess.

Oh, also, what's the stat/skill for turning all that nitrogen into bombs? Mechanic? Explosive? Knowledge? Assuming it's possible to do so, of course.

I am a man spider of simple pleasures: all I need is drugs and high explosives.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2624 on: September 24, 2020, 05:05:38 pm »

Take a look at those bags, is it the right type of fertilizer to create an explosive with? If yes, anything in this sector that could be used for the fuel part? And anything that could be repurposed/tinkered into a detonator?

Slice open the door to the next sector if necessary, but be careful not to disturb or torch any of the strange plants.
EDIT: and maybe tell that new guy not to use his high powered cleaning apparatus on the door and maybe turn the plants against us!

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 27, 2020, 06:33:54 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.
Pages: 1 ... 173 174 [175] 176 177 ... 334