Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 189 190 [191] 192 193 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 452740 times)

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: From Beyond- Tim
« Reply #2850 on: November 25, 2020, 02:14:23 pm »

Tim pops in to bring sudden Fire to Bob.
((A Tim from other games? You can make a character sheet and start as like a fire spirit or something, we do have someone possessed by a demon and someone possessed by a symbiote. Also plz don’t set fire to teammates))
((Had. They're slime now. But yeah make a sheet Tric, preferably an Occult boy seeing as we're out of those.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: MOOK: From Beyond
« Reply #2851 on: November 25, 2020, 03:26:44 pm »

"I didn't find it, I made it. With my own two hands, some analgesics and what I'm pretty sure are asbestos."

Give Yagyu the gas, back away from the door, and search for any more nifty chemicals or things that can be useful later on. Like, say, a gas mask, some bleach, and a little ammonia. 

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
[5]
Sam discovers the chemicals she was searching for! No way this will go horribly wrong!

Pathos raises his front legs in the spider equivalent of a shrug and begins working on helping Yagyu with his plan of half-closing the door and stopping the fans while complaining about the lack of respect for the working spiderdroid genius.

"Pathos, open the door. Pathos, close the door." Pathos mimed.
"You know just because I have motion sensors that does not mean I'm a OMNImarket door that should open whenever you wave your hands."

Speaking to his teammates either in person or over the radio to try and make sure the cultists inside can't hear him, Yagyu starts his yapping.
"Bob, from one technician to another, I am in awe of your skill at percussive maintenance. However, I would ask if you could please, just, not for a moment. Just don't, allright? Maybe help me with piping the sleeping gas into the room instead? I'll get you a nice snack in return later on.

Sam, great job on finding that sleeping gas. I think we can use this to put the peeps in there to sleep and process them in a controlled fashion.

Pathos, could you perhaps help me with the door, or maybe shut off the ventilation in that surgical suite so we can knock those people out more easily?

Wil, your idea has a good core but I'd rather not start indiscriminately killing people if possible. Also going into that room without these blokes being incapacitated seems rather dangerous if they retaliate. But hey, seeing as how the effect of our target always happens, and that this induces a noticeable effect in the target's brain and general demeanor, and we are in a medical sector... Well, I'm thinking we could tie someone down to a scanner, and show them full speed camera footage that someone with proper countermeasures takes to figure out who it is, if he is indeed among this group. Either way, we need to pacify these fools first.

EEED, could you help me with something? I have little medical knowledge, but I do know overdoing that stuff is dangerous, so could you monitor them while we pipe in the gas so we know when to stop? I'll stream the footage at reduced framerate for you.

Also, guys, I am starting to think he may have distributed himself among these victims somehow if his spiel about 'communion' is anything to go by. Or maybe he meant something else, who even knows with these cryptic weirdos. Bah, this fucker is a handful."

Close the door until it is only a little bit open. Then lock it in that position, via software or mechanically (toolkit charge if second). Then search for something that we can use to close off most of the rest of the gap, except for a hole where we can pipe the sleeping gas through, and a peeking hole.

Then shoo away from the door fleshy teammates without an appropriate suit so they won't get knocked out, and start piping in the knockout gas (if we need to build some sort of contraption to do this, use toolkit charge).

Film through he gap with the scanner (reduced framerate so it's safe) and stream that footage to someone medically inclined so they can monitor the 'patients' and tell us when to stop.

Should the peeps inside the room attack us before we can put our plan into motion, then back the fuck up and stick 'em to the floor with liberal application of sticky goop. Try to create a bottleneck at the doorway.

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)

[3][5]
After messing with the controls for several moments Yagyu manages to get the doors to close most of the way and lock into place. That done, he takes the cylinder of sleeping gas, wedges the end against the door and opens it. He streams video of the room to the rest of the team in hopes that someone- anyone -will tell him when to stop.

"I'm not qualified to administer anesthetic. I don't think I'm qualified to do anything anymore, honestly."

Ed considers the tangible negative effects of the sensory deprivation suit to situational awareness.

Surely the 0.2FPS refresh rate makes difficult to notice things. Possible to completely miss something that doesn't stay in our field of view for a full 5 seconds. Impossible to notice a bit of movement out of the corner of your eye because everything is a still image. Even difficult to use hand signals or other non-verbal communications. Difficult to adjust aim on guns too.

The speech to text to speech surely makes it difficult to pick up on footsteps  and other audio clues. Makes it impossible to discern tone of voice or tell who's talking.

Knowing this, Ed keeps watch for sneaky Derps or invisible lizards or anything else.

Importantly, he gets out of his laundry cart before Tara decides to use it as a battering ram. He takes out his much neglected omni-eye camera and films the results. Then he realizes approximately 5 seconds later that his camera is still set to spooky grainy VHS mode.

He also lends his hammer to Tara, cause why the hell not. Ed's really busy this turn. Really making himself useful.

1. Yes, 1 frame every 5 seconds does make it quite hard to do...most things honestly! Everyone has been flipping it on and off as needed or they THINK its needed. If they ever get into a fight when they need to have it on...oooh boy thats gonna be bad.

2. The audio program actually does provide subtitles for noises. Though sometimes it takes liberties. When whats his face  got his skeleton punched out the subtitle was [punching guacamole and screaming]

3. Ed watches, films, leaves carts and lends hammers. Generally keeps busy.

"Very well, fellow employee Yagyu! May I also recommend in my professional capacity that you undergo a name change? Not one but two y letters in your name renders you dangerously vulnerable to the insidious influence of the Enemy."

EEED's eyes brighten as he realizes that with the door open and Derp able to hear him, another potential convert is ripe for the taking!

"Mr. Derp! I am currently assisting a teammate with an important medical procedure, and so I cannot meet with you directly at the moment. However, you are like me - blessed with the two sacred letters, merely in reverse order! The time is surely ripe for you to reverse-realign your configuration and achieve true actualization! Allow me to explain to you the benefits to joining the Cult of ED. Firstly..."

Assist Yagyu in making sure whoever he's gassing is being put to sleep safely and not killed, like a non-necrophilic dentist. While I'm doing so, preach incessantly at Derp about why he should consider becoming one with ED. You get self-esteem benefits! Posture problems, gone! Spiritual alignment! Moral integrity! A 5-credit gift card to Space Denny's! A permanent, irreversible connection with an all-seeing, all-knowing entity from beyond the bounds of this fragile reality, who desires nothing more than to envelop all of us in his being of eternal bliss and self-knowledge, and to destroy all that which is unholy and belonging to WV! A cool extracurricular group to hang out with your pals at! Complimentary hand towlettes! All this and more, call the number on your screen now!

Spoiler: EEED (click to show/hide)
[10]
"SLOW! INEFFICENT! NOT SPINE BASED!"

EEED shoulders past Yagyu, grabs the sleeping gas canister, and proceeds to slip through the crack in the door and into the room. One by one he smacks the kneeling people upside the head with it, knocking them out.

"THE HEAD IS PART OF THE SPINE. FIGHT ME."

[1] He makes it through...maybe 20% of the people before stumbling, shouting something incoherent and then passing out from the sleeping gas.

Defend Yagyu if things get hairy. Aim for non-lethal areas.
Spoiler: JiBot (click to show/hide)

Ji watches EEED pass out. She leans over to Yagyu and whispers "Should I have stopped him at some point?"

Waddle quickly through the door and immediately demand snacks from whoever was speaking, unless Yagyu got the door mostly closed before Bob could get through, in which case, just follow Yagyu around demanding snacks (even though Bob probably isn't actually hungry), and assisting with whatever mechanical situation is dropped in front of Bob.

Spoiler: Bob (click to show/hide)
Bob waddles over to Yagyu and begins thumping his tail on the ground, stomping all 4 feet in turn, and grumbling while opening his mouth in a meaningful fashion.

"No need to introduce yourself. Your name's printed on your jumpsuit, and no one cares. My names Ed by the way. By the way, you do actually have a blowtorch. Your sealing kit is one, it works almost as good for unsealing doors. Don't star at the pretty flame for too long. You can even borrow my hammer if you want, if you can figure out which end to hold it by."
Oh, yes please give me the hammer, I have a blindfold on as well as the suit, but I’ll turn my head either way
Code: (senses and blocking of them) [Select]
Sight: Blindfold
Smell: Isolation Suit, Sensory Deprivation Suit
Hearing:Text to Speech Earplugs, Sensory Deprivation Suit
Taste:Isolation Suit, Sensory Deprivation Suit
Touch:Human Flesh Gloves, Isolation Suit, Sensory Deprivation Suit
Use my blowtorch to melt the door open
[2] Tara attempts to cut the door open with her torch but despite her hacking several glowing gashing into the metal the door remains closed.

"I'm not sure if I'm needed for whats going on so I'm just going to stay out of the way."
Stay away from the door and sit waiting for when I'm needed.
Spoiler: Dead man walking (click to show/hide)
Burt waits.

Most of the people in the surgical theater appear to have passed out by this point, either from the gas or the repeated blows to the head. The voice however, keeps going.
Even I am still not fully aware of the power this new capacity provides. It is limited though, for obvious reasons. However I have enlisted the aid of these former captors and torturers of mine to test the limits of what is possible. They took a great deal from me, so I will take it back and then some. Perhaps their meager offerings will prove fruitful, in the end.

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2852 on: November 25, 2020, 03:35:30 pm »

Sam will put on the gas mask and get to making a war crime grenade.

« Last Edit: November 25, 2020, 03:37:46 pm by ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2853 on: November 25, 2020, 03:39:42 pm »

"So he has them drink his blood or something? I hope it's his blood and not something... weirder."

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2854 on: November 25, 2020, 03:42:36 pm »

"... You know what, that could have gone worse than it did, all in all."

Wait a bit longer until everyone seems out of it, while we wait throw fish and pudding at Bob to keep him pacified. Then give my lethal weapons to Pathos (or another not-fully-insane teammate) but keep the goop thrower, go inside and start gooping people inside to the floor. DO NOT goop the face, just the feet and maybe the hands if possible. Start from the doorway and work my way to the end of the room slowly and carefully. I'm willing to use a lot of goop for this, I have 3 full tanks in total. Make sure not to get within striking/lunging distance of anyone that hasn't been gooped yet.

Should that work, grab the sleeping gas canister and shut it off so we don't overdose them, and hope that someone will help me turn on the ventilation again. Oh, and drag Edboy outta there.

"So he has them drink his blood or something? I hope it's his blood and not something... weirder."

"I honestly don't know. Maybe he had parts of himself inserted into these people or something."

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 25, 2020, 04:29:28 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2855 on: November 25, 2020, 03:47:47 pm »

"Don't worry, they won't die...today, their lungs are going to look like an elephant's foot in two months, hell I think they might even crawl out, as in literally crawl out, I used some fucked up stuff to make this gas."

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2856 on: November 25, 2020, 03:51:37 pm »

"How do you expect me to carry all these junk? I'm the brains of this operation dammit, not the brawn!" Pathos complained and shook his spider fist angrily while struggling under the weight of several dead characters' worth of inventory.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2857 on: November 25, 2020, 04:34:14 pm »

Ed stands next to Burt and does what he does best, which is nothing.

"How does Yagyu even carry all that stuff anyway?"
Ed tries really hard to figure out how Yagyu actually carries his stuff. Does he have some internal storage space in his robot body? An cart painted with invisibility paint? Some sort of magitech bag of holding? Someone trying to carry an entire squads worth of stuff should at least have more than d4 strength!

"Hey Tara, good job weakening the door. Now try the cart ram!"

« Last Edit: November 26, 2020, 12:20:46 am by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2858 on: November 25, 2020, 05:04:13 pm »

((For the record, till now I've played it as Yagyu dragging it along in a cart or something, every time I asked pw about it he was fine with it. PW, if you change your mind about this let me know and I'll handle it differently, like explicitly looting a big cart or turning the braindeads into pack mules. :p ))

"How do you expect me to carry all these junk? I'm the brains of this operation dammit, not the brawn!" Pathos complained and shook his spider fist angrily while struggling under the weight of several dead characters' worth of inventory.

"Look, you don't have to drag it around, just sit on top of it and pretend you're a dragon or whatever. Just don't let people steal from it!"
« Last Edit: November 25, 2020, 05:27:57 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2859 on: November 25, 2020, 05:47:57 pm »

(You can borrow Ed's laundry hamper, after Tara's done ramming it into doors. It's a cart. It has wheels. It can carry things.)
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2860 on: November 25, 2020, 06:41:40 pm »

Sleep and dream happy chiropractic dreams. Maybe engage in communion with the god I made up five minutes ago. Or have the delusion of doing so due to the gas, either way.

Spoiler: EEED (click to show/hide)
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2861 on: November 25, 2020, 08:04:45 pm »

"Fuck Derp, fuck Derp, fuck Derp, fuck Derp, fuck Derp--bring the guns to me, Pathos.  I won't shoot you, and I have the body to carry an armory with me.  We hacker robots need to stick together, you know!  Also, I'm obviously the safest person to leave guns with, I'm least likely to get controlled.  Fuck Derp, fuck Derp, fuck Derp, fuck Derp, fuck Derp..."

Continue chanting "Fuck Derp" incessantly.  And don't shoot Pathos if he comes into Wilfred's closet.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2862 on: November 25, 2020, 10:04:16 pm »

Code: (senses and blocking of them) [Select]
Sight: Blindfold
Smell: Isolation Suit, Sensory Deprivation Suit
Hearing:Text to Speech Earplugs, Sensory Deprivation Suit
Taste:Isolation Suit, Sensory Deprivation Suit
Touch:Human Flesh Gloves, Isolation Suit, Sensory Deprivation Suit
Give hammer back to Ed, then ram laundry basket into Sector A door

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #2863 on: November 26, 2020, 12:24:32 am »

Guard Yagyu incase anyone tries anything. And help get Eeed outa there.
Spoiler: JiBot (click to show/hide)

I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2864 on: November 26, 2020, 03:54:36 am »

"Since I'm not currently needed I'm gonna loot the place!"
Search around everywhere except the room full of knocked out people for any kind of loot.
Spoiler: Dead man walking (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?
Pages: 1 ... 189 190 [191] 192 193 ... 334