Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 220 221 [222] 223 224 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 452428 times)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Detroit has a beach
« Reply #3315 on: February 26, 2021, 09:47:55 am »

Use level-up to bring Fate d4>d8
And Tech d8>d12

Buy cognition copier for 400
Upgrade Pushbot for 400 as discussed (guns, melee, and hands for 400)
Then go and inititiate The Plan so I can join the upcoming mission

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 26, 2021, 09:51:34 am by Pancaek »

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: The Shocker
« Reply #3316 on: February 26, 2021, 12:49:27 pm »

Purchase an OMNITECH Armoured Space Suit for 600 omni.
Purchase a OMNITECH Civil Unrest Shield for 300 omni.
Purchase a OMNITECH Passive Personal Shield Generator for 400 Omni.
Purchase a OMNITECH Analog Hand for 5 omni.
Purchase a OMNITECH “Omni-fun” VR system for 15 omni.
Purchase a OMNITECH Mental Purgant for 350 omni.
Purchase a OMNITECH Medkit for 200 omni.
Purchase a OMNITECH Laser trip sensor for 25 omni.
Purchase a OMNITECH Motion sensor for 25 omni.
Total 1920 omni.

Examine the armoured space suit.
Examine the civil unrest shield.
Examine the passive personal shield generator.
Examine the analog hand.
Examine the omni-fun vr system.
Examine the mental purgant.
Examine the medkit.
Examine the laser trip sensor.
Examine the motion sensor.

Spoiler: Edward (click to show/hide)
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3317 on: February 27, 2021, 09:16:27 am »

1 lvl in guns, 1 lvl in tech please.

Also sell the OMNITECH “Painaway” Painkillers.

For those bodyparts, can we say we'll store them in a freezer somewhere?

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 27, 2021, 09:19:38 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3318 on: February 27, 2021, 11:20:12 am »

((Your life dice is wrong. Also change that description already ya big lug))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3319 on: February 27, 2021, 11:56:23 pm »

Thanks. I see now. Sorry about that.

I think I'll take out a 500 OMNI loan from the shark. Buy a ceremonial knife, EMP grenade, and an OMNITECH placed charge.
Alright. Make sure to mark it down on your sheet.

I guess I'll level up speech twice and then I'm ready to go. It's fun being the only one skilled with something. Also, I could team up with EEED and help him with proselytizing.

Edit: Use spray paint to make Bob's spider look prettier and/or more intimidating. Maybe paint some TRON lines on it with the glow paint?

Alright
[2]
Nah robo-field looks fine.

"Thank you, gracious Bill! If you ever need your soul saved or wish to change your name to a spiritually more powerful version, don't hesitate to call on me."

What were the stats for this gun again? d8, I think?
Head on over to the mission briefing, and prepare for shenanigans.

Spoiler: EEEDD (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Congregation of ED (click to show/hide)
Maybe? I forget. We'll call it d8.  Also is it on your sheet?

BLAH BLAH DEFINITION OF INSANITY BLAH BLAH TRY AGAIN AND DO IT RIGHT THIS TIME
See bottom.

See how many glow sticks are in the pack I just bought, then look through trash cans for loot while I wait for the briefing.
Spoiler: Dead man walking (click to show/hide)
D6 use die. Ie somewhere between 2 and infinite depending on your luck.
[3]
GUM!

Use level-up to bring Fate d4>d8
And Tech d8>d12

Buy cognition copier for 400
Upgrade Pushbot for 400 as discussed (guns, melee, and hands for 400)
Then go and inititiate The Plan so I can join the upcoming mission

OMNINOUS!

Done.

Sure
Sure (Did I give you a quote on that? If not, half normal price plus d6, no more than starting price.)
Sure

Alright, a few bits of housekeeping.  First, our resident shoggoth.

Spoiler: Rules (click to show/hide)

I'm sure nothing will go wrong with THAT

Second, to our recent big metal ass recipients.

First, description of basic Auditor body and then how they differ.

The "Standard" Auditor is about  3 meters tall, though often looks shorter because it tends to be hunched over.  Its head is triangular, lacking any  recognizable details like eyes or mouth, and instead looks almost avian. One point of the triangle is elongaged, forming the front of the "face, while the others are pulled back, forcing a sort of curve into the bottom leg of the triangle that gives it a sort of horned appearance. The triangle is segmented, with thin groves running back up along its length and giving it a sort of chitinous appearance, like the shell of a woodlouse. Its body is roughly humanoid though its proportions and geometry is distinctly alien: not only looking nothing like a human but nothing like what a human would create.  It has a thin, fiberous neck, a huge hunched back and shoulders, a pelvis that twists forward at an almost painful angle, and long arms and legs, both of which have an extra joint to them. Its shoulders look almost like nautilus shells, a row of thin needle sharp spines runs down its neck and back, apparently along its spine, and it seems to have no palms to its hands nor thumbs, just a series of 8 fingers that connect to a wrist joint.  It looks, all and all, much more like something they dug out of an alien tomb than something any engineer would have made.

Pathos' Tech version has a faint blue glow eminating from its groves and crevices, as though the black armor was simply containing some radiant being within.  Its head is modified as well, the "horns" formed by the two points of the triangle have extended and wrapped back around to form a ring about a foot and a half across. Inside this ring floats a black sphere which seems to be slowly and constantly pulsing.  It has the following built in tools and systems
1. Omnivision: Able to see in several dozen vision modes, this system scans through them constantly alerts the user to any oddities it detects and projects them. Can be manually cycled as well.
2. Skeleton Key Protocols: Automatic system override protocols. Single use and will fry the system they're used on after forcing it to perform one action. 10 installed and will be replenished between missions
3. Superstructure hatch access: All superstructure hatches and some admin tunnels are available for use without incurring...issues.
4. OMNI-scient Network Scanner: Continuous access to the OMNI-scient Network.
5. Built in computing cube and universal jack capacities
6. Daemon Box: A collection of 6 high end AI Daemons which can be injected into technology and will act as ordered.
7. Limited Optical Cloaking system: Renders the user invisible, but only so long as they remain motionless. Has a use die of d6, rolled once per turn while active.
8. Wideband Motion Sensor
9. Sensor Hive: A self contained miniature manufacturing plant which produces flying spy eye drones the size of a ping pong ball. Max 5 active at a time.

Yagyu's Guns version is generally larger and more dense, its back seemingly swollen and its forearms and fingers thicker and larger. Its metal is a deep red, the color only really visible when light shines off it. The head is elongated further than normal, the horns more extended and flared.  It has the following built into it.
1. Biorhythm tracker: Allows the tracking of a single target. Their outline will appear on the user's vision from any distance, through any material. Tracking can be initiated with line of sight OR DNA sampling.
2. Autonomous targeting system: Allows for a second weapon to be fired as a secondary attack even after firing the standard single attack. Weapon must be held in the other hand and uses suit parameters instead of user skill.
3. Ammunition Transmutation forge: Shoebox sized device that allows ammunition of one kind to be transmuted into a different kind of ammo. Not one to one, requires equal or greater monetary value of the input to get the output. Ie a 20 omni bullet would require the sacrifice of at least 20 omni worth of other ammo to make.
4. Weakness Analysis protocols: Automatically detects and displays the structural or biological weaknesses of any targeted enemy.
5. Pulse Laser: Infinite use military grade laser fired from the point of the "Beak". Deals d12 but requires d6 turns to recharge after every use.
6. Micromissile Pack: Built into the hunched back, fires salvos of micromissiles that deal d6xd6 damage. Has a d4 use die. Guided via laser targeting using Gun skill.
7. OMNITECH ferromagnetic accelerator: Standard version of the system but built into the hands. Pick up metal objects and fire them. Damage dependent on object.
8. Wrist Mounted Shotguns: Same damage as "PUNCH!" shotgun.
9. Palm mounted Carbines: Same as Pinpoint Carbine.

Please standby for mission briefing soon. No actions until its over please.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3320 on: February 28, 2021, 06:09:51 am »

Total 1920 omni.

Examine the analog hand.
Examine the medkit.

Missed me  :'(
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3321 on: February 28, 2021, 09:34:31 am »

"I aM a MONumENt tO YOur SInS, wE HaVE BEen mAde WhOLe! wE ARe tHe BROthER MoON-Oh ye gods, I'm late for work! the mound of flesh once known as Sam exclaimed before crawling across the walls and ceiling towards the briefing.

"Sorry for being late fellows, so what are we doing now yummy boss man?"

« Last Edit: February 28, 2021, 02:05:37 pm by ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3322 on: February 28, 2021, 10:50:44 am »

Total 1920 omni.

Examine the analog hand.
Examine the medkit.

Missed me  :'(
Ok.
1. Its a spacesuit, but with armor on the most important bits like the chest and head and groin and such. Try to get shot in THOSE places.
2. A big metal ballistic shield with a little bullet resistant clear plastic window that is at about eye height when you hold the thing up. Covers most of your body.
3. Looks like a fist sized disco ball connected to a base that can be strapped to your body. Has a button on the base to turn it off and on.
4. Its a human hand with a metal plate at the wrist that lets you connect it to a null rod. I assume you know what a human hand looks like. If not it kind of looks like a featureless turkey made of hotdogs and spam.
5. A head wrapping visor and form fitting gloves studded with sensors. Has a lot of games and stuff on it, though you'll have to go through and look at them in a dedicated action. White plastic with sleek design and an "OMNI" embossed logo on the front.
6. Just looks like a non-descript pill.
7. ITS BANDAGES IN A BOX I WILL SLAP YOU.
8. This is technically two things, two little black nubs with sticky stuff on one side. Stick them anywhere they have line of sight to each other and they'll form a laser trip wire between them. Invisible under normal circumstances.
9. A lot like the above, but there's only 1.

Now that everyone is ready (or has been sufficiently hogtied and is being dragged along) a guide bot is sent into the barracks. Its a football sized blob of metal with four pointy legs and a holographic projector on top. It projects instructions for everyone to follow it- complete with tropical vacation text and images- and clacks off down the hall. What follows is a 45 minute walk through hallway after hallway, with each successive passage getting a little bigger like they're wandering up a capillary towards an artery. When they finally reach the last passage its over 10 meters tall and at least three times as wide: an underground highway where trucks and loaders and other vehicles are rumbling along, carrying all sorts of materials. They're lead to an offshoot freight elevator that's big enough to swallow a jumbo jet and already contains a huge VTOL shuttle strapped down in the center. They're lead over to the shuttle and the guide bot shows them inside.

The cargo hold is a huge place, taking up almost the entire interior of the shuttle. And taking up almost the entire interior of that is an armored vehicle, a massive APC. Its so large that it is segmented into two sections with a flexible connection between them, just so it can make turns on ordinary streets. It looks like an armored train: a block of angular metal with wheels hidden behind metal skirting. The top is relatively flat, with a hatch to let people out on top of it, and mounted guns on its sides and a main gun on its roof. Its almost a tank with this much in the way of armaments.

Everyone gets strapped in and the guide bot clacks over to the head of the cargo bay and begins projecting a map while the voice of the Ape Overlords plays.

Greetings and Salutations everyone!  Time for your well deserved vacation!  As you can see we've provided you a rental car for your sight seeing and we've even uploaded the consciousness of Edward Scrumm into it to act as driver! He can fire the side mounted autocannons but you'll need to load the main gun for him. You know, if the locals get out of hand. Always pays to be protected around the provincials!

Now then, a bit of information about your chosen destination.

The elevator begins moving, grinding upward at surprising speed for its size.

As most of you probably know, the city of Neodetroit came into being after the great quake that created the California archipelago and destroyed much of the high tech sector of the USA. Old Detroit was practically worthless at the time and proved prime territory for heavily armed and protected tech companies to resettle for almost nothing in terms of land costs. Within 20 years the city was Neodetroit, a shining jewel of bleeding edge tech. But then, without warning, the disaster! Everything was lost in a single night.  This was of course followed by the establishment of the military cordon, the exclusion zones, the televised coverage of the gang wars, the high danger tourism, etc etc.

Now lets get down to specifics that you might not know. The disaster is an Omega Grade Reality Constraint Failure. It has a diameter of roughly 65 miles at its widest point, with the extent becoming more pronounced the deeper in one gets. The map you see is displaying the three "zones" within the affected area. It of course is ignoring the outer most "Green Zone" that makes up the military cordon and "Dead Zone"  These three zones, Yellow, Orange, and Red, roughly denote levels of distortion of reality constraints and general danger.  4.5 million were estimated to be living within this area when the disaster hit. We assume the number to be roughly 2 million now, mostly in the yellow zone. The largest single concentration is the former city of Ann Arbor, where the official evacuations were taking place before it became apparent that anyone in the area during the disaster would carry its effects with them. The result of course being the total quarantine of all locals. Most now survive on a combination of aid drops and localized farming along the river. Warlords and gangs rule and the city has been transformed into a massive shanty town and slum under the constantly shifting control of various groups. It is dangerous and violent but no more so than any unstable nation. Relatively safe by your standards.

The orange zone is where most of the televised violence takes place. Reality is far less coherent here and the people living in this area are outcasts, madmen, cultists, treasure seekers, raiding gangs, cannibals, and so forth. Aid drops here are fairly rare but branded drops of weapons and other combat goods are common. Its been a favored testing ground and advertising bonanza for arms manufacturers, and TV networks broadcast the near constant violence to 24/7 via unmanned drones. Its too chaotic, socially and in terms of the rules it followers, for us to give you much hard intel. Just know that things live there that aren't human, and that humans don't act human.

The final zone, the Red zone, is the epicenter of the disaster. Within that 15 mile zone absolutely no laws of reality can be taken for granted. Even things like Causality can be subverted and you might be shot by someone you won't meet for hours. We have no intel about this place, just scattered handfuls of stories from scavengers dumb enough to enter and lucky enough to come back.

Now, this trip is a sight seeing trip in case you were not aware and it has exactly one overall goal: Find out what caused this disaster. You can collect souvenirs if you like, you can interact with the locals, you can wander about as you like but we'd really like you to figure out what happened here. We know the following.

1. It is not related to HELL or any interface usage. There were 4 interfaces operating in the area when the disaster happened- 3 legal, 1 undocumented- but all self destructed shortly after the disaster began.

2. Geographic imaging and extrapolation leads us to believe it originated at the "Neo-Detroit Institute of Human Advancement" campus. This is unfortunate as the Institute was not an OMNI subsidiary and indeed was operating under unusually tight security. External documentation is scarce, with the best we can find being references to a "Project Lathe" and a list of scientists and doctors that worked on it. We've included a list of their names and photos; with any luck some might be alive out there for you to interview.

3. The effects have limited range and some things that exist within one zone may disappear if moved to a zone outside it. We extrapolate that the effect is not "Blind" and that it has something approximating a consciousness with limited "attention". These terms are more metaphorical than literal, we believe.

We will be dropping you and the APC here off on the edge of the yellow zone, Near Ann Arbor. There are three main military outposts around the disaster area where you can return to for aid and resupply. These are found on the edge of the yellow zone: Base Alpha on the western road out of Ann Arbor and the largest of the three. Base Beta on the 75 Highway to the North west, and Base Delta on the 94 Highway from the North East. There is a Canadian controlled base on highway 42 near Comber, but we do not have official relations with them. You'd have to negotiate resupply there under your own rules.

Any questions? 

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3323 on: February 28, 2021, 10:57:57 am »

"Oh, me, me! I have a question! Has that flesh horror rights bill passed?"

Shapeshift into a more canine shape, seeing as SAM will have to be tracking someone while on her vacation.

Also, time to increase dexterity and smoke one of the nootropics Anya have SAM.

« Last Edit: February 28, 2021, 04:25:32 pm by ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES »

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3324 on: February 28, 2021, 11:05:22 am »

A synthesized version of Ed's voice plays over the tanktrain's PA speakers

"Hello comrades, I am happy to serve as your driver and vehicle on this little trip. I swear, if any of you dare to puke inside of me, I'm driving all of us into the sea or off a cliff."

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3325 on: February 28, 2021, 11:07:23 am »

"Joke's on you, I have no lungs or bones to break."

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3326 on: February 28, 2021, 11:50:44 am »

"Can you even puke? If not, then we'll have no problems in the first place"

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3327 on: February 28, 2021, 11:52:10 am »

"Nope, but I do leave a trail of slime everywhere I go."

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3328 on: February 28, 2021, 11:57:50 am »

"Then I guess our janitor will be busy following you around."

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #3329 on: February 28, 2021, 12:21:19 pm »

"One, what kind of gun is that on top, what can it kill? Also I'm confused, does it need to be fired by one of us, or does Ed fire it and we only reload it?.

Two, what level of support and aid can we expect from the military, and would they be willing to loan us some gear before we get started? Are there any assets, like drones or mortars, that we might be able to call in?"

Tune in to the 24/7 broadcast to see if anything interesting/noteworthy/out-of-the-ordinary has happened recently.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2021, 01:16:33 pm by The Lupanian »
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!
Pages: 1 ... 220 221 [222] 223 224 ... 334