Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 286 287 [288] 289 290 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 452855 times)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: God Warrior Ascends
« Reply #4305 on: November 22, 2021, 12:31:35 pm »

"​Solid work Ed, very good.

Allrighty people, now we just wait for our pickup. Whatever is going on out there is now beyond us. Just pray that the occult wierdo that is on our side wins from the occult wierdo that isn't. Don't stray too far and don't cause anymore trouble, we're not waiting for you once our ride arrives."

Then, turning to Baldwin, he adds:

"You. Whatever is happening in there, unfuck it, capiche?"

Radio command that we're at the extraction point. Request an ETA.

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4306 on: November 22, 2021, 03:56:37 pm »

((Wil's doing great. But I think literally everyone here with no exceptions at all would agree that he would do much better if he shaped all those souls into a giant humanoid ghost mech.))

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4307 on: November 22, 2021, 08:42:00 pm »

"I'm working on it!"

Baldwin takes out his occult knife and tries to use it as a potato peeler to peel the Sigils off of the EDPC. If the Sigils enhance occult power, surely they'd enhance the knife and allow it to peel metal. Store the shavings in a containment pod so I can draw on this power for a rainy day. If peeling fails for whatever reason (perhaps my teamates stop me), erase them the old fashioned way.

Spoiler: Baldwin Reborn (click to show/hide)
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Spooky
« Reply #4308 on: November 22, 2021, 09:16:42 pm »

Consider Baldwin. In Bob's primordial, walnut-sized lizard brain, is Baldwin a threat? If so, eat him. If not, eat the ghosties he's been summoning.

Spoiler: The MOOKiest (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Team Mascot (click to show/hide)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #4309 on: November 24, 2021, 07:02:02 am »

((Wil's doing great. But I think literally everyone here with no exceptions at all would agree that he would do much better if he shaped all those souls into a giant humanoid ghost mech.))

((Yeah, I totally want that too.  Didn't work out initially, and with how the last few turns have gone... I was debating just saying "Eh, good enough", and leaving.  But no, you're right, this is an all-in occasion.))

Fantastic!  Now Wilfred has all the raw materials he needs, but skull clouds and geysers of the screaming dead just don't have the flair appropriate for this occasion.

Form all this ghost power into a giant humanoid mecha, topped by a giant laughing skull, where Wil will pilot/ride it from.  And instead of feet, form massive blades of bone, to stomp on SAM with, chopping her (it?) apart.  Especially the head.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Accomplishments (click to show/hide)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #4310 on: November 24, 2021, 12:09:39 pm »

Use my electronics and sensors to
A) keep the team updated on our extractions
B) Scan our surroundings for possible hostiles/danger/desperate civilians and raiders

Angle myself so that I can get the main gun and at least one turret trained in the direction of the hole I made in the wall, just in case.

Spoiler: Edward (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: EdPC (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4311 on: November 24, 2021, 01:33:09 pm »

"Guess there was no need to man turret after all and that's great, I didn't want to shoot people anyway.....     well maybe just a few of them.
Go back to my seat and wait for extraction.
Spoiler: Is no longer dead! (click to show/hide)
"Thank god everything-" You slap away a skeleton rat crawling across your shoulder "-Everything worked out with no further issues."

"​Solid work Ed, very good.

Allrighty people, now we just wait for our pickup. Whatever is going on out there is now beyond us. Just pray that the occult wierdo that is on our side wins from the occult wierdo that isn't. Don't stray too far and don't cause anymore trouble, we're not waiting for you once our ride arrives."

Then, turning to Baldwin, he adds:

"You. Whatever is happening in there, unfuck it, capiche?"

Radio command that we're at the extraction point. Request an ETA.

They give you a hypothetical ETA of something like 4 minutes. If they were sending a ship...which they're clearly not! Baka!

"I'm working on it!"

Baldwin takes out his occult knife and tries to use it as a potato peeler to peel the Sigils off of the EDPC. If the Sigils enhance occult power, surely they'd enhance the knife and allow it to peel metal. Store the shavings in a containment pod so I can draw on this power for a rainy day. If peeling fails for whatever reason (perhaps my teamates stop me), erase them the old fashioned way.

Consider Baldwin. In Bob's primordial, walnut-sized lizard brain, is Baldwin a threat? If so, eat him. If not, eat the ghosties he's been summoning.

Yagyu stamps into the back of the EdPC and starts shouting as you attempt to scrape the sigils away.

"LISTEN HERE YOU WANNA BE FLESH ANGEL! We have created no less than 3 giant monsters in our time here. Two of them are still out there fighting! We're running from a discontinuity field which literally melts people into flesh sludge. Was that not enough trouble? You REALLY gotta be back here doodling sigils in my damn EdPC?"

"I was trying to help!"

"Everyone is always trying to help! My robo-ass doesn't remain unperforated by Good Intentions, Baldwin!"

"I'll just scrape them off ok?"

"You do that. And I don't want to see a single bit of writing I don't understand for at least a week. No sigils. No runes. Hell, if I see chinese I'm gonna slap someone. Probably you."

[1]

Baldwin pokes one of the sigils with his occult knife.  Bright red sparks erupt from it and suddenly the entire interior of the EdPC is filled with spectral corpses of thousands of dead mice, squirrels, beetles, spiders, ants, rabbits, foxes, deer, and all manner of other common critters rising from the soil of this field.  They're only semi-solid so the occupants of the EdPC are less crushed in a mosh pit of animal corpses and more battered about in a wave pool of ectoplasm.  Baldwin floats up to the ceiling and Yagyu joins him a moment later, both bobbing on the waves of ghosts.  Baldwin then notices Yagyu swimming through the ghosts towards him. With murderous intent.

[4]
[2v3]
Baldwin is so busy trying to avoid Yagyu he doesn't even notice Bob rising up from below until the smug reptilian jaws latch onto Baldwin's head.
[3v2]
Baldwin's reactive fabric cape does block some of the damage but being deathrolled by a giant alligator in a bog of resurrected souls will hurt no matter how protected you are.  In fact, if it happens again there's a pretty good chance his head is gonna come off. Which is...probably still dangerous for him.

Use my electronics and sensors to
A) keep the team updated on our extractions
B) Scan our surroundings for possible hostiles/danger/desperate civilians and raiders

Angle myself so that I can get the main gun and at least one turret trained in the direction of the hole I made in the wall, just in case.

Spoiler: Edward (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: EdPC (click to show/hide)

The EdPC is just about to sound the All clear signal when the geyser of ghosts erupts directly under him.  It doesn't harm him - metal is quite resilient to spooking- but it does seem to be giving his inhabitants a good mixing. He considers letting them suffer for a while. Its their own fault, really.

((Yeah, I totally want that too.  Didn't work out initially, and with how the last few turns have gone... I was debating just saying "Eh, good enough", and leaving.  But no, you're right, this is an all-in occasion.))

Fantastic!  Now Wilfred has all the raw materials he needs, but skull clouds and geysers of the screaming dead just don't have the flair appropriate for this occasion.

Form all this ghost power into a giant humanoid mecha, topped by a giant laughing skull, where Wil will pilot/ride it from.  And instead of feet, form massive blades of bone, to stomp on SAM with, chopping her (it?) apart.  Especially the head.

[9][2v2]
Wilfred, clearly having too much fun with this cataclysmic situation, decides that what the giant nightmare beast needs the most is himself driving it. He crashes the silverfish directly into the mass of undead and the plane vanishes inside. It reappears moments later, stripped down to nothing but the cockpit, a new control room for his undead mecha. The cockpit rises to the top of the undead horde as untold billions of souls and corpses scuttle over each other to reconfigure into Wilfred's desired shape.   As the mecha deforms into a humanoid appearance SAM suddenly lurches upwards and grabs the Undead mecha by its wrists. The two tumble over and start rolling and wrestling through the city, both trying to get on top and pin their opponent.

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Occult is banned
« Reply #4312 on: November 24, 2021, 01:57:06 pm »

((Giga Ghost Breaker her ass Sy!))
« Last Edit: November 24, 2021, 02:00:07 pm by ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES »

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #4313 on: November 24, 2021, 02:55:37 pm »

Wilfred begins cackling maniacally from his undead cockpit, directing the motions of his monstrous mecha by gesticulating chaotically while he laughs and screams.

"COME ON, SAM!  IF YOU WANTED TO JUMP MY BONES SO BAD YOU COULD'VE JUST ASKED, YOU DIDN'T HAVE TO EAT DETROIT!  AND NOW WE'RE ON TV TOO!  THINK OF THE CHILDREN, SAM!   GAHAHAHAHA!  OH, I DON'T CARE--GIMME A KISS, YOU RAVAGING BEAST!"

So you're saying the mecha's head is free?  Bend forward and bite SAM's face off, or whatever passes for a face on that monstrosity.  Then try to free an arm, and repeatedly punch the thing in its chest and neck!  Beat it into the ground!

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4314 on: November 24, 2021, 03:14:17 pm »

Swim to the back door and open it to let out the wave of spoopy woodland critters.

Try to distract Bob for a bit to stop the deathroll, perhaps find a tasty ectoplasmic fish! Or find some broken bit of machinery for him to tail-slap into repair. 

"Bob, please stop deathrolling the occult idiot for just a moment, he has to clean up his mess first."

« Last Edit: November 25, 2021, 06:50:55 pm by Radio Controlled »

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4315 on: November 24, 2021, 03:55:46 pm »

Get out of the deathroll. Since it's unlikely I'll be able to out-strength Bob, I'll try to use minor fleshwarping powers if no one else stops him. Attempt to use my magic to retract my head into my body like a turtle and then escape his grasp!

If anyone actually helped save me from Bob, then work on removing the sigils. Otherwise, leave the EDPC and hide somewhere safe. Climbing on top of the vehicle might be a good option

"I'm not going back in there until that gator is restrained and under control! If you want to remove the sigils so badly, then do it yourself! You just need to erase them."
((Assume this line is only spoken if Rob escapes on his own and exits the EDPC))

« Last Edit: November 25, 2021, 06:05:25 pm by heydude6 »
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #4316 on: November 24, 2021, 06:36:50 pm »

Continue deathrolling the threat.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #4317 on: November 24, 2021, 08:19:43 pm »

If any of the ghost critters get aggressive, see how effective the anti-bio razor is against their semi-corporeal forms. If nothing else happens, see if I can trap a small ghost creature in one of Aka’s containment pods.
Spoiler: Ji (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4318 on: November 24, 2021, 10:25:39 pm »

Baldwin screams for mercy.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4319 on: November 25, 2021, 04:14:41 am »

"How about you start taking responsibility for your actions! If you want your teammates to have your back when the going gets tough, they have to know you are reliable as well!

Promise me you'll fix your mess, and I'll try, try, to get Bob not to Bob for a moment."

Pages: 1 ... 286 287 [288] 289 290 ... 334