Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [FEF] Fire Emblem: Fight For Your Future! | Sign-ups End February 25 (0/8)  (Read 793 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The War of Darkness.

Grima, through a last ditch effort, has thrown the timeline into disarray.
It's Heroes have been scattered amidst a roiling world of darkness, with no end.

It's Hero-King, Blessed by Naga, has been sealed away, and Grima's power begins to run unchecked.

The World falls into the Twilight of Death.

In all this however, Hope Remains, in those few Brave Souls,
To Fight, to Return to the World of the Living,
To free the Hero-King from the Chains which Bind them.

And to Reclaim their Futures.

Am I crazy enough. I think so..

Fire Emblem Signups are open. And unlike my other game that is starting, This one is...

Actually, not so different, it's still pretty out of the norm. So let us go down the list.

First, this game will not have much continuity to it.. That's shot all the way to Hel... Second, I am focused on the other game, so no Lord. Unless you count Naga occasionally popping up with a projection to lead you on your way. Third, this is a Prequel... In case it wasn't obvious enough, it takes place around 1000 years before Awakening. And Fourth, Railroading is a thing.. If only cause of space and time being completely messed up in addition to being in the World of the Dead.

As for Number of Slots, let's go with 8. Good, even, and all you are getting.

In addition, you can choose your affinities. In subtraction, there can only be one of each type, and Heaven and Earth are not choices.

Please note that I will only choose someone who fills this sheet to specification.(In other words, to make Pasting it easy on me. Please do not use links as your sign-up.)

Player's Handbook v2.1

You all start as Trainees.

Other than that, a few extras,

The Reaper
A Reaper of Death seeking the restoration of normal order. You are unfortunately not part of that.

The Reaper has only one weapon, the Scythe. Their movement is not obstructed by obstacles, and their Move Range can vary. They also receive no buffs or debuffs from terrain. Ailments do in fact work on them, but they can't be killed by Ailments alone. A PC has to deal the final strike.
As a note, their stats are 30 across the board, including their HP. They have no Con/Aid, And their Move Range in the early game will never surpass 3. Reap is their Character Skill, allowing them to Kill a Downed Character..

Death System
If a PC's HP drops to 0, they receive an injury. Receive 3, and you die.
I am also using the Overkill System.
Overkill System : Taking damage can reduce you beneath zero HP, which activates the down counter. Healing while downed is not halved.

If your Down Counters(of which you have 3), fall to 0, you die.

As a warning, The Reaper Prioritizes Downed Characters, and those with the least Injuries. If the reaper can reach a downed PC, it will Reap that character, killing you.

Of Course.. So long as any of your 8 party members remain alive, so do you. At the end of the map, you will revive. This basically means there won't be replacements...

Supporting Soul
Once Supports are unlocked, a dead character can pass on a stat boost according to their Combined C Rank Affinities. These actually stack, so the more Supports a player has, the more options become available.
 If for example, 1 character has a Support with the other 7, they could gain the power of all the affinities. Likewise, if a Ice Affinity dies and passes it along to a Wind Support, their Bonus is Wind+Ice. If said character dies, they can be split to another 2, or 1 they share a support with, like the Anima Character. That becomes Anima+Wind+Ice. This also stacks with a Support the Anima Character has with another Affinity Character, so those remain active.

Naga's Guidance
Should the entire party die, you have one last option. You can reset the battlefield to a previous time, at any part of the turn. Note that this only works once, and you don't actually start off with this ability, it will be till a bit into the story that your party gains it.
 All memories are retained IC, as well as any EXP and Levels you had gained up to that point. Your Weapon/Item QL and Injury/Down/Ailment Statuses remain the same as the time you rewound to.
Any Permanent Stat Booster you had used returns back to the inventory where it was, with the stat it boosted returned to normal.

Note this can only be used once per battle, and in some areas, will be locked. On the other hand, there is one thing you can change.. The Reaper can be reverted to any tile it had passed, regardless of when it was on that tile. This can even change the objective of escape maps entirely.

If everyone ends up Dying, that's it, Game Over. There is no final hurrah, no heroes at the last moment to save you.

Grima Wins, and the World Dies.

No pressure or anything.

As a side note, looking for Co-GM, or DM I suppose.. Mostly for Combat-Rolling purposes, though I wouldn't say no to maps either if they want.

Please Note that I appear to be insane-ish... This is is no way my main thing, but it's stuck in my head.
 I would also recommend more Veteran players, given I(Grima) won't be going easy on you.
  I've Set the Exp Slider to fast as well, so you'll level up quickly at least.

And the GM Book I'm using for good measure.

"Completely Insane", the GM mumbles as they post this.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2019, 04:59:41 pm by TricMagic »