Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How do taverns work in adventure mode?  (Read 3992 times)

Whips

• Bay Watcher
  • UristMcCripplingDepression
    • View Profile
How do taverns work in adventure mode?
« on: January 04, 2019, 09:35:43 am »

I'm not really used to building sites in adventure mode, and i just found out that you can select a zone in you building to be a tavern, but i'm not sure if it works the same way it does in fortress mode (people coming to visit and dance, for example). Do people come over or it does not work for now?

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
Re: How do taverns work in adventure mode?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2019, 06:27:28 pm »

ptw

Just about all I know for zones is that you can make it a main hall/mead hall and stay at that site safely retired. I suggest setting it as a tavern and do some more construction to pass the hours. See if you get any visitors.

Grand Sage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2019, 06:44:04 pm »

PTW

In addition, I wonder weather people will start working there abstractly. Say, if you made some adv. sites with taverns, and then played a fort for a couple of years. would anyone move to the site to become a tavern keeper? or maybe one of the sites original residents?
Dwarf Fortress: This feature has one or more outstanding bugs. Please visit the Bugs section for details.

And I drank the mosquito paste

Fatace

• Bay Watcher
  • Cease hostilities? Never!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2019, 12:45:54 am »

Main Hall zone has the only purpose.. which is allowing you to retire at that location and claim the location. The rest of the zones do not do anything (yet). But you can set your followers to those locations... and that's it. lol
I once had a 30 dwarf glacier fortress once.. was going great till the dwarf merchants brought along a WereKoala and killed everyone...

Sarmatian123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2019, 12:12:06 am »

Well, I assigned my hero dwarf and his 6 companions to a location. I was hoping, when I leave zone, then they will stay at that location. That would skip me 6 annoying "stay put" chats. It didn't work at all. My followers are also my hearth-people, so I canceled adventure agreement with one of them. The dwarf just stood there in empty field, idling. He did not head into the zone to stay there. Now, I am puzzled.

What assigning anyone to a zone really do?

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2019, 03:14:56 am »

Ok having spent some time poking around taverns, you kinda need to zone them into the tavern then let go your companions.
So that when you return to the site they would start performing. Telling them to wait will just cause them to stand guard in the spot and not socialize. This process does mean you end up in a weird state of "well I convinced this one guy to join you but can't rejoin you after a few weeks of adventuring."
trying to get the tavern keeper to work but it's a tough set up

edit: oh it seems hiring drunks then zoning them in a tavern would get them to drink your booze supply.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2019, 03:00:50 pm by Rumrusher »
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Sarmatian123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2019, 07:36:14 pm »

edit: oh it seems hiring drunks then zoning them in a tavern would get them to drink your booze supply.

How fast they drink this alcohol per day? No drunks here, but mainly peasants and woodcutters. I managed to fill 4 barrels with 100 units of 4 types of alcohol at one fortress. Just hauling back left... So, besides Main Hall, I need to build another house for tavern? Chairs, tables, barrels and couple chests for music instruments and mugs I guess? Mugs are heavy like hell. Can't find any cup in any of fortresses. If besides carpentry my dwarf could do also wood crafting as well... oh well.

I don't have performers in my adventure team, just 6 adventurers. If I could make them stay to guard my camp, then maybe I would get more. As it is now, they tend to jump my hero dwarf and flatten him to ground annoyingly. No respect to a great hero at all. lol

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2019, 03:59:27 am »

they grab cups to drink that so 3 per swig, and I mostly got my stuff from other taverns, including the drunks from hamlets.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2019, 01:28:53 pm »

Ok having spent some time poking around taverns, you kinda need to zone them into the tavern then let go your companions.
So that when you return to the site they would start performing. Telling them to wait will just cause them to stand guard in the spot and not socialize. This process does mean you end up in a weird state of "well I convinced this one guy to join you but can't rejoin you after a few weeks of adventuring."
trying to get the tavern keeper to work but it's a tough set up

Oh, interesting i thought the tavern zone in site building in adventure mode didnt do anything yet, thats cool. Maybe someone should update the wiki entry on that.
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com