Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: I found naked, silent wrestler dwarves in woods. What to do?  (Read 2694 times)

Sarmatian123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
I found naked, silent wrestler dwarves in woods. What to do?
« on: January 23, 2019, 04:01:29 pm »

I was hunting around my starting hillock some *stars. These were at begining night monsters, but now are usually some wild animals with addition "recruit". However lately I found in forest in such "recruit" group some naked, silent wrestler dwarves. One out of two did agro my followers, when I attacked one such wild animal "recruit", but other just run away. Now it just strolls around my starting hillock and I am puzzled what to do about it, because I do not want to attack any dwarves, but on other side it seems to behave like a wild animal. Talking to this wrestler dwarf has no use, as it doesn't talk back.

Is there anything to do about this dwarf? It seems to become persistent part of wild forest animals strolling around.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
Re: I found naked, silent wrestler dwarves in woods. What to do?
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2019, 09:04:20 pm »

probably a bard or nomad that just lost all their clothes.... or a werebeast pre transformation, you can try talking to them to get their deal.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Sarmatian123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2019, 10:42:50 pm »

probably a bard or nomad that just lost all their clothes.... or a werebeast pre transformation, you can try talking to them to get their deal.

I tried talking to them many times. It is alike talking to wild animals. They are mute.

It is behaving and hanging around wild animal recruits. So, I punched on head this mute wrestler and it instantly died. Then after a while a brawl started between my companions. When I got through dialog to ask one of the brawlers what is going on, he called me "murderer", so I reloaded from earlier save. So, clearly this dwarf is counted as member of some dwarven civilization and wild animal recruits?

What is this deal with animal recruits then? Whom are those?
« Last Edit: January 23, 2019, 11:58:53 pm by Sarmatian123 »

Sarmatian123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2019, 02:20:08 am »

I recited some poetry for this nude wrestler. It reacted like all other dwarves by saying how great it is. However it reacted muted for all attempts to talk.

I tried dancing. It is jumping in a dwarven dancing position to leave it asap, which breaks any attempts at dancing. A nude dancing-saboteur dwarf? :)

Some local dwarves were passing by the nude wrestler and there was no reaction from either of them.

The nude dwarf walks all over this hillock, but never attempts to enter any buildings. This dwarf behaves like a local domesticated animal.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2019, 02:22:06 am by Sarmatian123 »

Loam

• Bay Watcher
  • a Moal
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2019, 06:15:56 pm »

I encountered someone like this once: she was the lady (or former lady) of a nearby hamlet, which had been attacked by goblins and subsequently abandoned. The rest of the town were refugees in a nearby camp, among them some of the lady's hearthspeople, who told me they were soldiers in her service. She, however, naked and mute, just stood on the fringes of the goblin camp nearby (the goblins, actually, were also refugees - I don't know why they abandoned the site though). After a while one of my companions attacked and killed her for no apparent reason.

Later on I was traveling pretty far north of that location, came across a * on the map - it was a group of naked peasants/wrestlers, only one of whom had any name (though they could all talk) - they mostly introduced themselves with "Greetings. My name is ." Their leader said they were refugees from the aforementioned town - which, again, was quite a ways in the south. I left them, but went back to check on them again, and they had all vanished.

Basically, insurrections/conquests/refugees are rife with bugs and glitches (along with most of the rest of the game). Whatever this bug is, it's probably related to confused civilization/group identities.

What is this deal with animal recruits then? Whom are those?
Those are historical figure animals - named animals whose histories are traced. Chances are some of them have rampaged or killed someone at some point. Killing them should make people approve of you as a "hunter." I don't know why their called recruits, maybe some game-internal reason to make them move in the world.
Thob Goes to the Surface (Adventure Mode story, in progress)

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2019, 07:03:36 pm »

Wasn't there a similar glitch about lords that was reported earlier

Sarmatian123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2019, 07:51:25 pm »

Thanks for update. Historic animals + bugs. I see.

I don't see much of goblins in hillocks, but there is plenty of them in fortresses. I guess some are rescued prisoners. My team mates killed on sight few beak dogs and trolls. Animal get rescued too, but they do not count I guess. There was an insurrection in local fortress, so maybe those are failed insurrectionists? There were 2 of them, but as I attacked animal recruit in front of them, one attacked me and got killed by my 6 axedwarves companion swarm and other run away in panic. The panicking one is this naked wrestler survivor. So I was thinking... animal dwarves? It's a bug with refugees.

Now, when I think about it, more realistic in Fortress Mode, after 2 hard scripted first immigrant waves, then there should only be refugees (like immigrants now) or hired from outside labor force(immigrants, which you pay for). Maybe this would solve this bug?

I wish you could get somehow your hearth people to move into your camp. It would fill the camp with life.

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2019, 01:27:19 pm »

Thanks for update. Historic animals + bugs. I see.

I don't see much of goblins in hillocks, but there is plenty of them in fortresses. I guess some are rescued prisoners. My team mates killed on sight few beak dogs and trolls. Animal get rescued too, but they do not count I guess. There was an insurrection in local fortress, so maybe those are failed insurrectionists? There were 2 of them, but as I attacked animal recruit in front of them, one attacked me and got killed by my 6 axedwarves companion swarm and other run away in panic. The panicking one is this naked wrestler survivor. So I was thinking... animal dwarves? It's a bug with refugees.

Now, when I think about it, more realistic in Fortress Mode, after 2 hard scripted first immigrant waves, then there should only be refugees (like immigrants now) or hired from outside labor force(immigrants, which you pay for). Maybe this would solve this bug?

I wish you could get somehow your hearth people to move into your camp. It would fill the camp with life.

You can, you just have to have them as a companion->assign them to one of the zones. then tell them you dont want to be their traveling companion anymore.
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

Sarmatian123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2019, 12:36:24 am »

You can, you just have to have them as a companion->assign them to one of the zones. then tell them you dont want to be their traveling companion anymore.

Nah, that doesn't work. I got them as companions, I assigned them to Main Hall, then let them out of agreement. Next day they are all gone from site. Though they didn't travel much far. I found them still in same grid as my camp was. All 6 of them traveling in couples short distances after each other. I couldn't even re-get them as companions again, as they were busy with important mission. Annoying. It is a guard duty, default in Adventure Mode for soldiers, I guess? It shouldn't be. Not, if there is no guarding route implemented by player for their camp. I never do that in Fortress Mode either. They just should stay put guarding the Main Hall, I left them in. That would be logical. Also, they should be open to re-join player on adventure again.

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2019, 12:44:46 am »

Nah, that doesn't work. I got them as companions, I assigned them to Main Hall, then let them out of agreement. Next day they are all gone from site. Though they didn't travel much far. I found them still in same grid as my camp was. All 6 of them traveling in couples short distances after each other. I couldn't even re-get them as companions again, as they were busy with important mission. Annoying. It is a guard duty, default in Adventure Mode for soldiers, I guess? It shouldn't be. Not, if there is no guarding route implemented by player for their camp. I never do that in Fortress Mode either. They just should stay put guarding the Main Hall, I left them in. That would be logical. Also, they should be open to re-join player on adventure again.

You should try again and see if it happens again. When i played pre-artifact release it worked fine. Also they could have just been patrolling around your site (ive seen them do that too).  It could easily have changed between releases though.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2019, 12:50:56 am by Untrustedlife »
I am an indie game dev!

Castlecliff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2019, 01:50:46 am »

Kiss him

Sarmatian123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2019, 07:12:37 am »

Scrolling natural abilities... No kisses there in listing. :)

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2019, 01:12:21 pm »

Scrolling natural abilities... No kisses there in listing. :)
I bet that’s planned.
I am an indie game dev!