Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 41

Author Topic: The Rise of a Demon (Number of ritual wedding duels: 1)  (Read 52366 times)

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Rise of a Demon(Number of unexpectedly curbstomp battles: 1)
« Reply #300 on: February 17, 2019, 01:06:02 am »

I am too tired for an update right now, so here's a writing challenge instead:

Describe the battle from the view of a soldier on either side.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: February 17, 2019, 01:05:19 pm »

I am too tired for an update right now, so here's a writing challenge instead:

Describe the battle from the view of a soldier on either side.
*considers diving into another horror-type writing challenge*
*remembers the Eldrich horrors he still has to write up to save another game's main character*
I wish I didn't have to pass for now
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: February 17, 2019, 02:14:49 pm »

In the wake of this victory, you reorganize your forces, preparing to expand your power northwards, and take Avar. You assign the new soldiers and archers to lead squads of your best troops, personally introducing each to his new squad mates. The former Spears seem nervous at the prospect, the men they lead excited by the implications of your commands. You are…very deliberate in your wording to make certain of this.

The armor and weapons from the fallen Spears are stripped and given to some of your warriors, and they are sent out on missions of pillage and slaughter. As they march, rumors begin to fly across the city. The Spears were the bandits! The Spears blame us for the banditry! The Spears are marching on us in force!  The news of the slaughter in villages only reinforces this sense of panic, and forges in Avar begin to ring with the sound of hammers as scythes are forged into polearms and wood axes turned into weapons of war.

The Seducers fan these flames, and they burn brightly. Henord Crossing, the rivalry forgotten, sends a small force of soldiers and volunteers, including several from your Seducer. They begin to help organize the defenses of the town,  creating several small bastions within, while the Seducer within Avar begins to  establish food stockpiles, fresh wells, and hospitals.
A rider is sent north to Castle Southbend. Your Hunters see that he does not make it, and deliver this news by nailing his head to Avar’s gate. And with this latest barbarity, the resolve of many who still had faith is shaken. The mark of the Spears was carved into his head! People discuss the possibility of escape or surrender, but it is half-hearted now, and many believe they have no option but to fight.
In the richer part of town though, at least half still suspect this is some sort of trick. Perhaps the Spears were no true Spears, but bandits who had waylaid members of the holy order? Your Hunters, patrolling the streets, make a note of houses where these thoughts are in evidence. Rather conveniently, they are the ones closest to the gate. Even the dreams which suddenly plague the population, vivid dreams of slaughter and brutality perpetrated by the Spears, do not shake their faith. If anything, it solidifies it, for they see it as proof that something has taken over and corrupted the Spears. Perhaps those rumors of necromancy in the West have more truth to them than it first seemed…

But among those who doubt, those whose faith is not so strong, these dreams are proof, plain and simple, sent by Andora to ensure they would be strong. Each bastion begins to reinforce their own shelter and stockpile, often at the expense of those without. They tear down houses to provide building materials, and feuds begin to develop, each carefully fanned by the Seducer, even as she works to offer compromises between them, all the while lacing her words with suggestions that they look elsewhere to find their faith. And some do, joining the ranks of the Ceaseless Consumption, marking their buildings with its sign, if only to take advantage of the benefits the Seducer offers them – better access to supplies, favor in negotiations, and other, more carnal things.
The remaining faithful, along with a large segment of the guard loyal to them, sequester themselves in a few manor houses near the gate, along with a great many refugees from the outer villages and from those who rejected your seducer
The rebels also sense the dreams, although they shift somewhat in the distance to change the locations and the names, they react with anger. The snow is beginning to melt, and already their weapons carry corruptive sigils, their catapults stand ready with plague-infected corpses. They are ready for a different kind of war now.

While all this is going on, you ensure your soldiers are unified and make preparations for your knights. For now, they will fight on foot, although Duthrax requests they and him be given some kind of mount. They will be assigned to be his personal guard, and their armor is corrupted, the prayers on it turned to bloodthirsty praises of your name which shift before the eyes of those who fight them. The armor will turn away most blows, at least enough to ensure most of the power behind the strike will be dissipated. They are far more effective against hostile magic, simply absorbing them without any difficulty.

And once more you march to war. No longer do any of your men bear the weapons or armor of the Spears, instead waving their own banners as they march to war. Some in the villages join your ranks, hoping for the opportunity to gain power. Some try to flee or fight, and are mercilessly cut down. Most you just leave, as they are not important right now. You will claim a second town soon…their walls are already in sight. You see a mass of people evacuating northwards, and you can sense the High Seducer leading them away, even as she further stains their souls. Do you have any last minute preparations before the battle begins?

Full status

Current Status

Name: Klx-Dryklfx

Time: 6.75 months

Physical Might: 77+6 (+12 worship, - 4 leakage)

Mental Might: ] 76+6 (+14 worship, -4 leakage )

Followers

13 Boneys, 37 thralls, 200 hundred Spear-Thralls, 106 Sword-Thralls, and 126 Archer-Thrall, 8 seducers, 149 peasants, 24 guards, 10 Hunters, 1 High Seducer, 15 Doom-Seekers, 2 Doom-Seers, 2 priests, 5 god-slayers

Servants

17 wisp wights, 8 armored brutes, 2 crushers, 317 zombies, 67 skeletons, 50 wisp wretches, 82 weeping sores, 18 specters

Cults

The Broken
  Members: 13 Boneys, 13 Thralls, 200 hundred Spear-Thralls, 106 Sword-Thralls, and 126 Archer-Thrall, 15 Doom-Seekers, 2 Doom-Seers, 2 priests, 5 god-slayers
  Resources: 77(-10 god-slayer armor +5/week demonic crops, +5/week iron mines )
  Power: 22 (12 spent worshipping you, 3 spent slaughtering villages, 4 spent forging, 5 spent gathering resources)
The Ceaseless Consumption
Members: 8 seducers and 24 thralls, and 37 peasants split among 8 locations, 1 high seducer, 112 peasants, and 24 soldiers
Resources: 0
Power: 10 (1 spent worshipping you, 2 spent constructing bastions, 4 spent negotiating/recruiting, 3 spent spreading rumors)
Fortresses
Canord
   Strong walls (45), Deep moat (25), Thorn Wall (25), Weak wards(15), Traps(15) Demonic crops, plentiful mines, Strong aura of domination
Champions
Kreth Woemaker
   Physical might: 12
   Mental might: 12
   Other: Magic Cloak

Duthrax Soul-Render, First of the Thrall-Herds
  Physical might: 5 + 1
  Mental might: 3 + 1
  Other: Duelist, skilled commander, Herald
Lurrothel, Weaver of Nightmares
  Physical might: 1
  Mental might: 6
  Other: Necromancer, skilled at wards and dream magic

Now you have my attention. What game are you writing for?

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Rise of a Demon
« Reply #304 on: February 17, 2019, 02:27:11 pm »

Just a few posts down from this, Web of Life: A Drider's Adventure. I volunteered myself to write some psychological horror type stuff so we could do something dangerous and stupid and it might just work. Gimme a moment to link the post...
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=161812.msg7928437#msg7928437
Because I have a mental death wish, evidently
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: February 17, 2019, 02:37:40 pm »

I think I found something new to read.

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: February 17, 2019, 02:53:31 pm »

Hey, dive on in, the water's fine! It starts off simple enough, but it spirals into elder gods and mutagenic rituals sprinkled with other dimensions. I made a Discord for it, too - I could use a writer to bounce what I've got scribbled down off of. Link is near the current page, maybe the one before it. There might be two, you want the newer one.

Now, back to our regularly scheduled madness...
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: February 18, 2019, 11:40:12 pm »

I do enjoy the madness, but I need some suggestions first. Or some requests for information perhaps...just so long as I have something to respond too.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: February 19, 2019, 11:31:34 pm »

This is my immediate plan:

- Corrupt the souls of the faithless priests, bringing them into the Broken Ones as Dark Priests.
- Enthrall the minds of the faithful peasantry, compelling them to sabotage their own fortifications and slaughter the true priesthood.
- Command our Seducers to rally the Cult and openly rabble rouse as much as possible.

My apologies for not posting yesterday.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: February 20, 2019, 04:21:29 am »

- Corrupt the souls of the faithless priests, bringing them into the Broken Ones as Dark Priests.
- Enthrall the minds of the faithful peasantry, compelling them to sabotage their own fortifications and slaughter the true priesthood.
- Command our Seducers to rally the Cult and openly rabble rouse as much as possible.

+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: February 20, 2019, 07:27:29 am »

I'll support that.

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: February 20, 2019, 08:27:38 am »

Yeah, I can't come up with any better ideas - not that this one's bad, mind you.
But I did make a list of "things to do when we get back from taking over another city!"
Spoiler: To Do List (click to show/hide)
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font

WyrdByrd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: February 20, 2019, 08:43:15 am »

Yeah, I can't come up with any better ideas - not that this one's bad, mind you.
But I did make a list of "things to do when we get back from taking over another city!"
Spoiler: To Do List (click to show/hide)
+1. I was thinking we could convert  Avar into our primary residential zone. Canord seems more suitable as a bastion. Also, I've got a few ideas regarding Boneys, once we finish off the city.

Sounds good to me.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: February 20, 2019, 12:20:00 pm »

Are we wanting to establish a Demonic Empire, or just lead a roving horde like Warhammer's Chaos?

WyrdByrd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: February 20, 2019, 12:34:26 pm »

At the moment, it's leaning more towards the former. However, we could certainly  retain a nomadic warhost as followers. Might provide a little more flexibility without being associated with the main group.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 41