Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 41

Author Topic: The Rise of a Demon (Number of ritual wedding duels: 1)  (Read 52253 times)

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Rise of a Demon
« Reply #345 on: February 23, 2019, 11:34:06 pm »

Which followers?

WyrdByrd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: February 23, 2019, 11:35:02 pm »

You had mentioned some of  the members of the Henord Crossing relief force had been thralls. That implies we have a Seducer cell there.

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: February 23, 2019, 11:45:00 pm »

Ah. Most of the thralls she had recruited had gone to Avar to "help their fellow men in their time of need," and the Seducer accompanied them.  Currently, she is traveling with the refugee train, and those she left behind don't know how to contact you.

WyrdByrd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: February 23, 2019, 11:54:14 pm »

I see. Had our Dark priests encountered any of the refugees at the surrounding farms?

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: February 24, 2019, 12:04:40 am »

Very few. Most wanted to get further from whatever they thought was coming, and plan to take refuge at Southbend Castle or even further north.

WyrdByrd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: February 24, 2019, 12:08:08 am »

Fair enough.  Any other news regarding the rebels? Last we  heard from them, they started using corrupted weaponry.

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: February 24, 2019, 12:23:03 am »

So far, you have not heard new, reliable rumors.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: February 25, 2019, 04:55:43 am »

Now that we have acquired some more Thralls, we should look to folding them into our army.

Duthrax Soul-Render and his God-slayers should train the new Thralls for combat, aiming for a roughly equal proportion of spear, sword and archer thralls at the end.

Meanwhile, all our smiths should produce enough weapons to equip these new thralls, and should start producing fifty sets of heavy armour.

Whilst this is all going on, a giant war game will be had by our forces across the entirety of Avar. All thralls may compete in combat to earn their place as a member of the Demon-Touched, an elite company of Heavily armed and armoured warriors. Each combatant may continue fighting as long as they are willing, but any who either die or surrender are no longer part of the competition. The top twenty thralls will each earn a place amongst the Demon-Touched, as well as the ten thralls who impressed us most, despite being defeated. The last twenty sets of armour will be saved for new members at a later date.

Those who die in the competition will be consumed, and as they fought and died in order to gain our favour should make each soul delicious.

Each member of the Demon-Touched will gain a point of Physical Might, a suit of heavy armour and the knowledge that they are the elite of our army.

After, we will go visit that old castle and see if we aren't "powerful enough" yet.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: February 25, 2019, 07:31:06 am »

Now that we have acquired some more Thralls, we should look to folding them into our army.

Duthrax Soul-Render and his God-slayers should train the new Thralls for combat, aiming for a roughly equal proportion of spear, sword and archer thralls at the end.

Meanwhile, all our smiths should produce enough weapons to equip these new thralls, and should start producing fifty sets of heavy armour.

Whilst this is all going on, a giant war game will be had by our forces across the entirety of Avar. All thralls may compete in combat to earn their place as a member of the Demon-Touched, an elite company of Heavily armed and armoured warriors. Each combatant may continue fighting as long as they are willing, but any who either die or surrender are no longer part of the competition. The top twenty thralls will each earn a place amongst the Demon-Touched, as well as the ten thralls who impressed us most, despite being defeated. The last twenty sets of armour will be saved for new members at a later date.

Those who die in the competition will be consumed, and as they fought and died in order to gain our favour should make each soul delicious.

Each member of the Demon-Touched will gain a point of Physical Might, a suit of heavy armour and the knowledge that they are the elite of our army.

After, we will go visit that old castle and see if we aren't "powerful enough" yet.
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

WyrdByrd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: February 25, 2019, 08:06:58 am »

[snip]
+1

+1. Also, we should   turn at least 20 of our forces  into Hunters.  The 10 we've had so far have worked wonders.
As for the delegation,  have a private meeting between the merchant, and allow him to bring two of his entourage.  Have those who attend the meeting be patted down prior to entry by Hunters, both to ensure they aren't trying to smuggle anything and to allow an excuse to read their thoughts.  During the  meeting , try to determine the motivations of the merchant, and gain a better sense of the tactical situation in Henords Crossing, while mentally probing them for any sort of deception.

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: February 25, 2019, 10:53:47 am »

Lord of Blasphemy.

I’ll offer a simple and direct plan.
Go to Henord Crossing, offer the leaders and their followers a choice to join or die, and then loot and pillage the town. 

Rest of our forces +1 to Kashyyks plan, though I feel that we should eventually mutate them into mind linked Hive Thralls.
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

WyrdByrd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: February 25, 2019, 11:10:01 am »

Lord of Blasphemy.

Go to Henord Crossing, offer the leaders and their followers a choice to join or die, and then loot and pillage the town. 

Rest of our forces +1 to Kashyyks plan, though I feel that we should eventually mutate them into mind linked Hive Thralls.

The only problem I see to that is level of Evil that could be lost. By forcing them into  becoming unthinking servants, the blasphemies which they will commit are involuntary, thus lessening its effects.   

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: February 25, 2019, 11:19:52 am »

Lord of Blasphemy.

The only problem I see to that is level of Evil that could be lost. By forcing them into  becoming unthinking servants, the blasphemies which they will commit are involuntary, thus lessening its effects.   

I think that’s a good point, but we can have dedicated worshippers to make up for that. That shouldn’t prevent us from making our dedicated warriors less deadly if that’s the course we think we should take.
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

WyrdByrd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: February 25, 2019, 11:28:09 am »

Lord of Blasphemy.

I think that’s a good point, but we can have dedicated worshippers to make up for that. That shouldn’t prevent us from making our dedicated warriors less deadly if that’s the course we think we should take.
Fair enough. I feel like we've been neglecting our Boneys as of late.  Did we ever figure out how they reproduce?

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: February 25, 2019, 12:54:55 pm »

They don’t really seem to reproduce, but as far as you can tell, they were created by a combination of exposure to uncontrolled Evil energy and alchemy.

Don’t forget to vote for a trait!
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 41