Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 41

Author Topic: The Rise of a Demon (Number of ritual wedding duels: 1)  (Read 52136 times)

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Rise of a Demon(Number of No Longer Defiant Peasants: 80ish)
« Reply #90 on: February 02, 2019, 10:25:57 am »

Hmm... Undead is risky, we have no experience in that kinda stuff. A mutation that fuzes two bodies into one twisted hulk we could do, however.
Probably.
I +1 to 1,2, and (5), the "knit two big men into even BIGGER man"
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Rise of a Demon(Number of No Longer Defiant Peasants: 80ish)
« Reply #91 on: February 02, 2019, 02:54:38 pm »

You have power now, a great deal of it, and plentiful followers. It is time to begin organizing them. You pick out the sick and the wounded and the old, and you have their throats slit and left in a pile. Meanwhile your followers begin to work, clearing away all the remaining statues and altars, although they are unsure how to rededicate the temple to you. They use the rubble to begin building a low wall, but it will take time before they can encircle the village.

You attempt to look for anyone of notable skill or ability as well. However, the only person you found who could be of interest has already had his mind completely shattered. The priest will do nothing without commands from you or your follower, and only when you puppet him can he imitate a man.

With that avenue frustrated, you attempt to learn what you can of the world outside the village. There is little enough they know. To the south, in the great desert, there are desert nomads, some of whom are supposedly savage raiders, although they have never troubled Dresick. There is another village about two week’s ride to the west, and a third about a week and half to the northwest. There are several small hamlets scattered about, although Dresick is the furthest east they know of – no one wants to go closer to the ruined castle than they have to.

Finally, there is apparently a “vast city” about three weeks to the north, located in between a river and a chain of low hills. Supposedly, all this area is part of the Andronian Empire, but none of these people have seen soldiers except the few who have gone to the “city.”

Casually, you then turn your attention to the murdered villagers, and let your power flow from you into them, attempting to direct it to make their souls rise in service of your will. As you do, a faint flicker of power seems to flow from somewhere else, guiding yours just slightly.

Though it leaves you feeling somewhat drained, the results are certainly worth it. Each of the fifteen corpses shambles back to their feet, eyes burning with the light of their corrupted souls, which drift around them like a cloud of smoke. You briefly experiment with controlling them, and find the soul can form a shield or a weapon, or cast itself away to search or spy or strangle, with the body knowing everything the soul does. You will need a name for these creatures, something to strike fear into the heart of those who face them.

You debate doing something with the living villagers, considering the possibilities, but eventually you decide to go ahead and try it. You order the two largest villagers to embrace, and then pour evil into their bodies. It is a simple process for you, and relatively easy as you use the energy of their own bodies and the ambient evil to fuel your work. Their chests merge, flesh wrapping around flesh before bloating and twisting, heads rising up and bending backwards so they can see before and behind, arms shifting to form crude imitations of your own form. They slaver and moan in a disturbing chorus, babbling constantly.

You step back, satisfied. That will need a name too, but you can already see it being a useful weapon. For now though, you are drained. Your followers will need organization – should they be part of the Broken or form their own cult? – and instructions on how to spend their time. And you must prepare for your next moves. Will you...

[] Lead an army to attack another village
[] Search for the desert tribes
[] Go off on your own to spread havoc and chaos

Spoiler: Current status (click to show/hide)

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
Re: The Rise of a Demon(Number of Merged Man-things: 1)
« Reply #92 on: February 02, 2019, 03:24:35 pm »

Create a new cult: Village Dresick'el Fex (yay, puns). It will also include the Bonies from The Broken. Three townsfolk, the most loyal and devout to us, will be named the Seniors and will be in charge of all other members of the Cult, second only to Us. They will be responsible for ensuring obedience and devotion, using the Bonies as enforcers if necessary.

The Cult will focus on converting the Temple to a properly demonic place of worship, with an alter and eternally burning pyre, then building a basic wall around the village. Remaining time will be split between free time and Organised Worship, which will involve chants of devotion and increasingly hedonistic acts, culminating in an orgy of the flesh and mind as we return some of the worship as ecstatic pleasure.

Meanwhile, we should head out towards the desert tribes

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 03, 2019, 12:12:12 am »

Fold the village into the Broken for now. Right now there aren’t any noteworthy villagers to make good leaders.

The Cult will focus on converting the Temple to a properly demonic place of worship, with an alter and eternally burning pyre, then building a basic wall around the village. Remaining time will be split between free time and Organised Worship, which will involve chants of devotion and increasingly hedonistic acts, culminating in an orgy of the flesh and mind as we return some of the worship as ecstatic pleasure.

I think we should go after the villages. Desert nomads can be hard to find, they will probably either come to us or, if we can develop scouts, we can send them out to find them easier.

Take the undead and merged man thing, and, under cover of night, storm the village. Goal is to capture as many as possible, but kill those who put up serious resistance. Take the survivors back to our village, either to be folded into the cult or become sacrifices.

Call those undead wights?
Call merged man thing Brute?
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 03, 2019, 12:19:13 am »

-snip-
+1 to all, but I suggest we call the undead Wisp Wights.

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 03, 2019, 12:47:03 am »

Which village? Did you have a specific one in mind, or a certain size?

Also, if anyone has any comments or suggestions for this, feel free to share them.

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 03, 2019, 12:56:01 am »

Let's not head to the north, we do not want to face an army, yet. Let's go to the west, it is a longer travel time but less chance of military involvement. We need to increase our strength.
My Forum game(s):
None for now

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 03, 2019, 01:10:35 am »

I like wisp wights!
I agree with heading west, keeping eyes open for any hamlets or opportunities. We also should travel at night to stay hidden.
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 03, 2019, 04:03:52 am »

I like wisp wights!
I agree with heading west, keeping eyes open for any hamlets or opportunities. We also should travel at night to stay hidden.
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 03, 2019, 08:37:47 am »

I like wisp wights!
+1
+1, I agree with each of these points.

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 03, 2019, 04:14:04 pm »

As your cultists continue their labors, you set off under the cover of darkness, taking a small but terrifying force with you, heading west to seek captives. You find few people outside the village, just a single farmhouse with five people in it. They are huddling under a bed when you come, and you see signs of outbuildings burned to the ground. It is a simple manner to implant a command in their heads, forcing them to run towards Dresick without pause.

That brief delay aside, you reach the new village a little faster than expected – your forces have far greater endurance than mortal ones - on a night where the moon is nothing more than a thin silver sliver, and faint wisps of clouds make its light ever more dim.

You can feel the villagers – there are about a hundred of them – slumbering in their beds. A priest is slumbering in one of them, with a woman not his wife. Only a few of the very old and very young are awake, as though they have some vague sense of what is coming.

With a silent command, you charge. The wisp wights spread out, forming a loose circle around the village, while their specters attack people who attempt to flee, stunned and terrified by the sudden slaughter. Some attempt to fight, taking up spears and hoes and kitchen knives. Some attempt to run for the safety of the temple. Some simply curl up in a ball and sob at monsters more horrid than anything their imaginations could create.

You take care of those who attack, arms lashing out, crossing vast distances to tear off a head or rip a heart from someone’s chest. Sometimes you let one reach you, purely to amuse yourself as he futilely hacks at your unbreakable carapace before making him turn the weapon on himself with a thought. You turn them against each other as well, husbands and wives slaughtering each other. The brute does just as well, smashing down the doors of the temple and a good chunk of its wall as well, grabbing each of the four to raise weapons at it and smashing them against various statues and altars. It’s maddened shrieking and chaotic babbling is sufficient to ensure that no one else tries to resist.

Within minutes the battle, the slaughter, is completely finished. Sixty-three people died, and their corpses are being feasted upon by your servants. Fifty still live, and you march them back towards Dresick, setting a brutal pace. They dare not complain, they dare not show weakness.  However, you do not want any of them to die, and so you are forced to slow. It takes you nearly three weeks returning, a delay which makes you grind your teeth, but you suspect some will die within the day.

The sight of the village restores your spirits though. A low wall surrounds it, and timbers from the houses have been planted in front of it to provide cover for archers, although the gateway is nothing but a gap.

What do you do with the captives? What are your commands for your cult? And what do you do next?

Spoiler: Current status (click to show/hide)

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 03, 2019, 05:41:27 pm »

I don't recall voting to trash a village, but sure, let's work with this, as it looks like enough people for a proper sword-corrupting ritual.

Have the Bonies and Wights guard the captives, whilst we retrieve the sword. Meanwhile, our cultists should build a circle of twelve pyres, with a thirteenth in the centre.

When we return, the captives are asked whether they wish to join us. No theatrics, just a simple question. Any who agree are told to take their families and wait by one of the twelve outer pyres. The rest are taken to wait by the central pyre.

Hopefully we'll have at least twelve family members of converts who refuse to convert themselves. If not, we'll split some of the captives at the central pyre off  so that there is at least one person at each outer pyre. The new converts are ordered to bind their family to the pyres whilst our cultists chant appropriate words and the remaining captives at bound to the central pyre with the sword.

The converts must then light the pyres and praise our name as their family burn and friends burn. They'll then join the rest of the cult in depraved worship as we channel the Evil into the sword.

That should be evil enough.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2019, 06:25:49 pm by Kashyyk »

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 03, 2019, 06:18:57 pm »

I don't recall voting to teach a village, but sure, let's work with this, as it looks like enough people for a proper sword-corrupting ritual.

Have the Bonies and Wights guard the captives, whilst we retrieve the sword. Meanwhile, our cultists should build a circle of twelve pyres, with a thirteenth in the centre.

When we return, the captives are asked whether they wish to join us. No theatrics, just a simple question. Any who agree are told to take their families and wait by one of the twelve outer pyres. The rest are taken to wait by the central pyre.

Hopefully we'll have at least twelve family members of converts who refuse to convert themselves. If not, we'll split some of the captives at the central pyre off  so that there is at least one person at each outer pyre. The new converts are ordered to bind their family to the pyres whilst our cultists chant appropriate words and the remaining captives at bound to the central pyre with the sword.

The converts must then light the pyres and praise our name as their family burn and friends burn. They'll then join the rest of the cult in depraved worship as we channel the Evil into the sword.

That should be evil enough.

+1, though I feel like we should use the sword in the ritual to corrupt it, perhaps having the coverts “mercifully” kill their families with the sword before burning, and finishing it off by stabbing it into one of the victims in the central pyre as they burn. Also we should bring one of our cultists when we retrieve the sword to carry it in case we can not.

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 03, 2019, 07:16:13 pm »

Hey, don't forget about the corpses. I think it could be good to make a zombie amalgamation out of the pieces remaining! Undead and Mutations... Scary but BEAUTIFUL
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 03, 2019, 07:42:46 pm »

-snip-
+1, though I feel like we should use the sword in the ritual to corrupt it, perhaps having the coverts “mercifully” kill their families with the sword before burning, and finishing it off by stabbing it into one of the victims in the central pyre as they burn. Also we should bring one of our cultists when we retrieve the sword to carry it in case we can not.
+1.

Animate the smoky remains from the ritual into a shadow cloak, one that helps its wearer conform with the shadows.
We'll probably want something to keep our future champion alive, I feel this is a good start.

After the ritual, have the cult continue converting the temple and constructing the wall.
Perhaps when that is done, they can start training to fight?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 41