Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 41

Author Topic: The Rise of a Demon (Number of ritual wedding duels: 1)  (Read 50872 times)

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
Re: The Rise of a Demon
« Reply #45 on: January 30, 2019, 04:47:59 am »

One guy? That's not enough for such a powerful item. We should save the sword for now, and use the entire village in the ritual.

For now we should leave the sword to soak up ambient evil, and then go investigate the other fragments.

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 30, 2019, 07:29:15 am »

One guy? That's not enough for such a powerful item. We should save the sword for now, and use the entire village in the ritual.

For now we should leave the sword to soak up ambient evil, and then go investigate the other fragments.
+1
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 30, 2019, 07:36:57 am »

+1
+1

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 30, 2019, 11:18:09 am »

So...can I get a consensus?

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 30, 2019, 11:30:29 am »

We can always do one of the rituals later, but we can only do one of them. I'd say go with the non-conflicting actions first.

Hotfire90

« Reply #50 on: January 30, 2019, 12:08:25 pm »

+1
+1
+1

Mithras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 30, 2019, 02:44:26 pm »

+1
+1
+1

+1 prioritising finding out which fragment will be the easiest to bend to our power.

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 30, 2019, 03:20:06 pm »

You take the sword, concealing your wince as the hilt burns your palm, and bring it down to the room with the ash and fumes, embedding it into the floor. You leave it as the choking black smoke twirls around it, seemingly unwilling to come too close to the holy weapon. Then you enter the tomb, ignoring the nausea invoked by the various holy symbols and silver sigils, and rip open the coffin to find the other sources of power.

The first one you see is a simple silver amulet, the second is the neck which bears it. Carefully, you undo the chain, which is fortunately perfectly ordinary. Dragging the coffin and carrying the amulet, you bring them down into the room with the blade as well, leaving them to corrupt.

You consider kidnapping someone to speed up the process, but to have a significant effect you would need anywhere from fifty to two hundred people, depending on the details of the ritual.
You consider your next course of action, but you notice the castle is definitely shifting somewhat. It appears that the blade and the other artifacts were placed in the keep to help suppress the aura of evil, as it has grown in strength, and you can feel a malevolent presence growing in the castle. Currently, the most noticeable effect is an increased aura of malevolence and the walls regaining macabre decorations – the scene with the flesh trees is especially delightful, and seems somewhat familiar.

However, your attention is pulled from the decorations when words appear on the wall. Had you not seen their appearance, you would have sworn they had been there since the castle had fallen at least.

Changer of flesh, breaker of minds
Bearer of a cursed sign
Thy shape weak, thy cult small
Thou shalt soon leave my hall
But when thou grow strong
Then though shall belong
And mine forces, shall be thine

What do you do?

Spoiler: Current status (click to show/hide)

You guys had some interesting luck this turn.

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 30, 2019, 04:30:41 pm »

...Sigh.
I was hoping we could stay here for a while, you know? Use this as a seat of power from which to grow. But it looks like although it knows we are kin, it sees us unfit.
Say, out loud so that the castle's presence knows we acknowledge it, "Very well. I shall leave for now, but know that I shall return, as you have said, to claim what is mine.
We should probably gather up our cult and find a nearby cave/mine/hidey-hole to set up in, then. And take a moment with one of our cultists to see what kind of force made our Boneyes into their current form - Perhaps we can undo this, send a spy of corruption into the village.
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

Mithras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 30, 2019, 06:13:53 pm »

Ask it what it has to offer us when we are strong enough.

The way I see it, the castle is not in a strong negotiating position, it's power is quite limited due to the knight's holy seal. So if we really wanted to we could eat the power that's draining out now, burn the holy warrior and removed the holy trinkets then come back to eat the rest of the castle. It's on castle to convince us that it's more use to us uneaten.

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 30, 2019, 08:34:55 pm »

Ehhhh... We are weak. This castle is strong. This castle will f*** us up if we make demands of it. We should be glad if it let's us leave with our tiny cult. We can come back later, stronger, angrier, for now we should leave
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 30, 2019, 11:39:16 pm »

I agree with KitRougard on this one, the castle might have some unforeseen power that we're not prepared for, plus we're not exactly at our highest strength.

Under cover of night, corrupt some of the village wells with a poison to make the villagers' minds weaker.
If we do decide to attack or convert them, I feel this could be a first step.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 30, 2019, 11:42:48 pm »

I agree with KitRougard on this one, the castle might have some unforeseen power that we're not prepared for, plus we're not exactly at our highest strength.

Under cover of night, corrupt some of the village wells with a poison to make the villagers' minds weaker.
...Sigh.
I was hoping we could stay here for a while, you know? Use this as a seat of power from which to grow. But it looks like although it knows we are kin, it sees us unfit.
Say, out loud so that the castle's presence knows we acknowledge it, "Very well. I shall leave for now, but know that I shall return, as you have said, to claim what is mine.
We should probably gather up our cult and find a nearby cave/mine/hidey-hole to set up in, then. And take a moment with one of our cultists to see what kind of force made our Boneyes into their current form - Perhaps we can undo this, send a spy of corruption into the village.
+1 to both.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 31, 2019, 01:00:24 am »

...Sigh.
+1 to both.
+1
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 31, 2019, 04:35:33 am »

...Sigh.
+1 to both.
+1
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 41