Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 41

Author Topic: The Rise of a Demon (Number of ritual wedding duels: 1)  (Read 52450 times)

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
Re: The Rise of a Demon(Number of Merged Man-things: 1)
« Reply #120 on: February 04, 2019, 07:21:12 am »

I vote for going and getting the sword ourselves, then performing the ritual directly on it.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 04, 2019, 07:46:46 am »

I vote for going and getting the sword ourselves, then performing the ritual directly on it.
Remember, we're on a strict, ill-defined deadline and time is of the essence.

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 04, 2019, 02:54:19 pm »

You call for a celebration. You have returned in triumph, with future members of your following. Your temple can wait, so can the walls.  There will be a great feast…complete with sacrifices.  Your followers are eager, and within two hours thirteen great pyres are built, with the captives from your raid forced to stand around them. They tremble deliciously, eyes full of terror. Some of them seem on the verge of fainting. You use a modicum of power to keep them awake. You would not want them to miss the…celebrations. Hovering above the central pyre, you watch as your cultists approach their captives, and ask them a question. Will they join the followers of Klx-Dryklfx?

The answers are about half and half.  Thirty-one people join your cult. Twenty-nine refuse. For a moment, hope shines in their eyes as no one makes a move towards them. Some of them begin to think that those giant pyres are perhaps for goats. Then you land, and they are quickly bound to the pyres. Some struggle and are beaten into a dazed submission. Most, however, seem dazed by this sudden, unexpected, but completely inevitable turn of events. You look through their thoughts, amazed by their confusion.

Fortunately, it soon subsides and is replaced with pain and horror, as torches are thrown onto the pyres by former friends and family members as dark praises are chanted and voices raised in twisted hymns. The screams match the songs in volume, and evil energies begin to swirl in a vortex. You want to absorb it…to consume it and grow strong, but instead you direct towards a skull of the now burning priest. His screams change, in volume and pitch. They grow louder, rougher, deeper, as flesh peels away from it and the bone writhes.
Striding over, you pluck it off and hold it up. The skull pulses with evil. Literally pulses, the bones warping as the evil presses against it. From the eyes and mouth and every other hole in the skull black fire blasts from it, giving off a choking red smoke which drifts off in the form of various demonic sigils. You smile, but it turns into a frown when you realize there is just a little too much evil in the skull. It’s probably going to explode. You inhale a couple drops, growing stronger, but it is an incredible effort of will not to take more.

Two of those who refused are spared the ritual, and forced to watch. You link their minds with every single one of their friends and family, so that they feel both the impossible agony of the fire and the incredible ecstasy your new followers feel in serving you. As their minds begin to crack under the strain, you push their flesh together, making another brute.

Next, you turn to making something new, a cloak of ash and shadows to hide whoever wears it from sight. It is an exhausting, painful strain for you, but you weave darkness into a fabric and shape it into a cloak which mortal eyes can just barely see. You suspect there may be more powers, but you cannot be certain. This is clumsy work by your standards.

You set it down as your cult returns to their labor, and something attracts your attention to the skull. After a moment, you realize what it is. It’s moved from where you placed it. And it is watching you.

What do you do? And how do you deal with the skull?

Spoiler: Current status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Other (click to show/hide)

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Rise of a Demon(Number of evil skulls: 1)
« Reply #123 on: February 04, 2019, 03:04:21 pm »

Talk to and further examine the skull. Convince it service to us is it’s best option. If it seems like it’ll be a good ally, offer rig it to our brain dead priest to control.

If it is hostile, lock it in a box or something to figure out later.
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 04, 2019, 03:49:46 pm »

Talk to and further examine the skull. Convince it service to us is it’s best option. If it seems like it’ll be a good ally, offer rig it to our brain dead priest to control.

If it is hostile we should absorb the power within the skull and vow never again to make another skull.
My Forum game(s):
None for now

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: February 04, 2019, 03:54:50 pm »

+1

If it is hostile we should absorb the power within the skull and vow never again to make another skull.
No, if it is hostile we'll know we were successful in our Evil. We only need to find a way to reliably bind them to our service.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 04, 2019, 04:09:26 pm »

The entire point of this ritual was to corrupt the sword. Why did guys wanna shove it all into a skull? Grumble grumble

Secure the skull. Take it to the ruins and channel the Evil into the sword.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: February 04, 2019, 04:14:16 pm »

The entire point of this ritual was to corrupt the sword. Why did guys wanna shove it all into a skull? Grumble grumble

Secure the skull. Take it to the ruins and channel the Evil into the sword.
Let's do this, but try to preserve the consciousness, so we have an Evil, sapient sword.

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 04, 2019, 05:06:52 pm »

+1

No, if it is hostile we'll know we were successful in our Evil. We only need to find a way to reliably bind them to our service.

Agreed, and +1. I like a good evil magical skull-man. OOH we could give him The Book Of Evil we got if it works!
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: February 04, 2019, 05:36:51 pm »

If the skull disagrees with serving us- we can always threaten it with being used as a codpiece for the rest of its existence.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: February 04, 2019, 05:40:47 pm »

If the skull disagrees with serving us- we can always threaten it with being used as a codpiece for the rest of its existence.
But such a vaunted position is an unparalleled honor, brother.

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 04, 2019, 11:59:32 pm »

You glower down at the skull, wondering if it was worth the power you lost. With a grunt, you bend down and pick it up. The contact instantly brings your two minds together…it is incredibly strong, almost a match for you. Of course. I am of you. I am your limb, cut off and set to do your bidding. You hear echoing in your head. It sounds honest enough, although you have no real way of discerning the truth of the matter.

After some thought and careful examination, you determine that you have effectively created another demon. It will serve you loyally – it is of your own essence – but it has its own, independent will. Whether it will gain more independence as time goes on is something you have no way of knowing.

It rests in your palm and awaits your decision, seemingly having no real interest in whether you destroy it, send it to the sword, or leave it as it is.

Spoiler: Current status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Other (click to show/hide)

Sorry for the brief update, but there wasn't a whole lot to write.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: February 05, 2019, 02:35:58 am »

Well that's good to hear.

Let's go corrupt that sword now, and only make another one of these when we've got the captives and power to spare.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: February 05, 2019, 02:42:22 am »

Well that's good to hear.

Let's go corrupt that sword now, and only make another one of these when we've got the captives and power to spare.
One is enough, if we make more we should make them weaker just in case
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: February 05, 2019, 02:43:57 am »

Which is why I think we should deal with this one now. Its already as strong as us.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 41