Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 41

Author Topic: The Rise of a Demon (Number of ritual wedding duels: 1)  (Read 50892 times)

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Rise of a Demon(Number of evil skulls: 1)
« Reply #165 on: February 07, 2019, 05:23:35 am »

As an alternative, if we concentrate on forming a small cult centered around the soldiers we can get the gates opened and our villagers in as fake refugees.  The whole village cult.  Then they are the ones equipped with the 200 odd sets of armor and weapons.  Then we slaughter the whole town as their only line of defense turns on them.

We can keep killing in the wild while we do so.  Drum up fear, get the soldiers resentful of their place and wanting strength to protect them, even if it is demonic.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: February 07, 2019, 06:41:26 am »

My vote for Destroyer of Purity and Flesh-Feaster remain. Though Defiler isn't a half-bad name, it feels a bit uninspired. Let's examine the settlement, it's a Mining Town, no doubt, there are certain to be some drinking houses, gambling dens, narcotics nests, or similar dens of depravity. I suggest we attempt a two-pronged attack, by Corrupting the Commander's Dreams and Encouraging Hedonism in the Masses, the former will make converting him into our cult trivial, and the latter will ensure we have a solid foundation to seed a future cult in the community. The priests who fail to uphold the doctrine will be at the forefront of our efforts, we'll subtly erode their sense of morals and have them hold blasphemous sermons reinforcing the pleasure-seeking and sparking strife in Canford. We'll continue this for a week, then fly back to our citadel and see how they've progressed in our absence, to raze another village or three and recharge, as it were.
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: February 07, 2019, 07:15:45 am »

My vote for Destroyer of Purity and Flesh-Feaster remain. Though Defiler isn't a half-bad name, it feels a bit uninspired. Let's examine the settlement, it's a Mining Town, no doubt, there are certain to be some drinking houses, gambling dens, narcotics nests, or similar dens of depravity. I suggest we attempt a two-pronged attack, by Corrupting the Commander's Dreams and Encouraging Hedonism in the Masses, the former will make converting him into our cult trivial, and the latter will ensure we have a solid foundation to seed a future cult in the community. The priests who fail to uphold the doctrine will be at the forefront of our efforts, we'll subtly erode their sense of morals and have them hold blasphemous sermons reinforcing the pleasure-seeking and sparking strife in Canford. We'll continue this for a week, then fly back to our citadel and see how they've progressed in our absence, to raze another village or three and recharge, as it were.
I’ll keep my vote for night terror and Defiler (though I agree it’s not very original).

My only suggestion for this is that we need some way to deal with the priests. Now the mention of a zealot gave me an idea. The zealot has probably burned/executed a witch or two, and maybe an innocent one. We should take a guard on patrol and search in his mind for information about the priests going after innocent people, any witches and where they are buried, and other bits of juicy gossip that we can use to turn the town against each other.

Point of all this? We send dreams of the “innocent” witch to important members of the town, such as the kind priest and commander “why didn’t you stop this”, and the zealot if we can “you should burn more people”. Maybe we can raise our innocent pawn and use her to spread messages of terror, but we will have to see what we turn up first.

Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: February 07, 2019, 08:26:41 am »

...I wonder if we find an ACTUAL witch how willing they'd be to join us. Also, on the Reavers - We can delay them, sure, I need time to write up their physical specs compared to a Boney so we can do the most efficient mutation possible.
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: February 07, 2019, 12:12:05 pm »

How about instead, we name the sword Desecrater? Less generic than Defiler, but a decent, simple enough name for our first Evil weapon.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2019, 12:17:56 pm by Ardent Debater »

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: February 07, 2019, 12:36:54 pm »

How about instead, we name the sword Desecrater? Less generic than Defiler, but a decent, simple enough name for our first Evil weapon.

I like it, +1
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: February 07, 2019, 02:08:19 pm »

Sword Name:

Defiler: 1
Desecrator: 2
Feaster of Flesh: 2

Trait:

Night Terror: 1
Destroyer of Purity: 2

Actions:

Form cult in soldiers: 1
Corrupt Commander: 2
Encourage Hedonism: 2
Encourage Zealot: 1

This is the current vote tally. I would like more of a consensus before I write an update.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: February 07, 2019, 02:11:21 pm »

I support doing all four actions. I'm not fussed on the sword name . I'd prefer Gravecaller for trait though.

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: February 07, 2019, 04:04:50 pm »

I support doing all four actions. I'm not fussed on the sword name . I'd prefer Gravecaller for trait though.

I’ll switch my vote to gravecaller, and reaffirm all 4 actions. This does not break the tie for the traits though.

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: February 07, 2019, 11:12:32 pm »

I'll break the tie with a vote towards Gravecaller then, we need to blow up a city, not convert artifacts. Having some new zombies can help us out there.

We can grab destroyer of purity later when we hit a monastery or something.

I also support the four actions.

I vote for Desecrator as the sword's name.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: February 07, 2019, 11:16:46 pm »

I could've sworn I'd posted earlier... Ah well.

I'll concede to the majority by supporting Gravecaller, each of the four actions, and Desecrator.

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: February 08, 2019, 12:21:24 am »

Alright, currently all four actions will be performed, Desecrator will be the sword, and Gravecaller will be the trait. I will try to write an update this morning.

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: February 08, 2019, 08:17:28 am »

The blade you call Desecrator, for how it was made and what you shall do, and the debate over what to call it stops nagging you. Your power has grown, and with it the mastery you have over undeath. Zombies, skeletons, and other such creatures are slightly smarter and more effective when under your command, and the dead stir and grow restless in your presence, making it easier for you to raise them.

You look down on the town, and you are determined to push them towards the breaking point. Every night you dream with them, twisting and corrupting their dreamscapes. Its difficult work, and you must spread your attention over many every night. Still, the soldiers have grown a little tenser, and the refugees begin staying up a little later to drink and gamble.
But as the week goes on and your efforts grow more refined, you find yourself having much more of an impact. The townsfolk spend hours every day in taverns and gambling houses, even as the zealot rails to his followers and the other priests try to help their flock. The soldiers begin refusing to leave their barracks unless assurances are made for their protection, and so the militia is armed and new weapons begin being forged.

Soon enough, everything comes to a head on what is supposed to be a holy day of rest and prayer. Instead, near half the town spends it watching a bloody bare-knuckle tournament, and the zealot has had enough. He leads his followers to “burn out the nest of sin” and you watch with glee as a riot starts.

Two priests are killed, and a dozen fires are lit. Smoke hangs over the town like a pall, and nearly a quarter of the town, including a section of wall and some of the housing built up outside it, is burnt to ash before the fire is gotten under control. A few hundred people die burning or bleeding, and you drink in the agony of their deaths.

And looking down from the broken palisade, seething with contempt and fear, five soldiers swear to you, whispering the name they have heard in their dreams, offering them protection from the storm they know is coming.

Having accomplished what you set out to do, you return to Dresick to see what progress has been made. A wide dry moat has been dug, but only around half the palisade, and the earth piled up inside to reinforce it. Your cultists have finished their training and drilling, and begin working to equip themselves. It has proven difficult though, as they have few smiths and little steel. Only thirty men have been properly equipped, with the remainder using pitchforks and clubs for weapons and layers of leather for armor.

They have thrown dark feasts in your name, and decorated your temple with what is left of the sacrifices they made in your name, which consist mostly of skulls are arms tied together. An aura of cruelty and malevolent pleasure suffuses the whole town. You drink it in deeply. Ahh…there is no place like home.

Now you take your forces for a test run, marching out to find some more villages to destroy. Unfortunately, most have been abandoned, and you only find a couple small hamlets.  They are destroyed, their people – thirty-two in total – taken captive, and then they are looted for supplies to make new weapons.

Once more you find your power swelling beyond what your form can contain, as evil leaks out in a corrupting wave. You suspect you could use this power as a well to draw from for summoning or other foul magic.

Current status

Current Status

Name: Klx-Dryklfx

Time: 2.5 months

Physical Might: 31+5(+4 slaughter, +3 worship)

Mental Might:
31+5(+4 slaughter, +3 worship)

Followers

13 Boneys, 30 armed and trained cultists, 177 poorly armed and trained cultists, 5 soldiers in Canord

Servants

15 wisp wights, 2 brutes

Cults

The Broken
  Members: 13 Boneys, 177 poorly armed and trained cultists, 30 armed and trained cultists
  Resources: 1
  Power: 15 (1 spent worshipping you, 7 spent digging a moat, 8 spent making weapons)
Fortresses

Dresick
  Wooden palisade(20), Moat(5), Aura of domination

Artifacts

Desecrator
  +5 physical, +5 mental
  Bringer of unholy rot, other traits likely

Magic Cloak
  Unknown properties

How do you like the new way of doing status? Also, I am planning on doing a glossary update. Does anyone have requests for entires?
« Last Edit: February 08, 2019, 08:19:21 am by Urist Mc Dwarf »

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Rise of a Demon(Number of riots started 1)
« Reply #178 on: February 08, 2019, 12:01:45 pm »

First, have the 32 captives sacrificed. We will take that power from that sacrifice to mutate 8 cultists into Seducers, who are unnaturally beautiful and exude a corrupting influence. They will be gifted in assessing the desires of their targets, and mold themselves to match.  Repellant to those who are holy, but irresistible to the weak willed.

We then match most of the our forces, leaving behind a third of our cultists. We send in the seducers first to sway as much of the town rise against the priests. The soldiers will assassinate the priests if they are vulnerable, other wise guard the Seducers. We will send a Seducer to the mayor and Commander. Offer them power and wealth if they would serve us. We will then show up personally to hear their answer. Destroy them if they do not.

Once the mayor and commander are dealt with( or escape) send in the rest of our forces to either secure the town if we have it mostly converted, or to slaughter if we are largely opposed. Kreth will command these forces.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2019, 12:38:18 pm by chubby2man »

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
Re: The Rise of a Demon(Number of riots started 1)
« Reply #179 on: February 08, 2019, 12:22:25 pm »

I'm most behind your plan, however I'd like to make the following edits:

Don't eat all 32 captives. Accept up to 16 converts, and eat the rest. Second, the Seducers shouldn't just be unnaturally beautiful, but should also be able to tell what their target desires (be it power, fame, wealth or intimacy) and be able to provide it themselves or contact us for help.

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 41