Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 41

Author Topic: The Rise of a Demon (Number of ritual wedding duels: 1)  (Read 50867 times)

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Rise of a Demon(Number of riots started 1)
« Reply #180 on: February 08, 2019, 12:37:09 pm »

I'm most behind your plan, however I'd like to make the following edits:

Don't eat all 32 captives. Accept up to 16 converts, and eat the rest. Second, the Seducers shouldn't just be unnaturally beautiful, but should also be able to tell what their target desires (be it power, fame, wealth or intimacy) and be able to provide it themselves or contact us for help.

Oh that’s a good idea for the seducers. I’ll add it in. I do think that an increase in power from the sacrifice will be more useful for the takeover of the town than 16 new converts, however.
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: February 08, 2019, 12:57:46 pm »

I'm most behind your plan, however I'd like to make the following edits:

Don't eat all 32 captives. Accept up to 16 converts, and eat the rest. Second, the Seducers shouldn't just be unnaturally beautiful, but should also be able to tell what their target desires (be it power, fame, wealth or intimacy) and be able to provide it themselves or contact us for help.

Oh that’s a good idea for the seducers. I’ll add it in. I do think that an increase in power from the sacrifice will be more useful for the takeover of the town than 16 new converts, however.
+1, it's a good plan. Prior to assaulting the town, I feel we need to take advantage of the Gravecaller trait and reanimate several village's worth of undead, after converting a handful of them of course.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: February 08, 2019, 01:15:55 pm »

Maybe we could find a middle ground between consuming and raising? Perhaps we could rip the soul out of a body and eat it, leaving the corpse to reanimate. This assumes we don't find a few convenient graveyards after all.

Speaking of, we should raise whatever is still viable in Dresick's graveyard

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: February 08, 2019, 01:24:30 pm »

Maybe we could find a middle ground between consuming and raising? Perhaps we could rip the soul out of a body and eat it, leaving the corpse to reanimate. This assumes we don't find a few convenient graveyards after all.

Speaking of, we should raise whatever is still viable in Dresick's graveyard
+1, this should go without saying.

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: February 09, 2019, 12:40:10 am »

Now it is time for Canord to fall, for its citizens to truly know your wrath. You consume the thirty-two captives, feasting on their souls as their bodies are slowly shredded in your temple. Power rushes through you, and you pick out the eight most beautiful of your cultists, giving them twisted gifts. They scream in exquisite agony as their flesh warps, soaking in the dark energy that emanates from your core. Each of them turns into repellent old hags, but the eyes of those weak of mind or morals will see the most beautiful of women (or men). And when they look upon someone, they can see their truest desires and adjust themselves to match. You note with some amusement that they are very careful to avoid meeting your gaze, or the gaze of the Woemaker.

With that task accomplished, you call upon the dead, using your new power, and the general unease many of them are resting in nearby, to bring them into your service.  Most of the sacrifices are too mutilated to be of use, and even their souls are twisted and broken. Nearly two hundred piteous things rise up, barely visible, unable to touch the world. They wail at the sight of you and your followers, and whimper in endless agony. Aside from those, you awaken thirty zombies and six skeletons.

Two-thirds of your followers march from Dresick, while the remainder labor to continue fortifying. They also offer sacrifices, praying for good fortune and success in battle. With you at the head an army of monstrosities, the like of which have not been seen for centuries, marches. Your seducers go first, running as fast as they can to weaken Canord for you. Behind them advances a long column. You stride at their head, surrounded by a moaning shroud of helpless spirits. Flanking you are two babbling creatures, their four heads lolling about as their oversized bodies and twisted limbs struggle to maintain the pace. After comes orderly ranks of cultists, some bearing viciously barbed spears, others armed with nothing more than clubs and scythes and staffs. And behind them, boneys skulk and undead shamble, with the spirits of the wisp wights ranging out far and wide to find more prey for this hungry beast of war to feast upon.

You find more than you expected, although not as much as you would have liked. A few dozen scared, confused herdsmen and a peddler fall to your onslaught. Their reanimated corpses join those at the rear. As you pass the villages you destroyed, you command their dead as well. In total, a full hundred zombies and another thirty-seven skeletons join you. But fortune smiles upon you. With your recent increase in power, you gained a greater sense for death. Just south of Canord, in a broken ring of stones that might once have been a fortress, you find a great well of it. You whisper, and the soil churns. Out comes nearly fifty corpses, their eyes glowing with a baleful light, their blades dripping with oily black blood. Without a word, they form ranks at the head of your cultists, and none dare speak against them.

Your army hides in the abandoned mine you used when you last visited Canord, and you enter the town to see what progress your seducers have made. They have been hard at work, although they apparently had something of a squabble. Four sought to recruit among the masses instead, and they have gathered a small following of about forty people, consisting mostly of miners angry about the various new laws made after the riots. The others have done their best to weaken the mayor and the commander.

You enter the mayor’s office in the dead of night. She is there, barely awake, working through endless stacks of paperwork. When she sees you, she pulls out a knife and slashes at you. A few moments you are digesting your latest meal as you visit the commander. He has been suffering because of the new laws, including a ban on alcohol. It has left him particularly vulnerable to the manipulations of the seducers, and he swears himself to you in the hope that you will make him the warrior he was before he became a drunk.

The sum total of your forces with you are two brutes, fifteen wisp wights, one hundred and sixty-nine zombies, forty-three skeletons, fifty of the special undead you found by chance, thirteen boneys, thirty armed and trained cultists,  one hundred and two poorly armed and trained cultists, and you. You have forty-one miners, eight seducers, five soldiers, and their commander within the town.
Canord lies vulnerable, still reeling from the riots and the loss of the mayor. The commander and some of his men are yours, as is a contingent of rowdy miners. Their palisade has not been repaired, and your army is enough to strike fear in the heart of even the bravest.

Describe your last minute preparations and plan your assault. Canord will fall! (Probably.)

Full status

Current Status

Name: Klx-Dryklfx

Time: 3 months

Physical Might: 30+5 (+1 slaughter, +6 worship, -6 reanimation, -2 leakage)

Mental Might:
30+5 (+1 slaughter, +6 worship, -6 reanimation, -2 leakage)

Followers

13 Boneys, 30 armed and trained cultists, 169 poorly armed and trained cultists, 5 soldiers, 41 miners, 8 seducers, 1 commander

Servants

15 wisp wights, 2 brutes, 169 zombies, 43 skeletons, 50 special undead

Cults

The Broken
  Members: 13 Boneys, 169 poorly armed and trained cultists, 30 armed and trained cultists, 8 seducers
  Resources: 1
  Power: 15 (10 spent worshipping you, 7 spent digging a moat)

I would appreciate names for the new undead, and something to call cultists of different levels of equipment and training. If I like the names you come up with, their might be some sort of bonus...

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: February 09, 2019, 03:22:22 am »

The special undead are to be known as Wisp Wretches, for in a way they are similar to the Wisp Wights but far weaker, and afflicted with wretched, woe-begotten souls. The miners and poorly armed and trained cultists are to be called Thralls of whatever menial task they toiled before they learned to submit. Those we claimed at Carnord are Miner-Thralls, those we've recruited from the villages are Farmer-Thralls, and so on. This mining town is ripe for the conquest, but we can do more to smooth it over. First, we'll gift the Commander unnatural charisma, and instruct him to sway his men away from the faith as we redouble our efforts to corrupt the soldier's dreams. Second, the Seducers will redouble their efforts to corrupt the population while we put our Gravecaller trait to use reanimating the corpses in evacuated graveyards surrounding the settlement, and marching their contents to Canord. After a week has passed, we should have a sizable force and have the township crumbling from within.

Then, we'll be ready to strike by having saboteurs undermine their defenses to allow our undead hordes into the city. The Seducers will spark a frenzied riot with their followers in the name of our Evil, and the rest of the loyal peasantry should flee to the barracks and to the temple. Unbeknownst to them, most of the soldiers will be in our Thrall, and we will be waiting to consume those foolish mortals. The handful that fled into the temple will be safer, but not for long, as we send our +200 Thralls that don't care about the holy aura to batter down the doors and butcher everyone inside. After that, we'll spend a day desecrating the holy site, feasting on innocent flesh, and overseeing horrific displays of debauchery.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: February 09, 2019, 05:27:39 am »

The commander is a drunk and the soldiers want safety, why not help both at the same time.  Change those soldiers who pledge to us to feast on blood, flesh and souls empowering them as high functioning half dead things, healing themselves with the death of others.

They could be collectors and batteries of soul energy or whatever to heal themselves, then we can draw it out later from them for our own needs.  We need a way to contain more energy without it leaking some external sources like that might be a good idea.

We have plenty of warrior undead and some demon warriors we experimented with already, a ghoul/vampire demonic energy collector shouldn't be too hard to make.

We should wipe out the city entirely if we can hold the energy, except for those already corrupted into thralls.  We can recruit new cultists elsewhere later.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: February 09, 2019, 06:46:44 am »

The special undead are to be known as Wisp Wretches, for in a way they are similar to the Wisp Wights but far weaker, and afflicted with wretched, woe-begotten souls. The miners and poorly armed and trained cultists are to be called Thralls of whatever menial task they toiled before they learned to submit. Those we claimed at Carnord are Miner-Thralls, those we've recruited from the villages are Farmer-Thralls, and so on. This mining town is ripe for the conquest, but we can do more to smooth it over. First, we'll gift the Commander unnatural charisma, and instruct him to sway his men away from the faith as we redouble our efforts to corrupt the soldier's dreams. Second, the Seducers will redouble their efforts to corrupt the population while we put our Gravecaller trait to use reanimating the corpses in evacuated graveyards surrounding the settlement, and marching their contents to Canord. After a week has passed, we should have a sizable force and have the township crumbling from within.

Then, we'll be ready to strike by having saboteurs undermine their defenses to allow our undead hordes into the city. The Seducers will spark a frenzied riot with their followers in the name of our Evil, and the rest of the loyal peasantry should flee to the barracks and to the temple. Unbeknownst to them, most of the soldiers will be in our Thrall, and we will be waiting to consume those foolish mortals. The handful that fled into the temple will be safer, but not for long, as we send our +200 Thralls that don't care about the holy aura to batter down the doors and butcher everyone inside. After that, we'll spend a day desecrating the holy site, feasting on innocent flesh, and overseeing horrific displays of debauchery.
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: February 09, 2019, 12:03:45 pm »

The special undead are to be known as Wisp Wretches, for in a way they are similar to the Wisp Wights but far weaker, and afflicted with wretched, woe-begotten souls. The miners and poorly armed and trained cultists are to be called Thralls of whatever menial task they toiled before they learned to submit.

[/b] The Seducers will spark a frenzied riot with their followers in the name of our Evil, and the rest of the loyal peasantry should flee to the barracks and to the temple. Unbeknownst to them, most of the soldiers will be in our Thrall, and we will be waiting to consume those foolish mortals. The handful that fled into the temple will be safer, but not for long, as we send our +200 Thralls that don't care about the holy aura to batter down the doors and butcher everyone inside. After that, we'll spend a day desecrating the holy site, feasting on innocent flesh, and overseeing horrific displays of debauchery.

We should strike now while the town is still reeling in confusion. Have the Seducers start the riot as stated above, then send in our forces to strike down those not loyal. Have the Commander prove his loyalty by bring us the heads of the priests.

Delaying now will only give the priests the chance to rally whats left of the town for little gain on our end. We need to attack while they are disorganized and before any can flee and spread word. I feel like waiting now will bring more disadvantage than the advantages stated.

Also I feel like enhancing the Commander's Charisma is a waste. We have Seducers better suited for that. We should enhance his physical prowess, making him quicker and stronger.
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: February 09, 2019, 06:09:34 pm »

Since this is going to be a big and significant update, I am going to wait a while longer so more people can post if they are interested.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: February 09, 2019, 07:05:01 pm »

The special undead are to be known as Wisp Wretches, for in a way they are similar to the Wisp Wights but far weaker, and afflicted with wretched, woe-begotten souls. The miners and poorly armed and trained cultists are to be called Thralls of whatever menial task they toiled before they learned to submit.

[/b] The Seducers will spark a frenzied riot with their followers in the name of our Evil, and the rest of the loyal peasantry should flee to the barracks and to the temple. Unbeknownst to them, most of the soldiers will be in our Thrall, and we will be waiting to consume those foolish mortals. The handful that fled into the temple will be safer, but not for long, as we send our +200 Thralls that don't care about the holy aura to batter down the doors and butcher everyone inside. After that, we'll spend a day desecrating the holy site, feasting on innocent flesh, and overseeing horrific displays of debauchery.

We should strike now while the town is still reeling in confusion. Have the Seducers start the riot as stated above, then send in our forces to strike down those not loyal. Have the Commander prove his loyalty by bring us the heads of the priests.

Delaying now will only give the priests the chance to rally whats left of the town for little gain on our end. We need to attack while they are disorganized and before any can flee and spread word. I feel like waiting now will bring more disadvantage than the advantages stated.

Also I feel like enhancing the Commander's Charisma is a waste. We have Seducers better suited for that. We should enhance his physical prowess, making him quicker and stronger.
+1. You make several good points, and I feel this plan's superior to my own.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: February 10, 2019, 10:31:14 am »

+1. You make several good points, and I feel this plan's superior to my own.
+1 I'm gonna change my vote to this.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: February 10, 2019, 11:51:41 am »

You send a command to your seducers, ordering them to start a riot. They have a couple of their followers dress as members of the clergy and the town watch, and then they stage a brutal attack, casting themselves as the victims. The townsfolk are horrified to see such beautiful people – surely someone so lovely cannot be evil! – being treated so, and are quick to come to their aid, brutally beating the disguised miners to death.  Then the seducers – and some of their followers hidden in the crowd, begin shouting, demanding action. Cries demanding more soldiers and better protection turn into denunciation of the priests and the soldiers and the leaders of the town and the empire, and those turn into bloodthirsty shouts as a riot sweeps through the town, men and women with pitchforks and table legs begin attacking anything they see, even turning on each other in the maddening heat of the moment.

Those not involved seek shelter anywhere it can be found, hiding in their basements and the cellars of the inn. But the mob begins to burn the buildings, and the heat and the smoke and the collapsing buildings forces them out. They flee to the temple, to the garrison, to the mayor’s house. At the temple, they are given shelter. At the garrison, they are locked out on the orders of the commander. At the mayor’s house, they begin organizing and fortifying, praying for some force to end the madness.

A force comes to do so, although what it plans to replace the chaos with will be no better. Your thralls enter the town, keeping together as they make for the temple, slicing through the disorganized mob and panicked townspeople like a scythe through grass, cutting down dozens of people and leaving them lying in the street, literally trampling many to death. They are welcomed into the temple at first. Then the priests and their assistants see their bloody weapons, but it is too late.

Your followers force their way inside as people begin to draw back, those too slow finding themselves brutally slaughtered. But they find there is no way to escape, and their screams fill the air as they are butchered more brutally than anything the raging mob could imagine. And soon enough the temple begins to burn as well.

Meanwhile, you visit the commander once more, as he works to persuade the remaining soldiers to join him in worship of you. The five who already follow you pretend to waver, then give in, and one by one the others join in as. You landing right behind the commander might have had something to do with it, who knows.

You lay each of your four hands upon him, one on each shoulder and one on each hip. A modicum of your might flows into him, and he throws his head back and howls. His limbs spasm, but when you release him, he seems no different before. But then he moves, twice as sure and twice as strong as before. You tell him that to prove his loyalty and earn further blessings, he must bring you the heads of the priests.

The commander looks out at the column of smoke rising up from where the temple is. “I suspect someone else is already working on that.” He comments. “I brought these soldiers to serve you, my lord Klicks Drickle-fix,” he says, tongue twisting on the unfamiliar, impossible sounds. A couple of the soldiers locate distinctly green, even as this butchering of your name. “Does that not prove my willingness to serve? Or I can perform another task. Anything you command shall be done.”

Even as you contemplate how best to respond, you cast your mind out over the town. By and large, it has fallen. The temple has stopped burning, but your thralls have gathered up what they did not already destroy to burn the priests with. The seducers have found platforms, preaching to the dazed survivors of the riots, promising them salvation in service to you. There is little resistance, and what forms is swiftly put down. The vast majority of the town has fallen completely. All that remains is some hundred people who have fled to the mayor’s house.

They have fortified it, and somehow found a rather substantial stock of arms and armor. Even stranger, they acted with cohesion and discipline, like experienced soldiers. As a result, they managed to hold off all the attackers, and for now, your followers have left it alone.

This is the sole stronghold that still stands against you. What will you do? And how will you respond to the commander?

Also, only slightly less immediate is the question of the large number of new captives and cultists. How shall you organize them? And what plans do you have for them?

Full status

Current Status

Name: Klx-Dryklfx

Time: 3 months

Physical Might: 39+5 (+9 slaughter)

Mental Might:
39+5 (+9 slaughter)

Followers

13 Boneys, 30 soldier-thralls, 162 thralls, 50 soldiers, 37 miners, 8 seducers, 1 commander

Servants

15 wisp wights, 2 brutes, 169 zombies, 43 skeletons, 50  wisp wretches

Cults

The Broken
  Members: 13 Boneys, 162 thralls, 30 soldier-thralls, 8 seducers
  Resources: 1
  Power: 15 (10 spent worshipping you, 7 spent digging a moat)
« Last Edit: February 10, 2019, 12:06:33 pm by Urist Mc Dwarf »

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Rise of a Demon(Number of towns mostly burned down: 1)
« Reply #193 on: February 10, 2019, 12:14:08 pm »

Excellent work chubby2man, the only thing that remains is the destruction of the Mayor's house, but they are trapped and we can destroy them at our leisure. That said, we are under severe time constraints and its destruction cannot wait. First, we will reanimate Canord's dead as zombies, skeletons, and wisp wretches. Second, we will find the weakest-willed mortals in the fortified manor, and bring them to our fervent worship through corrupting their dreams. Then, they will sabotage the defenses of the structure, and our much-bolstered undead hordes, toting militia weapons and sufficiently hefty stolen tools will swarm the mayor's home, butchering all in their path. Only those who swore themselves to us, drop their weapons, and beg for mercy will be spared.

Assuming they manage to rebuff the undead, WE, wielding Desecrator, will attack it ourselves! I highly doubt whatever peasants are leftover will be able to put up any sort of meaningful defense, and they should crumble before our unholy onslaught. As for the Commander, we will concede that his efforts have proven his loyalty to us, however, if he wishes to receive another blessing he must train one-hundred Thralls of his choice to Soldier standard within two month's time and gather at least half that number in peasant captives in one more. That should be a simple enough task to accomplish, yet difficult enough to truly test his skills.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Rise of a Demon(Number of towns mostly burned down: 1)
« Reply #194 on: February 10, 2019, 12:58:20 pm »

As the commander is also in some rank in this empire, we need to know more about it politically and geographically.  Major cities, defenses, allies and enemies and so forth.  Yeah he should also now start training new soldiers.

Instead of raising the dead in the city as normal undead, lets have the whole town bring all dead to a central spot, then create some kind of huge siege monster zombie from the corpses.  Gaint, 4 large scything blades, some kind of toxic cloud breath weapon, dozens of small cat sized skeletal spider monsters riding it inside or outside that can swarm into any place it breaches or over walls.

We have some excess energy that we can use and we will need a siege engine of some kind later.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 41