Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 41

Author Topic: The Rise of a Demon (Number of ritual wedding duels: 1)  (Read 50912 times)

WyrdByrd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Rise of a Demon(Number of towns mostly burned down: 1)
« Reply #225 on: February 12, 2019, 02:09:03 pm »

If that's the case, the news about the rebels is already a few months out of date, unless longe range comms is a thing.

I'm which case I support Ardent's plan,  except for the bit about going West. Maybe send a few seducers that way though?
We could have them hitch a ride with the caravans or refugee groups. There's bound to be  several groups leaving the area due to the "raiders".

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: February 12, 2019, 02:25:34 pm »

Yes. The several weeks is for you, the several months would be for a mortal with a good horse.
Ah, in that case then, I feel we should focus entirely on corrupting the nearest community. In the future, I feel we should look into creating a network of hellish portals to connect our bastions, and smooth over some of the logistics issues.

From henceforth, the Commander shall be known as Duthrax Soul-Render, and he shall be the first and fiercest of our Thrallherds.

Thrallherd? Such a paltry title befits the  minor officers within an army, not the marshal of our  finest troops! Hostmaster would be a far more prestigious designation.

As for the sword, it should sing the fates of those who dared defied us, sapping the wills of foes mid-battle, a Herald  for the forces of Klx-Dryklfx.
Indeed, I see I was mistaken. I feel we should have a regimented hierarchy for our marshals, going something like,

Thrallherd:
- Leads 100 troops
- Has Enhanced Strength
- Has Corrupt Weapon

Thrall-Lord:
- Leads 1,000 troops
- Over 10 Thrallherds
- Enhanced Strength is doubled
- Weapon is further corrupted
- Has Demonic Armor enchanted for impossible durability

Hostmaster
- Leads 10,000 troops
- Over 10 Thrall-Lords
- Enhanced Strength is five-fold greater
- Weapon is corrupted to the extent Desecrator was to begin with
- Demonic Armor is corrupted to emanate an Aura of Domination

I feel Hostmaster is a bit much for only 100 troops, and eventually we're going to need a way to distinguish nameless lieutenants from our true generals.

If that's the case, the news about the rebels is already a few months out of date, unless longe range comms is a thing.

I'm which case I support Ardent's plan,  except for the bit about going West. Maybe send a few seducers that way though?
We could have them hitch a ride with the caravans or refugee groups. There's bound to be  several groups leaving the area due to the "raiders".
Clever, let's create two new Seducers and send them that way.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2019, 02:28:03 pm by Ardent Debater »

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: February 12, 2019, 02:28:28 pm »

We've gotta be careful with the booms, I'm not sure how much raw power a human can safely take.

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: February 12, 2019, 02:28:51 pm »

So...I want to create some symbols for Klx-Dryklfx, Kreth Woemaker, and your cults. I can't do graphic design though...

So anyone who makes and submits a symbol will get one bonus. This bonus can be applied to any action or event, and will translate to roughly a 5% boost to 1 die roll.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: February 12, 2019, 02:31:43 pm »

We've gotta be careful with the booms, I'm not sure how much raw power a human can safely take.
Of course, if our thralls can't handle direct infusions, we can always enchant their armor instead.

So...I want to create some symbols for Klx-Dryklfx, Kreth Woemaker, and your cults. I can't do graphic design though...

So anyone who makes and submits a symbol will get one bonus. This bonus can be applied to any action or event, and will translate to roughly a 5% boost to 1 die roll.
I'll look into doing something in MS Paint. Does anyone have any suggestions?

WyrdByrd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: February 12, 2019, 03:05:04 pm »

For the  main cult, I was thinking of playing up the castle  as part of their livery. Maybe it emblazoned with Kix-Dryklfx's colors?
Also, made a clip-art concept of the seducer  cult symbol. Thoughts so far?
https://imgur.com/JRnSrVE
« Last Edit: February 12, 2019, 03:17:10 pm by WyrdByrd »

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: February 12, 2019, 03:55:10 pm »

It's interesting, but it seems more like it would be associated with Kreth. I pictured the seducers having a more...subtly symbol, since they are in hostile territory.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: February 12, 2019, 04:00:45 pm »

I quite like the idea of a subtle symbol, like the Christians used tht fish symbol back in Roman times.

Maybe something like this:

>¡<

WyrdByrd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: February 12, 2019, 04:03:18 pm »

I quite like the idea of a subtle symbol, like the Christians used tht fish symbol back in Roman times.

>¡<
Are we just limiting the seducers to underground recruitment, or will they be directly advertising their religion?

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: February 12, 2019, 04:06:40 pm »

Depends on how strict the current Good aligned faith is with unorthodoxy/heresy/foreign religion. In places with free religion ww can definitely be open, in other places we may have to be covert.

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: February 12, 2019, 05:38:45 pm »

Generally, other religions are tolerated, as long as they accept the primacy of the Andoran orthodoxy and don't feature human sacrifice. However, the nature of your faith has led your seducers to remain hidden.

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: February 12, 2019, 06:41:25 pm »

>¡<

Haha yes! +1

As for the castle, we are about average demon strength, which is probably stronger than even an arch necromancer. I think we should check it out before we expand out of the area. Otherwise I support Ardents plan.
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: February 12, 2019, 06:53:19 pm »

>¡<

Haha yes! +1

As for the castle, we are about average demon strength, which is probably stronger than even an arch necromancer. I think we should check it out before we expand out of the area. Otherwise I support Ardents plan.
+1. I agree with the symbol, but feel we should wait until we've ransacked another 2-3 towns before investigating the castle further.

WyrdByrd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: February 12, 2019, 07:15:59 pm »

>¡<

Haha yes! +1

+1. I agree with the symbol, but feel we should wait until we've ransacked another 2-3 towns before investigating the castle further.

We should at least garrison a force at the  castle, to ensure nothing unwanted enters or exits it.  Investigation is optional at this stage.

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: February 12, 2019, 11:57:04 pm »

You investigate the graveyard, seeking to determine the cause of the disturbance. You find that the bone pits in their heart have shifted, revealing something which was buried inside: a large, black metal cask, sealed shut and engraved with a variety of runes. There are very few things such a vessel could not contain. Cautiously, you probe it with your mind. The contents are almost disappointing mundane. There are some specters inside. You release them and bind them to your service, before putting the cask back. It could be useful one day.

With a dismissive wave of your hand, you raise some more skeletons and have them march out to join your army. Now, you consider how to spread fear among the populace north of you. You recall how well fear worked at Dresick, and select the 10 stealthiest soldiers, blessing them with fragments of your power. Each of them stays exactly the same in appearance, except their eyes grow darker, and their irises bigger. The effect is subtle. What is not subtle is how they move  - they walk with more grace than your average deer, and are likely just as fast as one, over short distances at least. They have also gained some minor instincts for stealth, making it easier for them to stay hidden, and an ability to sense the surface thoughts of those around them.

You dispatch them north to bring terror and death to your foes, striking wherever an opportunity presents itself.

Duthrax Soul-Render, currently a Thrallherd and certain to rise higher as your armies grow, bows respectfully as he oversees training of the second hundred. These ones are more focused on archery, with only a few regular infantry. They are already quite skilled, firing volley after volley with steady, unceasing accuracy.

The captives are put to work in the mines, given the hardest and dirtiest jobs, and improving your production. Apparently, plans are being made to sacrifice one to you with every feast, until they have all died or joined your followers in truth.

Your Doom-Seers and Seekers depart with Kreth Woemaker, intending to wreak more havoc, but in Kreth’s name and not your own. They take all your skeletons and fill out the rest of their ranks with zombies, and go looking for villages to slaughter and raise.

Meanwhile, you head north, to the town of Avar, built on a river crossing. It’s a rambling, chaotic place, not contained in the slightest by its walls, which slump in disrepair. Several waterwheels turn in the river, powering giant mills, and the docks and extensive and well-built. Here there is a stark divide, with stately, white-columned homes just a few streets away from muddy streets and flimsy shacks. The mere sight of it fills you with glee.

Soon enough you find your Seducer when you spot her sign: >¡<. Disguising yourself as one of the shepherds you ate, you enter the tavern, and spot her, calmly talking with a few men and women from behind the bar, discussing the failures of the church to protect the downtrodden. As your presence fills the room and your hand reaches out to touch her mind, her tongue grows swifter, her comments more subtle. Where people were uneasy, now they need eagerly. Of course! They therefore need to turn to some other faith…She nods, and begins serving drinks. You sit at the bar, and take in the room, noting your other cultists, one standing in front of the door, one subtly watching it, and the third in the attic, praying to you.

You go upstairs to join him, finding a simple altar. You lay down next to it and you dream. Something is different now…something has entered the dreamscape, turning what was once firm ground into thick, clinging mud. You reach out and touch a mind skilled in magic…but you cannot enter, and you only glean a few surface thoughts. Most are insignificant, but one stands out. They are traveling south, planning to investigate the rumors slowly spreading, which most dismiss as mad ramblings of drunken peasants.

Withdrawing from the dreamscape, you turn your attention to investigating the other going-ons in your cult. Kreth has grown greatly in strength, having found no significant obstacles. Some of the villagers he slaughtered have chosen to join you instead, swelling your numbers. Do you…

[] Accept them
[] Enslave them
[] Kill them

The Doom-Seers and Doom-Seekers have done better than expected. In addition to raising the 50 zombies you demanded, they accidentally made a wisp wight. They are now working to understand how to do so. However, they have been neglecting to work on their other magical skills…necromancy is a broad discipline. Should they…

[] Keep working on the wisp wights
[] Study other kinds of magic

The Hunters are still traveling north. For now, your primary concern is what to do about the mage. She is fairly skilled, and could be a dangerous threat or a useful tool. You have a few days before you need to act however…

[] Kill her
[] Convert her
[] Subvert her

Full status

Current Status

Name: Klx-Dryklfx

Time: 5.25 months

Physical Might: 53+6 (- 4 undead, - 6 hunters, +9 worship)

Mental Might: ] 52+6 (- 4 undead, - 6 hunters, +9 worship, -1 high-seducer)

Followers

13 Boneys, 134 thralls, 220 soldiers, 7 seducers, 26 peasants, 10 Hunters, 1 High Seducer, 14 Doom-Seekers, 2 Doom-Seers

Slaves
97 slaves

Servants

16 wisp wights, 2 brutes, 367 zombies, 79 skeletons, 50 wisp wretches, 9 weeping sores, 19 specters

Cults

The Broken
  Members: 13 Boneys, 134 thralls, 220 soldiers, 14 Doom-Seekers, 2 Doom-Seers
Slaves: 97
  Resources: 42(-20 construction, - 6 forging, + 5 looted caravans, +5/week demonic crops, +5/week iron mines )
  Power: 22 (5 spent worshipping you, 6 spent on training, 6 spent on construction, 5 spent gathering resources)
Unnamed cult
Members: 7 seducers and 24 thralls, and 26 peasants split among 8 locations, 1 high seducer
Resources: 0
Power: 8 (1 spent worshipping you, 4 spent recruiting)
Fortresses
Canord
   Strong walls (35), Deep moat (20), Thorn fences (10) Demonic crops, plentiful mines, Strong aura of domination
Champions
Kreth Woemaker
   Physical might: 9
   Mental might: 9
   Other: Magic cloak

Duthrax Soul-Render, First of the Thrall-Herds
  Physical might: 5 + 1
  Mental might: 3 + 1
  Other: Duelist, skilled commander, Herald

Kashyyk, you have one bonus.

Also, do you guys have any feedback for my writing?
« Last Edit: February 13, 2019, 12:05:20 am by Urist Mc Dwarf »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 41