Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Improving Processor Speed and problems with Dell, please help me  (Read 3669 times)

Lupin6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Improving Processor Speed and problems with Dell, please help me
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2019, 06:57:42 pm »

:shrug:   no idea, I've not had an AMD card since the late nineties. Although it doesn't sound awe inspiring tbh.

I've found a page where they benchmark it with the fps you can expectnin several games, compared to their reqs. That might give you a clue https://technical.city/en/video/Radeon-530

At the bottom they offer a benchmark comparison with other cards, and they conclude

We believe that the nearest equivalent to Radeon 530 from NVIDIA is GeForce GT 650M, which is nearly equal in speed and lower by 1 position in our rating

So it's kinda barely above the minimum sysreqs. That doesn't mean it will *actually* work, or be playable.

Honestly, like I said before, you have to be realistic. You're not going overboard on hardware, for certain. I think a GT650M is what my 2012 PC has, back home, and if the AMD 530 is equivalent to that, well.... it will run things. But bear in mind that it used to be a high standard... 7 years ago (and I think even then it was upper quartile, not quite "top of the market")

If you'll allow me to be brutally honest:  Be prepared to cough up far more money for an actual gaming rig, or else temper your expectations, I'd say. :/

sigh Well, it's not like I haven't thought about getting a second computer as a proper back up machine (as opposed to my older ones I have in storage)...

But the graphics card is still better than the one on the laptop I'm using now, right?

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Re: Improving Processor Speed and problems with Dell, please help me
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2019, 07:56:08 pm »

Yes but it seems to me that you're burning money on second rate computers that don't quite do what you want them to do. Wouldn't it be better to save it for one with better features that would do what you want it to do for longer? That graphics card IS better than an integrated graphics card, but still...

BTW: I was thinking that maybe you should troubleshoot those two games in their respective forums, because I *have* run Hand of Fate 1 without too much issue, at low res, in integrated graphics. Maybe there is an easily fixable way to make them playable on your PC
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.
Pages: 1 [2]