Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14

Author Topic: Ye Titans! IC [12/12+4/12]  (Read 12665 times)

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
Re: Ye Titans! IC [12/12+4/12]
« Reply #105 on: February 06, 2019, 04:39:51 pm »

Confirm seeking out Fourth Banner who is seeking you out and attacking, O hidden gods? @OverseerOfChallenges, @MotherProtector

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 06, 2019, 04:45:16 pm »

Confirm seeking out Fourth Banner who is seeking you out and attacking, O hidden gods? @OverseerOfChallenges, @MotherProtector
The Overseer is the Overseer, she shall not let anyone steal a fellow God.
I stab at thee, Fourth Banner!

For some strange reason, the Overseer stays her hand. Instead slinking back into the void.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2019, 05:04:00 pm by Happy Demon »
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 06, 2019, 04:49:06 pm »

The Unsealed Eye, briefly ecstatic with the destruction of the Aquarius Novasphere, gazes upon the remaining Titans discussing how best to Creation in disgust, and it is certain if he had a mouth to spit, he would. Amid the din of deities arguing, kidnapping, and otherwise acting to further their own ambitions, the Hateful Orb remains, and with one voice he bellows, and all others turn to listen.

"SILENCE!!!"

"IMBECILIC TITANS AND FOOLISH UPSTARTS, IN MY OBSERVANCES, IT HAS BECOME APPARENT TO ME THAT IF THERE IS TO BE A SECOND CREATION MOST FILTHILY FETHING FOUL, IT IS TO HAVE STRUCTURE, SO AS TO PREVENT THE CEASELESS BICKERING OF YOU LOT OF SPOILED, WHINING, OVERGROWN CHILDREN! TO THIS END, I HAVE DRAFTED AN EDICT, WRITTEN UPON THE BLASTED PULP OF YGGDRASIL IN INK DERIVED FROM THE ASHES OF THE SAME, AND I URGE YOU TO MAKE A DECISION UPON ITS UNIVERSAL ADOPTION OR LACK THEREOF!"

Quote from:  The Titanic Edict
THE TITANIC EDICT

It is hereby declared that this document is a codification and alteration of the laws of the functioning of reality whereby to improve the prosperity of the Titanic class and thus ensure the wellbeing of the world.

As such we should be remiss to not clarify that this document has been written and agreed upon by several of our number and is by no means a solitary effort. To move to main subject matter of this edict and its effects upon Creation at large.

First and most important, so as to ensure the Titans present during and immediately after the advent of the First Creation are not left bereft of resources, four Flux wells are to be established, each providing their claimant(s) with a quantity of Flux sufficient to produce an array of Marbles in accordance to its type, and be refilled every tick, so that the Titans shall never fade into irrelevance, and the Lesser Divinities shall not be eternally in their shadow.

These Flux wells are to correspond to the Essences of Fire and Death, Air and Astral, Water and Nature, and Earth and Blood, respectively. Holy is to remain a commodity, not to be spent frivolously, though this Edict holds provisions for the production of such. As they are underpinnings of reality’s primordial change, each Flux well may be claimed by a single Titan, cabal of Titans, or pantheon of Lesser Deities, at the cost of 20% of their EE income and 1 Free Action, or 40% of their EE income, at their discretion, per turn.

In exchange for this leviathan investment, the claimant will receive an unrestricted monopoly on the contents of the Flux well, assuming they are able to hold their claim. Otherwise, each Flux well’s contents are to be distributed evenly across the Titans, in a similar, albeit reduced fashion to the income prior to the First Creation. Should the Titans have a 9-3 vote on the distribution, this may change, though a vote alone may not override a claim.

As flux is innately unstable, there is an 2% chance that one of the wells will overflow each tick, causing high levels of background Flux for that tick, in accordance to the Essences which the Flux well contains, with all its attendant side-effects.

Secondly, to draw on the mysterious power of dreams, Titans may, at their discretion, commit actions to sleeping and dreaming, increasing their essence income in the new Essence stream on the following tick, with more ticks spent sleeping and dreaming resulting in a proportionate, linear increase of income.

Thirdly, and of lesser import yet of no less interest, to ensure the steady proliferation of Deific Life, the Recordance of Strife, and the scarcely mutable Rule of Law, a triune of Titles are to be established, these being two Primogenitors, and Hierarch. These Titles are to be assigned through Titanic vote, 7-5 for either of the former, and 8-4 for the latter.

The two Primogenitors (also known as Patriarchs, Matriarchs or Stirpses) are to be focused on the proliferation of Deific Life, and are to receive a series of boons to ensure ease of delivery, but to ensure the diversity of Deific Life, a deity may sit in the Primogenitor position only four turns at most in succession, and upon resignation, they may not reclaim the Title until a minimum of two turns have passed since they have last held the seat. Attempting to bypass the two turn limit is impossible, definitely.

The first and foremost of these boons is to be a discount, each child the sitting Primogenitors has is to be 1 Marble cheaper, for each child they have had whilst laying claim to the Titles. This discount is not to carry over between terms, but it does apply for each child, each of a set of twins, triplets, or more are eligible for a discount. This may not result in free Marbles. Lastly and secondly among these boons, each turn, the Primogenitors have a 25% chance to receive 1 Holy Marble, and a 25% chance to receive 1 random lesser Marble. These are not to overlap, though they may occur one turn after the other.

The Hierarch is to be focused on the maintenance of the Divine Hierarchy, and the orchestration of the Divine Law. Each turn they hold the position, they have a 50% chance to receive 1-3 Marbles of a random, non-Holy type, and will be considered the de jure authority of Law in the Second Creation, able to draft binding contracts at a 50% discount. These contracts must be consented to by all parties involved, and once accepted, are binding. Any who attempt to break the writing of a contract are to be fined no more and no less than double the cost the Hierarch spent to draft the contract, half of which shall refund the Hierarch, the other half of which shall go to a deity of the Hierarch’s choice or disperse, transparently chosen upon the drafting of the contract, at their discretion.

In exchange for the revenue of Marbles and the authority to draft binding contracts, the Hierarch is tasked with recording the intricate vassal and liege fealty relations of the various titans and gods, possibly in the form of some sort of chart or list, and with archiving all the settlements ending divine conflicts, and binding contracts in general. Unlike the positions of Patriarch and Matriarch, the position of Hierarch receives no term limit, and the Hierarch may hold the position so long as they deem fit, though a vote of 8-4 is sufficient to oust them.

Finally, to codify these rules and this hierarchy, the community of Titans unifies into one entity under the name of "the First Precept". This entity is not a Pantheon, and is not to be considered a Pantheon in any way, shape or form. Membership of this entity is self-declared, but is limited to Titans. The English word 'entity' can from now on only refer to a group consisting of more than one being.

- Written, Drafted, and Revised by the Committee of Calamity

Zo'Vass, among others, puts forth an Edict proposal.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2019, 04:50:52 pm by Ardent Debater »

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 06, 2019, 04:57:27 pm »

The Defender shares 3 Essence with Zo'Vass, as well as 1 Astral marble.
Hollow Dreamer supports the Titanic edict with 3 essence and 1 Air marble.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2019, 02:22:57 pm by Demonic Spoon »

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 06, 2019, 05:20:08 pm »

thethirteenth.moveResources(zovasstheundoer, ee, 3);
thethirteenth.moveResources(zovasstheundoer, b, 1);

The Thirteenth grants Zo'Vass 3 Essence and 1 Blood marble, earmarked for use on the Titanic Edict.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #110 on: February 06, 2019, 05:44:36 pm »

"Well, Titans, vote quickly, then. Destiny waits for no one, as it seems. As for the matter of the Edict proposed, I have no issue.

For the sake of record-keeping, I will reiterate the current plan for the world, with the modifications suggested by Midan as a compromise."
The great Dark Sun, the Hollow Dreamer, shall stand suspended in the center of the world by her web. The Dark Sun will be orbited by moons and celestial phenomena, to create weather and seasons upon  the planet; these moons shall move along their set paths as determined by how they sit upon the strings of the web, pushed along by the Meta Machine's celestial mechanics. The dark sun shall provide warmth and pressure, but not light, to the world below; what light that comes from the heavens shall be provided by moons and constellations alone. In this way, the Dark Sun will stabilize the world, preventing it from collapsing inward.

The crust of the planet shall surround the Hollow Dreamer, creating a hollow world. The crust is made of a vast variety of lichens and mosses, to create a basis for various biomes in their various compositions and natures. This crust shall slowly, gradually give way to a layer of rock as one progresses "deeper," or further away from the sun, which will comprise the outermost layers of the world.

The outer surface of the world shall be lit by another set of moons, but their light is cold; heat must be found by taking refuge deeper, creating one's own, or settling near one of the great lava seas found on the surface. Some of these may reach far enough to have vents on the inner layer, prevented from flowing too far in either direction by the balance of forces without and within. Most of the lava found upon this world is dark, yet gives off life-nourishing heat nonetheless.

Transit between the two layers could be accomplished, but would be difficult, requiring some kind of blessings, knowledge of magic, or simply great amounts of time. Rifts may exist that connect the outside to the inside, and transit will be easiest along the strands of webbing that travel outside the shell of the world.
"Should any opposed tarry in doing so, I will create the world without their input. Be warned."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 06, 2019, 05:51:39 pm »

"MoooOOoooo"

Code: [Select]
Dance, I. Maypole, destinies.
1 Aligned action: dance dance revolution for 2d6 blood marbles!
1 aligned action: dance dance revolution for 2d6 random marbles!
1 action: rut with the One True Edict!
« Last Edit: February 06, 2019, 06:06:30 pm by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 06, 2019, 07:11:19 pm »

"MoooOOoooo"

Code: [Select]
Dance, I. Maypole, destinies.
1 Aligned action: dance dance revolution for 2d6 blood marbles!
1 aligned action: dance dance revolution for 2d6 random marbles!
1 action: rut with the One True Edict!

The Forbidden Observer facepalms with his seven hands... and then chops the head of the First Precept once with each his seven hands! Those are gentle chops, not intended to cave their head-in.
[Watch your manners!]

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 06, 2019, 08:10:19 pm »

((I may have accidentally futzed up some numbers, so feel free to point out any errors I made.))

First if all, I donate 1B and 4 EE towards funding The Titanic edict
(Free action 1)Then, I go to my recently constructed pillar, and uplift one of the servant level bots into an archangel, tasked with controlling the other bots, and given the power to do so, hopefully.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

(Aligned action 1)While I am there, I create a lesser plane using 2S 1E and 1D (along with the essence cost), The Vault of cogs, whose entrance lies inside my pillar, and will open wide when the word for the end is finally spoken. Inside, lies an afterlife, storage dimension, and foundry, all rolled into one. It possesses grand factories that mass produce the mecha that the souls of the dead will be entombed in, along with space combat drones, servant bots, and transports to get the stuff to the ground. The vault itself is a massive twisting array of clockwork rooms, vaulted ceilings, and hundreds of smaller vaults waiting to be filled.
(Free Action 2)After that I spend 1 H and 2EE to create a race of lesser servants from the spare parts in my pillar
(Aligned action 2) Next, feeling like making something to wreak some havoc, I create a monster using 1 B and 1E
(Free action 3) Finally, I create a mech and store it in the vault, because why not
Quote from: evicted Saint on discord
Weaponizing Jesus isn't something you do turn 4
Quote from: Alice on a different discord, to iridium, kind of.
hold on, let me keep blowing kisses at him until he stops
My Power armor arms race

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 06, 2019, 08:20:54 pm »

"I have designed an edict of my own. See, there was a little loophole in the verbosity rules the Destinies set upon us..."

With a little cackle, the Thirteenth spends A+S+N+14EE on the Edict of Exceptional Rules, a Titanic Edict.

It opens its mouth, and something comes out:

Quote from: the False Edict of Exceptional Rules
JELLY ROLLS JELLY ROLLS JELLY ROLLS JELLY ROLLS JELLY ROLLS JELLY ROLLS JELLY ROLLS JELLY ROLLS JELLY ROLLS JELLY ROLLS JELLY ROLLS JELLY ROLLS
JELLY ROLLS JELLY ROLLS JELLY ROLLS JELLY ROLLS JELLY ROLLS JELLY ROLLS JELLY ROLLS JELLY ROLLS JELLY ROLLS JELLY ROLLS JELLY ROLLS JELLY ROLLS
The universe will not implode, explode or in any way be destroyed because of any paradox or corruption or broken logic in an Edict or any other action, be it divine or not. Destruction because of other reasons is still possible.

"Er, the edict might have been corrupted somehow. No matter, at least the most important rule remains intact.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 06, 2019, 09:35:05 pm »

The Forbidden Observer recoiled in disgust upon seeing the horrendous Edict of the Thirteen!
[Writing an Edict in a language that isn't English... such heresy! May you suffer from the consequences of your vile creation, mad Thirteen.]

Action 1: Artifact 1 NATURE 1BLOOD 1AIR 1WATER 20EE
Still holding a clump of withered branches from the Yggdrassil, the Observer crushed them into the shape of a ball of vines and roots. Using his shaping powers, he then crafted a Titanic Artifact from the remnants of Yggdrassil.
A Nature Marble for its shape, a Blood Marble for strength, an Air Marble for precision and a Water Marble for speed.

Name: Chains of the Transgressors
Description/Background: Shaped from withered branches of the destroyed Yggdrassil. In Inactive form, the Chains look like an orb of tightly interwoven vines and roots. When activated, the Chains burst out from their orb form, spreading in a variable arc toward the targets of its user in order to bind them. The bound targets will be unable to move or act if their power is not great enough, and at worse the Chains will only weaken the targets.
They can even bind abstract entities, such as Edicts of less tier, or Powers, cancelling or weakening them.

Traits:
[Restrict Movement and Actions of Bound Targets]
[Weaken Bound Targets]
[Can Bind Abstract Entities: Edicts, Powers...]
[Failsafe: Does not affect the Forbidden Observer?]

Action 2: SEE 1 NATURE 4 ESSENCE
[I MUST SEE]

The Forbidden Observer extended his seven arms outward, taking off his cloak in a dramatic way. He then focused all of his SIGHT into his eye, scrying the Bubble for the mysterious structure he got a glimpse of. He attempted to ascertain its precise location and Nature.

Being quite the multitasker, he kept a portion of his consciousness on the lookout to watch his back for any stabbing attempt, and possibly detect secret actions related to him? Furthermore, he channeled magic in his sixth and seventh arms to respectively scramble attempts at gathering information from his own action, and counter-scramble attempts at scrambling his scrying attempt. Well, suffice to say he was ready to counter-counter-...-counter-scramble as much as necessary to not be disturbed!

If it succeeded, the Observer would keep all his learnt to himself.

Quote from: New Balance
The Forbidden Observer:
   Marbles: F, 1A, 2W, 3E, 2S, D, 1N, 1B, 3H
   Essence: 0EE

« Last Edit: February 06, 2019, 10:46:13 pm by Nakéen »

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 06, 2019, 09:49:25 pm »

1 action: Rut with Midan. Consent acquired.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 07, 2019, 12:01:19 am »

While rutting with the First Precept, Midan uses a Blood marble and a Holy marble to improve the results of the process. The exact involvement of the marbles is left as an exercise for the reader.

At exactly the same time, without stopping what he was doing, Midan throws a nature marble and three essence to Zo'Vass, and then tells Defender 'prefers of planet outermost shell to be uninhabitable, empty, unused. occupation thereof with lava accepts, desires also lack of atmosphere. of moons fundamentally opposes creation. requests finally, liquid water should be absent, lava at comfortable temperature for life, landmasses of ice which melts not. open to negotiation remains, though attention limited.'
« Last Edit: February 07, 2019, 12:58:06 am by Maximum Spin »

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #118 on: February 07, 2019, 01:13:30 am »

"What say you to the coexistence of both water and lava seas, and the same for ice and stone landmasses? There is no law stating we must have one or the other."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 07, 2019, 01:30:48 am »

"What say you to the coexistence of both water and lava seas, and the same for ice and stone landmasses? There is no law stating we must have one or the other."
'opposition to liquid water solely on desire to differentiate from preceding failed creation premised; stone landmasses entirely reasonable and indeed expected. opposition to liquid water not strong, but would greatly please.'
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14