Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup .23 Tournament, Get on a Bay 12 team now!  (Read 6396 times)

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup .23 Tournament, Get on a Bay 12 team now!
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2019, 07:50:19 pm »

Oh thank God, I managed a win.  Quite why I thought my first ever excursion into a Zig was a good idea on this run I have no idea, that was way too close for comfort.

it's funny how zigs are fine until suddenly... they're not

FakerFangirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2019, 10:55:40 pm »

Demigods level really slowly. Almost died three times! Going for a Barachim berserker now  8) Erica burnt through all my potions but I built up my stock again and have nice AC/SH.
"Should we call a beak dog a gobbo doggo?" - Relevant_-_-Username

Coffeespoons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2019, 05:38:40 am »

Oh dear, another day some more silly mistakes.   Really nice Gargoyle died in Swamp.  Posting just to remind my stupid self of a couple of things:

I did have something that would have helped - amulet of reflection against ranged.  Need to look through other items than just consumables.
Please don't do branch ends this early, they're much nastier than the earlier levels.

I'm really enjoying playing some Crawl again. I think the game is in a good place right now, a lot of the changes such as food stockpiling in one category, auto-eat when resting and so on have improved game.  MiBe still a tank but there's a mind boggling range of options of race/bg/god now.

We seem to have dropped slightly down the clan leader board but still very respectable.  Keep it up!

Coffeespoons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2019, 06:03:12 am »

Hey Vogon, just found one of your ghosts.  Going to leave you be, for the moment.

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2019, 08:44:57 am »

We seem to have dropped slightly down the clan leader board but still very respectable.  Keep it up!

i have a good start going on a GrGl^TSO right now. if i win it'll be a streak and a new combo (all around) for me. on the last level of shoals (first rune)

unfortunately i'm not that optimistic because i put too much into maces at the start. should have put more into fighting, i think. but if i'm careful i can make it work. would be nice to find a demon whip soon, although i've noticed that most of the best Gr runs I've seen end up using axes anyway.

it was very noticeable in, say, tomb on my mifi run, but tso+cleaving is really the easiest way to stay alive in any undead/demon-filled branch. but then again, torment resist on Gr should make it easier anyway.

edit: whelp, dead. tabbed too much into an alligator snapping turtle and kraken, and got unlucky on the javelin reflects. whoops. had a snazzy hat, too.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2019, 08:58:05 am by ZeroGravitas »

FakerFangirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2019, 05:28:20 am »

Almost died to Lom Lobon - silence does NOT work against it!
"Should we call a beak dog a gobbo doggo?" - Relevant_-_-Username

Coffeespoons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 12, 2019, 11:37:42 am »

Finally got myself another rune but holy moly Okawaru and the dungeon have given me rubbish stuff despite a D2 altar.

the +1 pair of boots of Absence (worn) {rF- Str+5 Slay+5} is a tricky one as I've no other source of rF apart from a ring of Fire (which is C-)

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 12, 2019, 11:48:43 am »

Probably wouldn't want to use them until you can balance it out later - but the +5 slaying should make it worth it eventually

Coffeespoons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 12, 2019, 12:02:02 pm »

2 scrolls of acquirement for treasure trove?

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 12, 2019, 12:32:16 pm »

2 scrolls of acquirement for treasure trove?

i'd say yes - troves usually have 12-18 items in them. so unless you specifically need to ask for a weapon/armor/something, you're pretty likely to get a ~16 items.

make sure you've identified "bad" kinds of jewelry and stuff first, otherwise it might waste spawn slots on things like amulets of inaccuracy.

Coffeespoons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 12, 2019, 01:28:44 pm »

That's helpful, thanks.

Another thing I've learnt is that portal timers keep running out (albeit slower) when you're not even on the level.

Snagged a second rune with my slightly unlucky GrMo.  Fingers crossed. God gifts have been pretty dire except for this lovely thing: the +4 arbalest of Taadder {penet, rElec rC+ Int-2 Stlth+}

https://crawl.xtahua.com/crawl/morgue/coffeespoons/coffeespoons.txt

Tegga21

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 12, 2019, 03:57:39 pm »

Just won another nemelex combo

Felid Warper

AT LEVEL 18!!!!!!!!  took some doing to not level up, but it was the easiest ascension ever (after a very long/hard slow game)  only saw 1 hellion and one orb guardian on the way out

We are on the front page! Lowest XL win of the tournament

Coffeespoons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 12, 2019, 04:34:26 pm »

Agh.  Help!

https://crawl.xtahua.com/crawl/morgue/coffeespoons/coffeespoons.txt

Got 3 runes but silenced, surrounded, low HP

Coffeespoons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 12, 2019, 04:34:48 pm »

Amazing win!

Coffeespoons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 12, 2019, 04:43:14 pm »

Dammit dammit dammit.  Died... had 8k gold and warning that bazaar on level so ran past a load of nasties.  Got mesmerised by Jory.  Popped silence hoping to use wand of digging to escape - but didnt realise that silence stopped wands too.

Buffed and drank beserk rage to try and fight to stairs.  Stupidly didnt drink last of Healing potions first...

So many mistakes, so cross.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6