Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Conductor's Jubilee  (Read 214 times)

TrickleJest

• Bay Watcher
  • I write things.
    • View Profile
Conductor's Jubilee
« on: April 18, 2019, 02:51:43 pm »

Conductor's Jubilee: Seven Years of Void and Zilch

The city is enjoying a carnival. As with any carnival, masked faces and listless expressions, almost apathetic to the going-ons around them, shift through a flurry of colors and lights and emotions. You slip out with a group of people in the midst of the climax. Sometimes, not even you can handle losing your identity to a few cheap laughs and more than a few drinks. The rest of the city feels cold and despondent, almost made to contrast the warm and slightly flaming feeling that the center radiates. The air here is musty and the ground - slightly wet, but it’s a familiar feeling, and above that, a nice change of pace.

You pause for a moment. A man sits alone on a rusty orange pipe, sticking out from the ground like a sickly tree. The pipe stretches out, traveling far and beyond the city, as if a spider’s web, the city all within its grasp. If memory serves you right, this man is the notorious Mobster Godfather. Why would he be sitting out here alone in this hour? It must be him, he looks just as the rumors say: blonde hair, shaggy, wearing a long overcoat, and very menacing. He and his petty gang of mooks swindled you out of your money on more than one occasion. Yes, you have determined it to be him, and you will make sure that your fist of justice lands into him, face-first.

Mobster Godfather: 50/50 HP.

anaphaxeton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Conductor's Jubilee
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2019, 02:59:29 pm »

"Oy, mate. Nice gang. Can I join?"

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2019, 03:02:55 pm »

"It was done, the man and his daughter are dead, now, can you tell me who the fuck they were?"
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

anaphaxeton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2019, 03:10:37 pm »

"It was done, the man and his daughter are dead, now, can you tell me who the fuck they were?"
context
"Yeah, those two... three? were weird. Did they hurt you? Point to where they touched you on the doll."

atrousCosmocrat

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2019, 03:17:21 pm »

Teehee teehum!

joy is me and joy shall be you!

In these days of mirth and merriment, it shall be forbidden to grump and grouch!

Will you join these good folk in their festivities or must I coerce you with threats of piscine punishment?

I am afraid this is your last chance to avoid the karmic carp...

Still not even the slightest of smiles? Well then!

I shove a day-old fish into the man's windpipe.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2019, 03:39:08 pm »

"Whats everyone doing standing around this guy, aren't we supposed to be kicking his ass?"
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2019, 05:08:30 pm »

Come from the previous game with the Power of Dreamland in hand. Kick their asses, all of them.

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2019, 05:32:07 pm »

Huh, I'm here now, with a savagely adorable wolf-dog-pupper on a leash. He is my wolf-dog-pupper, after he got jacked from another dimension and his owner here died.
Poor wolf-dog-pupper.
JESUS MY CLOTHES ARE STILL TIGHT.
Cross realities with one where I have clothes that fit properly, my gods!
Join the blessed ranks of RNGsus' Mafia Game!
Proc Gen roles? What could possibly go wrong?

MedievalParadox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2019, 10:01:57 pm »

”.....”

As I look around at the others, with two of them coming back from a job from The Godfather and one of them wanting to join his crew, and the one guy trying to choke him with a fish, of all things, I realize that I might’ve gotten mixed up in the wrong cores while looking for some downtime, anyways I stay quiet and decide to use some Telepathy to get a read on The Godfather, while trying not to look too out of place.

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2019, 12:36:47 am »

Offer the Mobster Godfather a shave.
Code: [Select]
Dare I ask how you (inadvertently at that) created the psychic equivalent of a false vacuum event?
"I don't Know mysterious voice but I will"
Professor Oak will try to replicate the Physic false vacuum event.

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2019, 03:03:36 am »

Report these suspicious activities to the local authorities!

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2019, 12:35:54 pm »

A vague presence or spirit of curiosity flits like a ghost through the mind of every bird in the city. Combining the mental capabilities of several subjects at once, it approximates something not entirely unlike a human mind. It can just barely remember something about a fight with a strange man and his daughter, and rifling through the contents of a scattered mind...if it was not just a dream.

For now, it decides to rest and let its avian hosts take control.

Be a bunch of birds. Try to steal food and shiny objects and keep an eye out for anything suspicious or interesting.

WyrdByrd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2019, 10:12:54 pm »

Dance, and enjoy the Carnival of Shadows.