Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What should we do with the game now that my own interest is waning?

Keep the game as it is now; do what you do best and make people happy even if it's not something you're super into.
Put it on pause; bring it back when you're NOT also juggling Wiki-Warfare and your fanfics and any other projects.
Retool the game as a deathmatch; you yourself said you're more interested in them and are better suited to DMing those.

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15

Author Topic: The Chaos Chronicles: The Mad Libs RPG Returns: The Knowledge of Prometheus  (Read 17423 times)

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile

@Failbird: All good!

Updating this early tomorrow!
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

48 BCE
The Library of Alexandria

The group acts immediately, Jane standing proudly and declaring "What a coincidence that we would meet today Horus, how about inviting your whole pantheon, SO THAT THEY CAN DIE TOO!" before waving her two main hands in a motion, an incantation. [19+2 (Magic) +2 (Accuracy) v 6+2 (Aerial)] Jane summons up a ball of lava and throws it right at Horus. The ball hits him dead center, making him fall to the ground. Everyone can see melting skin on his bare chest and stomach as he stands up, clearly fighting past the pain of the magma.

Dr. Bright sighs and shakes his head in exasperation, commenting "Damn it he's summoning bird people." He waves his own hands to cast a spell of Darkness, aiming to blind Horus. [12+2 v 8] Casting his spell, he doesn't manage to blind him, but the darkness covering his vision does disorientate him. [17 v 11] Dr. Bright then grabs a chair from the burning library and throws it, smashing it against Horus's head and making him bleed.

SAXTON HALE begins climbing the stacks of books, whispering to his guardian spirit Chen "Chen, mind giving a bit of help holding that thing down?" [14] He manages to get to the top of a staircase, and watches as a literal, white-winged Angel appears behind Horus and attacks. [6 v 16-2 (Disorientated)] Right as Chen moves in, Horus suddenly turns around and throws a sloppy haymaker, decking the usually strong guardian across the face and sending him reeling.

Rom hangs back, having not intended to come through besides a sense of just peeking her head in, and summons in Elena Etsby. The bird flies onto her shoulder, and she sends it out to try and have it communicate to Horus. It chirps, but Horus just ignores it as he keeps fighting. If he can understand Elena, he does not show it, his focus laser-wired on the rest of them.

Lily chuckles at Jane, responding to her "Come now, if the whole Pantheon was here, they'd have Sekhmet to deal with, and I'm sure the Lady of Slaughter would be quite more trouble than our current falcon foe. Not to mention the obvious fact we'd be outnumbered. Either way, I appreciate your...confidence." before charging forward with her maul, pulled out of a mini-Rift that she opens and then promptly dissipates. [3 v 15] Mid-swing, Horus grabs it and pulls her in close, saying something in a dialect she can't understand, before pushing her into a table.

Wendelin Lanfrank shakes her head, taking a moment to collect herself before calmly saying to Jane "Oh my, that was rude of you." She looks at Horus and greets "Salutations, I don't belive we've met. My name is Wendelin Lanfrank-" while charging a fireball, before suddenly charging at him, fireball in hand. "What's yours?" [18 v 13] She throws it into his still-fresh burn wounds, a scream of pain leaving his lips as he falls to a knee.

Horus huffs and gasps before suddenly waving his hand. Immediately, winds of the skies go through the whole library. [1 v 7] He throws them at the group, Dr. Bright being the first affected. The winds are weak, and he stands tall. [7 v 20] SAXTON, unaffected as well, dives in for a counter attack with his fangs bared. [8 v 15] Horus leaps into the air, dodging the attack and staying airborne.

BSN: Sorry! Bad sleep schedule, left me unwilling to work on this. My b. Here now, though!

Spoiler: TricMagic (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hotfire90 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Supernerd (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Failbird105 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: PirateJoe (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: King Zultan (click to show/hide)

Enemies:
Spoiler: Horus (click to show/hide)
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Get down here you stupid bird thing!"
Use my dark magic powers to throw the bird man to the ground, then hack at him with my axe and sickle.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Strike him down with my hammer, flight.
Hammertime~ they say as they strike with all the might of a furious shota.

Oh, and don't forget Chen, they aren't that easy to beat. Combo~

Hotfire90

"Are you done yet Horus? Call in the rest of your pantheon already, I'm waiting."

Whip Horus, use my other hand to wrestle control of the scimitar away from him.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Bumping for Supernerd, Failbird, and PirateJoe.))

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile

Not actually invested in any of these people, Rom figured that the guy pilfering books might have had the right idea. She grabs as many random books as she can comfortably carry, then heads back through the portal.
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile

Yep, definitely foolhardiness...Certainly useful if they happen to try to get in my way... Lily thought before trying to hit the avian in the wing and then the leg. She was going to get this one as a future servant, or at least she would certainly try. Besides, it wasn't like it was too tiring, and being shoved into a table didn't really hurt much...It did make her curios though what they said...A language that she of all people couldn't understand...Curios...very curios...Of course, all questions have an answer. She'd know in time...
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wendelin sighs "Not going to answer? Mama taught me that it's impolite to ignore people you know."

Close in carefully. If Horus winds is grounded after the others attacks, try to choke him out with my garrote. Otherwise fireball again

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey everyone, quick update: I am sick due to Spring allergies, so it might be a bit before the next turn. I will update when I am feeling better with a brand new turn. Thank you for your patience and understanding in advance.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

48 BCE
The Library of Alexandria

Dr. Bright's first reaction to Horus taking flight is an irritated sigh before shouting "Get down here you stupid bird thing!" He casts a dark magic spell [6+2 v 4] that tugs him down a small bit: not on the ground, but within striking distance. With that, Dr. Bright gets onto a table and leaps up to attack him with his axe and sickle. [15 v 12] [17 v 14] He manages a shallow cut through the stomach with the hatchet, and then slams the sickle through Horus's cheek. Horus is forced to the ground as Dr. Bright pulls his sickle out.

Undeterred, SAXTON pulls out his hammer and takes flight, smugly proclaiming "Hammertime~" as he heads down to clobber Horus. [16 v 7] He slams the hammerhead into Horus's right shoulder, and dislocates it, letting it hang limply. Chen comes up from behind for a combo [2 v 9-2 (Pain)] but is kicked in the shin without looking.

Unimpressed, Jane once again "Are you done yet Horus? Call in the rest of your pantheon already, I'm waiting." before going in with her whip. [3 v 20] Horus grabs Jane's whip mid-throw and pulls it out of her hands, throwing it away by a table. He then complies. With a mere wave of his left hand, he opens a Rift. Out of it appears two people: a green-skinned man wearing all white wielding two sickles, and a beautiful woman with her arms outstretched, in one hand a staff and the other an ankh, wearing a headdress resembling a basket on a house. [History Check: 16+2 (Correlation)] Jane can recognize these two. Osiris and his sister Nephthys. When Horus does this, his head turns into that of a falcon's head, and while most of his injuries don't heal, his dislocated arm does.

Rom, apathetic to this whole business, immediately tries to grab some books and leave. [Scavenge: 6] Unfortunately, by this point in the fight, the fire's spreading enough that she can't reach any. Fed up, she heads back through the Rift, emerging back at the campus.

Lily ponders to herself "Yep, definitely foolhardiness...Certainly be useful if they happen to try to get in my way..." She runs towards the now definitely god-like Horus and swings twice, once at his wing, and then again in the leg. [4 v 17] [4 v 16] She swings for his wings, but the maul is caught in a bubble in air. Lily pulls it out and goes for the legs, but it is again caught. Horus uses his powers to push Lily back, away from him. This time she lands on top of a table.

Wendelin sighs and replies "Not going to answer? Mama taught me that it's impolite to ignore people you know." before carefully sneaking forward. [Stealth: 5] She is spotted by Osiris, who raises his weapons. In retaliation, Wendelin throws a fireball at Horus, [2+3 v 2] which grazes Horus's back, burning his left shoulder.

Osiris acts first of the gods, stomping towards Wendelin before swinging his sickle [20 v 10] right into her chest. Wendelin can feel ribs cracking before it is ripped out of her and she is kicked to the ground. Nephthys goes next, and the Egyptian Goddess of the Protection of the Dead casts a shield spell on Horus, who then charges right for Jane Smith. [11 v 12] Jane narrowly dodges, feeling one of her arms getting a shallow cut from the scimitar. Horus then declares something in what is now clearly Ancient Egyptian. If anyone can understand it, let it be known.

BSN: Sorry I took so long! Like I said, I was sick and a little crabby. But we're here!

Apologies for the rotten luck, going by the dice. I don't like to fudge things, and I didn't here.

Spoiler: TricMagic (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hotfire90 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Supernerd (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Failbird105 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: PirateJoe (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: King Zultan (click to show/hide)

Enemies:
Spoiler: Horus (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Osiris (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Nephthys (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 13, 2019, 11:09:19 am by Greatness942 »

Hotfire90

((You forgot to apply my +2 defense bonus))

"HAH! That's more like it!"

Use three sets of arms to conjure up lava, throw one lava bolt at each of the three gods.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2019, 10:37:24 am by Hotfire90 »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Chen and SAXTON HALE rip Horus' wings off, then fly straight up to the ceiling with them..

In addition, after that, drain the blood from the wings, drinking it.(Crafting process bonus, I need the blood drained to properly work the things into gear.)

« Last Edit: May 13, 2019, 11:45:05 am by TricMagic »

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((You forgot to apply my +2 defense bonus))

"HAH! That's more like it!"

Use three sets of arms to conjure up lava, throw one lava bolt at each of the three gods.

So I did! Apologies, I'll remember to include it next turn.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Three gods is to many to deal with, I'm out."
Arm my explosives and throw them at the gods, then run out of the library and look around for a statue to magically give life.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15