Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What should we do with the game now that my own interest is waning?

Keep the game as it is now; do what you do best and make people happy even if it's not something you're super into.
Put it on pause; bring it back when you're NOT also juggling Wiki-Warfare and your fanfics and any other projects.
Retool the game as a deathmatch; you yourself said you're more interested in them and are better suited to DMing those.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15

Author Topic: The Chaos Chronicles: The Mad Libs RPG Returns: The Knowledge of Prometheus  (Read 17356 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: The Chaos Chronicles: The Mad Libs RPG Returns
« Reply #45 on: February 03, 2019, 12:33:15 pm »

Reroll my second negative trait and my Appearance: Outfit.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Hotfire90

« Reply #46 on: February 03, 2019, 01:10:02 pm »

Reroll class again. Arms crossed that I get something useful now.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 03, 2019, 02:09:27 pm »

Gotta reroll Incapable of doing math.
I'm also going to reroll the name since things are looking pretty good stat-wise.

This brings me down to 4 rerolls.

I'd also consider rerolling the current history, but my character's stats actually look pretty good for zombie survival stuff. Or the objective, but it just meshes so well with the other trait and ultimate trait. And the being from a different planet thing.
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 03, 2019, 02:13:03 pm »

I'll spend my last Re roll on other.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 03, 2019, 04:23:44 pm »

PTW and maybe wait list if that's a thing. Also submit late AF Fragment: Backstory.
You don't have a time before now. You were glued together out of millions of ideas and thoughts, for some purpose...

Edit: ...sorry, I skimmed the OP and am a lazy person, it's my fault I didn't see it.

It's fine, I apologize if I got too firm. Just, for future reference, they are meant to be submitted in PMs.

Reroll my second negative trait and my Appearance: Outfit.

Done!

Reroll class again. Arms crossed that I get something useful now.

Done!

Gotta reroll Incapable of doing math.
I'm also going to reroll the name since things are looking pretty good stat-wise.

This brings me down to 4 rerolls.

I'd also consider rerolling the current history, but my character's stats actually look pretty good for zombie survival stuff. Or the objective, but it just meshes so well with the other trait and ultimate trait. And the being from a different planet thing.

Done!

I'll spend my last Re roll on other.

Done!
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 03, 2019, 04:45:34 pm »

Gonna try again and reroll I'M HALPING
Which puts me at 3 rerolls
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 03, 2019, 06:25:52 pm »

Gonna try again and reroll I'M HALPING
Which puts me at 3 rerolls

Done!
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 03, 2019, 07:50:21 pm »

Well its looking pretty good now... But I wonder if maybe I could fix it up just a bit more.
I'm going to reroll history: curent
2 rerolls remain.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 03, 2019, 11:00:24 pm »

Well its looking pretty good now... But I wonder if maybe I could fix it up just a bit more.
I'm going to reroll history: curent
2 rerolls remain.

Done!

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 03, 2019, 11:58:20 pm »

I think I'm ready to go!

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 04, 2019, 10:50:04 am »

Okay, then! That's everyone either satisfied, out of re-rolls, or both!

I'll run some Plot Bunnies through the randomizer, put in some thought on changing details, and make the first post of the game later today!

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 04, 2019, 02:45:56 pm »

PTW and throw me onto the waitlist.
it's over

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 04, 2019, 04:14:02 pm »

PTW and throw me onto the waitlist.

Done!

And now, the plot has been randomized. So, here's the setting:

Life has a...markedly funny way of making the world work. Good luck and good fortune are punished while those with the silver spoon are rewarded. Maybe that's why he did it.

Dr. Lucius Allcright was never a well-adjusted human being. He was always twitching, always starting at the golden lights of the palace of the 1%. A grand skyscraper that hung over the city like the Sword of Damocles, forever leaving the impoverished scared as to whether or not they'd have a future with a titan standing before them. Still, this justified nothing right ended up doing. On August 19th, a mere three days ago, he built a marvelous piece of equipment designed for the slaughter: a chemical bomb. He did one better, though. He found magical tomes within the attic of his home, detailing spells and curses. Haphazardly, he mixed a terrifying curse into the chemical batch, creating a diseased and rotten payload he dubbed "DLR-8." He smuggled it into the building and detonated it at the top, taking him with the pigs taking the wealth from the people. What crawled from the wreckage, though, was not bodies.

Horrifying mutants of various kinds, infected by the disease Allcright created, poured from the pit, their venomous miasma turning into a toxic air that only served to either kill or further mutate the populace. The government has closed down the city, but the quarantine's failed and they've spread. To make matters worse, the US Government's run out of options. No one can sanction nuking the place without just causing more damage. So they called me, and now I'm writing to you.

I'm Lucius' son, Henry Allcright. If you are receiving this message, my father's tomes still work and I was able to use the Magic he himself used to deliver aid. I have Scryed and Scryed, and I found you. Within this letter is personalized instructions for each of you to leave your current area safely, a meeting place, and the names and basic identities of you, as well the five others I have chosen:

SAXTON HALE, which you demanded capitalized. A ten year old Telrac, more commonly referred to as a Vampire, who changed his gender. You like guns, gore, and hammers, you hate your guardian spirit, and the Mob family that abandoned you. I know not much of your goal, to hunt down the ancient conspiracy that took your birth family from you, except for a woman who might be able to help you find even more leads.

Jane Smith, a terrifying Blaspheme female. You are the Red Queen prophesied to bring the end times. How could I not vouch for you aiding me? You're searching for a Lost Gem in a bid for fame. I know where it is, specifically. Aid me, Queen Smith, and I may oblige to give you what I know.

Rom, if you are reading this, then the prophesied date of your ten year long sleep coming to an end was correct. You are a Zolmyrian Grand Magus, with unusual cat-like characteristics. I know of your true ruthlessness and your restlessness towards the Moon of your planet, Magdalore. I believe you call the moon Herezod? I know how you can erase it, if you wish to come aboard.

Mercury, another one who's changed her...form, you are a Child of the Goddess Fanw, and an adept in the dark arts. Your parent's killer is in a war you yourself are off to fight, and you wish to give him your congratulations on the act. I have happened to Scry his exact post, and if you will stop the DLR-8, I can get you where you need to go.

Emery, the Fallen Angel themselves. Your brains, wits, and stealth are far more advantageous to you, due to your lack of, well, brute force or Magic aptitude. You can hear the Gods and bring your old faces back to aid you. You wish to die, and die gloriously. This is a good opportunity, but I ask of you to not die immediately. There is much work to be done.

Vinny de Roso, a cybernetic Altered from Earth's own future. A Freshman at a College just trying to fit in. Apologies for disrupting and uprooting your life, friend, but the government experiments that haunt you now still give you miracles to work with. You wish to marry into royalty. Sadly, the Matriarchy of many places just isn't what it used to be. But I'm sure a Princess of another planet or realm entirely is well-within the tome's quota for communication.

I should you all, soon. Come to the home I have chosen for myself in New York. The infection's hub is in Los Angeles, but it's spread elsewhere. This home is where it is safe. I shall see you soon, and I ask that you genuinely get aquainted with eachother.

With Regards, Henry H. Allcright.
Written on the Date: August 22nd, 1999

CHAOS CHRONICLES: DLR-8
TL;DR: Modern Day-ish, World Infection style storyline like in Abyss of Traditions or the fighting game Killer Instinct's Shadow Lords mode. Y'all aren't meeting in a tavern, you're meeting in a mansion.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 04, 2019, 06:07:40 pm »

I am unclear about where my character is at. Like, the specific surroundings.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 04, 2019, 06:13:15 pm »

I am unclear about where my character is at. Like, the specific surroundings.

She is still on Magdalore, but the instructions note a specific ship that is making a trade run by Earth, though not landing on the planet, as well as the location of one escape pod that could be jettisoned as it flies by.

Same with the other characters. They are on Earth unless they are specifically Aliens (like Rom) or from other parts of Time (like Vinny), and are given instructions by Henry to reach 1999 New York.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15