Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What should we do with the game now that my own interest is waning?

Keep the game as it is now; do what you do best and make people happy even if it's not something you're super into.
Put it on pause; bring it back when you're NOT also juggling Wiki-Warfare and your fanfics and any other projects.
Retool the game as a deathmatch; you yourself said you're more interested in them and are better suited to DMing those.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15

Author Topic: The Chaos Chronicles: The Mad Libs RPG Returns: The Knowledge of Prometheus  (Read 17161 times)

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
Re: The Chaos Chronicles: The Mad Libs RPG Returns
« Reply #75 on: February 12, 2019, 08:21:27 pm »

August 23rd, 1999

Firstly, on the planet Magdalore, Rom looks over the letter. She is dubious, and suspicious, but fter ten years of sleep and a long time of ineffectiveness, she had nothing to lose. Following the instructions on the paper, she came across a trade ship from the species of the Alik'Onir, a race of human/reptile hyrbrids from the planet Zestrum that tended to make cargo stops on the planet. They all spoke Common: English, with accents commonly referred to as being from the Terran colony of the UK. And they were all just negotiating. [Eavesdrop: 3] None of it really matters to her, so after collecting a couple rocks [Rock Collector Trait. Quality: 1] which turn out to be meaningless, she watches over the ship to make a move.

Back on Terra, in the Realm of the Fey, the Red Queen of the Blaspheme Jane Smith held the letter in one of her extra arms, pale-albino skin clutching the paper as she read the English words imprinted on it. "Spies," she requests, "seek out New York in the Realm of Mortals, and investigate the Allcright family, if you would." Three spies, all male, nodded and rushes through a Rift in space-time to properly enter the world. Pulling out a cellphone with one of her normal arms, she calls up Lord Mortvolde. "Morty," she asks of him. "Would you like to go out on a date with me?" [Time: 5] "Oh, bother," he replies, "I'd love to, but not tonight. I have a difficult recipe for a potion I need to complete. Later this week?" Jane sighs, nods, and accepts that before putting down the massive brick of a phone. Two Blaspheme bodyguards, named Louvin and Hathur, began to follow her as she walked through the Rift, leading Lord Regent Megan in charge.

Meanwhile, somewhere overseas in the Realm of Mortals, Emery the Fallen Angel is reading the same letter. Finding the justification well suited, he begins hunting around for all of his mining supplies. [Scavenge: 1] Unfortunately, he can't find any of them, not even the Heavy Digger. Probably because of the same apathetic nature that got them nice and lost to begin with. With that in mind, he hops in his gunboat, and makes his way to New York, finding the American flag on top to be rather useful for getting in.

Within the future of 2085, Vinny de Roso reads the message on a holo-reader, his robotic eye checking over the words near instantly. He shrugs. "Well then. Not like I have anything better to do. And this offers opportunities for me..." he says, accepting the offer before pulling out a dagger. He suddenly cuts a hole into space-time, which then heals before manifesting itself as a Rift, which he then travels through.

Finally, within the forests yesterday morning, the Child of Fanw (which only the children themselves know is pronounced "FAN-eu") named Mercury shrugs and chuckles. She picks up her weapon, the SCP-3118, and adjusts her mask. "Yeah, because I needed a reason to get involved. she snarks, before heading out to travel.

Hours later, it is night time in New York city. However they entered, the result is the same: they are all in front of the mansion (save for SAXTON; apparently, he's being a sneaky little boy). Now is the time to introduce yourselves personally.

BSN: Yes, we're finally here! Sorry for the delay, birthdays and other projects, details-details.

I'll be copy-pasting sheets in the posts so we can all keep track of the characters, their Fragments, their bonuses, etc. Hence why it's BSN: Before Sheet Notes.

Now, just roleplay and enter the mansion.

Spoiler: TricMagic (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hotfire90 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Supernerd (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Failbird105 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: PirateJoe (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: FallacyofUrist (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 12, 2019, 10:17:10 pm by Greatness942 »
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 12, 2019, 10:10:13 pm »

Rom figured that she was going to need some money if she were to hitch a ride on some trader's ship, and she was pretty sure that her current rock collection wasn't quite going to cut it. She holds out her arm for her familiar to perch on for a moment, and then realized that she hasn't actually seen that bird for ten years now! She wonders what that bird has been up to. (Also, maybe draw a name fragment for the peregrin falcon's name?)
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 12, 2019, 10:22:34 pm »

Rom figured that she was going to need some money if she were to hitch a ride on some trader's ship, and she was pretty sure that her current rock collection wasn't quite going to cut it. She holds out her arm for her familiar to perch on for a moment, and then realized that she hasn't actually seen that bird for ten years now! She wonders what that bird has been up to. (Also, maybe draw a name fragment for the peregrin falcon's name?)

Firstly, yeah, might've jumped the gun with saying everyone arrived already. Eh, it's a time-skip, though, the in-between's still fine to go through.

Secondly, sure! It's name is: Elena Etsby!
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.

Hotfire90

« Reply #78 on: February 13, 2019, 12:34:59 pm »

Jane headed straight for the Manor, she wasn't interested in wasting time with the other guests, she had greater quarry to hunt.

Enter the Manor and hunt down Henry Allcright for a private chat.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 17, 2019, 02:59:40 pm »

((Bump.))

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 17, 2019, 03:43:29 pm »

Mercury would sit there for a moment, before smiling and deciding on her own way to... 'break the ice.'
"Hey who wants to see this weird gun I found!" She shouted, more as a declaration than a question.
Quickly pull out the gun and shoot myself in the skull with it.
(Alignment: Chaotic)
« Last Edit: February 17, 2019, 03:46:53 pm by Failbird105 »

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 18, 2019, 12:30:47 pm »

Emery didn't really care about the other people with him at the moment, and would try to enter the manor, though they would stop and take notice of Mercury when they made their proclamation and watch them actually shoot themselves with it. "She'll be fine, I'm sure of it." they'd say casually, immediately after they pulled the trigger, expecting them to actually be fine and, you know, not really caring or worrying about the fact they literally shot themselves in the head with what looked to be a normal pistol...
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 22, 2019, 01:12:17 am »

((Sorry for the delay! Got busy with some other things. New turn will come tomorrow, before Wiki-Warfare's.))

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 24, 2019, 06:35:41 am »

August 23rd, 1999 (cont.)

Back in time and still on Magdalore, Rom realizes she's a bit tight on funds at the moment. She summons her Peregine Falcon Elena Etsby to help her out in a pinch...

As everyone else enters the mansion, Mercury gets an idea. That's dangerous. Whipping out her SCP, she points it to her head and shouts "Hey who wants to see this weird gun I found!" before shooting herself with it. Instead of brain matter, her lunch falls out of her head. Odd.

As they enter into the mansion, Henry Allcright is already in front of them, on top of the stairs. He looks frazzles, short brown hair sticking up oddly. Tired and stressed. "Welcome to my manor," he introduces politely, "I see most of you made it."

Hotfire90

« Reply #84 on: February 24, 2019, 08:05:02 am »

Jane glanced at the other guests and then back to Henry, she would have to wait a while before she could get her private meeting.

"You brought us here for a reason, just tell us all you know."

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 28, 2019, 03:16:56 am »

(Bump.)

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 28, 2019, 01:21:01 pm »

Oh wow. I didn't even realize that this updated.

Rom figures that she should check in with the bank. If she was out for 10 years then maybe she made some money on bank interest.
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 06, 2019, 09:14:06 am »

((It occurs to me that the game might've died, and if so, it might have been because this start is going so slow. Thoughts?

If you guys want, I can restart the game with new characters and a new plot, fixing the problem by letting the beginning start off with more interest grabbing material.))

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 06, 2019, 09:31:15 am »

((I'll admit that I was largely waiting for other people to base my own action off of the others responses to Mercurys little stunt. Still the amount of other people not responding is disheartening))

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 06, 2019, 10:41:52 am »

((Similarly, I was hoping to respond more to other people, but I'll make a proper post in some time if no one does anything.))
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15