Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What should we do with the game now that my own interest is waning?

Keep the game as it is now; do what you do best and make people happy even if it's not something you're super into.
Put it on pause; bring it back when you're NOT also juggling Wiki-Warfare and your fanfics and any other projects.
Retool the game as a deathmatch; you yourself said you're more interested in them and are better suited to DMing those.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15

Author Topic: The Chaos Chronicles: The Mad Libs RPG Returns: The Knowledge of Prometheus  (Read 17134 times)

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile

Alright, so, if everyone is good with your characters, I'll roll up the premise today.

If not, let me know what else you want me to reroll.
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

mmmhh, reroll additional appearance, current history, and weapon again.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile

I guess I wouldn't mind having a different ultimate if I can...
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I guess I wouldn't mind having a different ultimate if I can...

Done!

mmmhh, reroll additional appearance, current history, and weapon again.

Done!
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yep I think this is all good for me. I can probably do some interesting things with trap making and garrote(not to mention garrote would leave far more intact corpses to necromance upon than normal weapons), the tattoo fits my origin, and the current history works with how I envision the character.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

On one hand, I wonder if I can get something better, on the other, I kinda don't want to hold up the game...Huh....

Guess I'll stick with what I got.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Premise in Three...Two...

Have you ever heard the tale of Prometheus? He was a part of Greek mythology, who is credited with creating man with clay and granting man the knowledge of fire. For his treachery in doing so, the immortal Prometheus was bound to a rock to have his liver eaten by eagles. He was freed by Heracles.

Born far into the future, 2039, to be precise, a man would take on this moniker. He was a member of an order of time travelers who went about the timeline, gathering knowledge and spreading it to keep the legacy of humanity alive. His real name is unknown, but as stated, he calls himself "Prometheus" after this figure. And he was militant, and powerful, and numerous. Stealing, killing...cruelty on a measure illegal and insane.

By next you wake, you will be in this time, at the area of the impetus of madness. Your goal is simple: travel time and space, accomplishing your own objectives and living your own life, all the while hunting down Prometheus, and stop him from his machinations.

Chaos Chronicles: The Knowledge of Prometheus.

And indeed, seven strangers awaken. A nearby calender reading "July 18th, 2039". Out the window, you see a pale man with an unkempt hair and beard of a brunette complexion. He's carrying a green dagger, and is arguing with an older man in purple robes.

So, let me know if this is a better start and premise, and uh...go ahead!  :)

Hotfire90

Jane awoke to find herself in an unknown room along with six other people, all of them having just woken up. Looking outside the window she saw two men, who were probably responsible for adbucting her and the others. She was quite amused by their foolishness, they had afterall the audacity to abduct the legendary Red Queen. Oh she was going to enjoy tearing them apart, but not before getting some answers.

Ward myself against enemy magic, then jump out of the window and grab both of them by the throat.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile

Rom takes a moment to further assess her situation.
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Stealth-Kill: Drain the Dagger-users blood from his veins!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Look around the room I'm in and see if there's any loot or weapons around.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Lily would seem relaxed despite where they were, far to calm than they should be to be honest. Though, after some time and seeing one of the others getting up and getting to the people not too far away in a very overt manner, she herself would stand up and simply watch for a bit. Surely, they wouldn't know who she was, or what her name was. After all, her shortened form of name is much less...known, and with what she was wearing, she doubted they'd be able to find out she was more than just a fairly smart and skilled human, expecting them not to ever guess she was one who had the blood of hell in them thanks to a particular lunar ritual that created them in the first place. Regardless, she had her plans, and knew that it was possible to manipulate these people into killing someone who was causing quite a few problems with her plans to take over the mortal realm, and also the rest of hell. She naturally would need to gain their trust, and their 'friendship', but for now she'd simply watch and wait to see what happened, walking over behind the many armed one, silently watching with a slight smile on their face...

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Excellent, glad to be seeing a better turn-out. Bumping for Failbird and 0cra, I'll update tonight with or without them, though I will not kick them out for being busy.))

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

July 18th, 2039

Waking up first, the Red Queen of the Blaspheme, Jane Smith, immediately twigs that something's wrong even before noting the futuristic architecture. Raising but one of her twelve hands, she casts a ward [7+2] that protects her from basic spells. Nothing substantial, but as technology surrounds her, maybe that won't be necessary. Looking out the window reveals two people arguing: a bald man in a purple robe, and an unkempt man in a blue robe with a green dagger. [Strength: 4] She gets a good run up and heads face-first into the tough, futuristic glass. This has the side effect of knocking her on her ass. It's fine, though. There's a door right next to the thing.

When Rom wakes up, she takes a moment to assess the situation. [Investigation: 8+2 (Cat Traits)] The obvious shines through: this is an advanced civilization similar to the Zolmyr themselves, without the presence of magic anywhere. She's in a room with six strangers, including some horrifying Eldritch Abomination that just smacked into the window, and outside, two people are arguing. It's mid-day, sunny. Calendar says July 18th. But the minutiae needs further investigation.

SAXTON HALE wastes no time immediately wishing to drain the blood from the dagger user. He throws the door open and immediately feels his skin burning from the light of the sun, but he persists. [Stealth: 19+2 (Ninja) -2 (Chronic Injury)] With perfect stealth in spite of his burning skin, he gets behind the dagger user and prepares to attack. [Attack/Defend: 10+2 (Stealth Bonus)-2 (Chronic Injury) v 6] He leaps for it, managing to suddenly grab the man. He manages a slight nibble, barely enough to even just feel stronger, as the man flails about.

Waking up, Dr. Bright can immediately see the woman he hates, Jane Smith, getting up after a nasty impact against the ground. He holds back his anger, instead preferring to look around and check for weapons or any additional items of interest. [Investigation: 16] He manages to find what looks a gardening implement: it'd seem they're in a shed. He pulls out a hatchet and a sickle from the gardening implements.

Lily walks up behind Jane Smith, and smiles at her.

[Attack/Defend: 10 v 9-2] The Dagger User, now practically obviously Prometheus, grabs SAXTON and hip tosses him, throwing him to the ground to burn in the sun. Noting the immediate attack, Prometheus suddenly slashes the dagger into...the air? Suddenly, space-time is ripped apart with the slash, before quickly healing. And then, in the space the rip in space-time, a green portal emerges. A Rift: a wormhole linking time, space, and dimension. And he's about to flee.

I'm so sorry! I couldn't work on it the night I wanted to, couldn't work on it yesterday. Please forgive me, I didn't mean to delay it so badly.

Spoiler: TricMagic (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hotfire90 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Supernerd (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Failbird105 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: PirateJoe (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 0cra_Tr0per (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: King Zultan (click to show/hide)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Leg Servos to get ahead with a boost. Dragon Shift!

"Not Going to leave here~"

Chomp!
« Last Edit: March 30, 2019, 01:27:48 pm by TricMagic »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15