Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What should we do with the game now that my own interest is waning?

Keep the game as it is now; do what you do best and make people happy even if it's not something you're super into.
Put it on pause; bring it back when you're NOT also juggling Wiki-Warfare and your fanfics and any other projects.
Retool the game as a deathmatch; you yourself said you're more interested in them and are better suited to DMing those.

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15

Author Topic: The Chaos Chronicles: The Mad Libs RPG Returns: The Knowledge of Prometheus  (Read 17132 times)

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile

July 18th, 2039

With all that learned and all that said, Rom exits the doorway and holds her arm out. To her joy, bursting forth with magic, a Peregrine Falcon lands on her arm. Her beloved companion, Elena Etsby, is quickly fed an apple slice and told to scout around. [Scouting: 19] Using magic to see through her familiar's eyes, Rom can see the layout of the whole area. It appears to be a large school/headquarters, with a sign reading "Chronal Quetz Institute of History" on the outside. From a bird's eye view (heh), she can see the area clearly. If there was a map of some kind, she could even pick out the exact state and latitude/longitude.

With severe irritation bubbling up in her voice, Jane Smith looked down at the pinned down Prometheus and growls out "Ok then, explain to me what the hell is going on and in return you get to live. Do hurry up, I have to teach someone some manners in a moment." She then waves a hand over his prone body, to heal the horrifying wounds. [20+2] Prometheus is fully healed from the magic, standing back up over his own power and breathing heavily as he tries to hold himself up. Before she can interrogate him, though, Lily makes a good point. "How about we go in after the younger him instead of trying to talk? I believe both of us would rather like to see him...judged for his crimes. Come, we don't have much time after all." Jane concedes, replying "You make an excellent point, go and chase that other guy, I won't be long."

Firstly, though, there is one hungry dragon-Telrac looking to feast. With a grin, SAXTON says First~ let's make sure this one no longer poses a problem." in a sing-song-y voice before leaping forward and attacking with his sharp jaws. [4 v 18] Unfortunately, as his Ultimate, his dragon transformation runs out quickly. Thus, Jane sees the sight of a burning Telrac overshooting and flying over Prometheus to land almost harmlessly on the dirt.

With a sigh, Lily turns back and tries to open a Rift of her own right under Prometheus. [12+1 (Race)] She successfully manages to tear space-time under Prometheus, which quickly heals up. Prometheus sighs as, in the place of the hole, a super-sonic *bang* goes off as a Rift opens up under him, sending him falling through the portal just a split-second before it closes. With that done, Lily goes through the Rift.

Dr. Bright face-palms his mask and says "God damn it, there's two of them." He then leaps through to chase after Prometheus.

Unbeknownst to everyone, Ying vanishes, forgotten and abandoned.

So, I didn't want to assume everyone was going through just yet, unresolved business and all. I'll describe the place and time the party arrives to next turn regardless of how many go through next turn. Sound alright?

Also, good job Hotfire for the first Natural 20. Three cheers!

Also, because 0cra hasn't responded once since the campaign began, I have no choice but to send him to the waitlist. I'll be more lenient with idlers here on out, so don't worry if you have to be away from a computer or mobile for a couple weeks to a month. But if someone isn't going to participate right from the start, it just leaves dead weight. Hope that makes sense, and I'll see y'all next turn. :)

Spoiler: TricMagic (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hotfire90 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Supernerd (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Failbird105 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: PirateJoe (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: King Zultan (click to show/hide)
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Now where the hell have you gone to."
Search the area for Prometheus, and if I find him attack him.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Hotfire90

(Great, now we have to deal with two Prometheus'. I swear if this turns into a Doctor situation...)

"Damn you! I just healed him so that he could be effectively interrogated. Now we have two of them to deal with apparently."

Into the rift I go! Drag everyone, who isn't already entering the rift, with me into the rift.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile

Rom begins to plot her escape from the current facility, and checks to see if she can find the best way to get out.
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Bumping for those who haven't yet posted.))
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(Great, now we have to deal with two Prometheus'. I swear if this turns into a Doctor situation...)

"Damn you! I just healed him so that he could be effectively interrogated. Now we have two of them to deal with apparently."

Into the rift I go! Drag everyone, who isn't already entering the rift, with me into the rift.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

July 18th, 2039

Jane, not realizing Lily just imprisoned Prometheus the Older, yells out "Damn you! I just healed him so that he could be effectively interrogated. Now we have two of them to deal with apparently." She then grabs SAXTON, Lily, and Wendelin, and sends them all through the Rift as well.

Rom begins to plot an escape from the current facility, that being outside an institute in broad daylight by a gardening shed, and looks around to find the best way to get out. [Investigation: 20] The Rift might be a good start. She thus travels through it.

48 BCE
The Library of Alexandria

The burning of the Library of Alexandria showed that one conquerer cared not for knowledge in his conquests. Sure, knowledge was power, but so was Julius Caeser himself, and what good was competition when you lead the Roman Empire?

It is in this fire, this tragic loss of knowledge, that the six heroes find themselves in. After passing through the Rift, they see Prometheus the Younger stealing scrolls and other assorted pieces of knowledge, loudly saying to himself "Need knowledge before it burns, need knowledge bef-shit." He notices them, and Dr. Bright immediately tries to attack him. [14 v 19] Prometheus steps back and, using his Dagger, cuts open another Rift. This one, however, he runs from, instead bursting out from damaged doors into Ancient Egypt proper. What comes out of it appears to be a hybridization of a man and a falcon. He has bird-wings growing from his back, claw-like talons from each finger, and narrowed scarlet eyes. Named after the God of the Skies, this is Horus. And he pulls out a scimitar before taking to the skies, ready to attack.

BSN: Okay, so, starting off into a powerful opponent before you guys deal with a combination of mooks and bosses like a real RPG. Mostly because this is part of the Strong Opening Initiative. With that said, hope this was a good update.

Spoiler: TricMagic (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hotfire90 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Supernerd (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Failbird105 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: PirateJoe (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: King Zultan (click to show/hide)

Enemies:
Spoiler: Horus (click to show/hide)

Hotfire90

"What a coincidence that we would meet today Horus, how about inviting your whole pantheon, SO THAT THEY CAN DIE TOO!"

Conjure up some lava and throw it at Horus.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Damn it he's summoning bird people."
Use my dark magic to make Horus blind, then throw some stuff at him.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Chen, mind giving a bit of help holding that thing down?

Action, abscond up through the stacks to get above, stealthily. Chen puts the beatdown on Horus while I hide.

Next turn, hammertime~

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Jumping through a portal with no idea where it went is not what I intended to do.
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

As this enemy has Falcon wings, Rom checks with Elena Etsby to see if the peregrine falcon might be able to communicate with it.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Bumping for Failbird and Piratejoe.))

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile

"Come now, if the whole Pantheon was here, they'd have Sekhmet to deal with, and I'm sure the Lady of Slaughter would be quite more trouble than our current falcon foe. Not to mention the obvious fact we'd be outnumbered. Either way, I appreciate your...confidence." Lily would say before thinking Or rather foolhardiness. Still, she would quietly go and gather her weapon from the space it was in and use it to disable Horus. And should he become incapacitated, well, he'd be of much better use alive and serving her rather than dead, and naturally, like the older version of Prometheus, if he was to be put in a position where he yet lived but was unable to resist anything else, she'd gladly make a one way trip to her home underneath him where her maid could gladly take them where they'd be kept safely for...coercing...
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Having managed the chance to collect herself, Wendelin spoke calmly.
 "Oh my, that was rude of you." Wendelin said, lightly peeved and dusting herself off, before turning her attention to the matter at hand.

"Salutations, I don't belive we've met. My name is Wendelin Lanfrank-" She adressed Horus plainly, a fireball crackling into being as she spoke, before being launched towards him "What's yours?"

(apologies, I had intended to post earlier, but a doctors appointment followed by fast food lunch and two hour walk home left me frazzled and forgetful)
« Last Edit: April 23, 2019, 09:42:56 pm by Failbird105 »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15