Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How to use merceneries?  (Read 821 times)

karbomer

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
How to use merceneries?
« on: February 02, 2019, 06:51:25 pm »

I have found cavern and after some months I already have around 5Human Monster slayers and 2 Dwarf Monster slayers.. But I can't assign them to any squad. They already asked to stay in fortress.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2019, 06:53:56 pm by karbomer »

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How to use merceneries?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2019, 06:57:39 pm »

Those are not mercenaries, they are monster hunters who want to roam around your caverns looking for wildlife to kill.

When they are not busy with the tavern (turn the tavern off by unassigning it from the zone) they will begin hunting. It is recommended you have a room for them also ready for them to sleep in to keep them happy, as killing monsters has a negative mental effect.

karbomer

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2019, 07:26:03 pm »

For now I have sealed off entrence to the Cavern because I am not sure my military is ready for such adventure. I already builded special section of rooms for them and for the future visitors of such kind. As of Tavern you mean dining hall?

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2019, 10:10:43 pm »

Tavern, not a dining hall (it's a zone, like a temple or a library). Although dorfs will dine in them.
You need one to attract visitors other than monster slayers (like real mercenaries).

karbomer

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2019, 11:01:11 pm »

Wow, thanks. I heard about bards performing in taverns yet I somehow missed that. Didn't know it attracts visitors. Gonna check this out.