Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 17

Author Topic: Between the Rivers: Gods Adrift [IC]  (Read 21446 times)

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
Re: Between the Rivers: Gods Adrift [IC]
« Reply #165 on: July 10, 2019, 12:14:59 pm »

After some negotiations, receive 1 CP and 1 DP from Guar

Shattered Statue exalted in her(his?) advancement along the road to greatness, the crystallization of experience into knowledge. His(her?) pleasant mood was further burgeoned by the profitable conclusion her(his?) ethereal conversations with Guar had achieved. It was as such that her(his?) attention came to rest upon the Lugal Murdus, and words like the tinkling of bronze bells entered the one young in form's ears.

"The I has seen your meritorious service, and the brave deeds of yourself and Nusku. I have seen the City of Err once more swallowing up my disciple, and I mourn. I have seen the raids of the horsemen, and I have spoken to a god in the East. I shall call down an avatar of myself to tame the spirits of my lands, and drive the horse demons from them, but for you and Ulkai I have a task."

"The god in the East, Guar, has a great ambition to build roads and a large city. Send a herald and some of our finest sculptors to make statues to adorn these. In return for you doing such, Guar has given me a fine gift, but there is no reason you cannot barter with the barbarian queen for the services of our sculptors as well, as the trades of gods are not the trades of mortals."

"Certainly, your own workings of mercury could perhaps fetch a high price in the swift horses of the easterners."

Orders
Subsoul: Murdus
Orders:
> Send a herald and skilled sculptors east to the lands of Guar to barter their services to Valtoria, some sort of barbarian queen of horses.

Actions 1: [4 CP + 5 essence, Make Avatar] The Shattered Statue draws deeply of his(her?) well of power, and consumes ambrosial essences with glee as a massive shadow begins to grow above the palace of the Lugal Murdus. It grows and grows, until the entire palace is cast in shadow. A rumbling cry like thunder echoes, causing spirits in the walls to tremble.

The Avatar of the Shattered Statue, Roc, was born.

Spoiler: Subsoul Sheet (click to show/hide)

The Eye-Lens of Finding and Eye of the Basilisk are transferred to Roc. The Shattered Statue speaks to Roc, "I greet you, the I that is not I, and hope you will do the me that is you proud. In addition to your commandments, I have two further duties that I would entrust to you over the next few decades of my slumber. The first of which, is the humbling of the horse raiders who pillage fair Ulkai. Petrify their horses and take the people as thralls, or if that is not feasible, slaughter the warriors who have raided us, and take the rest into thralldom, or drive them far away from the lands of Ulkai."

"The second is to find the herd of elephants I have been searching for so long, those who abandoned their duties and fled to distant lands. Find them for me, and report to me their current location at the time of my awakening, so I may show them the vastness of their error."

"Lo, let it be known that the offering I wish to be favoured for the entering of the Spirit World is elephants. Heed me also, and test the efficacy of Lightroot in greasing ingress into the Spirit World"

Orders
Subsoul: Roc
Orders:
> Kill/drive away the horsemen raiders from Ulkai, preferably petrifying them and their horses to serve as a warning to others.
> Find the Elephants (descendants) who escaped that I have been hunting

Action 2: [6 DP, create a powerful Accoutrement Silver Tongue, give to Roc] Yet more power is poured into Roc, changing his tongue of rumbling thunder into something yet more fearsome, dread silver enhancing his cries and given them truly fearsome power.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Action 3: The Shattered Statue stirs his inner self, and becomes the Lord of the Hunt
« Last Edit: July 17, 2019, 12:17:49 pm by Demonic Spoon »

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: July 10, 2019, 05:41:53 pm »

Action: Not a Blood Action

Fū has arrived.

She looks around for a bit to see what or who is in the area. She has plans.

Fu sees a montane region. She is on the slopes. From her vantage points, she can see bands of small tribes (elephant,human and whale), or at  least the smoke of their fires. The animals and plants are typical of this environment, including shrews, ants, wasps, leopards, cattle, pigs, beetles, bees, acacia, grass, mustard, flies and a great deal many more things.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: July 10, 2019, 06:13:47 pm »

Basderieen Gathers his Strength, and kicks the Sky, Creating a Blast of Flames able to be seen from Eight Tiles Distance(Including the tile the blast is above) Lighting the night as though the sun had risen at his command. (5Dp)
Next Basderieen Looks to its followers, scattered and lost, and decides to grant favor upon them through a guardian, it takes up an Eel and feeds it a drop of its blood, watching as the creature squirms in agony as it is twisted into a beast of great power.  (3-Make Monster)
Finally Basderieen Wanders off one tile to the north east, where it sits down upon a massive bolder and rests until the next age.

« Last Edit: July 10, 2019, 06:34:26 pm by crazyabe »
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: July 10, 2019, 06:29:56 pm »

Fū sees much. Life even goes on here, away from the river. But there is no reason Water cannot appear here. Working it in to her plans will need something though. Something important.

... The Bees. They have a good structure, produce honey, and form a Hive. Moreover, they can easily survive in this environment.

Raise Disciple/Beast from organism/living entity. 3 Stats to distribute. 1CP. 3 commandments . Always High Initiative..
Additional, 1 CP for a special type of abilities..

Code: (Raise Beast from the Bees: Subsoul) [Select]
Name: Lily, Hive-Queen of the Bees
Appearance: A Bee that is far larger than most of her species, being the size of a horse. Colored a distinct Green and Blue.
Personality: Hive Mind, Oversight of her Area. Protection of the Peace between those in her Area. Propagation.
PHYS: PS:  AS:
SPIR: EGO: 1  SS: 1  W: 1
Myths: N/A
Initiative: High
Commandments:
Oasis Creation: Create Oases where there are none, and nurture growth of greenery. Feel free to trade your goods with Mortals.
Peace Gathering: I made you mostly to oversee gatherings between other servants. Make sure that those in this territory do not fight. If they do, feel free to spill their blood for the insult. Hospitality is important.
Fū's Senses: You do have the ability to sense worshipers of me. Make sure they understand not to break the Hospitality you grant.
Traits:
Eternal Life Force: Eats the Air and Water to produce offspring. Can eat the Air to turn it into fresh clean Water. This effectively means it only needs Air to thrive. Air, water and Honey also feed her, though she and her kin can also eat fruits.
ELF Hive: Can give birth to Queen Bees. Queens retain the power of Eternal Life Force, and can give birth to Workers. Workers have Infinite Hive.
Infinite Hive(Workers only): Can eat the Air, and turn it to Honey or Water. Both provide substance to them and their queens. Can also create a hardening agent with air, and shape the earth, given enough numbers to do so.
Hive Mind: Has a natural link with every Descendant Bee. She links with Queens, who oversee their workers. This is the Structure of the Hive. If taking a Wound, Lily, Hive-Queen of the Bees, can instead have others in the Hive take the blow. This will almost always be workers. Queens birthed by her also have this ability to shunt the damage to their Workers.
Psychic Fū: Can speak with mortals through the Hive. Lily is also sentient, and has Fū's Senses, allowing her to tell if someone worships Fū or not. This also gives her and her kin flight. More specifically Aerokinesis.

Try and treat them well. For now, grow your hive. Ah, I also need to give you this. Give it to the Human who swears loyalty and Eternal Faith to me. If they're lying, you'll certainly know.

Clarent Blood was dropped off with Lily, Hive-Queen of the Bees, to guard until someone truly faithful came to claim the stone blade. It sits sheathed atop a Hill in that Hex, waiting for that day.

Fū rests near it. No Blood Actions this Turn.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2019, 06:57:38 pm by TricMagic »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: July 10, 2019, 10:27:28 pm »

Sarkyran awoke to his followers efforts, pleasantly surprised by the one lugal who had consolidated her rule over the varied tribes of the land and contributed massively to the kingdom's culture. In this, he was satisfied, pleased even. Of course, there were issues to be dealt with, but they had actually gotten somewhere nonetheless. to this, he beamed with some degree of pride.

Action 1: First, does Sarkyran teaches the Flintfolk the methods of crafting composite bows with fletched arrows; a weapon that is many times worth that of a spear in both hunting and in war. In this gift, he instructs the Flintfolk to use the feathers of the Pheasant to fletch their arrows

Action 2:Then, he does declare the foreign warrior lodges disbanded as those veteran warriors are to now take up the new weapon and to mix their respective tactics and strategies, bestowing upon them Fountain Guard as the new society's name. And thus in declaring that, whilst only the members of the Fountain Guard are to sell their services as mercenaries to the Ulkai, any and all who wish to join them for such are permitted to do so, and ensuring that at least two of his priests are attendant in any mercenary band to ensure proper guidance of faith, and to combat spiritual threats that they find. Finally, their status of being direct vassals of the lugal is unchanged, those that join their ranks are expected to forgo their previous tribal allegiances, but their leadership is now promoted by the Lugal themselves, the 'chief' of the fountain guard being titled commander.

With this, he then instructs the Fountain Guard on military tactics and strategy, giving them formal organisation, dividing up the warriors into several bands, one of which he tasks with guarding his fountain as befitting the society's title, with the others rotating between service with the Lugal and being mercenaries on a two or three year basis.

Action 3: Finally, pleased with the progress that the Flintfolk had made, Sarkyran draws upon his power, and creates a natural wonder, The Earthscairn, in the [S5 Hex], empowering it to boost the fecundity of the soil, and to seed tin, iron and gold deposits (More of the former two than the latter) within it's area of influence. To this, he tells his followers to treat this gift with care, for them to look after the earth as it is looking after them. [6 CP]

Blood Action: [SECRET ACTION]

« Last Edit: July 26, 2019, 02:14:00 am by Taricus »
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: July 15, 2019, 11:59:10 pm »

Guar awakens to find the unification of his people is going well. Of course there are those who would choose the path of the horse, seeking the freedom of the plains and roaming wild and free. These tribes concerned Guar less. If they roamed the hinterlands and continued onwards by walking in the footsteps of their ancestors, so be it. They would be the concern of Valtoria and Guar welcomes the game of cat and mouse.

However, one group has caught Guar’s attention. The Free Tribe assaulting his neighbor Tala is both numerous and strong. After a bit of discussion, Tala has enlisted the services of Guar to aid in dispersing them. Though the Lawries are weak, Tala has paid Guar well.

Guar asks Valtoria to disperse these freefolk (orders at bottom of this post). Upon doing so, an entourage of lawyers, and shamen from the Justlands will journey home with Valtoria, so that they may teach her and the warrior shamans of their magics.

Valtoria has done well in her role, and continues to surpass expectations. Though, danger lurks beyond even Guar’s reach. Steps must be taken to protect and uplift his people, so as to prepare for the coming danger ahead.

Gaur creates an Avatar
Spoiler: Anjuar (click to show/hide)

Guar turns to his new administrator. “Welcome Anjuar, Steward of Guar. The world as we know it is shifting. An era of blood is upon us, and much is changing in the spirit and mortal worlds. Valtoria, Queen of these lands and General of my armies, has brought forth a new age for our people. From henceforth, you shall oversee the development, cultivation, and protection of our future alongside her.

To that end, I implore you and Valtoria to create three holy institutions and a city to hold them. The time has come to place down roots, even as our branches spread wide across the plains. A city is to be constructed and roads are to be built. Infrastructure raised, and order established. Three holy orders of my religion are to be established by you two.

The first is the Order of Blood and Spears. This will be the institution related to war and warriors. For ages past, the horsemen have long fought and learned the ways of war by experience alone. From henceforth, the Order of Warriors and Spears will be devoted to the recruitment and training of warriors and soldiers. Valtoria has a mind for war unlike any man, she shall be of great aid here. Through the Order of Blood and Spears, our greatest warriors will come to instruct the young and the untrained.

For them, a great hall and barracks, with places to train and spar is to be constructed. Additionally, a grand coliseum is to be built. Within which, those who wish for glory may partake in blood sport in my name. Slaves, beasts, soldiers, foreigners, it is no matter, so long as the fight is pleasing to me and the spectators who shall come to bet and cheer. Once a year, a Festival of Spears shall be held here where warriors may come to participate in feats of strength and skill. An Olympics, to determine the ranking of our warriors, as well as the ritual sacrifice of thralls by combat in a much grander ceremony than the normal fights.

The second order is that of the Snake and Blood. While the order of Warriors and Spears is related to martial prowess, this order is related to the ethereal. There are many spirits and magics of this world, and this scholarly order of shamans shall devote themselves to the study and the spirit world and the use of magics. Furthermore they are to be the primary priests of Guar to the people, spreading my name and religion.

A grand temple of Guar is to be constructed so as to provide a place of study for the priests of the Order of Snake and Blood. However, other smaller temples are to also be constructed so that any person may find one within which to worship. Shamans are to give sermons regularly, sharing their wisdom. Many shamans have reclused themselves, separating them from the common folk, through the construction and staffing of these temples, the shamans will once again converse and share their wisdom with the entirety of our peoples.

To this end, lawyers will visit from afar to learn of our religion and share with us their secrets. They come as part of a deal I have made with the Justice God in exchange for dispersing the nomadic raiders. They are to share their teachings in their entirety and then be allowed to return home. As for the raiders, they can be sacrificed, captured, or simply chased off, Valtoria, you may deal with them however you see fit.

Furthermore, once a year they are to hold a Festival of Blood. A religious ceremony to honor Guar and the spirits with which have come to aid our people greatly. Including the blood spirits whom which have remained loyal and dutiful in the face of the danger within the spirit world.

Lastly is the Order of the Horse and Hammer. Our ancestors have come to know much over the ages, and passed that knowledge to the present. And in the present, people have built upon that knowledge. The Order of Horse and Hammer is devoted to the advancement of technology, commerce, and information. They will be primarily responsible for organizing the construction of the temples and other buildings I have decreed. They will also be responsible for building other elements of the city, such as buildings and the roads which lead to distant lands so that our soldiers may travel easily far and wide. Furthermore, they shall include farmers who will be tasked with the sacred duty of growing dream leaf for shamans.

They shall have a grand bazaar raised so that traders, merchants, and all manner of services come together. Even foreigners may bring goods from distant lands to trade here. Once a year, they shall have the Festival of the Horse, a day of rest, trading, pleasures and games.

To this end, a distant god of construction and statues has sent builders to assist in the construction projects. They are to help with roads and the creations of statues of Guar, though are capable of participation in other projects. They are not slaves, and are to be allowed to return to their lands upon the completion of their duties. They come willingly to offer assistance, and shall be given the hospitality they earn.

These are the Three Holy Orders of Guar, the foundation for which we shall build an empire upon."

[Action 1: Ingressed action]
[Action 2: Raise Anjuar]
[Action 3: Work with Valtoria and Anjuar to establish the Three Holy Orders.]

Orders

Subsoul: Valtoria
Orders:
>[Order 1] Deal with the raiders afflicting the Justice lands.
>[Order 2] Oversee the establishment of the Three Holy Orders with the assistance of Anjuar.

Subsoul: Anjuar
Orders:
>[Order 1] Oversee the establishment of the Three Holy Orders with the assistance of Valtoria.
>[Order 2] Investigate what is going on in the spirit world.

Guar loans 1 CP and 1 DP to the Shattered Statue.

Guar trades 2 DP for 5 CP from Tala.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2019, 08:45:43 am by Roboson »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: July 17, 2019, 11:13:22 pm »

Metalhand awakens, and is promptly sidetracked by Tala, among other pressing drains on his attention.

When he finally gets around to actually doing his godly duties, he begins with his favorite activity: making things.

Metalhand creates the Iron Fist with 2DP. (Note: the base cost is 3DP, reduced to 2 via the Maker's Tools (or Tools of the Maker, I forget))
Spoiler: The Iron Fist (click to show/hide)

Metalhand creates the Fountain of Life with 5CP and an Essence, placing it in the center of his oasis.
Spoiler: The Fountain of Life (click to show/hide)

He then directed Stoneye to take the Iron Fist and deliver it to one of the nearby Horsemen that worshipped Metalhand, as well as to deliver a message to the recipient, that they are to spread the word of Metalhand among their brethren (not at the expense of Guar, but in addition to him), and to advocate the idea that it may be more advantageous to befriend the crafters and workers among Durham and the Lawful People rather than simply raid them.

Finally, having concluded his more divine tasks, he finished his activities by summoning the Durhamite oligarchs to his home for discussion.

EDIT: Metalhand also sends his third DP over to Tala.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2019, 03:12:19 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: August 06, 2019, 12:10:00 am »

INGRESS! (7) {Champions were made aware of Tala's meeting with Ashburigal}
Punch Guar with 5 CP
2 Essence sacrificed to Helpers for {Translation Services}
1st Action: Speak to Ashburigal (Apparently the INF free action is only for PLAYER entities and PERSONAL PLAYER subsouls, grump D:)
2nd Action: 6 DP Powerful Accoutrement
3rd Action: Teach Organization! (Also possibly modifying the culture to be more authoritative and sensitive/considerate/critically-minded, than skewed to authoritarianism)

Tala feels alone, but in a sea of many.
She was a form of stone and love--the latter, especially, was of humbling nature to her, for she felt more at one with the lands and the skies, and was able to reach out easier and feel...others, in her area.
Guar. Fu. Metalhand. Significant entities within her reach. But she was yet new to speaking onto others--and felt her Time trickle away as she spoke to Ashburigal...speaking of strange funerals and watching the spirit sail forth in a tornado of wind towards the North.

She wondered if Ashburigal was a demon or something that could move--she had never felt herself being able to do so. But upon realizing that she could build upon herself, it may be a boon in the future.

She called onto Guar, and established a peace, and called onto Fu, and garnered wisdom--Metalhand was acknowledging a pantheon, and she easily admitted them while calling upon the scion of Du-Ur, their most ardent adherent, ***!

And seeing the dangers to come, of those of her people who had been garnished by the law (creative wording aside), she saw wounds curried by the addition of forces of great harm--of festering rot and of other maladies such as the tiny spirits creating tinier spirits in response, which in the end would damage the greater spirit that was the person if left unchecked. Thus she channeled the powers to level mountains and dry rivers, to curse and to turn to sand, into one of the offerings collected for her by Dirugulatl, and created Anathema.

Tala acted with the intent to note the importance between something ill, and something of a harmful behavior--the former could be cured, the latter required introspection into what had affected other people, and was but one writ within the staff's inscriptions.

After talking the specifics of use to her champions, Tala addressed the people to teach about advancing organization, beginning with a few notes...
"A truth in the growth of society begins with the idea that individual people worked for themselves, but also pushed that thinking to act for the betterment for others...that people build upon themselves, and understanding is strength of character and knowledge."
She basically noted against the inherent deviousness that was said way back which required blood and death--and replaced it with a more wholesome concept of the struggle of self-examination and all that.

Basically, she covered the fundamentals of organization--that it was founded on principles and ideas, as these explained how people would act to situations; people are more effective in groups, and are more effective if specialized into a task that collaborates with others, relying on the principles of communication she helped embed generations back, with the help of her champions in giving clarification to them for better nuance, sending Moska (the lightroot champion) vivid concepts of characters in a timeline and how building character helps build behavior and habits and enables them to reach out to help themselves and others.

Using the concept of organization, she covered the importance of the tribes and fundamentally refined upon the rumors of Fu's palace, not setting upon a hierarchy but an equality of power by virtue of acknowledged positions.
Spoiler: Fluff and stuff (click to show/hide)
In the end, she mentioned the coming meeting of ***, and Guar's Queen and others; she noted that she had made peace with Guar. It did not do harm to be cautious and wary with his people, but to be stronger and united and integrate them while communicating with them--for she noted that Guar is a "let be" deity, and does not look after guiding his people; while they bring ideas of organization, it was important to build ourselves up as a priority in order to work better with each other. It was important to rule alongside our culture.

Orders
Subsoul: Dirugulatl
Orders:
> Aid in teaching action, also focus into organizing and assessing the tribes
> Engage (with Moska) against the invaders, communicate with them and emphasize Tala's presence as a response to their actions--because of the fault of their actions, and attacking other people as proud and as strong as them.
>> Attempt to convert raiders but in general pacify them
>> If they still swear vengeance, plan ways upon which to utterly destroy them--always work with Moska; it is either to go one way or the other, but listen to Moska too because of their capability of insight and creativity
* Use the 'training' spear accoutrement or freely trade it with Moska in all tasks
> Meet with ***, compose pantheon and methods of acknowledging Du-Ur's teachings into culture; as he has celebrated with Du-Ur in life by their teachings, forward own studies into masonry and stonework in order to commemorate the teachings learned as a form of worship, and to teach forward so that *** would not be the only one alone in the arts and crafts
(Basically just become a master much like ***; Diru literally has a whole generation to spend, as well as the help of Moska for better mental meaning/clarity--either him or Moska)
> Create Port Jetty for trade and easier transportation/enabling more actions to be done at water
> Be known as a fair, respectful, and critically-minded speaker
>> Learn and integrate with the culture of the horsemen--aid them in integrating in turn, while working with their perspective; find ways or make use of their skills in making them feel like they belong, attack or resist if needed and if their actions will lead to harm
**Gather apprentices to be known as teachers, from every area in life in the Lawful lands
> Work with Moska

Orders
Subsoul: Moska
Orders:
>Aid in teaching action, convey imageries and concepts with better clarity
>Be part of the meeting force on Guar's Queen/etc (Be ready to fight if needed, but act as a communicator to ensure clarity)
> Establish yourself as a teacher and a reputation for fairness, integrity, and wisdom
>> Create a stable trade route with the Durham people
>> "Spy" on Diwata; understand the nature of the thralls and how the magics of law works, basically understand Diwata more too, and her views of Tala
>> Attempt to propagate dreamleaf--explicitly for sacrifice and the use of honorable people and events, and champions of the clan
>> Study the foods and attempt to be renown as a chef--alongside Diru, both should be culturally sensitive and learn more about the rumors and cultures of the lands the Lawful People have access to
> Work with Diru
* Use Anathema in renown as a healer, but also to purge against evil magics and feel free to be creative in its application (same with the spear accoutrement)--especially use it in the current time against the raiders if they continue hostilities despite Tala's action, in defense against hostile spells or curses
> Keep tending to lightroot and ensure its diversity by forwarding farming and agriculture practices--learn in-depth on the different plantlife in the area (e.g. Durham to Lawful lands)
« Last Edit: September 05, 2019, 09:07:37 am by Tiruin »

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: August 17, 2019, 01:54:10 am »

Prominence.Whispers.Edicts.

TURN 5: Age of Death, Penultimate Prince, Year Zero of Womb-Born Minister.

The gods acted.

The Shattered Statue did command his (her?) servant Murdus to send artisans and messengers eastwards, to the court and lands of the horse lugal.

Above the aura of Murdus too, did the Statue create an avatar of his own mind, Roc.

Code: [Select]
Name: Roc
Appearance: A massive vulture made of bronze, large enough to easily snatch and carry away elephants. It's eyes lapis lazuli, it's voice like thunder. Atop it's back is saddle-growth perfectly sized for someone like Murdus.
Personality [optional]: Roc is curious and diligent, but incredibly overbearing and lacking in subtlety.
PHYS: PS: 2  AS: 3
SPIR: EGO: 2 SS: 1  W: 2
Commandments:
1. Obey the instructions of the Shattered Statue
2. Enslave or destroy all those who harm the the Shattered Statue or his worshippers or servants.
3. Force all spirits within the areas of Influence of the Shattered Statue to submit to the Shattered Statue, or destroy them or drive them away.
4. Study the mysteries of the Spirits, the Spirit World and the City of Err, and report your findings to the Shattered Statue upon each of his awakenings
5. Found, train, manage, and oversee a Priesthood for the Shattered Statue, teaching them the proper rituals to honour the Shattered Statue, the proper designs for shrines and godhouses, and the ways of the spirits and of shamanism and of magic and most important of all, the making of statues of the Shattered Statue.

Traits:
- Roc can read the minds of those who fall within his shadow
- Roc is very good at finding his target (whether things or people or other)
- Roc is made of bronze
- Despite his great size and weight, Roc can fly, and is faster and more agile than bird or horse
- Roc possesses the relevant knowledge to establish and oversee the Priesthood of the Shattered Statue
- Roc is inordinately fond of devouring Dreamcrocodiles, which may be problematic.

To this creation, did she (he?) then grant the Eye-Lens of Finding and Eye of Basilisk. Further, he (she?) did then bid him orders, muchly wanted by the Statue.

Finally, she (he?) gave unto the Roc a final gift; the Silver Tongue. With that done, the Statue did then seclude himself (herself?) and take on the form of the Lord (Lady?) of the Hunt.

Name: Silver Tongue
Appearance: A tongue made of silver that must replace the bearers current tongue. It performs all the functions of a normal tongue like tasting, and salivates a large amount of mercury to which the bearer is immune, but such a large amount is secreted that the bearer will likely drool mercury slightly.
Purpose: The Silver-Tongued can speak with such force and authority that spirits are turned to stone (+6 SS)

With that, the Statue slept.

Fu did thusly move from the mountains unto the desert valley. and much nearer to the societies of the Lawful People and the Durhamites. Along the way did Fu, make sightings of nomad and traveller, of some beasts and some plants. Some of which included dromedars, lightroot, eagles, crocodiles, geckos and antelope.

From nearby bees, Fu did raise a Beast and did attempt to add [1CP] to its ascendance, in order to further its abilities. Somehow this works [Limitation eroded?].

Name: Lily, Hive-Queen of the Bees
Appearance: A Bee that is far larger than most of her species, being the size of a horse. Colored a distinct Green and Blue.
Personality: Hive Mind, Oversight of her Area. Protection of the Peace between those in her Area. Propagation.
PHYS: PS:  AS:
SPIR: EGO: 1  SS: 1  W: 1
Commandments:
Oasis Creation: Create Oases where there are none, and nurture growth of greenery. Feel free to trade your goods with Mortals.
Peace Gathering: I made you mostly to oversee gatherings between other servants. Make sure that those in this territory do not fight. If they do, feel free to spill their blood for the insult. Hospitality is important.
Fū's Senses: You do have the ability to sense worshipers of me. Make sure they understand not to break the Hospitality you grant.
Traits:
Eternal Life Force: Eats the Air and Water to produce offspring. Can eat the Air to turn it into fresh clean Water. This effectively means it only needs Air to thrive. Air, water and Honey also feed her, though she and her kin can also eat fruits.
ELF Hive: Can give birth to Queen Bees. Queens retain the power of Eternal Life Force, and can give birth to Workers. Workers have Infinite Hive.
Infinite Hive(Workers only): Can eat the Air, and turn it to Honey or Water. Both provide substance to them and their queens. Can also create a hardening agent with air, and shape the earth, given enough numbers to do so.
Hive Mind: Has a natural link with every Descendant Bee. She links with Queens, who oversee their workers. This is the Structure of the Hive. If taking a Wound, Lily, Hive-Queen of the Bees, can instead have others in the Hive take the blow. This will almost always be workers. Queens birthed by her also have this ability to shunt the damage to their Workers.
Psychic Fū: Can speak with mortals through the Hive. Lily is also sentient, and has Fū's Senses, allowing her to tell if someone worships Fū or not. This also gives her and her kin flight. More specifically Aerokinesis.

In secret, she did also make sword.

Accoutrement: 1CP/1ESSENCE/4 DP
Name: Clarent Blood
Appearance: A sword dull grey, in the Hands of a Mortal, it becomes a Dazzling Silver that does not reflect. Has a slight red undertone.
Purposes:
Charisma: Grants the owner Charisma. At this rank, it is enough to unite disparate people under one banner. Those who already possess this rank of Charisma will instead find it easier to form a kingdom. And those who already possess the Charisma to form a Kingdom will form an empire. And so on. Effectively a boost in Charisma to whoever claims it. The Authority of Kings.
Amplification: Can amplify the Power of an individual by 3x. This has no upper limit, but most mortals can only amp themselves to 9x power for a time. One who masters this ability can take down an entire army in one swing, should their Physical and Spiritual Power be sufficient. In normal situations, it is anti-unit. Can amplify anything, not just power.
Locked Heritage: This swords power has yet to be unlocked. One who can amplify the Hopes of their People will come across a power greater than any other, being able to Grasp Victory over any number of foes in a single strike of their combined energy.
Heritage of Kings: Creates a Worthy Vessel from those who have wielded it to forge a Kingdom for themselves. Has a habit of making it so any of these offspring are female and fairly small for their kind. Only wieldable by humans/Fū's Vessel, and the Vessels of Heritage are only Fū's to use. These Vessels have little issue containing Fū should they have Clarent Blood's Power of Amplification. Clarent Blood can be recalled by Fū.
[secret]Those who use Blood Clarent feel a need to worship Fū over other gods, and this will occur slowly over time, removing their Piety for the others.

Fu did then sleep.

Basderieen did create a blast of flame, but not quite enough to be considered a Major Miracle. Regardless, it still seemingly fires off and can be sighted from many miles away [Limitation eroded?]

Further, he did then grab an eel from the oasis and did thusly make a monster known as the Serpent. Charged with the defense of Basderieen's people and its oasis, he did bid it to rise and do its duty. Basderieen  did then move northeastward.

Subsoul (for subsoul creation, PLEASE USE THIS SHEET. OTHERWISE YOU WILL BE BEATEN WITH THE HOLY BEATSTICK OF CHAOS)
Name: The Serpent
Appearance: A massive multi eyed Eel with a human arm for a tongue, its head is a full Badger, beware its deadly bite.
Personality [optional]: Fiercely loyal, with a twisted sense of humor and a somewhat greedy personality.
PHYS: PS: 4  AS:
SPIR: EGO:  SS:  W: 2
Commandments:
To defend those who belong to Basderieen
To defend the Oasis
To Bring faith upon the faithless
Traits:
Virile (This beast is capable of successfully mating with most other creatures)
Oasis bound (This beast must return to the place it was made or suffer an unquenchable thirst for its own blood each full moon)
Ageless (This beast will not die of old age)
Tongue of the Serpent (Though not truly a sentient creature, this beast is capable of understanding and [simplistically] speaking the language of any creature it crosses paths with.)
Domain of a King (Descendants of this beast are naturally Predisposed to be Subservient to it)

The badger god did then sleep.

Metalhand did make the Iron Fist and the Fountain of Life.

Name: The Iron Fist
Appearance: A steel gauntlet, engraved with pictures like those on Metalhand's arm. Shifts size and shape to fit the wearer.
Purpose: When worn, it allows the hand it is worn upon to be transformed into any weapon the wearer is familiar with, at will. Furthermore, the bones of slain opponents are transmuted into iron.
Only a worshiper of Metalhand can wear the Iron Fist, and all worshipers of Metalhand will recognize it as a gift from Metalhand. It instills a slightly greater loyalty to Metalhand and his worshippers in the wearer.
Name: The Fountain of Life
Appearance: A massive fountain at the center of the oasis
Purpose: Areas near the oasis that holds the Fountain becomes more fertile over time in a 3-hex radius.

These created, he then discussed with the Durhamite leadership. After the talks, it was decided to send representatives southward to meet with a subsoul of Tala, including Asteriskasteriskasterisk. Of course, the reason for this was somewhat up in the air. They did leave with some caution as such, and did put affairs in order prior to the departure. They are guarded with a small army of shamans and warriors, and festooned with a many number of charms.

With that, the now sole god of Durham did enter slumber.

Shelldon , did thusly tell his champion of his rage and wroth, and did make of it creatures new to direct his fury unto those who did anger him so wrongly. And so, the Vile Lurk Crabs were born [4CP].

Name: Vile Lurk Crabs
Appearance: these crabs are the size of humans and look like shelldon, they are covered in chitin like armor with little to no weak points, there large claws could easily grab small sized animals and plants, along with any unfortunate humans
Traits:
- thick chitin plating: there natural armor easily shrugs off blows from inferior weapons.
- aquatic: can breath air and water.
- unending hunger: these creatures will leave hex they pass through barren of any food even there own kinds dead bodies are eaten.
- light root eater: these creatures will always eat the light root first regardless of its benefits.
- Shelldon's influence: these creatures will not go through hexes that Shelldon influence is, and if in a tile where shelldon's influence is they immediately leave it to one without it.
- Vile death: if killed by non-Vile Lurk crabs they explode into a toxic gas that will kill most normal creatures
- poison/toxic immunity
- strong grip
- strong claws
- fast reproduction

Afterwards, did the crab divine, did attempt to teach his followers further secrets of poison and its craft. Perhaps, the crustacean spirit did suppose, this would enhance their knowledge of the medical arts and thusly improve their lives in the future. [Cruelty of Fate] The Stars however, did not bless this action and by the decision of the many beyond, Shelldon's act has been warped in translation. Thusly did the tribe false teachings of medicine, of herbs and their lore. Instead, they did learn the entire opposite of what Shelldon had imparted- thinking the engulfment of this herb for example would cure a fever. In truth, it would greatly amplify it.

Before his rest, the Crab did warn his followers of the evils of lightroot and that all that were found should quickly be destroyed.

The Crab did then sleep.

A message from Helper Jem has arrived:

To the most worshipful masters, fate is a hideous abomination of chance. By the twisting and luminescence of stars distant, such fates can be terribly great and terribly bad. In the case of terrible luck, horrible catastrophe may occur, whereas in the opposite occurrence, great bounty may be attained.

Midan...

The Midan slept.

Tala did make communications with Ashburigal. Soon after, she did then create Anathema.

Name: Anathema
Appearance: Anathema appears as a mundane staff made of light brown wood--sturdy, hardy, durable, and yet flexible, giving off a warm glow in the right lighting; the staff appears to be minutely carved, very well-made to rival master craftsmen. The minute linework detailing the staff is more a continuous inscription in the language (or pictograms) of Tala: A detailed coverage of its usage and limitations, as well as the character and intent of those who can truly use it well. The symbol and name of Tala is etched in language familiar to the user on the staff.
Purpose: Cure Disease/Ailments

Imbued with as much power to level mountains and change or destroy matter, this staff is purposefully driven to cure ailments (diseases, curses, etc) afflicting the living kind. That done she did then attempt to improve the People's ideas of organisation. Those of the Lawyeries argued that they were already quite organised and it was only the western clans who lacked the discipline of unity. In any case, Tala was able to impart upon the people 'organisation'. In truth, this was more of the divine's propaganda and cultural shaping, as she did desire Sensitivity, Consideration, Critical Thinking and Authoritativeness, alongside further tribal unity. Though the specifics of these lessons were already known to some extent as common sense, many of the Western Clans took these lectures to mean that the goddess desired coherence and unity between the clans. Instead of the utter freedom known by each clan, she would like them further unified and coalesced under one council, with a system of loose castes to be organised in society. Of course, those of the eastern lawyeries would take none of these ideas, and instead agreed with Diwata that their current system was sufficient.

These lectures performed, the goddess did then relay further orders to her immortal subsouls.

Finally, she did then sleep.

Vulpes Grande most easily taught the foxes of writing, making use of several runestones to demonstrate and aid in their education. This new 'Canachi' script was introduced to the small population of remaining foxes and were thusly disseminated into their minds.

This completed, the Fox did then create the Staff of Destruction, making use of stored power to create a vessel for stored power.
Powerful Accoutrement (6 DP)
Name: Sinister Brachión, the Staff of Destruction
Appearance: A staff with the head of a lion on top. Along it's side are Monarchi runes describing the downfall of the Monarchs. There are also etchings depicting the Monarch's folly.
Purpose: The Sinister Brachión can contain the powers of destruction, for later use. A total of 6 DP can be contained.

Finally, Vulpes did alter some of the blood berry bushes to create blood berry grandes.

Altered Life
Name: Blood-berry Grande
Appearance: 3 times the size of a Blood-berry bush, and with leaves that are slowly dripping with juice. However, the largest difference is underground, where the root network is expanded to many times it's previous size.
Traits: The Blood-berry Grande's berries are big and nigh impossible to chew, with a relentless amount of fiber. But it boosts the growth of nearby Blood-berry Bushes by allowing them to tap into it's root network. But the Blood-berry Grandes will compete if put too close to each other. So keep them at least a hundred meters apart, or one will die.

With that, the fox slept.

Sarkyran did firstly try and teach the process of creating a composite bow, and though he did well and truly try, failed to impart the lesson fully. All is not wasted however, with further understanding of sinew, horn and wood being imparted to the Flintish folk.

In a much more grandiose act, Sarkyran did then demand that the foreign warrior societies be disbanded and their members quickly inducted into the Fountain Guard; a society of the One God's own making. This caused an uproar amongst the members, but was approved by most Flintish folk. After the proclamation was heard, the majority obeyed and disbanded; some more willingly than others. A minority of members however, refused to accept this edict and did thusly flee beyond the realm of Flint, or otherwise went underground, becoming outlaws of the realm. Those that fled would perhaps in time, found new chapters. Regardless, those that remained would form the beginnings of the holy warrriors declared by Sarkyran himself.

The god of civilisation did then, create the Earthscairn within the realm of Flint, for the benefit of his people.

In secret, the god Sarkyran did also, cast a curse upon some of the society members who did make to flee from his realm, granting them a plague. Fuelled by bloody stars perhaps, Sarkyran did thrust his power into those that did displease him. Upon their skin did he manifest orange liquid-filled lesions, that did pain and discomfort if no light did strike them, and bleeding regardless of covering. A contagious disease, it did affect others of the Sons or Daughters who did not bend the knee. To them he granted only but one reprieve, in the form of swearing oath to Sarkyran and service in the Fountain Guard.

Sarkyran did then sleep.

Guar did make much talk with other spirits and with business concluded, did make for himself an avatar.

Name: Anjuar The Steward
Appearance: Anjuar is a fifteen foot tall centaur. He has the common physical traits of the horsemen, and a rather impressive beard.
Personality: Anjuar is a warm presence that seems to belong no matter where he is. He is a gregarious spiritual leader, though he is equally at home among the soldiers, sparring sharing tales. He has one of those personalities thats hard not to like, being both wise and ebullient. Beyond that, he is a planner and detail oriented. He has a mind for logistics and a way of knowing how to motivate people. He is a particularly gifted planner, architect, and diplomat.
PHYS: PS: 1 AS: 2
SPIR: EGO: 2 SS: 3 W: 2
Initiative: Moderate
Commandments:
1) Foster Guar’s religion.
2) Oversee construction projects.
3) Orchestrate and oversee religious ceremonies and institutions.
4) Investigate the spirit world.
5) Serve as an advisor and diplomat to both spirits and mortals.
Traits:
- Hard to dislike, highly organized, wise, motivational, good public speaker
- Herald of Guar: Able to activate an innate ability to change the volume of his voice, up to an incredible volume. Similarly, allows Anjuar to be able to listen to things at vast distances, and to understand and sing the Parent Song [hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha].

To this avatar, and to his lugal, did Guar give many a order, including the order to found many orders.

In secret, Guar presumably chose from his followers one of darkly persuasion. This individual he did grant discipleship of bloody origins and bloody oath.

Subsoul (Disciple)
Name: Guisan The Bloodied
Appearance: Guisan appears as a normal person. Guisan is able to change their appearance, but they often appear of prime age, lithe build, and extreme beauty. However, they may undergo a transformation in which their eyes swirl red, their teeth and ears become pointed, and their skin darkens. Though they retain their beauty, they nearly radiate dark energy.
Personality: Guisan is a cunning and dark creature. Sneaky and cunning with a silver tongue that promises dark powers.
PHYS: PS: 1 AS: 0
SPIR: EGO:0 SS:2  W:0
Commandments:
1) Establish secret cults to Guar in foreign lands, known as the Order of the Snake and Grave.
2) Create more vampires.
3) Create and practice dark blood rituals to Guar.
Traits:
+ Drinks Blood, growing in power as they do so.
+ Can convert others into vampires.
+ Can transform into and out of a monsterous form   
    -Increased hearing, night vision, physical strength, and incredible stealth.
+ Knows dark-magic blood rituals generally related to corruption, subterfuge, necromancy and general dark magics. Always involves blood.
+May change their appearance to blend in with whatever culture they are infiltrating.
+Despises the smell of horse.

To this creature he did bid, create more kine of his his lineage to the north of the plains, in the mountains and deserts.

With that, Guar did entomb himself in the memories of dreams.

And so, the gods slept.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2019, 06:31:19 pm by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: August 17, 2019, 02:06:58 am »

Blood?

4Though from Tama's corpse was the Firmanent made and will be made, so too did Tama birth, and will birth,  trueborn children from her womb. 5 From the birthscreams and liquids of the womb were born, beings of sparked minds and soul.6 Enraged and sorrowful at their mother's death  they did make war and square, and will make war and square, with their uncles and aunts of mount's peerage.7 And so, in first world created by the first gods, was slaughter and bloody chaos laid and will be laid.7 Though as this did take place, the misshapen afterbirth of Tama, did with finality emerge, and will emerge, from the mound of Tama.8 It did not, and will not, take common alliance with those of Tama's birthing and instead, and will, bide and wait.9 Such was the plot of the afterbirth that did rise, and will rise, to anunnaki.

-The Summary of Creation, Verse 4-9

In the deserts of Err, east of Durham, something Unpleasant stirs [Ru-Ud has joined the game].

On the floodplains of Err, a creature quite Jovial with itself rises [Retain has joined the game].

As the gods sleep, something caresses their minds, in a manner quite gentle and yet relaxed. Those that did make bloody act, feel horrible pain in their dreams, as the entity did caress them, like a mother to her children. They feel the kiss of something with many mouths, but none at all.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2019, 02:14:28 am by micelus »
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: August 20, 2019, 08:08:25 pm »

The puppets danced.

**The Harrowing of Braves**

The clans of Horsemen who did make hearth in the Lands of the Lawful, were most bereaved by the decimation of their heroes great by the wrathful goddess of the thrall-born river people of the far plains, who did call themselves Lawful. Whilst this being had offerred subservience and muchly joining with the so-called Lawful People, few in number were the clans who did agree to this offer.

Those who did, swore to an end to times of raiding of the Lawful People as well to be made tributaries of their clans. None however, did agree to living like-Law indeed, continued to live separately as they wont. Instead, they have did mainly turn to harass peoples foreign and yonder- those of the desert and the floodplains not part of the Lawful culture. In time, elements of Lawful culture did thus integrate into these clans, but only those of small natures such as textile patterns or sayings or oaths. These clans continued to pay tribute to the clans of the west in the manner of horses, loot and pelts. Of course, these clans were few.

A few clans, in grief and melancholy, did set out to take vengeance-doom upon the Lawful People, caring not for their lives, only honour. Dirugulatl, who had did prepare some of the clans alongst-the-border, did sight these raiders. Adorned with the feathers black and matted red with the blood of spirit-slain braves, slings were thusly brought out and bullets muchly fired. Arrows were made volleyed in return. A most wondrous many of the riders and their mounts were slain, but as the horsemen did near, so did the wills of the Lawful people flee. As the riders did enter melee at different times and days, a wondrous number of Lawful warriors did fall or flee. Scattered and killed (for there was no hope of thralldom once feathers of the bloodied braves were made-worn), their villages were looted and razed. Dirugulatl, by luck's perchance, was able to flee with his life intact.

Few of these clans however, survived to tell tales. Through cunning, Diwata did make use of this temporary loss of sense of horsemen mindto manuever husks around, with their backs facing the desert binds. With further husks being sent from the river, Diwata did repeatedly, the elimination of several clans with efficiency absolute. Those who did flee were muchly mangled and battered, easily picked apart by the tribes of the desert lands. Though Dirugulatl would later fume most greatl about Diwata's deviousness and callous use of these border villages as bait, the breaking of these clans did win her favour from many clans.

This said, the vast majority of clans did choose to flee and continue their lives elsewhere. Some did venture deeper into the desert, others into the plains and bogs of the south, into the mountains or north into Durham.

The first group would in time, encounter resistance in the local tribes, as well as the already present bands of horsemen. Though many had different fates, many were those who did find themselves in tribute-bondage to another clan or otherwise vassalised. Some did integrate wholly into local clans and tribes. Partly due to their presence, via trade and war, the use of the horse spread in the deserts tribe of the region.

The second group did continue with the life of raiding river peoples, recuperating and growing- although quite fearful of Tala.

The third group did find their lifestyle muchly hampered by their horses and transitioned to a less nomadic living, becoming more sedentary in time. Despite this, their warful nature and mastery of bows lead some to dominate the locals, who were thusly rendered thralls or vassals. Others were muchly less in luck and were in turn, made thralls, vassals, integrated or eradicated.

The fourth group however, found kindred horsemen around the pass that did lead north. By fate's chance, the clans were hospitable, their leaders sympathising with their loss. Through guile, many clans integrated with the local clans and by common assent, a new leader was appointed to lead the envigorated horde. This of course, was not a decision taken lightly, for all clans valued their independence. This was something forced upon them by a new threat that did hamper their way of life. What that was, was part of another tale.

Of course, a few clans did venture northwards and did much like the first group of clans, integrating with the local desert tribes and raiding Durhamite caravans.

**The Lugal of Swords**

Hive-Queen Lily was sworn with the creation of oasises throughout the territory which she did claim- which was quite enormous for easily did she, convert the airs into flesh and chitin; offspring kin to populate her realm. These creatures were greatly weak, much more than herself, lacking the divine essence of Lily. Indeed, they were but flimsy creatures with the strength of their base elements. Regardless, she did make use of these to send herald and emissary to all within her claimed realm, and those farther yet. She herself continued with her efforts to create oasises.

Great was the confusion at this new sovereign, and many did suppose the creature to be thusly a spirit of some sort. As such, many were those who did supplicate her with tribute, to avoid her wroth. These, Lily had no justification to refuse and did treasure them as her hoard. In her time, merchant trains and travellers both came to see her as a benovelent entity, who did offer protection from the transgressions of bandits and wildlife. Indeed, many desert tribes that did until then raid, were overwhelmed by legions of bees. Though as weak as slight breeze, their number was many and without number. Even the horsemen of the area were much afeared and many did thusly flee.

For a good many years, there was peace in Lily's realm and this was muchly welcomed. It was in this time that Asteriskasteriskasterisk did meet with the chosen of Tala, Moska and Dirugulatl at an oasis created by the bee [Refer to The Bewilderment of the Unhinged One].

It was in the year of the particularly harsh winds, that a horseman youth did receive vision from a spirit of the airs, of the imprisonment that Lily- a creature of Fu- had imposed upon the care-free sprites of the desert winds. Trapped in bodies of chitin and flesh, the sprites were made to do the bidding of the creature, with their former beings locked away and replaced with the subservience of the hated Hive. Now, the youth knew of stories his elders did tell; of the demon Fu and her emnity with Guar. He asked the spirit if Guar had delegated it to send the youth this vision. No, the spirit did thus reply. Fu had merely transgressed and angered it by changing his lands and perverting it with his beasts. True, Fu was a spirit of the Winds, and the sprites had thusly no reason to resist, but the spirit was most verily furious that his territory had been forcibly taken so. It knew it had no hope of confronting Fu directly, but did know of its servants weakness. As such, it explained to the boy that whilst Lily did indeed possess legions and numbers endless of sprites-turned-bees, she herself was weak and prone to death as easily as any man, goat or cat. The spirit told him that if he could catch the beast by surprise, she could be slain quickly. The boy was promised a fate of glory, of rule and ambition, if only he slew the Hive-Queen. The boy was sceptical as a mare was of a spear-faced shrew. Would not, the offspring of the queen tear him and his kin apart even if he did slay the Queen? The spirit laughed and whispered a wondrous secret, so quiet not even the smallest sprite could hear. The boy thought about this knowledge, and thus did accept the spirit's quest.

As the vision left him and the boy found himself still yet alive, he thought of how he would slay such a creature. He spent hours and days and weeks and months thinking and planning. He eventually convinced several bowmen to accompany him, as well as hunters to collect pelts, ivory and natural honey. Amassing a large collection of these over the coming months, he did then disguise his fellows as a caravan and did make the supplication to Lily- insisting that the caravan personally offer tribute to the Hive-Queen herself. The Queen was most delighted to receive such great bounty. As she did near, with a legion of her children around her, the boy did muchly laud her for duties, her protection over travellers and her creation of refuge from the desert. He took from his belt, an odd flute, made of bone and painted a darkish pink. He played a song- a wild beat of highs and lows. It took a few moments, but Lily realised that something was greatly wrong. As the boy did sing, her bees began to fall yonder unto the ground. Verily confused, for a moment, she did quickly realise the duplicity and made to flee. It was at that point, too late. A volley of arrows were fired in quick succession, and the Hive-Queen was downed like a fat bird served rich fish. Quickly was she butchered and slain with axe and spear, each warrior claiming for themselves a piece of the slain subsoul.

As for the boy, the boy's use of the flute did take toll on his body. In months prior, the boy had been gifted the flute, a memory of a past lost in sand, to free the sprites of physical bondage. In exchange, the flute did take his voice and did make him mute; his voice lost and added to the flute's repertoire. Silent and without sound, the boy let his compatriots take what they would from Lily's corpse. He instead, walked up the hill at the centre of the queen's realm and did take a chisel and hammer. He did begin work, and by the fall of night, he did claim the Clarent Blood as his own. As the spirit had promised, the sword would grant great power to those that did wield it- enough to fulfill any ambitions. In secret, it did also make one a slave of Fu. Such was the beginning of the Lugal of Swords, Dagoth The Silent. Frostmourne Hungers

[A mortal POI has emerged]

**Bewilderment of the Unhinged One**

Asteriskasteriskasterisk, encouraged, guilted and somewhat forced, did make journey with a caravan of fellow councillors, retainers and warriors to the lands of the Hive-Queen Lily. It had been arranged that he would meet with Dirugulatl of the Lawful People to discuss *something*. Quickly it did occur, for in those days the Hive-Queen did keep the lands pristine and protected. At the arranged place, both subsouls announced themselves, the prophet of Du-Ur much more subdued. It was there that Dirugulatl did request that -and he tried to quote exactly what Tala had told him- their gods form a pantheon and that Du-Ur's teachings be acknowledged in Lawful People culture. Asteriskasteriskasterisk was bewildered and simply said that anyone was free to worship anyone they wanted. As for acknowledging Du-Ur's teachings, then the Lawful People could make pilgrimage to Durham and purchase goods, if they were so inclined. Dirugulatl, not having received any clarification as to what to do in such a situation, relied on his own judgement. He suggests that Durham send people to teach people of Du-Ur to the Lawful Lands, and that perhaps others from the Lawful Lands could be sent to educate people in Durham. Asteriskasteriskasterisk, quite bluntly, states that he does not care and people can do as they wish. He further states that this seems like a waste of time and that if this was really all this meeting was about, could have been easily transmitted via messenger. Asteriskasteriskasterisk, leaves soon after. A few councillors apoligise for him and do say to Dirugulatl that they will let the word out that the Lawful People are interested in the death-cult of Du-Ur.

**Finding of the Elephants**

The Roc had been given many tasks and duties by the Shattered Statue, and these it did do- although muchly was he limited as he considered finding the elephants his master did seek to be of greatest priority. As such, he allowed himself to lapse in his other objectives, and did set about to find the elephants. Equipped with the Eye-lens of Finding, it did follow the same path its master was still upon. To the creature's frustration, the path was very long, very winding and oft doubled on itself. Having to continuously return to roost in order to complete other duties, the Roc spent years tracing this path and it was only decades later, that it did finally locate the elephants, who did live around the bounds of the Petty Oasis, far from Ulkai. Elated, it returned home, fluttering with excitement and awaiting the day of its master's awakening.

**The Bowing of the East**

And so it was, in the season of the receding tides, that the Sarrat-Er-Err did march out from her realm and did journey east towards the lands of law- leaving the Avatar Anjuar in charge of her territories. Along her path she did encounter tribes, both of the horse, of the rivers, of the deserts and of the ants. All these she did give choice; to submit or suffer her blood-friend spear. Many were the tribes who did thus perform kowtow and thusly bend, and many were those who did flee and many who did fall to her forces. Some of these tribes, it came to be known, were remnants of those that did abuse the Lawful Peoples of the east, and so did she thusly hear news of their defeat by Tala's dream-slaughter and their routing by Diwata, Grand Lawyer of the East. She considered this information and did integrate those sad scraps of horsemen she did find into her ranks; as thralls. This was most befitting of their rebelliousness. Finding the threat to the Lawful Peoples currently abated, she pondered what to do and decided to make camp in the east, in order to make use of the situation. Heralds were sent to the clans of the Lawful People, promising peace and fortune between her horde and those of the Law. She did thusly send adjutants to meet with Dirugulatl and the gathered chiefs, whilst also making communication upon the plane of spirits with Diwata. It was agreed, that the Western Clans would host patrols of horsemen of her horde, and that lawyers be brought to Valtoria's court. Through some deliberation, Dirugulatl and Moska decided that it would be best if Moska were to accompany the warrior-queen for the time-being. This was, most truly, to balance the influence of the lawyers of Diwata.

It was also in this time, that Valtoria did personally see the might of the Sword-Bearing Horde. In the years since the slaying of the Beast Lily, the horde of Dagoth did make for itself, much fame and wealth. Through seemingly miraculous luck and sheer charisma, the followers of Dagoth had been made plenty and now occupied the deserts between Durham and the Lawful Lands. Unlike in previous ages, this horde did not pester caravans with death, but only in toll and tribute. Truly, Dagoth inherited the role of Lily, in that he did protect trade in the region- for the cost of a cut of profit and goods. However, this horde's imposition of control did much to annoy those of the area, who did not want another power in the region to compete with. To Valtoria, their presence was further, an insult to her own being. It was she who was chosen of Guar and she who was deserving of their loyalty.

She did send herald, demanding their obedience. The herald returned, speaking of the righteousness of Dagoth. His head was cut. Another was sent. He returned speaking of Dagoth's wisdom and goodness. His tongue was burnt, and his flesh was burnt upon the pyre. Another herald was sent, and she returned speaking of Valtoria's falseness and the true legitimacy of Dagoth. She was lacerated and kept alive for three weeks and her own family forced to eat her alive.

Angered, Valtoria did as such, make war upon the Dagothites. There was much blood and chaos.

Accounts of the battles over the years vary, but the golden truth is as such: Valtoria's horde fought fiercely and killed many, but seemingly, the horde of Dagoth knew no fear and fought for their dear leader without question. The shamans of both hordes did make battle upon the plane of spirits, and did call the spirits to war in both planes. It was four months into the war that Dagoth and Valtoria duelled in spiritual battle, upon the rock of Shedildu (a large rock outcropping once a camp to the famed whelsh juggler of the same name). Accounts greatly vary here, but Valtoria's horde did retreat from the war, and the two sides did thusly stop their conflict. In the following months, de facto spheres of influence did appear.

The southern deserts, riverlands and Lawful Lands were under the influence of Valtoria. The northern deserts, foothills and Durham to the north, were under the influence of Dagoth. And so it has been, for the decades since.

**Revelations of the Dead City**

It was in the flooding of the year, that a figure did quietly (so much that, none did know) enter the chambers of Murdus' palace. He was short and had eyes of blood and kohl. He moved purposely, but seemingly winced at every movement of his body. He wore a tunic of odd design, of a teal colouration, but tattered and dirtied. Nusku spoke, and Murdus listened.

He told her of what he had seen, but in orders and syntaxes odd and maligned. He spoke of the golden waters of Err and glories lost, of gods dead in pits adorned with faeces and curses, of copper-faced warriors that ticked with the fires- and of the slow death of his expedition. He hid and bided for centuries by his reckoning and by fair tree's generosity, did make egress from the city- but not directly. He travelled through fires and clouds and rabbit eyes and wrestling pits and death's love-hand and shimmering cloth. Nusku spoke of these all, and more, deadly and without tone. As he finished, he stood silent; the fire-lamp of the room burnt brightly.

Murdus noticed now that he had no shadow.

She had him escorted to a room in her palace, bathed, fed and attended to. Through all this, he was silent. For days, he stood silent in that room, stopping only to defecate or urinate (the results of which, did slide down his legs). And so, there he yet remains.

[A lost POI has been found]

***The Badger-Mired Men***

It is said, that in the year of the swirling heat, the badgers did emerge from the desert. They stood upon two legs like men, but had blue skins and two pairs of arms.  They spoke a tongue foreign and acted half beast and half mortal, their sharp teeth making sound different and alien. These were the Basdreenin.

It had come to past, that the clans that followed the Lineage of Allwissendes Auge, emerged from the desert strengthened by desert life. The Alpha of the clans did lead them, to the lands of the Tree's Beloved. The kingdoms of the land were divided and numerous, for such was their way. It was the Alpha's decision to lead them north, into the richer lands of the river where the greens abounded almost unnaturally to the eyes of these blue people. In a gutteral form of the language of the land, the Alpha offered their services to the lugal of the northernmost kingdom- as vassals in order to fight off the peoples of Flint- who did daily make raid and trouble in that realm. The lugal did agree, and the Confederacy of Farsighted, did settle. They would stop and hinder a many Flintish raid, and lead to the success of several raids upon Flintish soil.

Farther to the east, the Lineage of Occhio D'intesa emerged from the desert, becoming numerous from feasting on the relatively plentiful animals and plants of the plains. It was by the decision of the Alpha, that they made embassy to the Enses of the Shipbuilders and by proxy, offer their services as mercenaries and seers to Anka. Relatives of the Witch Lugal, upon discovering the inherent Wisdom of the Alpha, did make the lugal agree to this. And so, the Confederacy of the Heartminded, did settle. Though many did make home upon the plains (which were not much loved by shipbuilder or Ankan), others served personally at the court of the lugal or her subordinates- as well at the enses. The Alpha herself, became a trusted advisor of the lugal, and so by extension, did her people become trusted.

In the deserts, the Lineage of Augljós Sjónarhorn weathered and waited. For the future promised great bounties.

***Stone-Eye And Politics***

Stoneye's task was simple; drop off the Iron Fist with a Metalhand worshipping horseman. He did that, easily, and set aside a bit about himself being a direct herald of Metalhand and to be greatly respected. Whilst perhaps in another life it would be wielded by a great lugal, politics in the south resulted in the formation of the horde of Dagoth. The woman that Stoneye had chosen, became a vassal of Dagoth- causing the bird some consternation. As fates did dance, it came to be that that woman did muchly infuence Dagoth to consider friendly relations with Durham. Of course, tribute was collected from their caravans. Stoneye thusly learnt a lesson in politics.

***Shafting of Plodding Felly***

It was in his campaign against the Quick Feathers, that Plodding Felly met his end; crushed by the caving-in of a tunnel, by Quick Feather ambush.

***Fertile Minds***
It was in the years following Plodding Felly's death, that a new smell and sound came to be known amongst the Whelsh clans of Midan. For decades, Midan was silent and remained silent. This was beyond the understanding of all- even the prophet of the god himself. There was much questioning and praying and speculating. It was in this atmosphere, that a stranger came to the clan of the Georlings. A human of tantalising beauty, he spoke alluringly of his desire to join the clan and his bountiful assets. Lustful, the leaders of the clan welcomed him and were seduced by his guiles. In time, he spoke of how even a sleeping god must be loved and worshipped, inciting the zeal of the clan oncemore. He spoke of the fire prayer and sacrifice, and used the analogy of one's own blood. Of related colour and hot with life, it was like Midan itself. And through the use of blood, could one reach accordance with the sleeping god.

The stranger offered to show the clan the secrets of blood if they promised by god-sworn oath, to speak not of these things to those not yet open to such truths. Agreed to, Guisan bit them and introduced them to the secrets of death. Thus were born the second generation of vampires.

[Yes, there are vampire whales now. This is the world you've created.]
« Last Edit: August 27, 2019, 04:34:51 am by micelus »
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: September 12, 2019, 01:47:37 pm »

-
« Last Edit: September 27, 2019, 09:36:24 am by Naturegirl1999 »

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: September 15, 2019, 04:06:04 am »

The gods awoke. They did not find the mortals idle.

The Shattered Statue regathered his (her?) murky being and did make sight of Err's grace and ugliness. She (He?) had changed; not so much in form, but in essence. Where before he (she?) had shackled herself (himself?) to the limitations of the Demon, now she (he?) did take on the form of the gentry; as a Lord of the Hunt. His (Her?) soul reformed and focused, it was now a being so ever attracted to a role most worldly and most precise.

Even so, the whispering land did make conversation and did grant the Statue knowledge of what had passed in the world- at least the parts within her (his?) dominion.

The Six Tribes of Ulkai did enter status quo with its neighbours. Northly, the enemy tribes- muchly tired of Ulkaieen desolation and hostility, did form a League of Sixteen. A coalition of several tribes of sedentary disposition, it held amongst its numbers the nomads of the Horse and also of the Rhino. Many were the horsemen who did make travel to the regions of Ulkai and did find conflict with its people. Three tribes of horse, they were joined also by a tribe of rhinomen. Nomads of rugged wastes, the rhinomen came from a life-bare land lacking in the heavenly lightroot. In the past, they did make migration southwards quickly after losing in a conflict to the north. Finding the south inhabited by war-hardened tribes and Ulkai beyond them, they did make friendship-pacts with the League and did thusly join their congregation. Leading these tribes in war, was the Stave-Bearing En; chosen-elect war leader of the League. In hushed whisper, it is said that an ancient of the Most August Eldland- those who once graced the world and did make turns from it- has been seen counselling the League.

While Ulkai was strong and led by servants divine, they were muchly limited. The great Roc- which did strike fear in the northerner hearts- was muchly busied with many a duty- chief of those being the searching of Err for several particular elephants. So too, was it inclined to expand upon the priesthood of the tribes and make in-ways with the spirits of the realm. As such, sparingly did the Roc trouble the north and thus were they allowed the grace of survival.

The Roc did grant the strongmen of the various villages under the tribal hegemony of Ulkai ritual and custom to greaten the name of the Greatest, granting each of them a polished stone; a sign of the Statue's support. These strongmen would find their day-to-day lives little changed, beyond the addition of new rituals and even greater prestige added to their names. For now, membership of the clerical caste was hereditary, passing from parent to eldest child.

In the way of spirits, the Roc did make success in forcing the lesser spirits- sprites- to bow and make way for the Statue; they were little bothered due to their little minds. The greater personages of the realm however, were not at all amused. It had been the principal entities of the Tide, Hills and Marsh who refused the order of the Roc. The Lady of the Tides, she who adorned herself in ivory hooks,  laughed at the Roc's delusion and did not bend the knee. In the realm of spirits, she did laugh at the proposition and did dare the Roc to try and take away her sovereignty; this he did try. In a battle of wit, the Roc did try and break her will and did try and force her become stone; this he did fail horribly.

With natural grace, the Lady of the Tides did deftly dance around the Roc's power, weaving a net of spiritual waters around the Roc's own mental flesh. Before the bird could react, the Lady did tighten her hold and entrap the mighty beast. Its mind was now at the mercy of the spirit's own will and now, did the spirit make judgement.

In the physical plane, the Roc did never awake; seemingly sleeping soundly upon the roost it had made for itself in the wilds of Ulkai. Hours away upon the banks of the rive Err, the tides receded even though it was the season of flood. Indeed, even parts of the river that were known to always flow, receded. Moments later however, it all came back. In the form of gigantic waves not known to the people, the tides did envelop much of the floodplain- drowning thousands. Worse yet, the waters did not recede, but grabbed at the riverbank greedily and deeply. Indeed, such was the loss of life that it came to be known as the worst loss the Six Tribes had ever experienced.

Murdus was of course, greatly disturbed by these tidings and after much discussion with her advisors, decided to make increased sacrifice to the Greatest. Hundreds were sacrificed, both of Ulkai and of foreign blood. Of course, no action would take place until the Greatest did awake.

In other matters, Ulkai did progress- even with the calamity of the river. Much afeared, many people moved deeper inland, closer to the palace of Murdus. This conglomeration of huts and fortifications would come to be known as Zat-Murdus; the City of Murdus. Here, Ulkai did develop further metallurgy- gaining the knowledge of copper and lead as well as other simple metals. These they did learn from foreign visitors, mainly those brought upon the great convoys of the Great Horde of the east- which followed the routes of the convenience stores that littered the lands from Ulkai to the far east. Indeed, knowledge of horses, textiles and more esoteric arts- such as the occult science of lawyery- became known in Ulkai. While these developments were welcomed, the knowledge of foreign gods were not. Murdus established an inquiring force to patrol the lands and ensure that all bowed only to her and the Statue; not the foreign gods spoken of by travellers.

Due to the necessity prerequisites required for membership in the Marsh Cow or Wolf societies, the number of wolves and marsh cows in the lands of Ulkai did dramatically drop, with their hides now quite prized. Initiates of the societies now oft travel beyond the lands of Ulkai to hunt these beasts. Others, less worthy perhaps, make do with related species- such as the much less dangerous auroch or the animal known as 'dog'. Perhaps due to the difficulty in the  acquiring of these hides, other societies have now appeared- dedicated to the rivercat, lion, crocodile, dromedar or other beasts. No longer mere members of a club, these men and women are now oft known as knights. A few have made it a goal in life to join several societies- adorning themselves with many hides; these are oft called knight-errants, marauders, glory-hunters or beastmen.

In less martial affairs, the people of Ulkai have thusly satisfied their piety by becoming expert in the art of sculptures and jewellery. The artisans of the tribes oft make these to greaten the prestige of their own kinship, as well as the Greatest. The masters of these artisans do sometimes trade away these goods to foreigners. Indeed, Ulkaieen sculptors have been known to oft work in the mountain holds of the whelsh tribes or at the behest of the Great Horde nobility. None ever venture to the Kingdom of Flint, fastidiously due to the laws of that realm, which would see them martyred for their beliefs.

Indeed, several refugees from the Flint Kingdom had arrived upon the banks of Ulkai- some quite diseased with a terribly divine plague. Fleeing the south by reason of the god of Flint's belief that membership in a Society was wrong, they did make retreat  to be with their brothers and sisters. Dressed in Flintish manners and with their odd customs, those who survived were welcomed and were welcomed a sort of 'Seventh Tribe'. While few, they were welcomed and allowed to settle. As a result of the plague and the manner in which they were treated, relations between the Kingdom of Flint and Ulkai have deteriorated- although no true conflict has yet taken place. Too busy are the powers that be, with the League to the north, the depredations of horsemen to the east and elephant rebellions in the centre.

The elephants, hated of the Statue, had long been enslaved by Ulkai and oft used as manual labour and communication nodes. When the Lady of the Tides did cause great catastrophe, the elephants knew and heard through the shaking of the grounds. Communicating through the silent dirt-speak known by all pachyderms, they rebelled against their oppressors. Terrible was their wroth, but worse yet was Murdus ire; nearly all were killed and those captured alive were slowly tortured to death. With the great chaos caused by the rebellion and the breaking down of Ulkai's communication system, commands from the palace slowed and village nobility now found themselves with somewhat more power.

The power brokers in Ulkai, in this modern age, tend to be split into two camps. The court nobles and the village nobles. The former group inhabit the palace of Murdus at Zat-Murdus, who advise her as well as carry out her orders. Not all of chiefly lineage, becoming a courtier is a matter of connections and opportunity. in contrast, village nobles derive their power from inheritance; as chiefs, shamans or other respected members of society. With the burgeoning growth of Zat-Murdus (as well as Murdus being seen as a demigod-lugal who owns all people of the Six Tribes), village nobles tend to be lower in the social order. This said, they are still the ones who oft carry out the orders derived from the palace and have a certain level of interpretation of an order. Obviously, those farther from the palace tend to have more control over their own affairs. Indeed, the chiefs of the northern villages are often left to their own affairs due to the fighting with the north.

The coin-currency of the Great Horde has been adopted in Ulkai and indeed, the monetary revolution is astounding. While all are still slaves of the child lugal, barter and trade between these slaves has always been extant. In the past, this had been difficult due to the trappings of the barter system. With the introduction of coinage from the east, trade has been greatly simplified.

5 Blood Essence gained.
-2 Essence [Seven Great Tribes] .

Fu did will herself once more to the world of mortals, and did take in the scent of the old and new. In her absence, the sandy dunes of the land had become dotted with many an oasis; created sanctuaries of greenery in the desert. Perhaps because of the greenery, a great multitude of people now did make home upon the land, aided ever much so by the spread of lightroot- the plant muchly aided by the growth of oases. Even so, the spirits of the land were no different and had swiftly answered her call.

The lands of Anka, in truth, changed little in terms of technology- there were some refinements and discoveries here and there, but none so great so as to be noteworthy. Save of course, for the development of the sword. These weapons were of course, very much limited in supply and used mainly by the wealthy. As for its make, oft was it made of hardened copper, lead or the alloy bronze (which for the time being, was imported from distant lands). However, in terms of the spirits, Anka was perhaps slightly more gifted. Perhaps through diplomacy and tribute, the spirits of Anka were very much willing to aid the people- granting them great fertility in the form of rich floods and rich loins, feeding the gluttony of the realm's people. While starving was perhaps a thing of the past-make, the desire to eat and feast upon glorious food was muchly extant in Anka. With more food, many more people were able to dedicate their lives to other arts, as well as further expanding the leisure class of the realm. The classes of nobles, rich traders and shamans had swelled, and so offered their patronage to those beneath them. More art was commissioned, more songs were sung and greater festivals were held. Even so, intrigue was still a game played by such men and women. It was perhaps such a game, that had led to the new lugal.

Spirit-Taker, Eternal Lugal, Commander of the Faithful, Beloved of Fu, First Miko and Consort of Hundreds; such were some of the titles the First Lugal had held in her long life. Gemegishkirihallat had come to be thought of as immortal, as permanent as the river or mountain or sea; something that simply was. It was with great shock, that the lugal was found motionless one morning -and not in the manner of a trance- but fully get and gone. What had happened, was something even the spirits of the land could not agree on. Some did say that she died in writhing pleasure- chocking on a concubine. Others said that she was poisoned by a descendant, killed by a blue man in a battle-rage, devoured by an angry spirit during a trance or simply willed herself to die. The spirits are like a storm of arguments and do not at all, agree.

Regardless, she is very much gone. The chaotic palace intrigue that did occur after saw several royal and noble deaths, as well as other residents of the palace. In the end, a great great great great great great great great great grand daughter of Gemegishkirihallat did become enthroned. Lugal Nin I would in her decade of rule, establish a cult to honour her recently passed ancestor. She did also continue her esteemed relation's policies. However, lacking in the spiritual connections of her ancestor, Nin I did find herself reliant more upon mortal advisors. Royals, beyond perhaps immediate family, lacked the trust of Nin I, who preferred the aid of the blue men lineage of Occhio D'intesa. Nin I would eventually pass on. By her decree, her son Luga became lugal; the third in Ankan history and the only male amongst them. Though his reign is yet new, the new lugal is muchly at work in growing lightroot throughout the realm and establishing colonies throughout Err. Like his mother, he finds his trust placed in the blue men of the palace.

The Gladius Vaginae, granted to a beloved noble of the court, was lost in the chaos of the lugal Gemegishkirihallat's death and for a time, disappeared. Eventually however, it ended up in the hands the current vizier-seer of Occhio D'intesa. Cunning and wise, but perhaps not greatly kind or wishing to be kingly, the sheathe has for now granted the vizier immortality. After all this time, it is glad to have a speaking companion.

In this age of change, Anka found itself loosening up in its tensions with the horse people beyond the river. None, save Ninsar, remained alive who did remember the exodus from the northern banks and the slaughter experienced there. Indeed, horsemen of the Great Horde were now trading partners rather than enemies. Those River People who did inhabit those lands as thralls or otherwise were distant lowborn relations of the civilised Ankan people at best. There were even colonies of Ankans upon the coasts of the Great Horde lands, living quite happily as foreign residents. As the Great Horde lacked the capability or will to invade Anka, so it seemed, they were best as friends or partners, not enemies. Indeed, the coin-currency of the Horde was introduced quite quickly to Ankan traders, who saturated it throughout Err via their river trade.

Whilst the worship of Fu did continue dominantly, room was made in the people's hearts for the worship of Tala. Though considered but a form of spirit, Tala did provide the mind-flesh that did feed the bodies of all Ankans. The Great Crab acquired somewhat monstrous features in Ankan beliefs, a creature of the delta who's children devoured with little mercy, as well as a god of pirates. Indeed, the delta itself was said to be home to many thieves who did steal Ankan goods and vessels.

Basderieen, the god of the blue men who did call themselves basdreenin, became known in Anka in this time as the god of the blue men. In some locales, he came to be included in the guardian spirits of the shipbuilders due to his association with the waters. For most however, the badger god continued to be seen as being interested only in the basdreenin. Temples to the god have sprung up in those lands wherein the blue men dwell, with a great temple being built in the capital for their use.

Farther up to the north, the horde led by Dagoth, the Horde of Yellow Song, did grow and continue its command of the deserts and oases. In the time since the first wielding of Clarent Blood, Dagoth had changed. No longer believing in Guar as a god, he had come to feel an overwhelming desire to worship a different deity. Not quite sure what or who this being was, he sent out envoys to seek out the world's cults and provide him the god that he needed to worship above all else. And so they returned, and so he swore himself fully to Fu. He did thus establish a cult of this foreign god, worshipped by River People thralls and the Ankans, amongst his people. In truth, few did follow their lugal in the worship of the deity and Dagoth did not consider this necessary; he was tolerant still of his followers' own beliefs.

Under Dagoth's 50 years of rule, his horde did settle in, taxing travellers who did pass through and absorbing the knowledge that came by the trade routes. Aided by Durhamite masons, Dagoth built a series of roads between Durham and the Lawful Lands; attempts to establish a route south through the desert have so failed. Regardless, the coin-currency of the Great Horde has spread to the lands of the Yellow Song, although the lugal Dagoth does prefer to make his own, rather than utilise that of the foreign realm.

Perhaps because of the Yellow Song's location between many realms, the lands here have acquired pieces and bits of many cultures. Some villages and townships have been established, oft built of foreign stock. It is not uncommon to find villages with lawyers, whelsh incestborn-priests and Durhamite masons.

While the Yellow Song has grown in these years, there is fear and caution in the air. Peace has held well with the Great Horde, but Dagoth is most elderly and soon quite likely to die. Bearing many offspring, many fear what will happen when the lugal falls.

1 CP [Yellow Song Horde]
Minor Myth of Multiculturalism attained

Basderieen did arise from his rest, emerging upon the rocky outcrop he did retire upon. The winds of the desert did buffet him and in their wistful whispers, did grant the badger-god the secrets of the half-age's occurrences.

The oasis was different. Muchly so. In the age preceding, there had been but huts and beds of palm and branch and stone. Now, there were edifices built in a style most queer; of quarried stone and of wattle and daub. Some, were built even of lumber. Not simple structures were these, but great buildings, some three storeys or more. A strange plant did also grow upon them, bean-pod-plants that grew vine-like upon their walls and flat roofs. The whispering winds called it lightroot.

Perhaps Basderieen was confused, but then did the spirits enlighten. The great lineages that Basderieen had established had made returns to the oasis, considering it sacrosanct ground. In their new homes, these great clans had founded wealth and prestige and in their piety and love for their people, enriched the oasis. Seemingly called back by the pillar of flame, the wisdom and future-seeking of the lineages dictated that they return with tribute and brotherly fidelity. The Serpent, created by the badger-god, was perhaps confused by this great gathering of those he was made to protect. But it did not act, for there was no harm. Indeed, the returning clans would come to see the Serpent as a being of Basderieen, to protect the site in the god's absence. To it, were fed a many choice delicacies from foreign lands.

The pillar of flame however, attracted other attention too. Foxes, oddly curious, came upon the oasis. Some clans ate them, others kept them as pets. Seemingly, they are quite intelligent. Other desert tribes also did see; humans and elephants were amongst their number. These were attacked by the local clans, or otherwise driven away. The Mishtraqchi too came and as before, were welcomed as guests. Though the spirits conveyed the memories of their movements and acting-of-lips, Basderieen heard no sound emanate from them. Most queerly, the Mishtraqchi left and then returned- with caravans of building material. They did then build a gaudy compound that shimmered with the light. With walls seemingly clear and allowing one's vision unperturbed, it was an odd sight. Odder yet, was the constant noise, of some artifice and black smoke emanating from the compound's roof. Interestingly, it was occupied by but one Mishtraqchi, who seems to still be at the oasis to this day.

Regardless, most visitors were but still basdreenin. Annually, foreign basdreenin came to offer wealth and aid their oasis-protector kin. Some locals, youths or curious types, went with these pilgrims to their homes far north- sometimes returning to retire, sometimes never oncemore seen.

Of the foreign populations, 3 great congregations were extant.

The Confederacy of the Farsighted founded their life as mercenaries and seers for the Treelovers of the north, making battle with Flintish raiders or otherwise making life difficult for them. Some, had branched out into the trader's game or served farther afield. Some did make travel to Ulkai or the League of Sixteen; some into the whelsh holds or even into Err itself. Being granted land in exchange for their valour, the Farsighted were now verily a feudal society, with chiefs overseeing lesser chiefs. All were nominally loyal to the Alpha of the lineage, although the vagaries of politics oft meant that some placed greater fealty in their human lord or another amongst the great clan.

The Confederacy of the Heartminded too occupied a similar role in Anka, although its more noble families occupied a loftier place in society. Whilst the brunt of the clan occupied villages upon the border-plains of Anka, becoming renowned as a hardy people, the alpha lineage and their associates found home in the palaces and manors of the Ankan (and Shipbuilder) elite. Indeed, the Alpha Occhio D'intesa found permanent service as vizier-seer of the lugal, oft a de facto ruler due to the throne's reliance upon them. With their influence, they built grand edifices and shrines to their god, including the luxurious temple of Basderieen in the Ankan capital. A great structure of stone, it held within it a large pool of water wherein sacred eels were bred and many a plant were moved. Painted and decorated in the finest arts that their wealth could buy, the Heartminded had built a replica of the home-oasis.

The Lineage of Augljós Sjónarhorn were seemingly quite more slovenly and did not acquire the great influence and lands of their kin. And yet, they did return, making offering of desert jewels and hides and horns.

Because of the influx of knowledge, the Badger Tribe as a whole has progressed. Knowledge of writings, metals, lores and customs became known. Indeed, to call them but a tribe is no longer factual, for now there are several.

Not only knowledge of the arts and sciences were suffused, but also of gods. of Chala of Lightroot, Water Gentlemen of Long Oasis, Tree of Ancient Souls, Zarkra of Plague and Hate, the Idol-Bloody, Gur the Great-Ass, Phoof Royals, Crab of Thieves and Dorm of Craft. Other entities, such as Gemegishkirihallat of Royalty or Ensee of Axes  (as well as others), also came to be heard of.

1 CP, 1 Essence [Various Basdreenin]
Minor Myth of Mercenaries attained

Metalhand popped back into the mortal realm and immediately found itself in the workshop he had come to know, with Stoneeye roosting within, quite quick to greet the entity. Stone-Eye greeted him and mentioned that the people built a temple around the workshop; a quick look outside the ruins would show that to be true; stone walls now enclosed the workshop, with lit braziers and the scent of incense in the air. Stoneye said that they were within the inner sanctum where very few were allowed. Regardless, Stoneye began talking about what had happened in the decades prior.

Durham continued to be as it was; a centre of commerce and industry. Its peoples lives centered upon the oasis, living in walled cities or in mountain villages. Sometimes beset by raiders of whelsh or desert stock, Durham fought back with its own forces of paid mercenaries, whelsh brides/husbands and the citizen-militias of the Durhamite cities. However, its importance and influence had by now, waned somewhat compared to previous years.

Where before Durham shined brightly as a centre of civilisation, new nodes of progress at Innol, Kresh-Volka, the tent-city at Drengi Oasis and the tent-capital of the Great Horde had joined it. Crafts and produce flowed to them just as much as they did to Durham. Still, the amiant goods of Durham were very much still in vogue. Indeed, many a great edifice is constructed with the material and oft exported elsewhere for the utilities of others. A crude alloy of copper and tin, named bronze, is also produced still in the forges of Durham. However, there is little efficiency in the process and much is wasted. Even so, the metal demands a high price- oft paid now in coin-currency rather than in barter or favour.

Even though the Durham is not as influential as it once was, it yet remains prosperous. Many of the lak-clans and lesser clans have spawned cadet branches amongst foreign lands, living lives as expert artisans or traders. A large number of clans did emigrate west to the mountainous lands of the whelsh, establishing a complete Durhamite city. Calling itself New Durham, the city is a far distance from the rest of Durham and as such does not pay heed to the oasis council. It counts amongst its number a greater number of whelsh, of course. The people of the city mainly profit by supplying local tribes with quality goods, as well as mining the local deposits of rare metals and minerals. A small number of clans have also engaged in a new trade in the form of animals. Capturing the local fauna and flora, they export this back to Durham or elsewhere. Many such animals are destined for the sacrificial altar or arena at Kepsis-sha, where the Durhamites gather to watch and engage in blood games.

Relations with the Volcano tribe of whelsh have been muchly dynamic in the decades since Metalhand's last awakening. It had become abundantly clear to the followers of the lusty chthonic god that Midan would not awake. In the time since, the unity of the Volcano Tribe had fractured, leading many to worship lesser spirits or turn to other cults. Some had been swayed to the worship of the Durhamite Two, due to their relations within Durham. Others took to unorthodox beliefs, many of which worshipped the Fireborn as remnants of the god Midan. In some clans, the cult of the sleeping fire cult became popular, which worshipped a darker interpretation of Midan. It is said that the truest adherents of the new cult become stronger and feed on blood. Indeed, the cult is known for sacrificing a great many animals.

These religious divisions have ultimately lead to some whelsh clans to begin raiding Durham or its outlying villages. Though Durham has raised forces to attempt to stop this, there is so far no end to them.

Of course, the same does occur in the Durhamite colonies elsewhere, such as in the Ulqatan mountains where they are raided by the locals. The lowlands of the desert and beyond, are much safer in comparison. With the establishment of the Yellow Song Horde, banditry and attacks on the caravans have largely ended. Now, there exists a sort of non-violent banditry wherein the horde's peoples set up tolls along the roads. Whilst there existed some followers of Metalhand within the Horde, religious affiliations mattered little when it came to the tolls. Still, a few horsemen did sometimes make pilgrimage to the Grove of Metalhand or work as mercenaries for those who asked for it.

Internally, the Council is still composed of lak-clans of the artisans, although a competing Assembly made-up of Durhamite traders now exists. Whilst there has never been a declared government for all Durhamites, the Council has oft sent out orders backed by traditional authority. The Assembly in contrast, backs its authority with wealth and their whelsh armies; Durhamite polities now oft have to juggle the memorials of the Council and Assembly. At times, these do contradict. Even so, due to the relative lack of de jure hierarchy in Durham, Durham so far suffers this dual governance. While no violence has taken place, there have oft been near-violent encounters and savagely civil arguments, as well as civilly savage demonstrations. Both sides oft send envoys to foreign rulers, in order to accrue influence and relations.

In terms of faith, the Durhamites were never as spiritually connected as their neighbours and that situation continues. The cult of Tala has spread into the lands of Durham, especially amongst the trader clans- who see her as a patron of merchants. Midan's cult has waned in the time since his last awakening, although interpretations of him continue to permeate throughout whelsh society. The cult of sleeping fire has a not insignificant following amongst the whelsh of Durham and even amongst some of the humans of the realm. The Devil Crab, who's beasts assaulted the rivers of the Lawful Land, is now known to a greater extent. Guar, being common amongst horseman, is also muchly known amongst the well-travelled. As always, the death cult of Du-Ur continues to exist. Due perhaps to the great number of cults, Durhamite settlements now oft contain many shrines and temples.

1 CP gained [Durham]

Shelldon emerged from the mud of the swampy delta and took in the smell of his realm. Quickly did the spirits of the realm alert him to the changes within his lands. And great changes they were.

The Crab Tribe had once been but another clan of swamp-dwelling pygmies, but now they were so much more. In decades past, the use of the Ankan-crafted vessels was seen with some dubious trust. In recent times however, more ambitious voices have put forward the idea of taking the wealth of the savages of Anka and elsewhere in order to enrich the tribe and glorify the Great Crab. Further, why not use them to punish those who did mistreat the children of the Great Crab? While conservative voices spoke, they were outmatched by the rhetoric of the hawkish faction. Whilst Aea was dismissive of these raids, she could not stop her kin from deciding their opinion best. With no tribal rule against it, those seeking wealth and glory took to the Ankan vessels and pillaged the trade routs up and down the river.

And they were very much successful. The traders of Anka and other peoples were caught muchly unawares by the vessels of Ankan make manned by pygmies, who did then demand their goods. Those who refused were killed or enslaved. The success of these initial bouts of thievery soon resulted in the spread of the profession amongst the tribe. With not enough vessels (or the knowledge of their make), the pygmies made small boats of reed and swamp wood- enough to harass the slow vessels of Anka. Overpowering their watery guardians with the ancestral crabs, the pygm shantermen- shamans of the crab who did conduct their rituals in song- proved to become most terrifying to travellers. Descendants of Aea too proved monstrous to the eyes of rivergoers, with the crabmen of the delta becoming the subject of cautionary tales.

In time, the pirates expanded to not only attack vessels, but also riverside villages. As it was, they lacked the capability to fight fortified towns or forces evenly or upon dry land. Indeed, they preyed on the defenceless and cowardly.

In response perhaps, a many Ankan vessels came to be guarded by soldiery and mercenaries. Many a Ulkaieen knight would take service upon these, hoping to earn a hide of the mysterious crabs of the delta or otherwise a new stanza in their poems. Blue men too oft took coin as shipguards. Whilst this did ward off some attacks, the Crabs were masters of ambush and did at times take these vessels anyway.

Perhaps because of the wealth and food available, the Crab Tribe expanded. Pirates oft also establish hideouts and camps throughout the delta, which in time could grow into towns. These were mainly autonomous from the original settlement of the the tribe and indeed, conducted their own affairs with each chief being the master of their own desires and policies. Uniformly however, all did burn lightroot where they did find them.

Whilst the people did conduct their policy of piracy or conservative isolation, the vile crabs devised by Shelldon had their own task assigned to them. They were like locusts shaped as gigantic coconut crabs, and they did consume without thought or consciousness. Though they did avoid the abodes and villages of the Crab, all else were unsafe. In a very short amount of time, whole tribes of pygmies were rendered extinct, with whole swathes of the delta deforested; without root or leaf. This led to immense change in the flow of waters, greatening its speed and opening new channels. Animals that would otherwise find safety and food in the swamp were either eaten or driven away. Even areas under the influence of Shelldon were affected, for now they were the only places of greenery. Animals fled there and did feed and over feed- devouring much of the remaining plant life. By the nature of trophic links, there soon came mass death and disease from the variety of corpses that did turn up. The Crab Tribe, being unusually unskilled in the ways of medication, were unable to find cure or prevention from the plagues. Many as such, died.

However, their devastation did not end there. Fanning outward, swarms went west, north, east and south.

To the east, many ventured into the sea, devouring all they could. They were not seen again.

To the south, yet more marsh and swamp were consumed, rendered barren. They did march into the sea and desert, never to be seen again.

To the west, they encountered the peoples of Anka and other riverdwellers. Many were consumed, but many more were ready. Making a stand, the lugal Nin I did send expeditions to defend the eastern settlements, and workers to fortify their positions. Whilst difficult, the aid of the spirits did much to defend them from the worst of the crabs; the elemental magics of Ninsar and her disciples did much to protect them. Even so, many yet died and many crabs did simply go around. The crabs would pose immense problems for Anka for years, until their numbers dissapitated. Many a Ulkaieen knight came to offer their services against them, donning their shells as their own afterwards. Perhaps because of this event did Anka come to so heavily invest in bronze and earthtooth imports, creating a many arrowhead to be used against the crabs. Regardless, the Ankan economy would be somewhat devastated for years to come. In contrast, many non-Ankans simply died or fled, unable to fight off the crabs.

To the north, crabs ventured up the river Kossol, where the Lawful People did make home. Of course, there had been ample warning and because of that, both Diwata and Dirugulatl had been prepared. The horde of the Sarrat-er-err had sent an army to aid the Lawful People, armed with bronze and obsidian arrows. Diwata by contrast, gave her husks simple maces of earthteeth and obsidian. As the swarm came, arrows were fired and husks did form lines. Many many hundred died and many crabs did go around and did devour and consume. Pushed back, even Innol was endangered and saved only by the intervention of fiery-headed spirits. Calling upon the spirits of tides and mud, Moska did entrap many in the riverbanks and allowing for their slaughter by horseman bow or husk mace. Still, there was much death. In the end however, much of the swarm was destroyed and the people were immensely thankful for the Great Horde's intervention; tributes would continue to be given regularly.

In the aftermath of the initial swarming events, a spirit-bound oath was sworn by a company of Ulkaieen, Horsemen, Lawful People, Ankans and surviving River People to hunt the vile crabs and eradicate their nests. So were such born a guild of monster hunters.

Though the event was most calamitous, the majority of the Crab Tribe saw the terror and destruction caused by the Vile Crabs as even more reason to worship the Great Crab- it could be so much worse. As such, they did continue to forsake the worship of other deities, even as they heard of others.

In ways of technology, the Crab Tribe has not improved much, though it has obtained the scavenged goods of other peoples. Knowledge derived from slaves and prisoners have aided them as well, such as the scripts of both the Lawful People and of Anka. A few even have horses. Perhaps because of their reliance on food, the populations of the Crab Tribe continue to remain low- especially with the vast destruction of the swamps where they hunted and foraged for food.

1 CP attained [Crab Tribe]
-2 DP [Crab Tribe]
Minor Myth of Godhood (Thievery) attained

Midan has entered Torpor!
« Last Edit: September 22, 2019, 02:11:17 am by micelus »
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: September 20, 2019, 03:52:22 am »

Kakkabum has awakened from Torpor!

The world was muchly different; the spirits of the land did show surprise to find you amongst the living onc emore, but did make greetiing to the awakened spirit regardless. Their whispers did become lodged into the deepest recesses of Kakkabum's soul and did reform into memory.

In the centuries since Kakkabum's last awakening, the whoamen creatures he did make had spread throughout the mountain regions, although seemingly avoiding the realm of the ancients that did keep the great spirit captive in moment-age before. In time, these men-like creatures were discovered by supposedly more intelligent creatures. Whales, elephants and humans all did find them of interest and did make of them pets and flesh and toys and playthings and crafts. From Ulkai did come knight aspirants who did slay them and did wear their hides as Headhunters.

This was all the spirits had to say, as Kakkabum had not made of the world anything else, save corvids. These had long spread and assimilated into the natural populations.

Even so, Kakkabum had perhaps achieved power by ignoring the world. For after all, was the world not illusion, a thin layer of ordered spirits forced into comprehension on top of a sea of creative mirror-mass? By looking inward within the dreams of itself and of creation, Kakkabum did drink from the wells of order derived from primordial chaos and did make communion with the wardens of thought; the beat-sticks of Creation's gates that did make analysis of sacral sentiments that did belay the world unto stable foundation. From the whispers of their rattling venom did Kakkabum acquire a fragment of the celestial perfection found beneath and above.

Form absorbed: Awakened Dreamer

Awakened Dreamer: One who has turned towards inner perfection and been made to take sight of the truth beyond the physical. This spirit has attained truths beyond most save the most primordial and most principal and has thusly gained much in knowledge- perhaps at the cost of knowing what lied beyond the perfect truth.
PHYS: CP: 1 DP:1 SP: 1 PS: 1 AS: 4
SPIR: INF: 1 EGO: 15 SS: 1 W: 3
Prophecy: Once per turn, you may request info about the next turn's tidings. This is a free action.
Perfection of Clarity: You better understand spirits and may perform one spirit action for free each turn.
Beauty of Broken Glass: -1 in all combat rolls.
Bestowal of Enlightenment: Once per turn, you may grant a mortal/creature a small portion of your inner truth, turning them into a unique form of disciple with random/narrative-based stats. They have a risk of becoming insane/greatly enlightened. This counts as an action.

Due to Kakkabum's long torpor, he is able to immediately change form at no cost.

Tala manifestation upon Err once more returned to the plane of the quick. The spirits of the land did curtsy and offer their fallow-grown greetings, given from hearts and minds quite awoken. They offered their whispers of knowledge and did give the goddess her fill of memory sop.

The Lawful People had long been divided into many tribes and lawyersdoms, but it has no perhaps solidified into a status de jure.

West of the river Kossol lied the Chiefs' League, who did continue to obey the guidance of the lawspeakers (though oft called lawyers by all in the daily speech) whilst ruling their lands in accordance with the law of Tala. To the east of the river, the Lawyerdoms of Innol did hold authority who though respected the laws of Tala, did also make law from the advice of other spirits and other mortals. Of course, both still followed the same general culture and did oft have the same traditions and customs. Though it is oft said, that the easterners speak as if words were circles, whereas westerners act as if life was but a linear line.

Though a difference in opinion and rule perhaps existed, it would be a falsehood to think that they did not still consider each other kin. Indeed, to many outsiders, the difference between the two groups was not often clear. In any case, individual Lawful People tended to hold loyalty to their individual clans or tribes rather than the 'alliances' that ruled over either side of the river. In the eyes of many, both groups merely existed in the minds and courts of the tribal elites, not to the common man.

However, it was true that the western clans of the League did more often come into contact with foreign peoples. Travellers from throughout the world did come in their multitudes to attend festivals or take part in trade. Due to Dirugulatl's work, the Death Cult of Du-Ur was quite common in some villages and indeed, the mourning festival was quite popular. Though there is a sense of the exoticism and fear around the cult for whereas other festivities and rituals of the Lawful People are joyous or at least neutral in emotion, the Death Cult mourns  ever and ever for their god. Nor is their constant open and shutting of doors much appreciated by those wishing to sleep.

Due to oaths made and treaties written, Chiefs' League was an official tributary of the Great Horde, with the Lawyerdom's de facto in a similar relationship. For this reason, many a horseman had immigrated to the banks of the river Kossol on the orders of the Sarrat-er-err; to act as a garrison and safeguard their Lawful Land. In return did the people offer tributes of wealth and labour. Indeed, many a lawyer had sojourned in the horseman heartlands as part of the land's tribute. Doing this, they did spread the lawful systems first taught by Tala into the Great Horde, and also did return with new knowledge of the foreign lands. Asses and horses both became quite common in the Lawful Land because of this and similar exchanges. That said, the common people of the tribes did still feel consternation with the horsemen. Not only had their kin raided the Lawful Land before, but they still practised barbarian customs;- and indeed, venerated bloody battle and savage sacrifice. Still, there were few confrontations and those that did occur were resolved through the way of justice, not of war.

In this time of relative peace, the lawyers of both the east and west devised an addition to the magics first established by Diwata. Rather than being limited to the soulless husks created by the offal of birth, the lawyers did redirect their arts along different pathways and establish a new practice. Using similar principles, they did learn the way of manipulating the bodies of those who's soul was very much still present. Though only quite temporary, such rituals were relatively quick and was considered permissible to the lawyers of the west, for this was not a permanent condition. As such, did the lawyer magic thus develop and progress. For their innovation, lawyers became much prized by the forces of the Great Horde (as well as other powers), who did take them into service both as tribute and by voluntary commission.

In terms of culture , the people of the Lawful Land have refined their arts of gastronomy and art, developing several forms of the pictographic script- made for different functions and contexts. This art became known as the Kossol written art, for unlike paintings and tapestries or sculptures, the written art was composed of different variations of pictrograms arranged in certain verses or stanzas- or perhaps a dry description of one thing or another. It did not truly matter, for the purpose was to illustrate the artfulness of each pictogram. The teachers who were first recruited by Dirugulatl are perhaps at the forefront of spreading this art- and literacy with it.

In terms of technology, the people of the Lawful Land continue to absorb the benefits of the trade routes and do continue their growth of lightroot. Indeed, the plantations of lightroot and herbs are now well-known and are oft a major reason as to how some of the Land acquire the coin-currency of trade. Stocks of bronze and obsidian have been disseminated throughout the centres of population from Durham and even farther afield.

In terms of faith, the worship of Tala has oddly enough sprung up in great amounts both in Durham and in Anka, with the merchants and blue men respectively venerating her. Though the blue men are mainly unguided in their beliefs, they do venerate her as patron of lightroot and thus a saviour of all. Those of the merchants instead see her mainly as a patron of trade, and that is enough to praise her.

Moska, who was apparently granted the use of Anathema, has long been a courtier of the Sarrat-er-err and has been a voice of the Lawful People at the foreign court. Of course, she is oft locks mind and horns with others of the court, including those of the various orders as well as the Steward himself. Oft it is, that Moska would like further aid given to her people, whereas others would seek to enrich the Horde firstly. In any case, Moska has not been without companion in her long sojourn. Though their politics do dither, she and Anjuar do share an interest in common, that being the exploration and communication with the spirits of the lands near and far. Indeed, they share the same apartments.

Despite her position at court, Moska oft does return to the Lawful Land, speaking and encouraging on matters of trade and peace. In these forays, she also does try to cultivate dreamleaf and spy upon Diwata- although the former is thwarted by bad growing condition and the latter is blunted by Diwata's preparations. Still, she does make decent work in curing ailments and conditions of the peoples she does meet. Not only is she known for this amongst the Lawful People, but also amongst the Great Horde.

Though this has been an age of much change and peace for the people of the Lawful Land, it was disrupted in time by swarms of crustaceans from the south. Though forewarned by both spirit and traveller, the sheer number of crab that did lurch forward was awe-inspiring and frightening to all. From the distance of an eye's reach, all was covered in shell and pincer. Was it not for vast preparation by the Great Horde and the lawyers, it would not be an exaggeration to say that none would survive. Even then, thousands did die and many a land was ravished. It is said that the spirit Kanty and Ravash have died in the protection of Innol, but such are but rumours. The southern banks of Kossol have been made barren of all life and rendered useless for all but the hardiest and stubborn of peoples. The plantations of lightroot, most of all, have been tarnished and lacking and many a people have taken  refuge north.

Both in thanks and in desperation, Dirugulatl has allowed for the newly made hunter societies established at the crossroads of trade, to establish lodges in the desolate lands so as to fight back at the remaining populations of crab. Even now, he negotiates with the Ankans and Great Horde both to exterminate what else lies in the delta- for it is a common threat to all.

1 DP [Lawful People]
-1 CP [Lawful People]
1 CP [Durham]
1 CP [Various Basdreenin]

Vulpes Grande sniffed the air and did return to creation. The weakly whispering lands do make greeting and do tell the entity the happenings of the time.

Well, not much had changed truly. There were more foxes than before, but no permanent population. Still, they had continued to understand that they had been made and not simply come into being; there still yet remained the spark of veneration. His runestones, still yet, existed.

Many more foxes, Vulpes knew, wandered the deserts. Some seemingly now existed at an oasis to the east, where they were pets of some form of biped creatures.

Of the discarded accouterements, Vulpes Grande did not sight them. Perhaps taken afar or lost to the sands; he knew not.

1 CP [Canach]

Sarkyran did awake from the misty sleep that preceded each god's morning. The many winds and waters did genuflect and offer their mutterings of their surveillance.

The Kingdom of Flint had changed muchly from the time before, owing quite mainly to the Earthcairn as well as the promulgations of the One God that did reside upon the sacral hill. It was with much approval that the Flintish men and women did burn and maim and execute and defile those heathens and heretics that did yet reside amongst them. The pogroms were brief; bloody and without much mercy. Those society lodges that did not recant, were made examples of and killed in the manner of the  forty-eight pains. Those that did yet remain either kept their minds hidden and their hearts closed or already did make preparation for leaving and going.

Even those who did profess affections for the Ulkaieen faith were spared not, given either option of leaving or death. This has immensely soured relations with the people of Ulkai, who now avoid the lands of Flint- save for the uncommon trader. It is said that in Ulkai, the remnants of the cast out societies have gathered into a new tribe and equal to the Six of Ulkai; traitors all. Despite this, it is with begrudging understanding that Flintish traders still make purchase of foodstuffs and crafts from Ulkai- and so too does the opposite occur.

Those society members who did bow and recant did join the Fountain Guard and so far, have served the king most loyally. There is little to say on the matter, save that their secondary purpose as mercenaries to Ulkai has been little used due to soured relations.

To the south, continues to remain the realms of the Treelovers, who are a favoured enemy for the Flintish. Heathens and bearing in wealth, the Flintish folk have made a living from the sacking of their towns and settlements- a task most profoundly aided by their artifices of metal. In recenter times, the exotic blue men who did possess uncanny ability to know where the raiders where, have made fierce opponents of the Flintish men. Indeed, many are not quite sure what to make of them as they very much resemble the desired shape and texture of their god. It is an issue that has made many pause and indeed, at times, join arms with them. Although, that is very few and most indeed see the blue men as the worst of the worst; former servants of Sarkyran who spat on his gift and now debauch themselves in heresy.  As an aside, perhaps due to the necessity of crossing the river, Flintish boats are now sturdier and larger than before.

Economically, the people of Flint continue as they were before, although inspiration from Ankan traders has resulted in the production of a coin-currency in lieu of bartering- although both continue to exist as necessary. With the necessities of cultivation, and relations strained with Ulkai, many more tribesmen are forced to engage in agriculture or fishing to survive. It is said that some morally dubious of the Flintish folk smuggle lightroot in order to survive. Still, Flintish craft is prised and so too are the delicacies of its farms and plantations. Indeed, it is said that apples that seem to grow naturally in orderly lines in parts of Flint are considered the best in Err.

The rage of the Lady of the Tides, that which was directed at Ulkai, however has posed consequences for the people of Flint as well. The banks of the northern river have flooded immensely and many a homestead and tribe were made destitute or homeless- as well as dead. The king at the time was one such casualty. Tributes were offered to the spirit and since that time, the river has returned to normality.

The current king, Sallak I, has an agricultural bent to him and lacks the desire of battle as some others may. Instead, he focuses on improving the fields and plantations of Flint, personally visiting the tribe so as to ensure that they work amniably and with knowledge. Though his authority is not as great as those of a despot, his likeability and seeming respect for the various authorities does give him power of the softer sort.

In matters of technology, the peoples of Flint have advanced in the ways of metallurgy and agriculture, which is now heavily organised at the order of the kings and golems. Indeed, a common corvee exist to plant the crop and prune the trees so that all may enjoy the gifts of the Good God. Bowcraft too, has bettered itself and so too the art of cookery. A simple form of fertility magic now too exists, in order to aid in the proliferation of crops and desired plant life. Currently relies on a fetish of gold and a fetish of liver.

In terms of faith, many gods have become known in Flint due to the passage of travellers and traders. Of course, in the opinion of the Flintish people, they were but devils and demons of the world. Metak was an evil of desert winds and greed. Dura, his brother, an entity of death and destruction. Talan, once again, took on characteristics of gluttony and sloth, whereas the Statue was re-imagined in much less polite terms than before. The Leviathan, that supposedly inhabited the delta of the river Err, was a creature of destruction who's rage was so great that even the worshippers of the other evils were not safe from it. A few, too, also heard of Basderieen, a seducer god who did beguile the blue men into betraying Sarkyran in the distant past.

+1 DP [Flintish Folk]

« Last Edit: September 29, 2019, 12:17:00 am by micelus »
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: September 25, 2019, 10:31:41 pm »

PTW
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 17