Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 17

Author Topic: Between the Rivers: Gods Adrift [IC]  (Read 21414 times)

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
Re: Between the Rivers: Gods Adrift [IC]
« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2019, 07:03:40 am »

Spoiler: Player Entities (click to show/hide)
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2019, 07:07:26 am »

A Message from Kat-e

Code: [Select]
Blood Essence and You

Essence can be converted 1:1 to either DP or CP.

Due to the unpredictable nature of blood sacrifice, the exact amount of essence derived from bloody sacrifice can differ between turns. Usually, a high quantity of blood will offer a lot great deal of essence. However, blood spilled from highly intelligent creatures also offer a great deal of essence See what kind of blood sacrifice works for you!
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2019, 07:36:36 am »

The Shattered Statue awoke and viewed what had passed in his slumber with great discontent vibrating through his fragments.

Action 1: The Humans of this land have forsaken their oaths of service and worship. Begin turning their population into stone until they either sacrifice a tenth of their population as offerings to me and worship me with sufficient fervency, or they are all stone. [4 DP]

"Oath-breakers! I offered you the hand of peace and prosperity, yet you chose the mace, or possibly sabre or maybe flail of wrath! I shall only be contented by blood!"

Action 2: Create the Eye-Lens of Finding [1 CP]

Action 3: Track down the elephant deserters, possibly consulting human myths of which direction they fled into if they seem reliable (and any local humans yet breathe). Once more wrestle them into submission and demand blood sacrifice. If any of the original humans survived my petrification, lead them back to serve them, otherwise settle down wherever the elephants are.

Code: [Select]
Accoutrements (for accoutrements creation, PLEASE USE THIS SHEET. OTHERWISE YOU WILL BE BEATEN WITH THE HOLY BEATSTICK OF CHAOS)
Name: Eye-lens of finding
Appearance: A lens of ruby, framed with elephant ivory
Purpose: Allows the wearer to more easily find groups or individuals they are searching for
« Last Edit: February 04, 2019, 09:01:30 am by Demonic Spoon »

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2019, 08:26:35 am »

And Midan had said, Lo, these whales are too big! And Midan had used 2DP to shrink the whales to a more manageable size so they don't eat as much food, though not so much that they will not still be fierce warriors.

Then Midan had taken a long shank of metal drawn from the earth itself, and heated it cherry-red in his forge, and twisted it into a frightful shape, with the face of a whale at one end surrounded by many blades each fashioned for a different purpose in working the earth. This he had given to his beloved, that the followers of the Midan may wax bountiful.
Creating an average Accoutrement, 3CP.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And then the Midan had looked upon the humans and the elephants, seeing that they were not ready to join fully into a single tribe. And Midan had developed a long-term plan for this goal already, but, for now, he had seen fit simply to appear before them and say, I am the Speaker and the Spoken, and you shall give worship unto me; and you shall join the mountain whales and aid them, for you and they are all my peoples; and you shall freely give your daughters to the Fire-marked that the union of the peoples of Midan may draw closer. Therefore I set this duty upon you, that you shall make sacrifices to me, for there shall come a time in the future when I shall return to demand even more of you. This is the way of righteousness.
Talking to people!

And when Midan had seen that the people listened, Midan slept. But not before taking a moment to ingress on the recommendation of his Helper.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2019, 04:39:42 am by Maximum Spin »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 04, 2019, 08:50:02 am »

Fu, awakening from her slumber, sees what has occured.

"Hehe, guess they did rather well..."

Speak with Gemegishkirihallat Spirit-Speaker, the Witch of the Stones, and her disciples.

"Humans, right? I am Fu, the Sprite of Wind in these lands. I see you have done well for yourselves when the gifts I left behind."

"I am a Creator, though I admit I lack the Power to bring an Eternal Wind to these lands. As such, I can offer but 1 gift this time, as I speak with you, before once more returning to slumber."

"As the One who wields the Staff of Deduction, I ask you Gemegishkirihallat Spirit-Speeker, you who have held it since childhood, who found and is gathering others together, teaching them, what would you ask of me. If it is within my powers of creation, I shall do so. So long as you yourselves fulfill my own request."

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 04, 2019, 08:59:12 am »

[Vulpes Grande, God of Civilization]

Vulpes Grande is discomforted by the lack of new arrivals. But that is all the more reason to keep growing. Is the attraction insufficient?
Followers are required, so they can give Vulpes Grande shelter from the sun and the sand. It does chafe them so.

"Come to me, Vulpes Grande commands it. There is water here, you only need dig."
Vulpes Grande communes through The Plane Spiritual. Seeking to attract potential followers or prey.
People will dream of walking dry sands in the midst of the desert, their mouth dry, the sun scorching. They will then feel soil under their feet, look down, and see the land Vulpes Grande nourished. Lizards move around the shrubs and the  other plants. They shall dig, and the more they do, the moister the soil. Until they can drink some of the water beneath.
They will lie down, but the sun is no longer scorching. They will look up, and see a red statue, Vulpes Grande, providing them shade. And Vulpes Grande speaks to them.
"I am Vulpes Grande, and I this is what I offer. My creation in this desert."

Vulpes Grande, now having sent his message, decides to do two things.
"Creation and destruction, both overflowing, but not useful yet. Conserve."
With two actions, and using the 3 Powers of Creation and 2 Powers of Destruction in his body, in addition to the Power of Destruction inside the Sinister Digitus, creates a pair of Average Accoutrements.

The Sinister Digitus is grasped by Vulpes Grande's tail, while the Sinister Manus goes in their left hand, and the Dexter Manus goes in their right.
Having exhausted both his powers and his actions, Vulpes Grande descends into slumber once more. No powers left to store in his new Accoutrements.

Edit: Ingress failed.
"Tch, problematic. I desire more. I demand more."
Vulpes Grande, having failed their attempt to access the Plane Spiritual. Will instead look for potential followers outside the hex.
They just gaze out. They look for anything on two legs or which is a fox. Foxes are always useful. Especially Fennec Foxes.
But alas, because their powers are drained, they can only watch.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2019, 07:50:29 pm by Happy Demon »
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 04, 2019, 10:47:38 am »

It was a long while, and in this time Tala felt much greater understanding of those around her and those with her. She spoke to her Champion once more, and apologized for not having done so earlier. Communication was...different, for the Gods--she could speak with animals, just as much as she could speak with them. But for this, she needed their aid.

1st action: Talk! Teach COOKING!
Tala gathered and talked to the cows, with her champion and her people, and the Riverpeople, making a pact between them that focuses on conciliation! She also talks to her champion to reform the orders given ...(because I wrote them while being stressed after a week of nonstop work, I'm sorry for bringing my stress into a destressing game, your work is very good and I'd hate to sour it with myself)

And she teaches better use of the spears, not just in war (to correctly use them for reach and to support), but also to help cook! Spears to carry greater weights than left alone (I did mention staffs but I guess they took a step forward into weapons! ._.) which should be called staffs.

She begins by addressing the River people.

talk with champion goes like the following, and more on me expounding my goals for the world and my introspection on my lacking presence...and how important it is to understand and innovate. Oh also because there's a ton of overpopulation, sacrifice to me helps.

Talk with cows goes somewhat goes like...
Spoiler: Pact pact pact! (click to show/hide)
Summary: Leave a pact for consideration, and humility through herself to the humans. Also hopefully that they don't have to kill each other now and protect each other. Also, teach cooking (basically the whole spiel of unity? Yeah, satisfy foods, which includes using their tools they make from stone or what tools they can use from stone).

. . .
2nd action: Create Fantastical Creatures on this hex (4 CP)
Spoiler: Lightroot (click to show/hide)
Tala notifies everyone present, to the best of her and her champion's ability, about the new abundance of this new life, how to handle it, how to take care of it, how to cultivate it, and how to preserve food and other plantlife within it, and that it is she who caused such material. So long as the humans, or even further sapients give proper reverence to her, to the lands (and waters), and the pursuit of understanding and bettering life, they may take from these--and may even live for short periods in environments that would surely bring death by hunger, but if they become greedy and turn their thoughts to desire and short-sighted ideas, these shall wither and die (or overcome them, it's the same case either way). May it be a symbol of peace.

Ingress!

3rd action: TBD.
Tala noticed that there was much to be taught, and many people that needed knowledge before she presumed her end--she did not remember herself before a few decades ago, but she knew it was from something.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2019, 02:04:55 pm by Tiruin »

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 04, 2019, 05:13:49 pm »

I wander about the deserts near my oasis, gatheringbeating humansinto submission once I've gathered a good group, I begin to change them, I call upon my powers of creation and destruction to change them- and change they do as they feel their bodys break apart at the lowest level and reassemble itself in a new way- when its finished they know they are not human anymore- even more so when I refer to them as "The Basdreenin".
Next I Enforce a tradition upon them where they "symbolically" offer the blood of the things they hunt to me.
Finally I bequeath some of my knowledge of Weapons to them, this includes the crafting of simple weapons- but lingers far more upon the usage of these things.

Afterwords I stumble off to the middle of my Oasis, wrestling a few of the local crocodiles when they get in my way before settling down to sleep upon the bottom of it.
Code: (Life, Basdreenin(converted race)) [Select]
Name: Basdreenin
Appearance: Humanoid, with four arms and blue skin.  Their teeth are sharp and pointed.  their bodies are hairless.  They have a blind third eye in the center of their forehead.
Traits: +Multi_armed +Muscle_density -Hairless -Strict_Carnivorous
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 04, 2019, 07:23:52 pm »

1. Infuse a Subsoul into a local bird - an eagle specifically - named Stoneye. It will be a scout for me.
2. Then, Metalhand made the Tools of the Apprentice, to be granted to a mortal in the nearby area.
3. Metalhand then, once again, awaits the arrival of humans, such that he may speak with them.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2019, 08:37:48 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 04, 2019, 07:38:54 pm »

Action 1:talk to the pygmies your offerings have pleased me, i have decide to give one of you my blessing and turn you into a great guardian of your people, so choose who is most worthy among you all...
action 2: i turn the chosen pygmy into an champion using 3 CP
Spoiler: mr.snappy (click to show/hide)
action 3: i create an Accoutrement using 3 dp and wear it
Spoiler: the Claw (click to show/hide)
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.
I came for the games and stayed for the lack of sanity.
Grammar is my only weakness

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 04, 2019, 07:52:50 pm »

Du-Ur was greatly pleased by the sight of man-made doors. While the works were primitive and lacking in finesse, it was a sign of his rightful recognition by mortals.

"LET US GO POSTHASTE! THERE IS MUCH TO BE DONE. BUT FIRST, YOU VILE MOUNTAIN WHO DARED RESIST DU-UR... BECOME A TESTAMENT OF WHAT HAPPENS TO THOSE WHO OPPOSE DU-UR!!!"

"ACTUALLY SCRATCH THAT! THE BOLD MOUNTAIN TAUGHT DU-UR AN IMPORTANT LESSON: HE NEEDS MORE POWER TO SMASH THOSE WHO DARE DEFY HIM AND DOORS. REJOICE MOUNTAIN! YOUR EXISTENCE WILL BE SPARED... NEVER CROSS MY PATH AGAIN, KNAVE!"

1. Powerful Accoutrement (2CP/4DP): UNHINGED, the Frameless Door of Du-Ur.

Name: UNHINGEDNo Hinge, Frameless Door of Du-Ur
Appearance: A gigantic, monololithic marble door without frame nor hinges. No longer able to be opened or closed, its sole purpose is to smash puny enemies of Du-Ur, be they spiritual, physical, animate or inanimate. Its size changes depending on the hamminess of its user.
Purpose:
-Smash things into Du-Ur's vision! Things smashed with UNHINGED will be unmade and altered in a way that pleases Du-Ur, or its non-Du-Ur user if No Hinge somehow changes user.

2. Movement: The great Du-Ur, a bit spent, traveled across the rocky desert to the faraway mountain of the west.
"I MUST FIND SAPIENT MORTALS! THEY MUST KNOW OF DU-UR, AS THESE DOORS WON'T MAKE THEMSELVES!"

3. (Free) Ingress: Du-Ur, standing at the top of a lonely mountain once more, felt close to the spiritual plane.
"TIME FOR DU-UR TO CROSS THE DOOR SEPARATING PLANES!"

He slammed close violently, attempting to Ingress.

3. Scry for Doors: Du-Ur, if he had succeeded Ingressing, attempted to scry the Spiritual Plane for doors. Where there were doors, there was either the Doormaker and/or his people, or a people who dared making doors without knowing of Du-Ur.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2019, 09:33:20 pm by Nakéen »

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 05, 2019, 02:39:10 am »

Fu, awakening from her slumber, sees what has occured.

"Hehe, guess they did rather well..."

Speak with Gemegishkirihallat Spirit-Speaker, the Witch of the Stones, and her disciples.

"Humans, right? I am Fu, the Sprite of Wind in these lands. I see you have done well for yourselves when the gifts I left behind."

"I am a Creator, though I admit I lack the Power to bring an Eternal Wind to these lands. As such, I can offer but 1 gift this time, as I speak with you, before once more returning to slumber."

"As the One who wields the Staff of Deduction, I ask you Gemegishkirihallat Spirit-Speeker, you who have held it since childhood, who found and is gathering others together, teaching them, what would you ask of me. If it is within my powers of creation, I shall do so. So long as you yourselves fulfill my own request."

Gemegishkirihallat is not surprised by your appearance and says but five words. "Spirit, eternal life and youth."

It was a long while, and in this time Tala felt much greater understanding of those around her and those with her. She spoke to her Champion once more, and apologized for not having done so earlier. Communication was...different, for the Gods--she could speak with animals, just as much as she could speak with them. But for this, she needed their aid.

1st action: Talk! Teach COOKING!
Tala gathered and talked to the cows, with her champion and her people, and the Riverpeople, making a pact between them that focuses on conciliation! She also talks to her champion to reform the orders given ...(because I wrote them while being stressed after a week of nonstop work, I'm sorry for bringing my stress into a destressing game, your work is very good and I'd hate to sour it with myself)

She begins by addressing the River people.

talk with champion goes like the following, and more on me expounding my goals for the world and my introspection on my lacking presence...and how important it is to understand and innovate. Oh also because there's a ton of overpopulation, sacrifice to me helps.

Talk with cows goes somewhat goes like...
Spoiler: Pact pact pact! (click to show/hide)
Summary: Leave a pact for consideration, and humility through herself to the humans. Also hopefully that they don't have to kill each other now and protect each other. Also, teach cooking (basically the whole spiel of unity? Yeah, satisfy foods, which includes using their tools they make from stone or what tools they can use from stone).

The creatures of the hex are frightened by the demand of the spirit to gather; several (including humans) flee the hex. Others do meet, however. Firstly, she speaks to Diwata. She presumably tells her a modified form of her orders. Diwata simply nods to all this. Perhaps she realised that her deity, which she had been attempting to follow for the last 50 years, was not omniscient and was capable of changing her mind.

That done, she then speaks to the marshcows and other predators.

The mere mention that humans are to be given special treatment just cause they are 'sap-ie-nt' visibly causes some anger in many of the predators. However, as the goddess continues, the idea of an eternal feast with all day spent lying around attracts significant attention. Indeed, if she *could* fulfil this sort of feat, many would probably do nought but eat, rut and sleep.

When it comes to feuds, the problems are a great deal more complicated. This clan hates this clan, that brother hates that brother. This wife killed that wife, and so on. Notably however, the goddess doesn't quite say how she'd solve these feuds.
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 05, 2019, 08:22:18 am »

Sarkyran woke, and found his efforts fruitful. Whilst the humans still fought one another, they did so over the usual reasons rather than his gifts. Thus did he pat Coraglai for being a good, faithful friend. Even more, the humans had started settling down and building, likely starting the foundation of a new era of civilisation.

But, they needed that little bit more help. Something to really get them to settle down and thrive. A riddle which plagued Sarkyran for some time until he snapped to attention, having figured out the answer. The humans needed a teacher, yet he himself slept too often. The solution? To make a teacher that did not need to sleep such such long times and to task them with doing the teaching.

Action 1: Before creating his teacher, Sarkyran ensures that his followers will have metal once the time is right. Placing the deposits in the clay so that they might find it when they start to work with the clay. This would undoubtedly improve the lives of the humans in the region once they had the means to work with metal. (2 CP)

Action 2: After depositing the copper, Sarkyran creates Ortile, a stone golem who would be his teacher and voice while he slept. Whilst but a servant, Sarkyran beamned in pride over his creation in fatherly pride. (2 CP)

Action 3: Sarkyran once again takes to a tour of the tribes and clans of the region, thank them for upholding the flint truce to ensure some measure of peace in the region. Now, he announces that he shall take members of every tribe under his wing to learn from him and his servants the secrets of the world and to strengthen the peace between tribes, and for these students to eventually return to their tribes to share what they know.

Yet it was not only the humans that needed to learn more about their world. Realising the Spirit World is just as important, took an ingress into it, to study and learn from it. What awaited beyond that the wall between spirit and physical, he could not say.

Spoiler: Sarkyran's Servant (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 06, 2019, 12:54:56 am by Taricus »
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 05, 2019, 01:39:51 pm »

3rd action: TBD.
Tala noticed that there was much to be taught, and many people that needed knowledge before she presumed her end--she did not remember herself before a few decades ago, but she knew it was from something.
Post-Ingress
Tala noticed her champion return to her habits...and decided to join her, now being more familiar with the physical plane herself! She had forgotten she could move within her {hex},  and how she could interact with those about.

Her champion was a hermit! The tribes were squabbling. There were petty feuds, still as short-sighted or at least lasting since she had warned them! This was the wedge in her plans she presumed was present.

Talk; request rather than gather all those who wished to learn and live better to go to her hex. Teach the Law!, through her Champion, and to all who may listen--requesting, speaking, and gathering those from the tribes around--even the animals who were content enough with the humans, and began to teach them of foresight, of understanding, of leadership and trust and greater bonds which held communities; of speaking, of pacts, of exchange, and trade, and fairness, and the mixture of cultures, of whom all seemed separate but made up wholes. These were the first lawspeakers, who were to be one of her disciples and listeners of her champions, dedicated to understandiing the customs and cultures and bringing people (animals, humans, spirits, etc) together. It would be a powerful oral tradition, which would bloom into other mediums of communication later on, that would be passed down from generation to generation, with the understanding of the context in mind, that there be no misunderstandings for generations erased and ahead of the present.

She wanted peace between the tribes, and expected more acceptance of her Champion, for they were to be reminded of the powers they all held together rather than being fractured and staying in an unended cycle of hindsighted want. They were to grow to trade and voyage beyond, even on the sands that barked death at the very life they stood on! That their languages, and their words, which were common throughout all peoples, were the power by which understanding flowed, guidance journeyed, and the spirits communicated. It was a power all within them (that feeling in the head!), and she expected to return to them all with bounties beyond. In the end, she thanked them for doing their best to survive, but they had skills that would take care of that than conflict--they knew how to make fire, they knew how to cook, they knew how to take care of the lands. She promised to teach more later on; that the people (animals or humans) she took from each tribe would return with more knowledge than they had, and would each follow a calling of understanding of order and communication. She mentioned once more about how important it was that the keep not sighted on squabbles and fights, but band together at [her hex], to await her return, and to sacrifice to her.

In the end, she gave them praise, and thanks, also for treating her Champion well, and for keeping their own spirit-speakers, recommending they continue such. She requested that no harm befall her, from any people present (animal, human, or otherwise), and they treat her with respect and a mind to listen, lest all that they had may not come for their fruition.

She also spends time in this talk to actually enscribe the goals for her Champion...to take to the spirit of the word rather than her literal orders she had said during her uplifting.

She ends this turn by asking her Champion to make a temple or structure (that will be added onto or remade) for teaching both the law, and as an area for sacrifice (and/or feasts!)
« Last Edit: February 08, 2019, 12:12:29 am by Tiruin »

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 05, 2019, 04:19:35 pm »

3. Metalhand then, once again, awaits the arrival of humans, such that he may speak with them.

Humans do eventually arrive, these ones seemingly slightly better dressed; they wear hide and do not walked naked. They seem to be taking lumber from the non-grove.
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 17