Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 17

Author Topic: Between the Rivers: Gods Adrift [IC]  (Read 21370 times)

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Between the Rivers: Gods Adrift [IC]
« Reply #45 on: February 05, 2019, 05:22:40 pm »

Guar would look around and see all the humans Juaar brought him. He was quite pleased. He turned to the gathered mortals and spoke."Welcome my disciples. I am the god Guar, keeper of life and master of caverns. I welcome you to my domain. Juaar, you have done a wonderful job! I applaud your work and cannot wait to see what prosperity you bring in the future." Guar then turns to the mortals. "I have appeared before you to usher in an age of life and prosperity. The blood spilled in my name has seeped deep into the caverns, and I have been pleased by this. In reward, a gift is in order, I do believe. Behold my gift unto you!

Guar would use his 3CP and 3 blood essence to create Guar's Pillar of Life, a Natural Wonder.

This divine pillar represents my power. It will bring long life and fertility to our lands, and usher in an age of life and prosperity! My blessings upon on who follow my light, and worship me. Pray to me and receive long life, sacrifice animals and those who will not worship me, and the blessings will grow greater when I return once more in fifty years.

Till the earth here, and your crops shall be plentiful. Hunt the beasts, and your bellies shall be full. Tame the horses, and you shall ride like the wind. Sacrifice blood in my name, and you shall live long and prosperously. This is my gift unto you.

Spoiler: Pillar of Life (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Visual (click to show/hide)

Guar will then use 2DP to remove the fighting spirit and fear of humans from the horses in this hex, making them docile and easy to tame and ride.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 06, 2019, 02:35:27 pm »

3. Metalhand then, once again, awaits the arrival of humans, such that he may speak with them.

Humans do eventually arrive, these ones seemingly slightly better dressed; they wear hide and do not walked naked. They seem to be taking lumber from the non-grove.
As they do, the sounds of Metalhand finishing the Tools of the Apprentice ring from Maker’s Place, then slows as the last piece is completed.
Metalhand looks out of workspace. Wonderful, you’re here! And you seem to be doing better than the last time I saw you.

*ahem*

Ah, so we’re clear, I don’t mean you in particular, just thinking back on the last time I saw anybody around. You’ve got clothing this time, and I’m glad to see you’re using the lumber, though I’m not sure if it’s suitable for use after all this time. Probably at least slightly rotten. It would likely be better for you to cut down some of the trees and use their wood instead.

Anyway, you’re all in luck. I just finished a new set of tools, and these ones are for you guys instead of me! The last time I got to talk to people, I just showed them what I was doing; this time, I want to see what you all can actually make!

Metalhand will teach better craftsmanship to this group, as well as how to use an axe to gather wood from the trees rather than relying on his lumber. He will also ask them about the local area, and about what has happened in the last decade. Finally, he will explain how the Tools of the Apprentice work, including how they pull a small amount of blood to be used in the crafted item (he’ll state that it consecrates the item in his name, and that the same can be done with a few drops of the craftsman’s blood at each step of the crafting process even without the Tools).
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 06, 2019, 06:37:40 pm »

Fu, spends a moment to process everything..

"I suppose I would have expected that... Very Well."

"For this, I require something to complete it to my satisfaction."

I also state these 6 orders to you.

The People: Oversee the growth of your people, in mind, body, and spirit, however they wish to do so. Teach them.

Prayer: A shrine of wood and mandala, oversee the Miko and Priests in my worship, and see that a stable following is created, and prayers given.

Festivals: Times for the Living to have fun and joy, and times for the Honor of the Dead. Festivals to give thanks to the crops, and the gods.

Exploration: Both of Science and Land. See to it that you foster an innovative people.

Donations: See to it that the donations of the people are put to good use for the shrine and the people themselves. You can take some for yourselves as well, so long as those two come first. I do not wish to see any grow fat on the suffering of the people.

Freedom: The last of my Laws. One day, you may pass down the duty to another. If such a time comes, make sure that all is prosperous, and conduct yourself well. The Freedom of Yourself, as well as the People of your Land.

"Now.. While it's not to my taste, I currently require a sacrifice. Capture some enemies and bring them before me in sacrifice. I do not care which, so long as they are not children, but adults. Do so, and you shall become my Champion, my First Miko. And with it, you shall also have your Eternal Life and Youth."

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 06, 2019, 06:44:48 pm »

3. Metalhand then, once again, awaits the arrival of humans, such that he may speak with them.

Humans do eventually arrive, these ones seemingly slightly better dressed; they wear hide and do not walked naked. They seem to be taking lumber from the non-grove.
As they do, the sounds of Metalhand finishing the Tools of the Apprentice ring from Maker’s Place, then slows as the last piece is completed.
Metalhand looks out of workspace. Wonderful, you’re here! And you seem to be doing better than the last time I saw you.

*ahem*

Ah, so we’re clear, I don’t mean you in particular, just thinking back on the last time I saw anybody around. You’ve got clothing this time, and I’m glad to see you’re using the lumber, though I’m not sure if it’s suitable for use after all this time. Probably at least slightly rotten. It would likely be better for you to cut down some of the trees and use their wood instead.

Anyway, you’re all in luck. I just finished a new set of tools, and these ones are for you guys instead of me! The last time I got to talk to people, I just showed them what I was doing; this time, I want to see what you all can actually make!

Metalhand will teach better craftsmanship to this group, as well as how to use an axe to gather wood from the trees rather than relying on his lumber. He will also ask them about the local area, and about what has happened in the last decade. Finally, he will explain how the Tools of the Apprentice work, including how they pull a small amount of blood to be used in the crafted item (he’ll state that it consecrates the item in his name, and that the same can be done with a few drops of the craftsman’s blood at each step of the crafting process even without the Tools).

In the last decade, Amurum died.Adpap died.  Aral died.Nabon died.Kingel died. Martul died. Napazir died. Several kids were born; several kids and elders died to plague or predation. Three years ago, there was a very bountiful season figs. Seven years ago, there was very little food. Two months ago Sige made a masterful joke. Sin found a fresh dead elephant a few weeks  ago.

The local area is the only green in the whole of the nearby desert; the people cannot live here forever as the green is not constant and much of it is only available every few moons.

Fu, spends a moment to process everything..

"I suppose I would have expected that... Very Well."

"For this, I require something to complete it to my satisfaction."

I also state these 6 orders to you.

The People: Oversee the growth of your people, in mind, body, and spirit, however they wish to do so. Teach them.

Prayer: A shrine of wood and mandala, oversee the Miko and Priests in my worship, and see that a stable following is created, and prayers given.

Festivals: Times for the Living to have fun and joy, and times for the Honor of the Dead. Festivals to give thanks to the crops, and the gods.

Exploration: Both of Science and Land. See to it that you foster an innovative people.

Donations: See to it that the donations of the people are put to good use for the shrine and the people themselves. You can take some for yourselves as well, so long as those two come first. I do not wish to see any grow fat on the suffering of the people.

Freedom: The last of my Laws. One day, you may pass down the duty to another. If such a time comes, make sure that all is prosperous, and conduct yourself well. The Freedom of Yourself, as well as the People of your Land.

"Now.. While it's not to my taste, I currently require a sacrifice. Capture some enemies and bring them before me in sacrifice. I do not care which, so long as they are not children, but adults. Do so, and you shall become my Champion, my First Miko. And with it, you shall also have your Eternal Life and Youth."

[:snake:]

The Wind Witch easily does as you ask, bringing back a few youths within a day; they are not restrained and come to the Stones following the wtich. They seem dead in the eyes.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 06, 2019, 07:15:43 pm »

"Kinda figured. Well, I suppose it's time then."

"Per this power, per this sacrifice, I make thee my Champion, Spirit-speaker. From the Witch of the Stones, become the first Miko of the Winds, Gemegishkirihallat."

Code: [Select]
Subsoul: Raise Champion from Mortal
Name: Gemegishkirihallat, Miko of the Winds.
Appearance: A single pink swirl on their face. Previous appearance in the prime of their life.
Personality:???(Mortal's Previous Personality)
PHYS: PS:+3  AS:+0
SPIR: EGO:+0  SS:+0  W:+3
Myths:
Initiative: High Initiative
Orders:

Traits:
Mortal Self's Previous Positive Traits, and none of the negative traits(if any).
Eternal Life and Youth: given to her as part of this contract. Her body is in the prime of it's life, and she can give birth to new children if she wishes. And only if she wishes to do so.
High Regeneration: Immune to Diseases and Withering Curses. Damage dealt to the body will repair itself. The Soul can return if the body is properly intact, and the soul can remain with the body as well.
Miko of the Winds: Fu's Miko, the Miko of the Winds has a high control over wind, and a natural ability with Wind magics. Being Fu's Miko, also means a bonus toward spiritual matters, like prayer and conversion of mortals to her religion. This Trait is lost if the being in question converts to another god, though through effort, others can learn it if they pray to Fu..

The ritual completed, she leaves with a few last words to her.

"This world is changed.. Whereas the Whistling Stones were powered before, they must now be powered by your own prayers. Though I can do something new too. The Winds shall forever blow in this land."

Create Monument for 4 DP, The Stone of Eternal Winds.
No matter the situation, the winds always blow in this hex. It's quite breezy around here. The air will never be calm.
Granted, it never gets to the point where a house would be blown down, but still... For obvious reasons, this affects the tiles surrounding this Hex by proxy, since the winds go into the other tiles' area, and shape the movement of the air itself. That can certainly be considered destruction, the destruction of the ability for the air to be still.

A large stone atop the hill, above the Whistling Stones of Wind. It has green leaf painted on it representing the wind, with an image of Fu in prominence.

Actions Complete. Time to sleep... hu-aaa..
« Last Edit: February 12, 2019, 08:49:11 am by TricMagic »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 06, 2019, 07:43:33 pm »

A promise to the mortals: as soon as is possible, I will turn the oasis into a font of life, and the land from mountain to mountain will grow verdant and lush.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #51 on: February 06, 2019, 08:53:21 pm »

Kakkabum attempts to destroy the strange blue covering his view of the sky (2DP)

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 07, 2019, 06:02:45 pm »

Kakkabum attempts to destroy the strange blue covering his view of the sky (2DP)

[since this is relatively instant, I'll resolve this one now.]

Kakkabum attempts to do so; the blueness remain and it does not feel destroyed.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #53 on: February 07, 2019, 09:38:56 pm »

"What is this awful blanket of false night that presumes to hide the stars and skies from my sight? I must remove it at once!"

Action 2: Kakkabum will attempt to create the Mooncrown, an average accoutrement easing tasks in the Spiritual Plane, despite being covered in a strange blue covering.
Spoiler: Mooncrown (click to show/hide)
Action 3: Kakkabum will attempt to enter a trance regardless of whether the Mooncrown is successfully created

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 09, 2019, 07:20:56 am »

The Shattered Statue makes her (his?) ultimatum and in time, the people are broken, their friends and family turned into magnificently wrought statuary. Having extracted suitable tribute, the Statue turned his (her?) attention to the rogue elephants. Forging the Eye-Lens of Finding, the Statue finds trails of leading far, far away. Confirm search?
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 09, 2019, 07:48:07 am »

The Shattered Statue makes her (his?) ultimatum and in time, the people are broken, their friends and family turned into magnificently wrought statuary. Having extracted suitable tribute, the Statue turned his (her?) attention to the rogue elephants. Forging the Eye-Lens of Finding, the Statue finds trails of leading far, far away. Confirm search?
Confirm search!

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 09, 2019, 08:05:14 am »

"What is this awful blanket of false night that presumes to hide the stars and skies from my sight? I must remove it at once!"

Action 2: Kakkabum will attempt to create the Mooncrown, an average accoutrement easing tasks in the Spiritual Plane, despite being covered in a strange blue covering.
Spoiler: Mooncrown (click to show/hide)
Action 3: Kakkabum will attempt to enter a trance regardless of whether the Mooncrown is successfully created

The blue tarp dematerialises.
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 11, 2019, 06:59:34 pm »

redacted!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 13, 2019, 05:08:50 pm »

Tranquility. Silence. Deception.

TURN 2: Age of Death, Weathered Stone, Year of No King.

The gods acted.

The Shattered Statue did punish the worthless primates, turning much of their number to stone. Only when many of their kin did become statuary did they bow and give of themselves tribute. Henceforth, the land there would be filled with the statues of those who had displeased the Statue and around fires throughout Err, the Myth of the Wrathful Statue would be told again and again.
Having accomplished this, the Statue did forge for himself (herself?) the Eye-Lens of Finding. Using it, she (he) did go forth and journeyed northwest in search of the rogue elephant herd. It is during this journey that the Statue did feel quite drowsy, and unable to help itself, eventually fell into a deep slumber.

Fu saw the ingenuity of the Gemegishkirihallat Spirit-Seeker, and with the sacrifice of a few nubile youths, Gemegishkirihallat's youth and vitality was restored and made eternal forevermore. She was turned into the First Miko, a title composed by Fu. To perhaps commemorate this new existence, Fu creates the Stone of Eternal Winds, making her previous curse permanent. Fu slumbered soon after.

Basderieen, having found his work well and good, decided to embark on a short expedition in order to capture local wildlife. Through kick, punch, bite and scream, the badger-deity did collect a decent number of human; 41 in all. He took these and punched the humanity out of them, kicking and shoving them into new forms that resembled his august self. Henceforth, these 41 would be called Basdreenin, in honour of their overlord-creator. In their new forms, they felt fear, revulsion, shame and submission. Amongst them, and perhaps amongst those humans left who watched these events, this would come to be known as the Myth of the Badger Tribe.

He then forced upon them the tithe of blood, given as a portion of each hunt. To aid them, he granted them the knowledge of weaponry, such as the spear and sling. With that done, he slept.

Metalhand in his time awake, created a champion known as Stoneye, a bird who would scout for him. He then forged the Tools of the Apprentice and presumably granted them to the first group of humans who wandered into his grove during his waking time. To this group too, did Metalhand teach the art of the axe and craft. To this, he did add the consecration of blood. With his lessons taught, Metalhand slept.

Shelldon was delighted to see his pygmies stay loyal to his crabby self, and decides to bless the most 'worthy' amongst the tribe, chosen by popular agreement. Whether this was worth as a valued member of the tribe or worth as a sacrifice to the crab god, Shelldon never specified. Regardless, The most worth pygmy, a woman named Aea, was given the mark of the Right Claw...as well as an actual Right Claw. With that done, Shelldon fell into a deep slumber.

Du-Ur, perhaps incensed by his lack of followers, created the accoutrement "Unhinged". That completed, Du-U PRESUMABLY took with him this effigy of itself and did go and search for his champion, the human he had duurdened asteriskasteriskasterisk. Taking a Journey to the West, Du-Ur did go and cross the stone deserts, with its crags and dunes. A desolate land, Du-Ur did pass small groups of flora and fauna here and there, even a few humans. These trifling things did not matter in the least however. Eventually, the great being arrived at the western mountain and climbed it's peak. Upon that lone peak, it did ingress and upon returning to his body, felt nothing had changed. However, it did feel...a great power to the west, a being of power far greater than his own. He also felt a weakness in physical reality. Whatever it was, it was far too distant to reach this decade. With that thought, he slept.

Midandid see his creations prosper, and while pleased, was all-knowing in one particular facet of existence: landwhales are too great in size. And so, Midan did change their flesh and form, shrinking them down so that they would need less to consume and thus grow greater in number. This deed performed, he then did create the Pillager of the Earth and did give it to his beloved. After a time in the world of spirits and speaking to lesser tribes, Midan did return to his volcanic summit and did return to sleep.

Kakkabum, in his greatness, did try to break the azure-sky cloth under which, his form had been hidden. He failed. In thought, he created the Mooncrown, an accoutrement of power that would aid in ingressing into the spiritual plane. After returning from his visit, Kakkabum discovered the cloth to be gone.

After the events of her attempted pact-forging and visit to the plane spiritual, Tala did speak and make the first lawspeakers. In truth, the animals amongst her 'students' were completely unable to grasp her teachings, and many wandered off before the first day had passed. Those that remained were mainly humans, although a handful of elephants and whales did listen to this odd entity's words. Some took the lessons of the entity as holy word, others as merely advice. Presumably, it was the former group which Tala made her justicars, her disciples. They would return to their tribes and speak the godword, passing on the lesson of Unity, Negotiation, Peace...or at least what passed for that in this day and age. For this lesson, Tala's Myth of the Teacher solidifed, turning into near-fact.

After these lectures, the goddess did sleep.

Vulpes Grande, for some reason calling itself a god of civilisation, attempted to ingress. Failing, it did then create a pair of accoutrements. Sinister Manus and Dexter Manus. He then looked beyond the hex, searching for humans and foxes. He did find desert foxes, light tan from above and lighter yet from below. Their tails were black. In another world, they would perhaps be called Blanford's foxes.

As for humans, Vulpes found 4 humans, and not more than that. Three as a family heading north, one a loner that seemed to feed on the desert plants and animals.

Sarkyran did think and decide, in his majesty, to materialise deposits of copper within the clay within the riverbanks. He then did create Ortile, a golem who would labour to teach all tribes of the land for life eternal. Finally, with Ortile with him, he did teach a select number of each tribe and did teach them of the world-secrets and of peace between the tribes. 

He then slept.

Guar , pleased with the offering of blood, did give back to the community and create the Pillar of Life, a natural wonder. By it's grace did the land become fertile, both the flora and fauna, and did become longer-lived. Guar then deprived the local horses of their stubbornness and pride, making them docile creatures. He then entered the great sleep.

And so, the gods slept.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2019, 03:31:33 am by micelus »
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 13, 2019, 05:09:41 pm »

Bells chiming

The gods awoke.

The Shattered Statue saw little had happened during their slumber. He was still where he had been an age ago. However, he did feel his awareness greater than before, as if he could see and feel the land in which his human followers (who this time, remained loyal) had. He saw them as before...nomadic creatures that wandered in and out of his realm, but always returning with the season. He saw them put up their huts and tents, hunting or gathering, and sometimes even offering tribute to himself (herself?)- with a great deal of fear. A few, mainly the elderly, would sometimes visit the stone gardens that she (he?) had made some time ago, seemingly in mourning. Overall however, it seemed like his followers had so far continued to develop and grow, although certainly not with the help of their...master. From recalling the memories of the land, the Statue knew that visitors had come and gone, raiding and trading as humans were prone to do. Some came in the name of the lugal ", She who Ruled in the name of the Winds" and others came with the words of "Peace and Unity". There had even been a whale from the distant mountains who had attacked the tribe some time ago, taking captives for some unknown purpose.

Some of the tribe had taken to settling upon the riverbanks and will form their own tribe in time. A few daring fools have even experimented with rafts that the river people use to collect goods from the marshes. Some have even traded or otherwise acquired canoes from the tribes across the riverbank, who supposedly came up with them not long ago.

1 Worship [1DP] (River People) added.

Fu awoke to great splendour, near immediately greeted by a youth who's face was painted green. He bowed and grovelled to Fu, telling you that the lugal Gemegishkirihallat had forseen your awakening. Indeed, your exact place of awakening. Fu looked around and found that she was inside. It seemed that her miko's people had learnt how to build grand edifices. Braziers of carefully cut and polished stone surrounded Fu; four in total around a dais, upon which rested a stone slab, upon which you had awoken. Four green stones were inlaid on the corners of the altar.

The boy tells Fu that your people await outside, to greet Fu in jubilation. He tells Fu that the lugal had him birthed solely to recite to Fu what has happened in the time since Fu's last awakening. And so he does, in an interesting form of speech, making pleasant sounds and tones. Perhaps some would call it poetry. In summary, Gemegishkirihallat had used her immortality and god-given power to found a whole civilisation.

According to the boy's poetry, Gemegishkirihallat has done many deeds:
>consolidated her rule over the nearby tribes and clans. Either exterminating them or forcing them to obey. Many now recognise her as the lugal. While many were left to continue their lives and give tribute, others were forced to gather in what the lugal called 'villages'. Supposedly, so that they would be easier to rule. Some of these villages gather food, others gather stone. Some are upon the riverbanks, others in the plains.
>has built a great palace around the Whispering Stones. She now holds 'court' there, spending most of her time absorbing the Stones' wisdom. She guards them jealously, only allowing the chosen few to come near them. Only a handful of her children are even allowed in the room. Around this palace are a collection of houses built of wood, clay, mud and reed. Around 100 families now live here. Either ordered to live there or otherwise attracted.
>Perhaps due to her superhuman intellect, Gemegishkirihallat has figured out the secrets of Many Things. She has personally discovered how to harden clay in a kiln, create bows, discovered green paint, how to make music from goat intestines, how to create basic plant textiles, make bread out of grain, encourage the growth of certain plants and even making the nearby bovines placid and docile. The magical mobile plant of the east, Lightroot, is a favourite of the lugal and now grows freely on the 'fields' of both the river and plain villages. Many of her villagers now perform the same methods once devised by Gemegishkirihallat. Some have even taken to call her "The Teacher of Secrets."
>Due to the spread of Lightroot, food is not actually a concern for many people. Food is more of a luxury good, used for pleasure and entertainment.
>Founded a proper priesthood. Disciples and servitors of the lugal, mikos, ensure that her rule is respected and maintained. They also act as village priests, each being in charge of the worship of Fu, as well as the veneration of spirits. They each are rulers of a village or otherwise travel the lands in order to ensure her demands are met. Some who are particularly blessed are able to cast simpler forms of the First Miko's wind magicks. Those who do are sometimes called gale lords, as they fly between places. Often wearing aerodynamic clothes with a great plumage of feathers, these are the eyes and ears of the lugal, and many are often sent to scout around the rest of Err- even beyond the river...and the cursed island upstream.
>Those who are found weak or the poor are supported by the rest. This even applies between villages, with those who cannot support themselves being donated food and other goods from the other villages.
>Has promulgated the worship of Fu as the Benovelent Mother of Magic and Order. A spirit of august respect, the lugal has ordained that she is to be venerated through regular sacrifice and festivals.
>Made compact with several spirits. Indeed, many now freely swirl in and around the Whispering Stones, quietly advising Gemegishkirihallat in her rule. Some have been enslaved by the lugal, others work with the lugal of their own accord.
>The lugal has come into conflict with the blood cultists of the north, lead by the serpent-devourer Juaar. These men of the north rode horses, being far too quick for even the mikos to pursue. The lugal had been...unable to break the serpent's will and has not of yet been able to subdue it or its followers.

Juuar, it seemed, was a creation of an entity called Guar, a spirit of sorts that ruled over the northern plains. Indeed, Fu could feel some sort of being awaken to the north, much like herself.

2 Worship [2 Essence] (River Palace Culture) added. (2 autoconsumed for Monument maintenance)
Myth of Godhood (Magic, Order, Winds) attained.

Basderieen awoke to see his Basdreenin alive and well...and had continued to worship him as their protector-by-force. In the generations since their change, the Basdreenin had continued their lives as they had before as hunter-gatherers. Oft-times, they camped by the oasis, which they had come to call the 'Badger-Faced Spirit's Home'. Indeed, they have begun to associate Basdreenin with water, along with badgers. Youth and old alike oft hear the myth of the badger tribe, hearing of Basderieen's violent changes.

Looking over the memory of the land, Basderieen saw little beyond the passing of usual life. The oasis' water, though not inducing a change in climate, did attract the attention of many animals and even some plants; palms, figs, apricots and other desert plants now grow along the oasis' banks. Water lilies and other aquatic plants (or plant-like organisms) now grow over much of the water surface. The local eels are much beloved by the local Basdreenin and are oft devoured each day.  Wandering packs of lions and families of desert antelope or zebra use the oasis occasionally before re-entering the desert. Every few months however, humans wearing luminous shining cloths and covering their faces with metal veils, do visit the oasis. Coming from the east, they seem to survey the land each time they come; they are never armed. They seem to not need it, seemingly being able to command plants and arthropods to do their bidding.

1 Worship [1DP] (Badger Tribe)

Metalhand did awake to see that the people had changed and improved, truly settling down by the oasis and establishing proper homesteads...seemingly being influenced by a wiseman from the east, an immortal human named Asteriskasteriskasterisk. Through his guidance, the people of the oasis had been taught to how to create walls, roofs and even doors- a task greatly aided by the tools and knowledge offered by Metalhand generations before. The Tools of the Apprentice, now having been passed from father to son for three generations, were used to make many of these. Malkuno is the current bearer of the tools and will likely pass the tools to his son when his time comes.

With things as they are, the humans of the oasis now worship a pantheon of spirits. Metalhand is seen as the man of the old place, the maker of things and patron of crafting. Another, Du-Ur is worshiped as the lord of knowledge, rulers and family heads. It seems that Asteriskasteriskasterisk had convinced many of the oasis that his 'great spirit' was one of great power and one who COULD show his strength- as seen by Asteriskasteriskasterisk's physical strength and ability to carve doors into the mountains.

As for Stoneye, who is currently perched in front of Metalhand's workshop, he has performed his duties. Often visiting the humans and telling tale of Metalhand, he also explores farther afield. To the northeast, he warns, is a great danger- a spirit who's mind is strong enough to warp those who come too near. North to the mountains, a mountain is bleeding and has continued to bleed for decades. A tribe of landwhales inhabits its slopes. To the east, the river people continue their feuding and rutting. A plant called lightroot is also beginning to grow in the oasis; it is said that some people around them no longer feel the need to eat. Most people don't know what to think about this. He also reports that he's successfully raised 53 chicks.

1 Worship [1CP] (Door-Hammer Tribe)

Shelldon awoke and saw little in terms of change. Although, the pygmies now had canoes, slightly better tools and now had stilt-homes along the river banks. Aea greeted Shelldon as he awoke, saying that she had done as the crab asked, but that they had no enemies to  sacrifice to the crab. The local crabs had been protected, and indeed, made sacred. The mating seasons of the various crabs of the area were holy periods to the Crab Tribe, ever fearful of Shelldon's wrath should his supposed children be harmed.

Shelldon: 1 Worship [1CP] (Crab Tribe) added
Myth of Crabfather attained.

Du-Ur awoke, and while still on the peak, felt its consciousness greatly expanded out in the west, far off to the distance. Even though it had never been there, it felt connected to the land and knew of what had occurred. Decades before, Asteriskasteriskasterisk had went west in search of more fertile lands where his flock wouldn't die to starvation and saber scorpion predatory. The first oasis he found was ruled by a spirit that made him fearful, so he went farther, eventually reaching a smaller one. Though he sensed another spirit of power here, he felt that this one was weaker than the other and thus, settled in to watch how life was in these parts. After some decades, he began his mission, teaching the locals about Du-Ur and the benefits of permanent housing. That the locals had surprisingly good crafting tools was a surprise, but not unwelcome. With their aid, he was able to quickly (relatively, anyway) make homes of stone and lumber. The first of these homes went to the strongmen or strongwomen of each of the clans, and so, he came to be associated with rulers. In turn, so did Du-Ur. As Asteriskasteriskasterisk had spread the word of his great spirit successfully, he had then gone south to the nearby mountains to make doors. Even now, he was thinking on how he could quickly transfer stonework from the southern mountains to the oasis. Currently, his family and some of the tribe helped him every now and then, but this was far too slow.

1 Worship [1CP] (Door-Hammer Tribe)

Midan's people continued on doing what they had always done: forcing the lesser tribes to submit. However, many had simply fled into the lowlands or elsewhere in the mountains; after all, the world was a big place. Regardless, the tribe of the volcano continued to grow, if slowly. Even with the reduced size of the whales and the Pillager of the Earth, Midan's flock did not grow greatly. Indeed, Fire-marked spent more and more of his time trying to improve their way of living, rather than expanding his rule. Even now, he had learnt the very basics of agriculture and worked to keep herds of bovine and goat enclosed in valleys- for easier hunting.

Kakkabum did nothing of note and discovers nothing new of note.

Tala awoke to find a realm very much different to the previous one. There were still feuds and raids and bloody murders, but these were limited by the law imposed in generations past.To raid for bride or groom was proper in the right season at the right time. To raid for honour-scars were proper, if nothing else was touched. All other raids were considered unlawful by the lawspeakers, who were somewhat influenced by the immortal Diwata.

Feuds were first to be settled by mediation. If that failed, a blood price would be given, in goods and honour. If that failed, then the feud would continue. However, now a clan could simply disown a feuding member, freeing them of the conflict.

While the laws were not perfect, they were very much considered better than the chaos of the ages past, and this was a narrative much spoken of by the lawspeakers. Those who knowingly broke the Law would find themselves warned, ostracised and finally, given over to Diwata for eternal service. These outlaws had their souls broken and made servants of Diwata, for the greater cause of expanding and regulating the laws of Tala. With this small army, Diwata did earn for herself a measure of respect, establishing a de-facto chiefdom of her own by the banks of the river. From here, she did do much to maintain the justice of the law, as well as its spirit. Often communicating with the spirits, she sought harmony with the land and the people. Many visitors to her land would however, speak of the unsettling number of white-eyed humans and animals, seemingly without soul or mind. These, Diwata proclaimed, had broken the laws too many times and had been made to serve the law as its embodiment.

The lightroot plant-creature had become common in the lands that Tala knew of, and by remembering the memories of the land, had seen it prosper in way. Due to the way these plants worked, many people had simply stopped eating. They just planted lightroot in a place and lived around it. The usefulness of the plant had proven so great that the people of the river, even far beyond the lands of Tala's law, now carried bags of dirt with lightroot planted inside. It was said that the plant had become widely adopted in the lands of the tyrant-queen, the lugal.

Due to all the free time caused by not hunting or gathering for food, many more people spent time crafting or telling tales. Figurines or ochre paintings are now quite common amongst the lawful people, and some are even experimenting with the pottery so favoured in the west.

As for the 'pact', it has had little real effect. Humans seem quite protective of the lighroot and dislike it when animals devour the plant. Indeed, most people of the law seem to dislike herbivores more than predators at this point; Diwata's negotiations with the spirits have seen the predators of the land either die to plague, or otherwise prevented from further predation by her army of souless husks.

1 Worship [1 Essence] (Lawful People)
Myth of Godhood (Law, Lightroot, Teaching)

Vulpes Grande awoke. Beside a greater plant density in the area, nothing else had changed. x2.

Sarkyran awoke and was instantly greeted by a throng of people in jubilation, the golem Ortile at the very front. Painted now in many colours and patterns, he looked quite different from before. Amongst the crowd were many tribes and clans. The red-ears, the broken-knee, false-stones, curled-hairs, the exiled clan...all here united for one day in honour over the Lord of Peace and Love. With tears in their eyes, women and men both approached with garlands of not flowers, but worked copper. They gave thanks to Sarkyran, he who had enlightened the people and given them Lord Ortile, who had taught each of their wisemen and wisewomen in the arts of 'Civilisation'. Sarkyran noticed that many now wore not just simple hides, but hides woven together into actual clothing. Some even wore copper bangles or piercings. Others of bone or stone.

Reading the memories of the land, it seemed that Ortile had done exactly as Sarkyran had commanded, teaching the people of the land. Indeed, as people saw the wisdom of Ortile, they too began to honour Sarkyran; for if a lord as noble and wise as Ortile could bow to a greater being, surely this being was worthy of veneration? In that time, Ortile had taught the people of the sowing of crops, pottery, the working of copper, the secret of weaving and even the most basic of pictograms. Explorers from the southern banks of the river had also visited the area, commanding small canoes; the people of the Flint-Truce now used such vehicles as well.

1 Worship [Essence] (Flint-Truce Culture)
Myth of Godhood (Earth, Civilisation, Peace)

Guar awoke and found his people far greater in number...and seemingly far more militant than before. Juuar was there to greet Guar, as well as a handful of tribesmen, all armed and with painted faces. They all kneeled, save for Juuar. The serpent greeted his master and bade him to look around at what had changed in the time since Guar's last awakening. Palisades and even walls of stone had been raised. There were many more huts and tents, with areas set aside for horses, mainly used to transport goods or as food. Many people even rode horses. There was also a clear social distinction within the settlement: those who had power, those who were free and followed the leaders, and a caste of servants and not at all free. Juuar said that while Guar had commanded that those who persist in not following Guar be devoured, Juuar believed that they could be of better use as workers. Unfree, they could be sacrificed as needed and in the mean time work and produce children for the tribe. He termed them thralls. The rest of the people were free, with the greatest warriors or greatest leaders given a privileged position amongst the rest.

Juuar told the entity of life of what had happened in the generations past.

>The settlement had grown and learnt much. By way of trade, interrogation and observance, the secrets of other peoples had been secured.
>The erection of walls, ditches and palisades are however, of Juuar's own devising.
>The people who have converted after Juuar's 'missionary work' have all been told to migrate here, amongst the plains. Water is an issue, however. Or rather, was. The plant known as lightroot is fantastically good at draining the land of water, and has even  alleviated the need for food completely; those around them simply do not need to eat anymore. It now grows freely in the plains, after a planting campaign. They grow in great quantities within the settlement as well.
>The people of the south have been united under the leadership of the one who calls themselves a lugal. She is Gemegishkirihallat Spirit-Speaker, she who rules over the many villages. Juuar has personally gone to many of the villages, and while many refused to worship Guar, many were devoured or taken as thralls. In the years past, Juuar has been content to allow his people to raid them for goods and thralls. The lugal seems to be a servant of the spirit Fu, supposedly the goddess of Magic, Order and the Winds
>Juuar has not been able to journey far beyond the Pillar of Life after an attack on his soul. He suspects that it was the lugal herself. Juuar has since been sacrificing to many spirits, in order to hide his soul from the lugal.

TO the south, Guar could feel a strong power, similar to his own awaken. Likely the spirit Fu.

Guar: 4 Essence (Source: Human Blood)
1 Worship [1 Essence] (Plains Horse Culture)
Myth of Godhood (Life, Horses, Blood, Warriors)

To the south, Guar felt a strong power awaken. Likely this 'Fu' that had established itself on the river banks.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2019, 05:36:45 pm by micelus »
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 17