Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 17

Author Topic: Between the Rivers: Gods Adrift [IC]  (Read 21379 times)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: Between the Rivers: Gods Adrift [IC]
« Reply #75 on: February 18, 2019, 10:43:26 pm »

Before taking any "official" actions, Metalhand tells Stoneye to investigate the source and purpose of the "Lightroot", as well as to learn more about this "Du-ur".

Then, Metalhand calls out to the tribe(s?) of the oasis, asking them to send him their men and women of great leadership, so he may grant a gift to the one he finds most worthy.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 18, 2019, 10:53:56 pm »

After some time, a man named Asteriskasteriskasterisk comes along; he looks sullen. A woman named Zapharia also comes along.

Metalhand senses a level of power in the man, but still quite a bit less than Metalhand's own.

« Last Edit: February 18, 2019, 10:55:49 pm by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 18, 2019, 11:15:47 pm »

Metalhand, upon seeing the one he would denote to himself as “***”, made a slight grimace.
While I suppose I can’t fault the reasoning for you being sent, I must say that I’d been hoping more for those not already empowered.
He then turns to Zapharia with a kind smile. You, on the other hand, feel untouched, pure to be shaped as needed. Tell me of yourself, and why you were chosen to meet me.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2019, 12:57:14 pm by Glass »

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 18, 2019, 11:35:52 pm »

"I am a mother of 16 and more importantly, none of them have preceded me in falling into the eternal sleep. I've seen many things in my years, and I've helped a great number of people. Why, I think I know nearly everybody at this rate, certainly everyone younger than me; I helped their mothers give birth. Sometimes I helped them when they were still pregnant, or sometimes they needed help getting pregnant. Maybe because of all my advice, the other elders deem me to be so great. Now, I don't think that personally...but I won't deny that everyone calls me grandma and that I've stopped more than a few feuds with some nagging and badgering."
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 19, 2019, 12:27:51 am »

Metalhand grins broadly. I fully assure you, your humility only does you credit. Stay with me for a few days; you are quite worthy of the gift I had planned.

Metalhand works for two days, day and night, creating an accoutrement for Zapharia.

At the end of the two days, Metalhand bequeaths the Chain to Zapharia.
I grant unto you the Chain of Leadership. This will help you to guide the tribes of these lands to greatness, but remember, this also gives you a responsibility to those you lead - the chain binds you to your people just as much as it chains them to you. Bear it wisely.
And more than that, I grant you a piece of myself, of my own soul, to strengthen you.

Spoiler: Disciple, 1CP (click to show/hide)

Go forth, Zapharia, and lead these peoples to greatness. I can already see that you can.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2019, 12:57:41 pm by Glass »

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 19, 2019, 01:07:41 am »

"Oh my....but what about Asteriskasteriskasterisk? He's the oldest and wisest of us all- he was already here when I was born, going off and doing things."

Asteriskasteriskasterisk has been silent this whole time, do note.
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 19, 2019, 01:30:29 am »

*** has already been blessed by Du-ur; I am unsure if I even could grant them my powers, let alone if Du-ur would appreciate having to share a representative. Besides, I prefer to give my boons to those who have proven themselves even before they have been given power.
And if you do not have faith in yourself, then have faith in me, and I will have faith in you for you.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2019, 12:57:53 pm by Glass »

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 19, 2019, 05:01:19 am »

He pats grandma Zapharia on the shoulder. "I'm blessed enough, ama."
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 19, 2019, 07:20:27 am »

And the Midan had spoken to spirits, and had learned of the places where the peoples of the land did gather; and the Midan had found the Fire-Marked, and had appeared before his beloved in the striking of flint upon iron, and had said, I am the Midan, I am the Speaker and the Spoken, and I have seen my followers grow mighty; and yet I too have seen them suffer, and toil greatly, for the mountains wherein I have been born are little suited for life. And the Midan had said also, Lo, though I should desire to keep you ever close to my heart and hearth, I must ask you to journey, and to find richer plains; and for this reason I have sought, and I have found the places where the people of the land do gather, and I shall tell you of them thusly; and the Midan had told his beloved of the things he had learned. And the Midan had said, thus shall your warriors travel far through these mountains, and shall raid the peoples who dwell there, and you shall take their food and tools to your benefit, and their sons and daughters to make your increase, and you shall make to me sacrifices of their warriors. Yet shall you also find the peaceful human group to whom I have spoken, which shall tell you that they know the name of Midan, for they will surely be found where I have told you that they live, and you shall spare them, and make amicable trade with them; for they will one day become my followers too.

And the Midan had said, for this purpose I shall teach you to take the wood of the mountains and make conveyances thereby, that you may travel far.
And the Midan had gathered his followers and had taught them how to use timbers to construct frames with which to drag things behind them, and how to shape wheels for use upon even ground, and the relative merits of these things; and Lo, that these can even be combined, with wheels that may be engaged or removed as suits the field of travel, or even many tiny wheels with independent degrees of motion that may be used together, optionally wrapped with cords to surmount some obstacles, after the fashion of what Midan calls a 'tank'. And the Midan had said, with these techniques you will traverse great distances as though they were but negligible spans, and you shall discover even more such methods by applying your ingenuity, and in this way you may freely come down from the mountains for many reasons and yet still return to my volcano in pilgrimage, which I shall require all of my followers to make at least once in your lives, even those who may someday be born far from this land; and we shall call it the Hajj.

And the Midan had returned to speak alone to the Fire-Marked and had said, I am desirous of a human servant to spread my light unto the humans also; wherefore you shall seek amidst the humans of your tribe for the greatest among them, by your own judgement, and bring that one before me that I may anoint it; and it shall be a servant and friend unto you, for the union of the peoples. And lastly I tell you, when that is done, that I have learned also of a great settlement far to the south beyond the mountains, where the humans are far too great in number; eventually you will arrive there, and I bid you to take caution for they may be strong, and may have protectors of their own (I conjecture), but raid them as you are able, and trade with them as you will, and let them know of the glory of Midan, who shall honour the worthy and smite the faithless.

And then the Midan waited to receive the human he was to anoint.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #84 on: February 21, 2019, 02:38:16 am »

Kakkabum looks around and briefly monologues in his loneliness:

"Would that there were others to share the stories of the stars with! Alas, this remote corner of the world holds few but the remnants of a glorious people now forbidden to all. Let there now be Mountain Men to revel in the glories of the night sky."

Action 1 (3CP): Kakkabum fills the grassy hex S5 with not just the Mountain (Whoa)men but the Mountain (Whoa)women and the Mountain (Whoa)children too.

Spoiler: Mountain (Whoa)Men (click to show/hide)

"Come, my children, I will teach you how to make a living for yourselves. You shall change the course of the groundgalaxy in order that these plantrocks, these seeds you shall plant when the Sun is in the House of the Hired Man and the days are growing longer, remain [damp]. When the harvest season comes, when the Sun is in the House of the Barleystock and the days grow short, you will remain warm and nourished in your hovels..."

Action 2: Kakkabum spends some time teaching the Mountain Whoas how to farm the local grains (and "stargrass" should any happen to be growing nearby).

"Here is my final gift to you until the time of your grandchildren: I have called down the lesser stars to create many holes in these hills to serve as houses for you and your kin. Come, O wise Whoamen, and claim these idyllic highland homes."

Action 3 (up to 2DP): Kakkabum blasts holes into the mountains in the hex Kakkabum occupies to serve as houses for the Whoas.

"And now, I must retreat and rejoin my brethren in the heavens. I will leave you with one prophecy:"

Quote from: The Incoherent Prophecy
When
 * The Sun has risen in the crown of the Bull
 * The Evening Star, pursued by red Nergal, Mourns, comforted by Kakkabum
 * Marduk sleeps and Ninurta dreams
Then
 * The Moon shall swallow the chariot of the Sun
 * With Kakkabum occupied, the Stars shall fall upon the world, burning all to ash
 * The survivors shall slaughter each other, driven mad by the songs of the Fallen Stars
Unless
 * The yearly sacrifice, a single healthy Whoa, is made
 * The Whoas guard their dwellings with the Ancient Glyph, an eyed star (and definitely not a tree/leaf)

Hoping for the best, Kakkabum sleeps.

Spoiler: scrapped (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 21, 2019, 04:45:51 am by Kilojoule Proton »

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 26, 2019, 03:49:45 pm »

Gemegishkirihallat, the Miko of the Winds, brings her kind daughter to Fu's physical location.

"Thank you my Miko. I am Fu, and we have quite a bit to speak of."

"My Miko, could you go to gather the people in around the Whistling Stones? After this I shall teach them of write and read, so they can pass it one to others."

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 26, 2019, 07:59:43 pm »

It is done
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 27, 2019, 08:52:34 am »

"Well.. I do need a name to know what to call you."

"I am told you are fairly kind. As such, I have a mission for you."

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 27, 2019, 06:55:36 pm »

She kneels.

"Ninsar"
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 01, 2019, 09:01:04 am »

Diligent Daughter then..

"Well, if you are. So it shall be."

2CP & 1 EE
Code: [Select]
Subsoul: Raise Champion from Mortal
Name: Ninsar, Miko of the Water.
Appearance: A single sky-blue swirl on their face. Appearance in the prime of their life.
Personality:???(Mortal's Previous Personality)
PHYS: PS: +0  AS:+3
SPIR: EGO:+0  SS:+0  W:+3
Myths:
Initiative: High Initiative
Orders:
Bless the Land of our People: The first, and arguably most important of your Duties. Once every twenty years, you must travel to bless the water of the land. See to it that the People are given this gift.

Teach the People, and Thyself: Learn. Be it Magic, Reading and Writing, Arithmetic, Medicine & Healing. See to the development of Magic and the People, and always keep Learning yourself.

Kindness: I am told by your mother you are kind. See to it you remain that way, for your own kindness does you credit. Just don't let others fool you, and be careful.

Academia: Make sure to see to the recording of history and other subjects, so others may learn from it.

Direction: This is more of a secondary task, but make sure the areas our people settle are properly sanctified to me. This way, those whose homes are there will return to me, rather than their souls be destroyed by others. This way, they may pass on freely to their afterlife. You should also make sure they send their foes to me too, when they die, so they may also be sent to the afterlife, by force; there is no reason we should not also spare our foes' souls from destruction.

Freedom: The last of my Laws. One day, you may pass down the duty to another. If such a time comes, make preparations for your successor, and teach them what you know. The Freedom of Yourself, as well as the People of the Land.

Traits:
Mortal Self's Previous Positive Traits, and none of the negative traits(if any).

Miko of the Water: Another of Fu's Miko, the Miko of Water has complete control over water and it's processes. From turning air to water, and water to ice, and back again and between. This is her magic. She does have a certain purpose though, in being able to bless the water of the land with magic. By doing so, for 30 years, those who live and partake of the water, be it water itself, or the water in food, will gain Mana in them, and be able to manifest their own elemental magics, as well as learn magic easily, should they focus on it.
(Note that only those who follow Fu can gain this blessing, and it becomes a permanent trait. This trait can not be passed down if those with this trait do not follow Fu.)
{This may give rise to magical plants, given water is needed for all life.}

Progenitor of Mana: Ninsar, the Miko of Water, has a natural grasp on magic, and what systems can be applied to it, as well as writing, arithmetic, and reading/decoding other systems. She also has a resistance to magic and mind/spirit-alteration. Through study, others shall learn from her teaching. And in time, she shall grow stronger, and Master Magics.

"Welcome to the fold, Ninsar, my Second Miko..."

"Gemegishkirihallat, It would be wise to let her use the staff sometimes, we have time. And you won't lose the effect either. For now, war looms, and that bow shall serve you well. Feel free to pick off the commanders of the horde."

"Well for now, my Mikos, let's go teach."
Fu claps.

Fu, and her Mikos, head to the Whistling Stones. There, Fu teaches those gathered of Writing, and what the various katakana, hiragana, & kanji mean.(Reading) As well, Ink Creation and Paper Creation, with help from her Mikos.(As it's only a slight step from what is already available)

Writing and all it's associations, put simply.

With all that done, Fu speaks to her Mikos again.

"Ninsar, once you're ready, Bless this area, then head out to the other villages before returning. Make sure to bring some people of Import back with you, since this Area is probably safest."

"Gemegishkirihallat, prepare for war, for this Guar certainly will not have his followers stand down. Being able to write messages and coordinate  will prove useful in uniting against them."

"Most of all, stay alive you two. Each of you have a purpose. Ninsar, you need to empower our people, and Gemegishkirihallat to direct them. I'll be able to act again in 50 years, as will Guar, so make sure to end this, and create a shrine on their lands so I can finish it upon my awakening."

1 DP used for the Wind Stone, 1 EE used for the Whistling Stones.

Actions, Power, and Essence. Depleted; Turn Ended. Fu disperses asleep once more.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 17