Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 17

Author Topic: Between the Rivers: Gods Adrift [IC]  (Read 21239 times)

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
Re: Between the Rivers: Gods Adrift [IC]
« Reply #60 on: February 13, 2019, 06:09:51 pm »

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: POIs (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Accoutrements (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Monuments (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Natural Wonders (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Cultures (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 25, 2019, 03:53:46 am by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 13, 2019, 06:24:56 pm »

Spoiler: Player Entities (click to show/hide)
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 13, 2019, 07:27:02 pm »

action 1: i talk to the pygmies you have done well, and have pleased me greatly, so i shall teach you the art of dyes and camouflage
« Last Edit: February 13, 2019, 11:17:04 pm by darkwarlock3 »
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.
I came for the games and stayed for the lack of sanity.
Grammar is my only weakness

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 13, 2019, 08:26:40 pm »

Action 1+2:i teach the tribe of the crab of how dyes are made by using some local resources  and even teach them how it can be used to mislead ,confuse or even hide you from others and give some examples like crabs, crocs, and other aquatic animals, which allows them to ambush their prey... you have done well, and have pleased me greatly, so i shall teach you the art of dyes and camouflage
action three: i change into a guardian
« Last Edit: February 13, 2019, 11:19:28 pm by darkwarlock3 »
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.
I came for the games and stayed for the lack of sanity.
Grammar is my only weakness

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 13, 2019, 08:31:20 pm »

[Vulpes Grande, God of Civilization]

Vulpes Grande is not pleased with the lack of local foxes. But after consulting their helper, found that they do pass by. They just need a reason to stay.
"Loath as I am to provide ease, I will provide food. With roots burrowing deep, and juicy plump berries. But they shall be scattered. Only the observant shall feast."
Vulpes Grande alters some of the Shrubs in the hex, into Blood-berry Bushes. Using 2 CP.
Spoiler: Blood-berry Bush (click to show/hide)
True to their word, Vulpes Grande scatters the Blood-berry Bushes around the hex. Them blending well in with the Shrubs around the place.

"Now, I shall wait. Or perhaps provoke."
Vulpes Grande tries sending a dream once more. But this time, he's primarily targeting the foxes.
They will dream of a fox that is thirsty and hungry.
It finds Vulpes Grande's domain, and here, they look around, until they see a peculiar plant, the Blood-berry Bush, from which they will feast.
It's hunger and thirst now sated, it lies down. But there is a shadow.
It looks back, to see Vulpes Grande, providing it shadow. But Vulpes Grande doesn't speak. Then the dream ends.

With nothing else to spend it on, Vulpes Grande stores 1 CP and 2 DP.
Reserve: 1/3 CP, 2/4 DP.
- Sinister Digitus (1/1)
- Sinister Manus (1/3)
- Dexter Manus (1/3)

Edit: Correcting some mistakes I made when I first typed it. I was tired.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2019, 05:59:20 am by Happy Demon »
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 14, 2019, 01:59:36 am »

Sarkyran awoke in delight as his followers had seemingly cast off pointless violence against one another. As ever though, there was more work to be done, and thus did Sarkyran labour to improve the lot of his worshippers and followers.

Action 1: First did Sarkyran teach his followers how to make axes from copper and work wood effectively and efficiently. Being in one of the few forests of the world meant this would be particularly beneficial to his followers. Though Sarkyran cautions his followers about taking too much wood, and teaches them to respect the forest, and to plant new trees for the ones they take.

Action 2: Then did Sarkyran provide picks and chisels, and taught his followers the art of stonemasonry. The sandstone in the local area is a strong, resilient material to build lasting constructions out of, and a useful material for grinding grain into flour and to sharpen blades.

Action 3: Finally, did Sarkyran proclaim a contest between mortals, a divine challenge to see who would become the king of the tribes. A series of tests are organised, of a physical and mental nature. Any prospective king must be fit in body and adaptive in mind. Several of the tests however judge the character of the prospective, ensuring that only those with the intent to do good with the power offered. To assist him in judging the contest, and to judge successive contests whilst Sarkyran slumbers. Furthermore, Sarkyran gives warning about the happenings in foreign lands; pointedly directed at the plant known as Lightroot. Declaiming the plant as a crime against the earth itself, distorting the balance and peace of not only nature, but against man himself and that his followers should do what they can to destroy the plant when and wherever they can in order to preserve peace in man and nature. [5 CP for greater servant subsoul]

Spoiler: Sarkyran's Guardian (click to show/hide)
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 14, 2019, 06:54:28 am »

Shattered Statue awoke from his(her?) slumber, irritated that it had not managed to catch up with the rogue elephant herd before being snatched from awakening. Still it felt the presence of its worshippers thrumming within the fragments of her (his?) mind, and was content with them, though those who would prey upon those who worshipped the Shattered ignited a burning rage within the Statue. Something must be done.

Action 1 [1 CP]: The Shattered Statue searches among his(her?) worshippers' children for one who is most pious and loyal to the Statue in its deeds, words and thoughts. This child shall then become the third of the Statue's disciples. The Shattered Statue appears to the child within a dream to proclaim such, and promises a great boon for the loyal.

"Serve me, and serve my people well, and all shall prosper under the coils of I."

Action 2 [5 DP, 1 CP]: The Shattered observes the behaviour of Murdus for a month, and if it pleases him(her?), implants within the chest of Murdus a new heart of beating soulbronze, a heart of power so that she might have the means to enact the will of the Statue. If Murdus does not please the Statue, she(he?) implants the heart in his(her?) own floating partial torso cavity instead.
Spoiler: Bronze Heart of Power (click to show/hide)

Action 3: Shattered Statue continues tracking the runaway elephant herd, and if he should find them, wrestles them into submission.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2019, 01:39:26 pm by Demonic Spoon »

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 14, 2019, 06:56:33 am »

Sorry, accident.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 14, 2019, 05:09:54 pm »

I carve out an area connected to my oasis over the tile to the north. Next I spread oasis reed around it, finally I hunt down my tribals once more and bestow an Accoutrement to them before once more wandering to the center of the oasis.
Code: (Actions) [Select]
Carve out river ready tile to the north [1DP]
Create new grass plants around oasis area [2CP]
Create accoutrement "Fist of the Badger" and throw it to my natives [3DP]
Code: (Life) [Select]
Name: oasis reed
Appearance: long inch think bamboo like plants that grow full of small seeds- soft and edible while wet, they become quite hard and water resistant when dried.
Traits:
Code: (Accoutrement) [Select]
Name: The Fist of the badger
Appearance: a circular Fist sized stone with the engraven image of Basderieen's face on one side- and an image of his face on the other. its attached to a chain of stone links.
Purpose: Increases the strength of its wielder by three PS
« Last Edit: March 19, 2019, 12:33:08 pm by crazyabe »
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 15, 2019, 06:46:53 am »

Tala is content.

INGRESS (Champion Ingresses too, we speak about tons o' stuff
Spoiler: Basic outline of talk (click to show/hide)

1st action: Create Powerful Accoutrement (3 Cp and 2 Dp used + 1 CP; save that 1 Essence for later power)
Spoiler: The Spear-Banner (click to show/hide)

2nd action: Teach Writing and Talk to the tribes!
Tala observed the law and noticed how it was lacking, with this--she calmly issued to GATHER, that even animals who were warned not to trespass were spared from any punishment.

Tala noticed a large issue was the lack of spreading ideas and knowledge--that one brilliant insight would be interpreted in many ways, much like how the animals did not heed her or the lack of communication to revisit. Thus she taught writing and its innate knowledge as a passing form of word into sensible and sensory understanding, to be understood of both her people and the animals--this was to be kept as important between them and to help inspire knowledge. She mentioned how to use writing to work with the spirits, or to convey magics and other needed ideas as important possibilities (if they didn't get it now, they can review or rework! Basically, symbolism+)

She used allegory and familiarity, through her champion, and the framework of adjusting the laws, as writing communicated such and such--that there be more options for understanding and more ways by which understandings can be given in order for both the development of the benevolent people as a whole and as a culture, and for them to transmit their knowledge to future generations better (as oral learning requires the time and repetition of people to do so), that even spurious or arbitrative laws where there were none can be revised, struck down, or based upon core values and tenets of the people--that a major law important is that of communication and of aggrievances being listened and not just heard [She also mentions to her Champion that another thing that should be done, after telling her of the details of the temple, and that she's free to design it as she wills, is the important option of giving them a choice to be sacrificed to me]

She referenced the talk of sacrifice to her champion and mentioned the choice of sacrifice to her (sapient/non sapient) as a choice rather than be killed, and this would be more important in order to handle the growth of wrjting--and segued this into the second part...(below) She also noted various forms of writing as communication or words of power, from the spirit, to physical runes/tattoos, to images and writing forms...and how these can exemplify values, words of warding, power, warning, and even containers for knowledge and learning (and the materials used to hold them)

...She also mentioned that these can be written onto people and such, but must be taken care of, while specifying certain materials in the environment that would do so best. [I'm inspired :P]

She also put the word 'Memory' in her Champion's pool of tgought and associated it with the mind exploring previous happenings that appear present in the now, and upon being asked about writing implements--Tala noted her next teaching of TRADE (and also noted that there is chalk and other minerals nearby--speaking that she trusts the people to come up with reliable ways for recording and writing, otherwise, to come to her in 50 years about requests and updates).

3rd Action: Teach greater understanding of feelings, empathy, potential, and basically TRADE, and talk to the people and animals, teaching them how to make pacts with each other and the benefit of fair value and how understanding is the potential underlying trade (also availably put under law and regulated by such based on the means rather than arbitrary rulings)
Tala noted the passage of time and pondered upon the dying reality of this differential timespan, and that whatever needed to be done needed to be taught for the living here to grow and understand. Thus she spoke in depth about abstracted concepts--in concrete notions, teaching the importance of riddles, proverbs, teachings, much like the backings of law, and consequences as well as foresight. She focused into the importance of understanding exchange, of giving and taking, and to always remember the importance of finite resources being used and to treat such with respect (basically teaching trade) and mentioned it was important to keep some secrets as unique to yourself--especially this, as there are those who only keep secrets but never exchange them. The importance of trading for knowledge rather than materials (as she is able to give materials), and the importance of culture, community, well-being, and connectivity (of animals and people rather than the 'kill these herbivors because they eat lightroot'). She illustrated by expounding on the lightroot issue through her champion and the importance for diversifying its plantations--to teach the consequence of how horrible it would be to just devolve all they've learned if it died out entirely; hence the importance of improving agriculture, and making many different and useful traits using it--even making hardier and better lightroot suited to certain environments, as a major allegory of exchange.

Trade was also a manner of exchange they did orally--how they spoke to each other in everyday life, of how words meant meanings, and the ways people said things made better or worse of the situation, of how feuds developed because of how beliefs are formed of how they thought things were. Tala basically mentions the importance of understanding and being open to understanding even if one was used to certain ways.

In this long talk, she mentioned the importance of building upon knowledge and working with materials, to seek out those who knew how to do so and to trade openly with them--that lightroot can be used to transport needed nourishments and foods, and how Trade was integral in exchange with the environment and other life (because they were already doing it). She very much hinted that they should learn how to work with lightroot and diversify, lest they stagnate and die. Noting the law, it was important for tribes to openly exchange rather than feud on who marries whom--that this insight of emotion made into significant visible things helped adjust that, or even teach that for people to grow. With knowing trade and language, she told them all that she hoped this would help them not be cheated in turn--for she expressed her understanding that those who kept secrets had good reasons to do so, and instead giving better options and advances of communication was the better path.

She asked Diwata to help her, by using her spear and the surrounding fervor for learning to draw these images and depictions of how they worked out--that they were free to create their own, but to also listen to understand what was happening and communicate. [She also mentioned to seriously edit those orders I gave, that I will spend a {full action next turn} in teaching otherwise {Please let this happen Mice >_< I feel bad enough already in having failed her, and it looks ugly in format!}]

She also corrected the people for not using the lightroot well and expounded upon it and its potential! It can give aplenty--use it to diversify plants that you don't need to HATE the herbivores or the carnivores!

Basically she also mentioned the proverbs of how personality can be shaped to an extent and that all living creatures from birth or existence already had a personality. That even if people did not believe now, they could revisit through writing to relearn in seeing differently. And if they felt harmed by the law, they were able to act upon pacts or present specific, certain symbols to forbid any harm to them in order to communicate how they are harmed in order to progress the law [/Teaching, HO!]

At last, she asked Diwata that she be known as a spirit of exploration, of guidance, in teaching, and of the same myths that people know about her and more. She ends her talks with the people on the note of emphasizing their potential, growth, and learning, to travel and learn and travel back here for this is their home of wisdom, water, learning, and life, and to nevermore forget who taught whom! (Because it is insulting to forget me and I will withdraw and cease to exist and that is kinda sad) (and noting that with a few more pictures of their envisioned fate--a bright future where animals and humans and other beings are working together, alongside a depiction of Tala and other spirits alongside her)

((E: Typos x.x))
« Last Edit: March 23, 2019, 11:08:21 pm by Tiruin »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 15, 2019, 07:19:53 pm »

Code: [Select]
Accoutrement: 3 DP
Name: Bow of the Center Winds
Appearance: A bow of Glass and Steel, it's string and arrows that of the spirit.
Purpose: Boosts SS by 3. Bound to Fu, and the wielder chosen by Fu. Fu can revoke this permission, bringing the Bow back to Fu. Always the correct size, and can be used on the physical plane to initiate spirit combat, it's arrows dealing damage according to Spirit Realm rules.

Created and given to my Miko. For Diplomacy seems to have broken down.

Spoiler: Saving for later (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 15, 2019, 08:17:57 pm by TricMagic »

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 15, 2019, 08:15:10 pm »

Fu cannot do this in the heat of combat.
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 16, 2019, 06:59:48 am »

Du-Ur sensed, saw, and knew. And Du-Ur was pleased. Asteriskasteriskasterisk had made a wonderful job, becoming a true herald of Doors! Du-Ur felt great happiness, knowing Asteriskasteriskasterisk had opened the way to many doors.

Sensing the powerful spirit of Oasis, Du-Ur felt something had to be done. Looking at UNHINGED, he knew what could be done. Smash time!

"BY TERRIFYING ASTERISKASTERISKASTERISK, THIS SPIRIT HAS UNWITTINGLY OFFENDED DOORS AND DU-UR!!! IT IS HIGH TIME DU-UR SHOWS THIS SPIRIT THE DOOR, FIGURATIVELY AND PROPERLY!!!"

Action 1: Movement Du-Ur moves to the powerful spirit, UNHINGED with him!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Action 2:??? What will happen to Du-Ur??? See next time on Between the Rivers: Gods Adrift...

To be continued...

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 16, 2019, 07:25:16 am »

Asteriskasteriskasterisk feels something emptying from his soul. He can't say why, but he suddenly begins weeping.
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 17, 2019, 03:06:17 am »

The Midan would like to ingress before deciding what to do.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 17